PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Ya Olde Brew Shoppe: 'Brew made while you wait! [Request a 'Brew]

ImSAMazing
2016-05-30, 06:20 AM
So Playgrounders,

I have decided that I wanted to homebrew more. One problem: I can't think of any homebrew that I could make.
But, that problem will (I hope) be solved: you can post a reply in this thread, and I will do my best to homebrew it as balanced as possible(ABAP :smalltongue:) and as soon as possible.

Categories I will homebrew:

Classes
Subclasses
Feats
Backgrounds
Races
Subraces
Spells
Maybe weapons. Not sure though.

Also, if your suggestion comes from an older edition, and if the source isn't copyrighted and therefore isn't violating the Forum Rules, please link me to it, so I can read about it incase I don't know it's abilities already.

PS:
Please know that I have played 5e for 2 years now, and that I have done some homebrew before. Please don't take my homebrew for completely balanced. Actually, I would like everyone that has time and wants to help me give me feedback about the homebrew.

PPS:
Ofcourse other people may use this as well, we could potentially turn this into a hub of request and submit homebrews.

KoyukiTei13
2016-05-30, 10:59 AM
How about a subclass of magic user for a plague bringer? Like a Warlock's Patron or an Unholy Paladin Oath.

Perhaps some Lolth "divine" classes for Drow PCs?

I have a background I've been trying to work on: Slave. It was a common enough thing for slaves during medieval times, so why wouldn't there be a variation for a slave, either runaway, freed or otherwise.

As for races/subraces, more animalistic races might be an interesting take, like more birds or lizards or canines. There are tonnes of elves and dwarves and such already.

Oh, and these are just a few ideas that I've been working on; you don't have to do all of these. :)

FenrirHatiSkoll
2016-05-30, 03:24 PM
A barbarian path were you transform into savage beasts perhaps?

Ivellius
2016-05-30, 05:46 PM
How about a subclass of magic user for a plague bringer? Like a Warlock's Patron or an Unholy Paladin Oath.

Would a druidic circle count?

Circle of Plagues
Disease and vermin intertwine, with many afflictions carried by miniscule creatures that thrive in filth. Although illness weakens creatures, it culls the feeble and ensures the survival of the fittest. Druids who ascribe to this philosophy may learn to master poison and disease, gaining along the way a close connection with the vermin who spread them. Though often shunned, these druids are fierce defenders of nature and serve as reminders that all creatures have a right to exist. Powerful druids who follow the Circle of Plagues often become known as “vermin lords” in wider society.

Vermin Shape: When you choose this circle, you lose the ability to Wild Shape into animal forms. Instead, you may use a bonus action to assume the form of a verminous creature (such as a giant scorpion, centipede, or wasp) you have seen before. This feature is in all other ways identical to the Wild Shape class feature, including its limitations.

Poison Spray: At 2nd level, you gain poison spray as a bonus druid cantrip. You may choose a different druid cantrip if you already possess poison spray.

Poisonous Touch: Starting at 2nd level, when you hit with an unarmed strike or a natural attack you can expend one druid spell slot to deal poison damage to the target in addition to the attack’s base damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8. This feature may be used during Wild Shape.

Circle Spells: Your connection with vermin grants you additional spells. At 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th level you gain circle spells that are always prepared and do not count against the number of spells you can prepare each day. These spells are considered druid spells for you.

3rd – spider climb, web
5th – conjure animals (vermin only), stinking cloud
7th – blight, giant insect
9th – insect plague, contagion

Incubation: At 6th level, whenever you succeed on a saving throw against one of the listed diseases in the Dungeon Master’s Guide, you may choose to incubate the pestilence within your body. While the disease is within you, you may choose to expend the disease on any successful unarmed strike or natural attack roll, forcing the affected creature to make a saving throw against that disease at its original DC. After using Incubation to deliver a disease, you must wait until after a long rest to use the feature again.

Master of Plagues: At 10th level, you become immune to swarm damage inflicted by Tiny or smaller creatures and all diseases and poisons. You must still make a successful saving throw against a disease if you wish to use your Incubation feature, but you do not suffer any penalties for failing.

