PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Warforged Walloping Wizard

Fightmaster
2016-05-26, 05:22 PM
I'm running a one on one campaign with a friend playing a Champion Fighter 3/Barbarian 2 and I'm writing his current arch enemy (The Mage in the Monster Manual). This mage has been trying to capture him to experiment on him, but after being crit for half his health and then being knocked out of concentrating on his fly spell by a magic missile into a river- he's rather miffed. I've decided that this mage wants to make scrap metal out of him, but on his own terms. What might be some fun spells/magic items for the mage to use in a melee duel? This battle will most likely take place once the player reaches level 6 and goes bear totem

indemnity
2016-05-26, 08:58 PM
Phantom Steed and fight from atop a shadow mount

Animate Dead seems obvious

Major Image and Hallucinatory Terrain to create shadow clones

It is a druid spell, but using Heat Metal to weld stuff to the warforged could be funny.

Wilko
2016-05-27, 04:00 AM
The MM Mage has wizard slots up to Lvl 5 if you are tailoring this mage to beat a warforged, you might want to consider;

Cantrips - Shocking Grasp - "You have advantage on the attack roll if the target is wearing armor made of metal." given that a WF is MADE of metal that's a melee attack with permanent advantage.

LVL2 - Shatter - "A creature made of inorganic material such as stone, crystal, or metal has disadvantage on this saving throw" again atacks with advantage:smallbiggrin:

Fightmaster
2016-06-09, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the input guys, the fight was intense and he ended up tanking a shatter, fireball, and cone of cold. He won the fight by throwing the wizard off the top of the spire, it was an awesome session

Easy_Lee
2016-06-09, 11:38 AM
Tsk, wizard should have prepped feather fall.