PDA

View Full Version : Buying my pc weapon

Nosta
2016-05-29, 08:55 PM
so I am a fan of the great spear weapon (my gm is allowing it to be used with out Exotic weapon feats )
I have 60000 GP to spend on the weapon alone.

The campaign consist of both monsters and Npc that use player classes
I'D like the spear to have a high damage out put.

Necroticplague
2016-05-29, 09:33 PM
60000 is enough for a +5 weapon, with 10000 worth of wiggle room left over.

Damage is gonna be based more off your build than anything intrinsic to the weapon itself. So telling us how you intend to use it, so that we know what kind of enchants work for it, would be a nice start.

Just for a basic one, +5 Baatorian Green Steel Oerthblood Gloryborn Greatspear with an Oil Chamber, Wand Chamber, and Triple Weapon Capsule Retainer. Optimizing this more would come from changing what +4 of +5 are. You might more oomph out of Earthbound Marrowcrushing instead.

Azoth
2016-05-29, 09:41 PM
I am a fan of wounding (+2) or greater wounding (+4). Gotta love Con damage on every hit.

Warning and Eager are both classic initiative enhancers.

Viscious is great if you are a massochist.

Gildedragon
2016-05-29, 10:00 PM
Spear:
Hellforged (1500) or Gloryborn (600)
Razor Sharp (+1 dmg 1000gp) serrated (+1 dmg for some rounds)
Of legend (+5 to attack instead of masterwork's +1; 1500 gp instead of 300)

Material: Oerthblood (+6000gp) Adamantine-Copper alloy (dragon annual 5) (+1 damage, +1500gp iirc)

LTwerewolf
2016-05-29, 10:42 PM
You can cost reduce it and make it so basically only you can use it by putting requirements on it, letting you get more bang for your buck.

Andezzar
2016-05-30, 12:07 AM
You can cost reduce it and make it so basically only you can use it by putting requirements on it, letting you get more bang for your buck.Most DMs are not very fond of that rule, when used by PCs.

Where can I find oerthblood, greater wounding and baatorian green steel?

LTwerewolf
2016-05-30, 12:35 AM
Most DMs are not very fond of that rule, when used by PCs.

The way we play if the dm can do it, players can too.

Troacctid
2016-05-30, 01:19 AM

Baatorian green steel is from Fiendish Codex II, in the sidebar on page 99. I don't know about the others.

Pathfinder has better rules (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/cursed-items) for items with drawbacks IMO. Their system may be more palatable to a DM.

Gildedragon
2016-05-30, 08:02 AM

Oerthblood is from dragon 351

Forrestfire
2016-05-30, 08:05 AM
I'm a big fan of wrathful healing, from Enemies and Allies. It's a +3 weapon enhancement for melee weapons that heals you for half the damage you deal.

Azoth
2016-05-30, 08:34 AM
Greater Wounding is from a 3.5 update booklet for a 3.0 book. I can not remember the book it was an update for unfortunately. I think it was for MM2.

I will dig around and try to find it.

I do know Weakening is in Shining South and is 1 point of Strength damage per hit. Not quite as mean, but still brutal to enemy melee types.