Verminous Affinity: At 14th level, you may freely channel abilities borrowed from vermin. Choose two of the following spells to cast at will (self only): jump, spider climb, beast sense, longstrider, or darkvision.

Wranglyph
2016-05-30, 07:46 PM
I've got an idea based on a request from another thread:

A magic-wielding class that counters arcane casters (and possibly divine ones?), but not because it's intended to, like a witch hunter or some-thing. Instead, it counters those classes because the magic it uses is really friggin' weird, and works in a way or allows it to do things that makes(s) ordinary casting difficult or less effective.

For example, maybe the class draws its power from other planes, and can introduce properties of those planes to make certain types of spells weaker, while enhancing some of its own stuff.

ImSAMazing
2016-05-31, 12:40 AM
I've got an idea based on a request from another thread:

A magic-wielding class that counters arcane casters (and possibly divine ones?), but not because it's intended to, like a witch hunter or some-thing. Instead, it counters those classes because the magic it uses is really friggin' weird, and works in a way or allows it to do things that makes(s) ordinary casting difficult or less effective.

For example, maybe the class draws its power from other planes, and can introduce properties of those planes to make certain types of spells weaker, while enhancing some of its own stuff.

Hmmm a plane based class. Ill think about it how we could translate it to 20 levels.

ImSAMazing
2016-05-31, 02:51 AM
Spider domain done: link (http://www.naturalcrit.com/homebrew/share/HyRUz69Q)!

Please tell me what you guys think!

KoyukiTei13
2016-05-31, 03:08 AM
Spider Domain cleric looks great! Thanks so much!

ImSAMazing
2016-05-31, 03:16 AM
Spider Domain cleric looks great! Thanks so much!

Yeah, when you said 'Lolth based divine class', I immediately thought about a Divine Spider Domain. Selecting the spell list was a bit hard though, what do you think of the spelllist?

Professor Gnoll
2016-05-31, 03:19 AM
Yeah, when you said 'Lolth based divine class', I immediately thought about a Divine Spider Domain. Selecting the spell list was a bit hard though, what do you think of the spelllist?
...Shouldn't it grant Web?

ImSAMazing
2016-05-31, 04:23 AM
...Shouldn't it grant Web?

That's a great suggestion. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is what sleep shortage does to your brain.

EDIT: Updated with Web.

KiltedRabble
2016-06-01, 09:02 PM
I'm very new to D&D 5e, and didn't play a whole lot of 3.5, but I had an idea recently, and my DM says, if I can work it out, then I can play it.

Orc/Drow Mountain Ranger. He/she's a bastard of the insane coupling of an Orc and a Drow. Rejected by both. Exiled. I'm thinking he/she should have the same abilities as any other ranger, modified for the environment he's been raised in. That's fairly easy. It's the racial traits that I'm unsure about.

Any thoughts?

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-02, 12:11 AM
I'm very new to D&D 5e, and didn't play a whole lot of 3.5, but I had an idea recently, and my DM says, if I can work it out, then I can play it.

Orc/Drow Mountain Ranger. He/she's a bastard of the insane coupling of an Orc and a Drow. Rejected by both. Exiled. I'm thinking he/she should have the same abilities as any other ranger, modified for the environment he's been raised in. That's fairly easy. It's the racial traits that I'm unsure about.

Any thoughts?

I had found a half-race template thing on here somewhere a bit ago, and copy pasted the whole damn thing down.
It had you pick a major trait from one parent and a minor trait from the other, where you then build the rest of your stats around.

