PDA

View Full Version : Weight for items of unusual size

Ced
2016-05-28, 04:05 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if there are rules which describe how the weight of an item is calculated based on its size. I only found the following rules:
- For weapons of size small or large: divide or multiply the original weight by 2
- For armors: there is a table listing the weight for all sizes, so this is fine
- For standard items: there's no rules for items of size small or large, however, certain items says that the weight is divided/multiplied by 4 in those cases.

What about the "missing" rules? Should I deduce that for all items (except for armors and for exceptions indicated in the item itself) we divide/multiply the weight exponentially: divide by 2 for small, by 4 for tiny, by 8 for diminutive, by 16 for fine and the same for high sizes?

And actually the question also applies to the price of the item (which I guess should be handled in the same way).

Thanks

Jowgen
2016-05-28, 05:42 AM
There is no such rule afaik, but using the x4 is just as good as any.

For pricing, I see no reason to diverge from the regular calculating the price of raw materials by going the gp/lb route way. For manufactured objects, using a flat multiplier is likely not a good idea, since craftsmanship doesn't get priced like that (e.g. masterwork component always costs the same).