PDA

View Full Version : Doctor who quiz!

onasuma
2007-06-27, 01:47 PM
As per oots and futurama quiz except a few rules added, which may be changed by popular demand later.
1) Christopher eccelston onwards only please. This may include torchwood but not Sahra Jane adventures (to childish in my opinion for most of this forums users).
2) No books radio etc.
3) Dont make it madly impossible (where did the doctor, jack and rose all blink at the same time) hard but not impossible
4) only do questions you know the answer to.

Ok question 1
What objects were on either side of the fireplace, in girl in the fireplace?

(not to hard then)

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-27, 02:32 PM
I'm gonna throw a guess (from the one or two times I saw that episode) A broken Clock

Which episode of Dr. Who had the shortest preview of all of the episodes ever? (Another easy one)

Wolfman42666
2007-06-27, 02:34 PM
As per oots and futurama quiz except a few rules added, which may be changed by popular demand later.
1) Christopher eccelston onwards only please. This may include torchwood but not Sahra Jane adventures (to childish in my opinion for most of this forums users).
2) No books radio etc.
3) Dont make it madly impossible (where did the doctor, jack and rose all blink at the same time) hard but not impossible
4) only do questions you know the answer to.

Ok question 1
What objects were on either side of the fireplace, in girl in the fireplace?

(not to hard then)

Not to hard? not to hard!? i haven't got a clue, if I had a dvd of Doctor who i might know, if you'd put something like, "what age did the clockwork men, in the girl in the fireplace, want her to be? i might know, maybe how did the child with a gas mask pass on his afflication? or whose fault was the child with a gasmask?

..sorry, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, i.e. the wall.

onasuma
2007-06-27, 02:35 PM
All you have to do is think! Its candels. They show up so often throughout that episode its simple. What else would be on either side of a fireplace in that age anyway? questions you gave examples of are obvious. This is ment to be a bit of a challenge

Apelords question still stands.

Dihan
2007-06-27, 02:37 PM
@Apelord: That would be Blink, correct?

EDIT: Just noticed that my avatar is also Blink...

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-27, 02:39 PM
All you have to do is think! Its candles.
Apelords question still stands.

(Actually I think that the clock is right, cus the doctor was all ' Yo, why be tha clock tickin boi?')

EDIT And yes that would be right. Question anyone?

onasuma
2007-06-27, 02:41 PM
((The clock was on the mantel, candels on the wall to the side))

Edit: ok, what food is unique to the human race

CaptainSam
2007-06-27, 04:53 PM
((The clock was on the mantel, candels on the wall to the side))

Edit: ok, what food is unique to the human race

Technically, the candles were on the mantlepiece, not next to the fireplace. Picky, I know.

Easy-peasy: Jelly Babies. Oh, and those small, silver balls that you can decorate cakes with.

What was the Doctor's explanation for his accent in "Rose"? This is also an easy one.

TheRabidWalnut
2007-06-27, 06:23 PM
"Lots of planets have a North"

What did Queen Victoria declare the doctor to be?

onasuma
2007-06-28, 12:58 AM
Sir doctor of tardis

what episode does the doctor admit to being a father in?

Hermit
2007-06-28, 04:48 AM
Sir doctor of tardis

what episode does the doctor admit to being a father in?

Fear Her was the episode he specifically mentioned it I think, though I have a feeling his conversation with the other doctor in The Empty Child suggested it (Since any reference to his granddaughter also suggests he was a father :p)

Why did the Cybermen not fly into the centre of the Canary Wharf Rift as the Daleks did at the end of Doomsday?

Castaras
2007-06-28, 07:32 AM
1) Christopher eccelston onwards only please.

Aww...there goes my involvement. :smallwink:

Yeah, I'd have rather done early ones with questions, but meh. *shrugs*

Just ignore this post.

onasuma
2007-06-28, 09:53 AM
As i said, rules subject to change. If enough people are clear enough with older seiries then sure ill change the rule. Im just trying to make sure everyone can try it.

Crow T. Robot
2007-07-02, 07:13 PM
Why did the Cybermen not fly into the centre of the Canary Wharf Rift as the Daleks did at the end of Doomsday?

Because they were pulled into the smaller fissures that they were closer to. I suspect the real answer is more along the lines of budget restraints or problems with generating it all.