Aarakocra
Major: +2 Dex, Flight, Speed 25
Minor: +1 Wis, Talons
Languages: Aarakocran, Auran

Svirfneblin
Major: Stone Camouflage
Minor: +1 Dex, Superior Darkvision
Languages: Undercommon

Genasi
Major: +2 Con
Minor: None; Genasi are defined primarily by their elemental ties
Languages: Primordial

Air Genasi
Major: Mingle with the Wind
Minor: +1 Dex, Unending Breath

Earth Genasi
Major: Merge with Stone
Minor: +1 Dex, Earth Walk

Fire Genasi
Major: Reach to the Blaze
Minor: +1 Int, Fire Resistance, Darkvision

Water Genasi
Major: Call to the Wave, Swim
Minor: +1 Wis, Amphibious, Acid Resistance

Goliath
Major: +2 Str, Stone's Endurance
Minor: +1 Con, Mountain Born, Powerful Build
Languages: Giant

Duergar - Dwarf Subrace
Major: Duergar Magic, Sunlight Sensitivity
Minor: +1 Str, Duergar Resilience, Superior Darkvision, Extra Language
Languages: Undercommon

Ghostwise Halfling - Subrace
Major: Silent Speech
Minor: +1 Wis

Variant Tiefling
Major: +2 Dex, one of Winged, Hellfire, or Devilish Tongue
Minor: +1 Int
Languages: Infernal

Shardmind
Major: +1 Cha and Con, Shard Maelstrom, Gemstone Construct
Minor: +1 Int, Crystalline Memories, Psychic Resistance, Thoughtspeech, Mental Realignment
Languages: Deep Speech

Minotaur
Major: Conqueror's Virtue, Horns, Goring Rush, Hammering Horns
Minor: +1 Strength, Labyrinthine Recall, Sea Reaver

Dragonborn:
Major: +2 Str, Breath Weapon
Minor: +1 Cha, Damage Resistance
Language: Draconic

Dwarf:
Major: +2 Con, Dwarven Resilience, Tool Proficiency, Speed 25
Minor: Darkvision, Stonecunning, Dwarf Weapon Training
Language: Dwarvish

Hill Dwarf:
Major: Dwarven Toughness
Minor: +1 Wis

Mountain Dwarf:
Major: +2 Str
Minor: Dwarven Armour Training

Elf:
Major: +2 Dex, Keen Senses, Fey Ancestry
Minor: Trance, Darkvision
Language: Elvish

High Elf:
Major: 1 Language, 1 Cantrip (uses Int)
Minor: +1 int, Elf Weapon Training

Wood Elf:
Major: Fleet of Foot, Mask of the Wild
Minor: +1 Wis, Elf Weapon Training

Dark Elf:
Major: Drow Magic, Sunlight Sensitivity
Minor: +1 Cha, Drow Weapon Training, Superior Darkvision

Gnome:
Major: +2 Int, Gnome Cunning
Minor: Darkvision
Language: Gnomish

Forest Gnome:
Major: Natural Illusionist
Minor: +1 Dex, Speak With Small Beasts

Rock Gnome:
Major: Tinker
Minor: +1 Con, Artificer’s Lore

Halfling:
Major: +2 Dex, Halfling Nimbleness, Speed 25
Minor: Brave, Lucky

Lightfoot:
Major: Naturally Stealthy
Minor: +1 Cha

Stout:
Major: Stout Resilience
Minor: +1 Con

Human:
Major: +1 to 4 Abilities
Minor: +1 to 2 Abilities

Human (Variant):
Major: +1 Feat, +1 Skill
Minor: +1 to 2 Abilities

Ogre:
Major: +3 Str (stacks with minor trait), +2 Con, -2 Int, Speed 40
Minor: +1 Str (stacks with major trait), -1 Wis, -1 Cha, Darkvision, Ogre Toughness (like dwarf toughness)
Language: Giant

Orc:
Major: +2 Str, Relentless Endurance, Savage Attacks
Minor: +1 Con, Darkvision, Menacing
Language: Orc

Tiefling:
Major: +2 Cha, Infernal Legacy
Minor: +1 Int, Darkvision, Hellish Resistance
Language: Infernal

Take the major traits from one race, and the minor traits from another race. Your DM decides from which races you can take traits, for instance most DMs will not allow ogres. Your DM also decides if you may only take major or minor traits from a given race, or if a certain pairing is unsuitable. You may not take two races where one is more than one size larger than the other. You may pick a subrace when you pick a race, and gain its major or minor traits in addition to the major or minor traits of the main race. You may not pick the major traits from the race and the minor traits from its subrace or vice versa. You may not make a halfbreed from two subraces of the same race.

