PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5e] CA Making a ninja out of a swordsage [Build help]

evnaz
2016-05-29, 07:26 AM
Basically I wanted to make a ninja from the CW that was before I saw how terrible they actually were compared to the sword sage,
I'm still fairly new so the ToMB is still fair confusing to me I don't think I've made the best choices and not sure if I'll be able too without some guidance
Tyvm a head of time boys

*build in progress*
Swordsage Unarmed variant
Favored school shadow hand

Ryuji
Twin shortswords "wakizashi"

Stances
Child of Shadow
Assassin's Stance
Dance of the Spider
Balance on the Sky

Manouvers
Tiger Claw:
Sudden Leap lv 1
Dancing Mongoose lv 5
Raging Mongoose lv 8
Shadow hand:
Shadow Blade Technique lv 1
Cloak of Deception lv 2
Shadow Blink lv 7
Five Shadow Creeping Ice Enervation Strike lv 9
Diamond mind:
Emerald Razor lv 2

Feats: Weapon Finesse, Shadow Blade, Darkstalker, two weapon fighting, greater two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting,

12 18 12 10 14 8

Seppo87
2016-05-29, 08:06 AM
Take only the first of the twf chain and use gloves of the balanced hand.
You lose one attack at -15 but you save 2 feats that you can employ in much better ways.

How do you feel about multiclass and dipping?
This kind of build can be improved vastly with a couple levels in the right classes

evnaz
2016-05-29, 08:12 AM
Totally fine with some dips but, I want the build to stay fairly thematic

Seppo87
2016-05-29, 08:29 AM
Check the following:

-Hit and run tactics 2 (fighter acf, DotU)
-Rogue (more sneak attack, variants everywhere for dealing SA damage to immune enemies, and qualification to ALL sneak attack related feats by virtue of having the "sneak attack class feature" that is not granted via assassin stance. There are some sick feats for sneak attackers out there)

you might also like the following prcs:

-Telflammar Shadowlord (UE)
Shadow themed assassin based on teleportation full attacks, fully compatible with shadow hand maneuvers

Or for a more classic ninjaesque type

-Avenging Executioner
Intimidation based. Sudden strike inflicts fear, afraid enemies become vulnerable to sudden strike. Very fun to play

I'm being thematic with "ninja" in general here not specifically swordsage.
If you don't care that much, swashbuckler 1 and ferocity barbarian are great dips too

evnaz
2016-05-29, 08:38 AM
Check the following:

-Hit and run tactics 2 (fighter acf, DotU)
-Rogue (more sneak attack, variants everywhere for dealing SA damage to immune enemies, and qualification to ALL sneak attack related feats by virtue of having the "sneak attack class feature" that is not granted via assassin stance. There are some sick feats for sneak attackers out there)

you might also like the following prcs:

-Telflammar Shadowlord (UE)
Shadow themed assassin based on teleportation full attacks, fully compatible with shadow hand maneuvers

Or for a more classic ninjaesque type

-Avenging Executioner
Intimidation based. Sudden strike inflicts fear, afraid enemies become vulnerable to sudden strike. Very fun to play

I'm being thematic with "ninja" in general here not specifically swordsage.
If you don't care that much, swashbuckler 1 and ferocity barbarian are great dips too

I actually think going Rogue 4 SS 16 and then go with craven as a feat