From the Face of Boe's perspective, in what time period did he first meet the Doctor?

I admit, this one is kind of cruel to anyone without a magic box that draws shows from the interweb. Whit that in mind, feel free to be a bit enigmatic with the answer.

Calamity
2007-07-03, 09:57 AM
I do believe that would be during 1942, as Captain Jack Harkness.

From Martha's perspective, where did she first meet the Face of Boe?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-06, 12:06 PM
New New York, in Gridlock. And then he died.
In 'Aliens of London', what was the name of the woman in the labcoat examining the pig?

CaptainSam
2007-07-06, 12:19 PM
...what was the name of the woman in the labcoat examining the pig?

Dr. Sato, also know as "Tosh" of Torchwood fame.

Who is the Master watching? And how does it tie into a previous incarnation?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-06, 12:23 PM
Who is the Master watching? And how does it tie into a previous incarnation?

Teletubbies and a previous Master watched children's TV programmes (I haven't seen the classic series, so...)

CaptainSam
2007-07-06, 12:29 PM
He did indeed. A previous Master tried to learn the language of The Clangers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clangers), convinced they were real.

Your question V_P.

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-06, 12:32 PM
Hmm...well, currently stuck for questions, so a nice easy one. What colour was Mickey's car in 'Rose'. *Is annoyed and starts trailing her website for better ones*

wyliej
2007-07-20, 05:11 AM
it was yellow!!!

What band is Elton Pope obsessed with (i want the full name, not abbreviation)?

Avaris
2007-07-20, 05:43 AM
ELO, aka Electric Light Orchestra

What does TARDIS stand for?

CaptainSam
2007-07-20, 05:49 AM
What does TARDIS stand for?

Too easy; Time And Relative Dimensions In Space

What was the name of Sir Derek Jacobi's character in "Utopia"?

Avaris
2007-07-20, 05:52 AM
Professor Yana (you are not alone)

On a similar note, where was Yana found/from?

CaptainSam
2007-07-20, 06:09 AM
On a similar note, where was Yana found/from?

Took a bit of digging and remembering, but;

The Silver Devastation, where he was found as an orphan.

What else is notable about The Silver Devastation?

Avaris
2007-07-20, 06:53 AM
It is where the Face of Boe (in theory) comes from

What is the name normally used by The Doctor when he needs one?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-20, 06:58 AM
John Smith

What was the name of the main MP which (in the sound of Drums) The master was talking to in the cabinet.

(his first line was:Very funny, sir. But if we could get down to business, there is the matter of policy, of which we have very little. )

factotum
2007-07-20, 07:06 AM
Albert Dumfries.

What year did Jack Harkness arrive on Earth in after escaping the space station where Rose resurrected him?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-20, 07:15 AM
Albert Dumfries.

What year did Jack Harkness arrive on Earth in after escaping the space station where Rose resurrected him?

In 'Utopia' what were the two things the Doctor mentioned humans evolving into before reverting back to the same basic shape?

Mc. Lovin'
2007-07-20, 02:11 PM
One of them was a cloud of gas ...

Avaris
2007-07-20, 03:52 PM

Thats what I was going to say... ain't got a clue on the other.

CaptainSam
2007-07-21, 01:20 PM
Hah, found it! The Futurekind were also said to be the human race after changing form several times before reverting to their original shape.

Here's another easy one;

Why is the TARDIS always a blue police box?

Avaris
2007-07-21, 04:02 PM
Its chameleon circuit thing is broken... most Tardises are supposed to morph to fit the surroundings.

Who is responsible for the current set of cybermen?

CaptainSam
2007-07-21, 04:41 PM
Its chameleon circuit thing is broken... most Tardises are supposed to morph to fit the surroundings.

Who is responsible for the current set of cybermen?

Tom Baker's Doctor fixed the chameleon circuit, but it broke again.

Stoopid me! Forgot to put the answer in. The current cybermen were created by Trigger from Only Fools And Horses. Also known as John Lumic.

Okay, this is a really tricky one;

In "Fathers Day", who is playing on the radio in Pete Tyler's car, and who does it turn into?

Greebo
2007-07-21, 08:36 PM
Tom Baker's Doctor fixed the chameleon circuit, but it broke again.

