PDA

View Full Version : curious question about an AOO build of mine

Nosta
2016-05-29, 01:37 AM
so I can make a bunch of AOO each rund have a reach weapon have short half as a feat
and have a wand chamber in the spear.

my question is what wand would be best to complement my A00 build?

Necroticplague
2016-05-29, 10:14 AM
1: you might get more responses if your posts are easier to parse. Your OP isn't so much a few sentences as it is a word salad.
2: Short Haft takes up a feat, has a different crap feat as a prerequisite, and only lets you change the reach on your own turn. You'd be much better off swapping Short Haft for Weapon Profeciency (Spiked Chain).
3: A short dip into Wolf Totem Barbarian in order to qualify for Knock-down would be useful. That way when you AoO someone when they're moving, you knock them prone and stop there movement (while also leaving you at +4 attack for your follow-up-attack).

ZeroiaSD
2016-05-29, 01:18 PM
2: Short Haft takes up a feat, has a different crap feat as a prerequisite, and only lets you change the reach on your own turn. You'd be much better off swapping Short Haft for Weapon Profeciency (Spiked Chain).

Alternatively, if you have a race with a natural no-reach weapon, you could use that to cover close-in, right?

Divide by Zero
2016-05-29, 02:09 PM
Alternatively, if you have a race with a natural no-reach weapon, you could use that to cover close-in, right?

Or use the classic armor spikes.

As for wands, it's hard to go wrong with wraithstrike.