PDA

View Full Version : Custom item creation and legacy weapons (items)

ayvango
2016-05-27, 12:58 AM
I'd like to add spell-like custom abilities to a legacy items. DMG has guidelines how to create custom items holding spells. But I'd like to bound several spell abilities to a single legacy item (it is a WBL optimization). Have someone calculated pricing for it? What legacy slots would use continuous or command word activated depending on spell levels? Have anyone calculated it?

Troacctid
2016-05-27, 01:21 AM
The rules for creating custom legacy weapons can be found in chapter 4 of Weapons of Legacy. There is a limited list of special abilities you can choose from; it's not like creating a normal custom item. Some of the abilities on the various menus include at-will or continuous spell effects; refer to the book for details.

ayvango
2016-05-27, 01:52 AM
I've read it. Predefined menus are like predefined items. And I want to build custom menu entries like custom items could be build. Speaking abstractly existing menus could be reverse engineered to calculate spell-like abilities cost.

frost890
2016-05-28, 01:16 PM
I would say that the first step is to get with your GM wnd find out if they have any specific house rules for artifacts. It would first take a founding event/ritual. This will set the theme of the item and what powers the item has. You are basically making a custom class for an item or turning the item into a way for you to gestalt.