No, he tried to fix it, he never succeeded.

And you didn't answer the Cyberman Question.

Humans are from a parallel universe - namely the actor who played Barty Crouch (Sr) and also was in that british sitcom about the lady pastor starring Dawn French...

On this dimension, or in this universe, whatever, Torchwood is responsible for bringing them over.

I'll leave the father's day question stand...cause I haven't got a clue. :)

Tam_OConnor
2007-07-21, 11:49 PM
It turns into Alexander G. Bell saying "Watson, come here; I need you." from...some non-distinct 80's rock? Half of the question, at least.

CaptainSam
2007-07-22, 05:11 AM
It turns into Alexander G. Bell saying "Watson, come here; I need you." from...some non-distinct 80's rock? Half of the question, at least.

You almost got the 80's thing right, but it wasn't the telephone message.

Caelestion
2007-07-22, 06:05 AM
Humans are from a parallel universe - namely the actor who played Barty Crouch (Sr) and also was in that british sitcom about the lady pastor starring Dawn French...
You mean Roger Lloyd-Pack, also notable for many other things other than The Vicar of Dibley, Harry Potter and Doctor Who! :)

Greebo
2007-07-22, 07:48 AM
You mean Roger Lloyd-Pack, also notable for many other things other than The Vicar of Dibley, Harry Potter and Doctor Who! :)

Yes, thanks! I'm horrible with names. :)

Tam_OConnor
2007-07-22, 07:38 PM
I got bugged enough about this that I checked up wikipedia. And I quote,

"Rose is puzzled when anachronistic hip-hop music from The Streets starts playing over the car radio, and her mobile phone voice mail is filled with copies of the same message, "Watson, come here, I need you," the very first thing said over a telephone by Alexander Graham Bell."

Should this be the right answer, I present a new question: In "The Doctor Dances," the Doctor mentions having destroyed a place in the 51st century. What did he destroy, and what did he replace it with?

bugsysservant
2007-07-22, 10:40 PM
I got bugged enough about this that I checked up wikipedia. And I quote,

"Rose is puzzled when anachronistic hip-hop music from The Streets starts playing over the car radio, and her mobile phone voice mail is filled with copies of the same message, "Watson, come here, I need you," the very first thing said over a telephone by Alexander Graham Bell."

Should this be the right answer, I present a new question: In "The Doctor Dances," the Doctor mentions having destroyed a place in the 51st century. What did he destroy, and what did he replace it with?

I don't suppose it was the sonic ray-gun whossname factory?

If so...umm...hmmm...What was the name of Jackie's dog on the parralell earth they visit in "rise of the cybermen". Very easy, but I'm getting tired.

Edit:gahh, missed the second part of the question, and I don't know it. Well, disregard mine then.

CaptainSam
2007-07-23, 04:35 AM
"Rose is puzzled when anachronistic hip-hop music from The Streets starts playing over the car radio...

Alright, I'll let you have that one as you have to be born before the eighties to recognise Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up".

Overlard
2007-07-23, 05:10 AM
I don't suppose it was the sonic ray-gun whossname factory?
I think it was an armament factory, and was replaced with a banana grove.

If so...umm...hmmm...What was the name of Jackie's dog on the parralell earth they visit in "rise of the cybermen". Very easy, but I'm getting tired.
Rose.

Where did the fourth Doctor leave Sarah Jane Smith when she finished her travels in the TARDIS? (And yes, this is from the new series...)

TheRabidWalnut
2007-07-23, 06:29 AM
It was supposed to be Croyden, but was actually Aberdeen.

How much money does Torchwood have?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-23, 06:35 AM

Yep! But what was the other one? dun dun durr

Overlard
2007-07-24, 05:13 AM
Yep! But what was the other one? dun dun durr
Was it an energy being or something?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-07-24, 05:36 AM
Nope! This has to be at least ten characters

wyliej
2007-07-26, 05:22 AM
(Qoute of a doctor who site):::humans have evolved through sentient gas clouds, downloads, and other forms before returning to humanoid bodies

what were the krillatines seeking to unravel in order to control of all creation?

Evil DM Mark3
2007-07-26, 07:22 AM
The scasius (spelling, sorry) paradim.

