PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Fighter X duskblade Gestalt AOO specailisted level 12 build

Nosta
2016-05-29, 06:24 PM
So I need help polishing up my new pc
I really need help with feats
My stats are as follows.

Str 16 plus a +6 str boosting item + A Boon item that gives +4 to str total 26
Dex 20 plus a + A boon item that gives +4 to Dex total 24
Con 16 Plus a + A boon that gives +4 to con total 20
Int 14
Wis 8
Cha 20

Feats
being used

Human paragon stuff

Bonus feat: Exotic weapons training: great-spear

Fighter stuff

1st level feat: Combat Reflexes
2nd level feat short half
4th level feat : Iron will
6th level feat: weapon focus great spear
8th level feat Spear dancer http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/spear-dancer
10th level feat Devoted spirit move
12th level feat: Robilar's Gambit

Feats by race
Feat at first
Feat at third level: lighting reflexes
feat at Sixth level Combat Expertise.
feat at 8th level improved trip
feat at 10th
feat at 12 level (devoted spirit dance thicket of blades)

the feats left blank are cause i'm unsure what one to take.

Troacctid
2016-05-29, 06:48 PM
There's not much point gestalting with fighter when you already have full BAB. It would make much more sense to use rogue—not only do you get the same bonus feat progression and BAB, but you also get better saves, better skills, and actual good abilities like evasion.

Divide by Zero
2016-05-29, 06:58 PM
Trade out the greatspear for a spiked chain and you can save a feat at the cost of 2 damage on average (get Power Attack instead and you'll easily make that up). Spear Dancer also seems really lackluster compared to a lot of the other feats you could be getting to improve your AoOs or other combat options. I'm not sure why Iron Will and Lightning Reflexes are even there, but if you have some reason I'm not seeing, at least get the former from an Otyugh Hole.

And why is your Charisma so high?

A_S
2016-05-29, 06:59 PM
I think Fighter's fine here. The mass-AoO area lockdown thing is very feat-intenstive. *edit* Missed that you meant feat rogue.

-----

@OP, you appear to be using a mix of 3.5 and PF stuff. What rules are in place for which bits of each ruleset to use?

If you can use the 3.5 version, you should definitely work Arcane Strike into the build. By my read of its wording, if you use it to buff your attacks during your own turn, its bonuses also apply to any AoO's you make on your opponents' subsequent turns (until the beginning of your next turn). Duskblades get a bajillion spell slots.

What are you doing with Iron Will? Is it a prerequisite for something? If not, I'd dump it, and shore up your Will save with something like a Novice Ring of Diamond Mind for the Mind Over Body maneuver.

meemaas
2016-05-29, 07:02 PM
I think Fighter's fine here. The mass-AoO area lockdown thing is very feat-intenstive.

-----

@OP, you appear to be using a mix of 3.5 and PF stuff. What rules are in place for which bits of each ruleset to use?

If you can use the 3.5 version, you should definitely work Arcane Strike into the build. By my read of its wording, if you use it to buff your attacks during your own turn, its bonuses also apply to any AoO's you make on your opponents' subsequent turns (until the beginning of your next turn). Duskblades get a bajillion spell slots.

What are you doing with Iron Will? Is it a prerequisite for something? If not, I'd dump it, and shore up your Will save with something like a Novice Ring of Diamond Mind for the Mind Over Body maneuver.

Troacctid was referring to the Feat Rogue variant. Swaps sneak attack for feats like a fighter, which is distinctly better than 3.5 fighter if you're Gestalting with a full BAB class.

Divide by Zero
2016-05-29, 07:12 PM
As for feats you can take...

Power Attack
Mage Slayer+Practiced Spellcaster (you can also take the other feats in the Mage Slayer chain, but there's no easy way to make up the CL loss on those)
Stand Still
Knockdown
Deformity (Tall)/Inhuman Reach

Also, I'd suggest trading out some of your Fighter levels for Crusader levels. You'll make up the bonus feats you lose by not having to take Martial Study/Stance, plus you'll get lots of other goodies out of it.

DarkSoul
2016-05-29, 10:11 PM
What about Feat Rogue 12//Duskblade 7/Abjurant Champion 5? I don't know how important using a heavy shield or the extra point of spell penetration from Duskblade 11 is to you. Sudden Quicken one more time per day is nice, but as a Duskblade not so much, in my opinion.

Seppo87
2016-05-30, 06:19 AM
I will go as far as to suggest Monk2 in the martial rogue side.
Big boost to saves, iUS+2 feats of choice (use variants) choice between invisible fist, spell reflection or evasion, choice between flurry, decisive strike, rage - no bab loss thanks to gestalt, might add INT to ac with the right feat.