PDA

View Full Version : Telekenetic Bard

MrStabby
2016-05-25, 08:25 PM
So I have been thinking about rolling up a lore bard and I was interested in taking telekinesis.

I know bigby's had is probably the better spell all in all but with cutting words, glibness, forsight and peerless skill (at high levels) and jack of all trades I can see myself smashing creatures of walls and ceilings, holding them over fire pits, in blade barriers and with the warlock in the party casting hex on the target i just don't see them getting out.

The question is, what to I need to compliment this? Counterspell seems a no-brainer for a level 3 magical secret but what else can work? How else can I more effectively mind-wrestle people? What goes alongside?

I was thinking spiritual weapon as the other level 3- spell. It wouldn't compete for concentration and would let me use my bonus action to beat the restrained enemy.

Anyone have any tips on how I can make this better? To me there are no obvious dips in other classes or any feats to take to help (other than to get Con as a proficient save). It just doesn't seem that reliable untill really high level or if the warlock hasn't put hex down (although at least there is no proficiency to add to a monster's score, bust some monsters do have massive strength scores).

Specter
2016-05-25, 08:45 PM
If you're into dips, I can see Diviner 2 for extra luck, or Sorcerer 3 for Subtle Spell (casting it while standing still is just too cool).

MrStabby
2016-05-25, 09:03 PM
If you're into dips, I can see Diviner 2 for extra luck, or Sorcerer 3 for Subtle Spell (casting it while standing still is just too cool).

There is a lot of coolness to throwing people about the place whist sat there looking innocent. I wondered about diviner for extra luck but two levels of wizard seems quite steep. At least I can use both low and high results as it is an opposed check. Looking at the bard progression it looks like it could be levels 18 and 19 though.

Naanomi
2016-05-25, 09:33 PM
Arcane trickster to play your instrament telekinetically via Mage-hand? (*air-guitar*)