PDA

View Full Version : Build Review

AKShadow22
2016-05-27, 11:50 PM
So I want to know how this bad boy looks and if any of you can think of how he can be even more terrifying. I'm the DM for this game and any 3.5 book can be used and I'm trying to avoid anything homebrew.

Name: Igor
Race: Goliath
Level: 16- 6 Barbarian/10 Frenzied Berserker
Feats: Power Attack, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, Cleave, Extended Rage, Instantaneous Rage
Ability Scores: Str 26(with Item), Dex 12, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 16
Saving Throws: Fortitude 17, Reflex 6, Will 6
AC 21
HP: 229
Weapons: +2 Large Greataxe Keen and Shocking
Armor: Mithril Breastplate
Items: +5 Ring of Protection, +6 Belt of Giant strength, Ring of Displacement

Divide by Zero
2016-05-28, 12:06 AM
Frenzied Berserker

Will 6

Well, it'll certainly be terrifying to your party members.

Troacctid
2016-05-28, 12:13 AM
Is this an NPC or PC build, and, if NPC, what level is the party? Because that makes a big difference.

AKShadow22
2016-05-28, 01:03 AM
Is this an NPC or PC build, and, if NPC, what level is the party? Because that makes a big difference.

NPC and They'll be 18th lvl. I'm going to throw him at them to break up the monster fights so things wont get too bland

A_S
2016-05-28, 02:20 AM
NPC and They'll be 18th lvl. I'm going to throw him at them to break up the monster fights so things wont get too bland
He'll do a lot of damage if he gets the chance to run up close and start pounding, but if any of them have access to any form of disable that targets Reflex, targets Will, or doesn't require a save (e.g., Bands of Iron, Dominate Person, or Solid Fog), he'll be a pushover.

Are you planning on running him as a solo enemy, or as part of a larger encounter? How big is the party? What kinds of characters are they?

-----

If you want him to be more challenging for the party, I would spend less of his wealth on numbers bonuses (he already hits like a truck, does he really need +6 strength?), and more on shoring up his weaknesses (like getting him Freedom of Movement and some form of protection from mind control). That'll reduce the chances that he just gets CC'ed immediately and it becomes a boring fight.

Venger
2016-05-31, 01:56 AM
Well, it'll certainly be terrifying to your party members.

frenzied berserkers just go yell in a phone booth to expend their daily frenzies. the reason you want this class is the boost to power attack.

if this is an NPC, it would be beneficial to give him some kind of other tactics such as through items. uberchargers function like save or dies against PCs, either they have favorable conditions to charge and obliterate their targets, or you throw marbles on the floor and laugh at them. rewarding fights as a PC lie between these two extremes

noce
2016-05-31, 02:29 AM
You could lower barbarian levels and add stoneblessed(dwarf) and two levels of deepwarden, both from races of stone.
This would get you +2 con and con to AC instead of dex.
To do this you will need endurance, so take steadfast determination too and your will save will be decent.