P.S.: If anyone knows the post this came from let me know and I'll link it. :)

So for your half-orc half-drow character (which is a strange combination, I might add. There better be some spectacular story behind that bastard.) its stats would be along the base of:

Character Variant 1:
Major: +2 Str, Relentless Endurance, Savage Attacks
Minor: +1 Cha, Drow Weapon Training, Superior Darkvision
Language: Orcish

Character Variant 2:
Major: +2 Dex, Fey Ancestry, Drow Magic, Sunlight Sensitivity
Minor: +1 Con, Darkvision, Menacing
Language: Undercommon, Elvish

I would say that their major trait would take after their mother, and their language could be Undercommon or Orcish depending on whether the character lived on the Surface or the Underdark and how much contact they would've had with either parent. But that's just my two cents.

KiltedRabble
2016-06-03, 09:57 PM
KoyukiTei13.

Good job! Thank you very much

DC-K.O.
2016-06-03, 11:18 PM
Wow, your topic appears as a C.S.W. in a critical battle

Right now, I´m DMing a tutorial campaign for my friends, one of them want to make a Valkyrie, so how can brew a Valkyrie

Notes:
- Only female can be Valkyries
- Half Caster (Support) + Warrior
- Skilled with lances

I was thinking a Devotion/Ancients Paladin but doesnt fits the main idea for a Valkyrie, so if you can... I can pass you some of my work in the class and help to a create a good, balanced and fun class to play.:smallsmile:

Professor Gnoll
2016-06-03, 11:44 PM
Wow, your topic appears as a C.S.W. in a critical battle

Right now, I´m DMing a tutorial campaign for my friends, one of them want to make a Valkyrie, so how can brew a Valkyrie

Notes:
- Skilled with lances

I was thinking a Devotion/Ancients Paladin but doesnt fits the main idea for a Valkyrie, so if you can... I can pass you some of my work in the class and help to a create a good, balanced and fun class to play.:smallsmile:
Yes. Pick me. I will do this.
I love Valkyries so much. Pass me on your work and I'll make you a class. I'm thinking a Paladin Oath or a Martial Archetype, but maybe even a base class...

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-04, 01:00 AM
I love Valkyries so much. Pass me on your work and I'll make you a class. I'm thinking a Paladin Oath or a Martial Archetype, but maybe even a base class...

What about a racial class for Aarakocra?

Professor Gnoll
2016-06-04, 01:14 AM
What about a racial class for Aarakocra?
Not really big on racial classes. Plus, Aarakocra aren't really that connected to the concept past "having wings".
Thinking through the Valkyrie concept, the relevant parts are:
- Spear-wielding.
- Flight.
- Interaction with souls/the dead.
- Female warriors.
So the class would want to be good at wielding spears/lances, have access to some sort of flight, be able to manipulate soul energy- perhaps through creating/destroying undead. Possibly Dragoon-style jumping attacks like the Bravely Default Valkyrie, too. But I'm waiting on DC-KO to pass on what they've already come up with.

ImSAMazing
2016-06-04, 02:14 AM
Not really big on racial classes. Plus, Aarakocra aren't really that connected to the concept past "having wings".
- Spear-wielding.
- Flight.
- Female warriors.
So the class would want to be good at wielding spears/lances, have access to some sort of flight, be able to manipulate soul energy- perhaps through creating/destroying undead. Possibly Dragoon-style jumping attacks like the Bravely Default Valkyrie, too. But I'm waiting on DC-KO to pass on what they've already come up with.
It's fine by me if you do the Valkyrie. Seems cool.

DC-K.O.
2016-06-04, 02:21 AM

A base class would be better, since they have a unique skillset: flight, lancer-oriented, heroic presence, draw the energy from the gods (elemental or divine), 2 archetypes: One more Spellcaster oriented and other more Combat Support (like "Valkyrie Daenyal sings Saga of Hammeus = Increases Strength at target for 1d6 for 2 turns) or smth like that.