What does Charles Dickens exclaim that is a play on a use of his own name?

wyliej
2007-07-26, 09:05 AM
dont know the answer sorry, but its the Skasas Paradigm

Evil DM Mark3
2007-07-26, 09:13 AM
I am dislexic, doubly so for made up words like Skasas.

wyliej
2007-07-30, 05:06 AM
How much money does Torchwood have?

u no, V_P kinda overtook this Q ever being answered. i dont no the answer, but thought i should re-eluminate it for you all!! :smallbiggrin:

TheRabidWalnut
2007-08-01, 04:45 AM
How much money does Torchwood have? "Enough".

I would have thought this was an easy one. Question is open for the snag

wyliej
2007-09-19, 12:37 PM
What does Cassandra mistakenly call a jukebox in "The End of the World"?

DeathQuaker
2007-09-19, 03:00 PM
BTW, I'd also be up for a "Classic Who" quiz, though maybe it could be a separate thread. I could totally prove how nerdy I am in that.

Because they were pulled into the smaller fissures that they were closer to. I suspect the real answer is more along the lines of budget restraints or problems with generating it all.

There's also a matter that some Cybermen never went through the rift... some of them remained if they had been converted from parts found in the existing universe, and therefore had no "void stuff" on them (c.f. "Cyberwoman").

What does Charles Dickens exclaim that is a play on a use of his own name?

"What in Shakespeare is going on?" (As opposed to "What the Dickens...")

An I-pod.

What is the name of the race that created the nanites seen in "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances"?

Kosmopolite
2007-09-19, 03:11 PM
Chula.

What author does the Tenth Doctor say he's always wanted to meet in "The Last of the Time Lords"?

Also, I don't see why they're seperate. Tennant is the Tenth Doctor after all. Not the second.

DeathQuaker
2007-09-19, 08:59 PM
Also, I don't see why they're seperate. Tennant is the Tenth Doctor after all. Not the second.

I think it's more a matter of accessibility... a lot of posters here are either too young or in the wrong geographic location (or don't have the right cable subscription) to have had easy access to anything other than "New Who."

No one implies that they're two different universes... it's just a matter of how many people are going to be familiar with what. They may be the same universe, but apart from the 1996 movie, which was a single event, there's a 15+ year gap between seasons... that's long enough to denote a separation between versions of the show in terms of familiarity.

Greebo
2007-09-20, 08:25 AM
BTW, I'd also be up for a "Classic Who" quiz, though maybe it could be a separate thread. I could totally prove how nerdy I am in that.

There's also a matter that some Cybermen never went through the rift... some of them remained if they had been converted from parts found in the existing universe, and therefore had no "void stuff" on them (c.f. "Cyberwoman").

"What in Shakespeare is going on?" (As opposed to "What the Dickens...")

An I-pod.

What is the name of the race that created the nanites seen in "The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances"?

The Chula or Tula, maybe. Same race that made Cpt. Jack's ship (destroyed).

Greebo
2007-09-20, 08:26 AM
I think that's backward.

I thought that she rolled out a jukebox and calls it an IPod.

Vampire_Pirate
2007-09-20, 12:41 PM
I think that's backward.

I thought that she rolled out a jukebox and calls it an IPod.

she does. Silly Wylie.

thorgrim29
2007-09-20, 01:11 PM
Seems there are no questions standing.... so i have a few of my own:

1: What alien artifacts did the Torchwood employees bring home in one of the first episodes?

2: easy one: what are the dalek outer shells made of?

3: what drink did the doctor invent?

4: Name a few of Captain Jack's most notable accomplisments

5: What is the final emergency protocol on Jack's ship?

6: What do Martha, Jack and Chantho have in common?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-09-20, 01:19 PM
1: What alien artifacts did the Torchwood employees bring home in one of the first episodes?
Owen-Perfumey thing that makes everybody want to 'have' him
2: easy one: what are the dalek outer shells made of?
Dalekanium
3: what drink did the doctor invent?
Banana Daquari?
5: What is the final emergency protocol on Jack's ship?
COCKTAIL!

DeathQuaker
2007-09-20, 01:53 PM
Vampire Hermes question is still unanswered (c'mon people, read a little more carefully!):

What author does the Tenth Doctor say he's always wanted to meet in "The Last of the Time Lords"?

thorgrim29
2007-09-20, 02:08 PM
man.... good question, I watched that one today and I cant answer..... wild guess, Lovecraft?

