PDA

View Full Version : Deep Stalker/Rogue/Fighter

Scottys72
2016-05-27, 10:42 AM
So I currently have a 5th lvl ranger (deep stalker), 3rd Rogue and soon Ill be a 3rd level fighter.

Here is my question. If I am stealthed and use action surge and shoot at a person, do I get 5 or 6 shots as a deep stalker (in the surprise round/first round)?

Also since I was stealthed and lets assume I surprised them are all shots considered surprise shots (per assassin subclass)? So they would all be at advantage and if I hit would they be critical.

Last question.. I have a beacon bow. Which states if you score a critical hit (roll a 20) the person cant hide. So if I hit with advantage (assassin) and they are considered a critical, is that a 20?

Thanks!

Gtdead
2016-05-28, 10:58 AM
If you action surge on your first turn, you get the extra attack again. So 6.

Now attacking from stealth is tricky the rule says that you give away your position once you attack. I would rule it that all your attacks are considered "from stealth" but it's up to your DM. However, since you are an assassin, you have advantage on all attacks against targets that haven't taken a turn in combat yet.

For attacks to crit, you need to surprise your targets, not just attack from stealth, your DM decides if the targets are surprised. Your crits triggered from assassin's perk should count for the bow's special unless the wording is "on a roll of 20", instead of "on a critical hit".

Critical hit doesn't mean an automatic 20. For example, champion can crit when rolling a 19 (or 18 later)