Professor Gnoll
2016-06-04, 02:29 AM
A base class would be better, since they have a unique skillset: flight, lancer-oriented, heroic presence, draw the energy from the gods (elemental or divine), 2 archetypes: One more Spellcaster oriented and other more Combat Support (like "Valkyrie Daenyal sings Saga of Hammeus = Increases Strength at target for 1d6 for 2 turns) or smth like that.
Totally. I'm thinking Cupbearer for the support archetype and Chooser of the Slain for the magic-focussed one. I'll get to writing immediately.

DC-K.O.
2016-06-04, 02:34 AM
Totally. I'm thinking Cupbearer for the support archetype and Chooser of the Slain for the magic-focussed one. I'll get to writing immediately.

Got it! I will send you my work by PM, and we can talk more there.

Steampunkette
2016-06-04, 05:13 PM
Base Class Request: Battle Dancer.

Preferably built on the Barbarian Chassis with 2d6 for HD.

Looking for dueling, dual wielding, and great weapon fighting styles.

Movement and mobility.

Charisma modifier should be important, possibly for AC or Damage.

Let's see what ya'll come up with!

Ivellius
2016-06-07, 10:14 AM
Base Class Request: Battle Dancer.

I will claim this if no one else has. Might be a few days, but I'll come up with something.

(I really dislike the "2d6" HD, so it won't have that.)

Edited Edit: I had some time this afternoon, so here's (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxku3D-MjK3ejl2Tk9yOFo3WEk) what I did. It's basically finished now.

Four class options: thrown weapons, TWF, "duelist" (I dunno, it's defensive), and heavy weapons.

zeek0
2016-06-07, 02:49 PM
I will claim this if no one else has. Might be a few days, but I'll come up with something.

(I really dislike the "2d6" HD, so it won't have that.)

Edit: I had some time this afternoon, so here's (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxku3D-MjK3ejl2Tk9yOFo3WEk) the base chassis of the Dervish class so far on Google Drive. (I need to re-check equipment, I think, and maybe a few other things, but it's mostly good.) Essentially, it's a re-skinned Dexterity- / Charisma-focused Barbarian analogue with a few Monk / Rogue borrowed features. I would think the balance is pretty reasonable.

I haven't done the Dervish Schools yet (just a short description and maybe their first feature), but there will be four: thrown weapons, TWF, "duelist," and heavy weapons.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm about 2/3 done with the version that I'm dreaming up. I don't have the chassis nailed down yet, but my subclasses are developing alright. I'll be excited to compare different versions of the same archetype at the end after we both finish.

I'll post up something after I have it finished or I want some PEACH from the community - the internet where I live isn't good enough for posting content on Google Docs reliably.

EDIT: I'm looking through your brew, and I see some great ideas. Mind if I snag a feature if it fits well? I'll be using it in the subclass instead, so I think that the difference between ideas will be appreciable.

As tribute, I copy-paste my current work. I promise nothing about balance, viability, formatting, or grammer - they are all a work in progress at the moment.

Master of Form
A lightly robed human darts from one partner to the next, leaving blood in her wake. The hobgoblins in her midst engage her, but unknowingly only play their part in her dance.

There are some techniques of battle which are passed down through secret organization or family bloodline, techniques so thorough that they shape their bearer in more than just their fighting expertise. While the forms themselves are very different, all practitioners have in common an unusual drive to master their art, to improve it, and to express that form in the only true arena it is meant for: deadly combat.
A form is most often practiced and refined through a series of movements that mimic combat. These movements train the body, mind, and spirit to be willing and able to perform the necessary acts when the proper time comes.
Class Features 
As a Master of Form, you gain the following class features.
Hit Points
Hit Points: 1d8 per master of form level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your constitution modifier per master of form level after this one
Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons

