PDA

View Full Version : how does one become Colossal Plus

Amdy_vill
2016-05-27, 07:35 AM
How do i make a character that is Colossal Plus and what damage would this do to the build

Khedrac
2016-05-27, 07:39 AM
Step 1. Become a dragon.

The Colossal Plus size category only applies to dragons, other creature the same size (or larger) remain Colossal.

What would it do to the build? - Well that all depends on the build.

Amdy_vill
2016-05-27, 07:43 AM
I am trying to make a monk that is as larger as it can be

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-27, 07:45 AM
Colossal+ is a special designation that is pretty much reserved for advanced or epic dragons. It's not a size category, and the changes from Colossal to Colossal+ are defined only for dragons.

Dragons typically don't reach the colossal+ stage until they have 50 HD or more. So, to answer your question: it would damage your build, in the sense that you'd have to play a 50 HD creature with an LA of --, which is impossible. Even if you do get a level adjustment approved, you're still starting at ECL 50+.

Amdy_vill
2016-05-27, 07:47 AM
how would i get to just Colossal.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-27, 07:56 AM
A dragonwrought kobold should be able to get to Colossal+ with enough size boosts. The giant size spell could get you to Colossal, for instance, and it has no wording saying it doesn't stack with other size boosts (like what the expansion power has).

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-27, 08:11 AM
A dragonwrought kobold should be able to get to Colossal+ with enough size boosts. The giant size spell could get you to Colossal, for instance, and it has no wording saying it doesn't stack with other size boosts (like what the expansion power has).
Colossal+ isn't gained by increasing size, it's an effect of gaining age categories/hit dice. The transition from colossal to colossal+ goes as follows:

A dragon that is Tiny as a wyrmling is in the smaller group, a dragon that is Small as a wyrmling and never reaches Colossal size is in the normal group, and a dragon that is Small to Large as a wyrmling and reaches Colossal by the great wyrm stage is in the larger group.

A smaller-sized dragon becomes Colossal when it gains two age categories (+6 HD) beyond great wyrm. It increases to Colossal+ (see below) when it gains an additional four age categories (+18 HD total). Thus, a white great wyrm reaches Colossal size at 42 HD and Colossal+ at 54 HD, while a brass great wyrm becomes Colossal at 43 HD and Colossal+ at 55 HD.

A normal-sized dragon becomes Colossal when it gains one age category (3 Hit Dice) beyond great wyrm. It increases to Colossal+ when it gains an additional four age categories (+15 HD total). Thus, a green great wyrm reaches Colossal size at 41 HD and Colossal+ size at 53 HD, while a bronze dragon becomes Colossal at 42 HD and Colossal+ at 54 HD.

A larger-sized dragon becomes Colossal+ when it gains four age categories (12 HD) more than it needed to reach the Colossal size. Thus, a silver or red dragon becomes Colossal+ at 52 HD, and a gold dragon becomes Colossal+ at 53 HD.
I think dragonwrought kobolds would fall in the 'smaller-sized' category, probably being born as tiny creatures (but I'm not sure there are rules for kobold children sizes). You'd need to use some really heavy age-cursing to get old enough to become colossal+.

Psyren
2016-05-27, 08:33 AM
how would i get to just Colossal.

1) Find something colossal(+)
2) True Mind Switch
3) ???
4) Profit

Âmesang
2016-05-27, 09:40 AM
Become a deity and pick up the Alter Size ability. It'll allow you to become 1,600 ft. tall. No real change in statistics, but at least you'll be big.

Amdy_vill
2016-05-27, 09:52 AM
1) Find something colossal(+)
2) True Mind Switch
3) ???
4) Profit

can a this build do this http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ultimate_Monk_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)

Rebel7284
2016-05-27, 09:56 AM
The easiest way I know of gaining size is Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale
Racial HD 3/Psychic Warrior 4 with practiced manifester can augment expansion to become Gargantuan a bunch of times per day. Add on those gauntlets that give powerful build and use colossal weapons at level 7. :)

If you want actual colossal size, the Giant Size spell is probablh your best bet and requires caster level 20 to be colossal.

Edit:
To boost your monk, you can do Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale Monk 2/Psychic Warrior X with Talashora (sp?) Feat for getting full monk abilities and still being able to grow when needed. Improved Natural Attack gets you to colossal

Seppo87
2016-05-27, 10:24 AM
Monk stp erudite with tashalatora & kung fu genius, use Giant Size and divine power, iirc you can persist powers at will with infinite pp shenanigans.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-05-27, 10:50 AM
can a this build do this http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Ultimate_Monk_(3.5e_Optimized_Character_Build)
That page contains some builds, but I'm not sure what part you are referring to.

ShurikVch
2016-05-27, 10:50 AM
Which sources allowed?
How cheese-sensitive is the DM?
Because one possible suggestion is to start as some Magical Beast, take Kaiju template, then Petitioner (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineMinions.htm#petitioners) - to shake off all those extra HD, then something to rise your Int above 2

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-27, 11:51 AM
There's a build floating around named Tiny von BigMcLargeHuge (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6428.0) that can approximate this using a regular Races of Destiny Web Enhancement kobold while still remaining very small. You'd need to alter it by taking a flaw and the Human Heritage or Human-Blooded feats, but being massive while remaining minuscule is quite doable.

I believe one of the dragon books mentioned that kobolds have age categories identical to the dragons in the Monster Manual, and so if you get large enough, you might be able to hit Colossal+, especially if you start out with Jotunbrud to count as Large when you were born...

fishyfishyfishy
2016-05-27, 12:59 PM
If you don't actually need to be that big and are after the size increases for damage dice then the spell Greater Mighty Wallop is all you need.

Inevitability
2016-05-27, 03:51 PM
I've seen people argue a dragonwrought kobold should turn colossal+ after getting 12 HD, but I'm fairly sure it doesn't work that way.

There's a build floating around named Tiny von BigMcLargeHuge (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6428.0) that can approximate this using a regular Races of Destiny Web Enhancement kobold while still remaining very small. You'd need to alter it by taking a flaw and the Human Heritage or Human-Blooded feats, but being massive while remaining minuscule is quite doable.

The enhanced kobold is from the Races of the Dragon web enhancement.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-27, 03:52 PM
The enhanced kobold is from the Races of the Dragon web enhancement.And all thanks to Supernatural male enhancement.

Buufreak
2016-05-27, 11:48 PM
And all thanks to Supernatural male enhancement.

Can I Sig?

Kish
2016-05-27, 11:50 PM
(looks at the thread title) Eat more.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-05-28, 04:44 AM
Can I Sig?...Sure. Whitetext