Vampire_Pirate
2007-09-21, 03:09 PM
Vampire Hermes question is still unanswered (c'mon people, read a little more carefully!):

Agatha Christie.And they will!

Glawackus
2007-09-30, 06:41 AM
Thor's questions:

4: I know that one of them is that he was pregnant at some point.

6: Hm. They're all companions to Time Lords? They all appear in "Utopia"?

Also, there's a Doctor Who d20 Modern PBP game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58366) starting up if anyone's interested. :smallcool:

Thamir
2007-10-04, 07:53 PM
Ok I'll put some more up and hopefully you give me some.

7.In what episode (an old one) did the master's tardis appear as a grandfather clock?

8.Easy one, how did Rose's father die?

9.And what was the significance of the day he died?

10.How many times should captain Jack have died in Utopia?

11.In Gridlock how many years has it been since the release of the emotion patch which killed everybody except those on the lower layers?

12.How many memebers of the Family of Blood are there?

13.Which actor play the 8th Doctor?

pondshadow
2007-10-31, 06:14 AM
7. invasion of the autons
8. car crash
9. it was the day he got married
10. 3 i think
11. 8 i belive
12. 4
13. Paul McGann

factotum
2007-10-31, 09:19 AM
7. Nope, it was the Keeper of Traaken, when the Master took over the body of Nyssa's father.

8. You got that one right...

9. ...but not this one; it was somebody ELSE's wedding day. I have to say I can't remember why the day had any especial significance, unless that was it.

10. No idea.

11. 20 years, as I recall.

12. Four is correct: father, mother, son, and daughter.

13. Yep, Paul McGann.

Here's my question: what is the in-story reason for the Torchwood Institute being so named? (We know it's an anagram of "Doctor Who", but that isn't why it got named that in the story).

Glawackus
2007-10-31, 11:52 AM
It's named after Torchwood House, where the Doctor and Rose had a run-in with Queen Victoria and a werewolf in "Tooth and Claw". Victoria set up Torchwood Institute so that England would always have a resource for dealing with alien threats like the first enemy they wrote into their charter, "Sir Doctor of TARDIS" :smalltongue:

The Doctor makes a reference to another British science fiction work in the recent series. Who does he imply that he's met?

Dihan
2007-10-31, 11:56 AM
That would be Arthur Dent from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Open Question.

turkishproverb
2007-10-31, 06:24 PM
Open Question.

What is the piece of Coral on Jack's desk in Torchwood?

Dihan
2007-10-31, 06:25 PM
It's TARDIS Coral.

Open question.

turkishproverb
2007-10-31, 06:29 PM
It's TARDIS Coral.

Open question.

After joking that its like the doctor think's he's father christmas, he asks how do you know I am not.

What does he mention that suprises his companion?

pondshadow
2007-11-04, 08:00 PM
One thing is that he lets Mickey Smith travel with them. Also, he mentions that Paupa New Guinea suprised everyone in the shotput in the 2012 olympics.And, Martha Jones is suprised that he grew another hand. There are countless others.
Easy one: What do the Logopitolians do. (I want the equation)

turkishproverb
2007-11-04, 11:38 PM
One thing is that he lets Mickey Smith travel with them. Also, he mentions that Paupa New Guinea suprised everyone in the shotput in the 2012 olympics.And, Martha Jones is suprised that he grew another hand. There are countless others.
Easy one: What do the Logopitolians do. (I want the equation)

I meant specifically what did he say that surprised her in relation to her father christmas comment

pondshadow
2007-11-05, 07:00 AM
I meant specifically what did he say that surprised her in relation to her father christmas comment

oh, sorry, I didn't see that, does my question still siand?

turkishproverb
2007-11-05, 12:08 PM
oh, sorry, I didn't see that, does my question still siand?

sure, but if anyone can aswer mine, they get a gold piece! :smallbiggrin:

Mc. Lovin'
2007-11-05, 12:25 PM
sure, but if anyone can aswer mine, they get a gold piece! :smallbiggrin:

He says that she got a Red bycycle at the age of 7 from father christmas. And ... uh, open question. Or that other guys question