PDA

View Full Version : Eerie...

Promakhonas
2007-06-27, 11:20 AM
This story probably makes me a terrible person, but here goes:

So today I'm at the DMV for various paperwork filing and hoop-jumping activities. As I walk through the parking lot, I notice a car with a license plate sticker that says "Fallen Law Enforcement Officer" pulling in. It is being driven by an Asian teenage girl with longish hair. Furthermore, I see as she gets out she's got a shirt of some riding school with a horse on the back. The horse is white with a black mane.

I stop just short of walking up to her and asking the obvious question, but it was on my mind.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-27, 11:22 AM
That is kinda freaky. Does it also help that im a blonde idiot who makes bad puns and sings to myself freaquently? Not to mention I always wear a blue jacket.

basilisk 89
2007-06-27, 11:31 AM
Wow. Freaky.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-27, 11:45 AM
^What he said.

What a weird coincidence...

Uzraid
2007-06-27, 11:57 AM
How would that make you a terrible person?

Albonor
2007-06-27, 12:01 PM
Ooooooook....did you have your lead sheet?

Jawajoey
2007-06-27, 12:08 PM
Hehehe...SMITE BUREAUCRACY!

kialos
2007-06-27, 12:11 PM
It took me a while, but I finally got what that had to do with OOtS. Wow, that was weird.

Promakhonas
2007-06-27, 12:11 PM
How would that make you a terrible person?

Fallen Law Enforcement Officer denotes that it's in memorial of a law enforcement officer who died in the line of duty.

Of course, in D&D, it means something quite different.

Uzraid
2007-06-27, 12:20 PM
Fallen Law Enforcement Officer denotes that it's in memorial of a law enforcement officer who died in the line of duty.

Of course, in D&D, it means something quite different.

Aha. I thought maybe it was ironic, as in, "I was a cop, but then I realized that it's more fun to get high all the time," or something. We don't have those around here, although every fourth car seems to have a sticker on the rear window indicating that it's in memory of some dead person or other. Personally, I hope to have more than a rear windscreen as a memorial, but I guess you take what you can get.

So, yes, you are a terrible person. :smallbiggrin:

U

Icewalker
2007-06-27, 12:40 PM
Wow, that is pretty eerie.

Cool.

RyQ_TMC
2007-06-27, 02:07 PM
Wow, that is pretty eerie.

I second that.

But hey, when you think about it, have you noticed how both Roy and Shaquille O'Neal are tall, black, bald, and can be referred to as "meatshields"?

OK. Your story tops every "OOTS-reality" comparison. Except possibly a purple-haired hermaphrodite trying to unleash powers of the very cosmos itself using a doily. But isn't it that we find those "eerie moments" only because we're looking for them?

I'm da Rogue!
2007-06-27, 02:15 PM
Awww man... :sigh:
Is she still alive???

Promakhonas
2007-06-27, 02:26 PM
Awww man... :sigh:
Is she still alive???

I hope so, considering I saw her about five hours ago.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-06-28, 04:06 AM
I hope so, considering I saw her about five hours ago.

I think I'm gonna cry.
Or throw up.
Or both.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-28, 04:22 AM
:smalleek: oh crap! She lives?! RUUNN!!!

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-28, 04:32 AM

Still, Miko appropriate.

Alfryd
2007-06-28, 04:36 AM
Uncanny indeed. However, Miko is 28.

I stop just short of walking up to her and asking the obvious question, but it was on my mind.
Was she hot?

Freelance Henchman
2007-06-28, 04:45 AM
A Miko Sighting!!! I saw her image once on a piece of burnt toast!

teratorn
2007-06-28, 05:21 AM
Ahhhh Nooooo. Miko threads had fallen from the front page! Can't we just let her rest in peace for some time?

A Miko Sighting!!! I saw her image once on a piece of burnt toast!

How dare you mock my religion? St. Miko of Azure does not appear in burnt toast! Only the wicked indulge in such luxury. On rock pillows and grilled lichen maybe...

Snake-Aes
2007-06-28, 06:49 AM
I second that.

But hey, when you think about it, have you noticed how both Roy and Shaquille O'Neal are tall, black, bald, and can be referred to as "meatshields"?

OK. Your story tops every "OOTS-reality" comparison. Except possibly a purple-haired hermaphrodite trying to unleash powers of the very cosmos itself using a doily. But isn't it that we find those "eerie moments" only because we're looking for them?

This one, if happened exactly like he said, isn't by any meaning a stretch, it's the kind of real coincidence..... EEEEEEERIE!

Emperor Ing
2007-06-28, 06:58 AM
Hmmm...seems TOO much of a coincidence doncha think? :smallconfused:

Lavidor
2007-06-28, 07:02 AM
Did you see any stichtes around her middle?:smallbiggrin:

Miraqariftsky
2007-06-28, 07:27 AM
This story probably makes me a terrible person, but here goes:

So today I'm at the DMV for various paperwork filing and hoop-jumping activities. As I walk through the parking lot, I notice a car with a license plate sticker that says "Fallen Law Enforcement Officer" pulling in. It is being driven by an Asian teenage girl with longish hair. Furthermore, I see as she gets out she's got a shirt of some riding school with a horse on the back. The horse is white with a black mane.

Darn bloody blasted incredible!

Maybe she "Fell" because she took up vigilantism against "corrupt" political officials or "corrupt" superior officers...

I just deleted part of my own post. It got too Political for the Forum, methinks.

Oh well...

Caractacus
2007-06-28, 07:55 AM
No, it's quite clear - Miko has been sent by the gods to the Prime Material again, but just a different world... :smallsmile:

She'll work for atonement here and then, one day, be returned to the Stickworld... :smallbiggrin:

Snake-Aes
2007-06-28, 08:04 AM
If that's the case I don't want to see how she thinks she'll atone... <shiver>

kirbsys
2007-06-28, 09:23 AM
Whats funny is that we're having this entire conversation about some girl that you saw, that probably has no idea that we're talking about her, and eve if she did probably wouldnt understand why.

BardicLasher
2007-06-28, 09:25 AM
I think the important question here is... was she hot?

Snake-Aes
2007-06-28, 09:27 AM
<bows to BardicLasher for his amazing wisdom>

She has to be hot or I reject the comparision.

Elfanatic
2007-06-28, 10:33 AM
If that's the case I don't want to see how she thinks she'll atone... <shiver>

Hopefully she will have learned something from her talk with Soon, and have weekly sessions with a psychatrist.

Probably she will take over a military station containing nuclear missiles and bomb Africa.

Miraqariftsky
2007-06-28, 10:43 AM
Why in blazes Africa?

Freelance Henchman
2007-06-28, 10:48 AM
Why in blazes Africa?

'Cause *IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER*. I.e. it's the obvious course of action for Miko.

Bless her.

Promakhonas
2007-06-28, 01:04 PM
Whats funny is that we're having this entire conversation about some girl that you saw, that probably has no idea that we're talking about her, and eve if she did probably wouldnt understand why.

Pretty much, yeah.

Luklan
2007-06-28, 01:40 PM
She has to be hot or I reject the comparision.

I still don't get how anyone thought Miko was hot. Someone's standards are set to 'non-existent' maybe.

Hey, was she heading over to talk to a bald, black guy wearing big brown boots and a navy blue shirt? :smallamused:

Angela Christine
2007-06-28, 01:51 PM
OMG, does this mean that we are living in the OOTS afterlife? If so, is this "heaven" "hell" or "purgatory"?

I hope that Windstriker doesn't get spooked by all the cars when he comes to visit.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-06-28, 01:57 PM
So it's true. This world really is another world's hell!