Tools: None
Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
Skills: Choose two from Athletics, Acrobatics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Performance
Equipment
You start with the following equipment in addition to the equipment granted by your background
• (a) two shortswords or (b) any martial weapon
• (a) two hand axes or (b) four daggers
• (a) an entertainer’s pack or (b) an explorer’s pack
Unarmored Defense
While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Charisma modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.
Fighting Style
You adopt a particular style of fighting as your specialty. Choose one of the following options. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again.
Dueling. When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
Great Weapon Fighting. When you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack with two hands, you can reroll the die and use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit.
Two-Weapon Fighting. When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.
Unarmed Fighting. You can use Dexterity instead of Strength for the attack and damage rolls of your unarmed strikes. You can roll a d6 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strikes. In addition, when you use the Attack action with an unarmed strike or light weapon on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action. At 6th level these strikes count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage.
Momentum
Beginning at 2nd level, your combat becomes fluid, and you can link together the movements to deadly effect. Each time you land a hit on an enemy creature you gain a momentum point , which can be expended to improvise the next step in the form. You do not gain momentum from attacks which are done with a reaction.
You lose a momentum point after 1 minute, or if your movement speed becomes 0. You may not have more than three momentum points at one time.
You may expend momentum in the following ways:
Counter
You may expend one momentum point as a reaction to a creature that attacks you. If you do, you may make one melee weapon attack against that attacker.
Double Step
On your turn, you may expend one momentum point to gain an additional 15 feet of movement until the start of your next turn.
Sidestep
When you are the target of an attack you may, as a reaction, expend a momentum point to impose Disadvantage on that attack roll.
Form Expression
At 3rd level, you choose a form expression that you strive to master. Your choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level.
Ability Score Improvement
When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.
Extra Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
Evasion
At 7th level, your instinctive agility lets you dodge out of the way of certain area effects, such as a blue dragon’s lighting breath or a fireball spell. When you are subjected to an effect that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on the saving throw, and only half damage if you fail.
Unhindered Movement
At 9th level, you are no longer hindered by difficult terrain, including magical difficult terrain.
At 17th level, spells and magical effects can neither reduce your speed nor cause you to be paralyzed or restrained.
Overpowering Strikes
At 11th level, the focus behind your strikes becomes so great that all your melee weapon are suffused with additional force. Whenever you hit a creature with a melee weapon, the creature takes an additional 1d8 weapon damage.
Focused Mind
At 13th level, your practiced mental discipline grants you protection from intrusion and malign influence. You gain proficiency with Wisdom saving throws.
Primed Movement
At 15th level, when you roll for initiative you gain 3 momentum points.
Feature Title - Ribbon
At 17th level,
Feature Title - Capstone
At 20th level,

Form Expressions
Battle Trance
There are those which can drop willingly into abstraction, heightening their abilities.
Trance State
At 3rd level, you become able to enter a trance state in combat, elevating your awareness and ability. On your turn, you can start the trance as a bonus action.
While in the trance, you gain the following benefits:
• You are able to use an additional reaction each round.
• You may gain momentum points from attacks you make using a reaction.
• You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.
If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while you are in the trance state.
Your trance lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious, if you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn, or if your movement speed becomes 0. You can also end your trance on your turn as a bonus action.
Once you have entered a trance a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier, you may not do so again until you complete a long rest.
Hyperfocus
At 6th level, you are able to draw your attention to
Faultless Kinesthetics
At 10th level, when you are in a trance state you have advantage on Dexterity checks and Dexterity saving throws.
Feature Title - Ribbon
At 14th level,
Feature Title
At 18th level,

Duplicity
Fluff

Feature Title
At 3rd level, you are able to use your stance, posture, and technique to deceive the enemy. You gain the following momentum options. The DC for these options is 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier.
Feint. Before you make a melee attack, you may expend one momentum point to attempt to force an enemy to overstep and create an opening. The creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or your attack has advantage.
Menace. You may perform a deadly flourish, encouraging nearby creatures to think twice before they engage you. As a bonus action, you may spend one momentum point. If you do, all creatures within 10 feet of you must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw. If they fail, they are frightened of you until the beginning of your next turn.
Distract. As a bonus action, you may distract an enemy and give an ally an opening to strike. Choose a creature within 5 feet. That creature must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or an ally of your choice may immediately make a weapon attack against the target.
Feature Title
At 6th level,
Feature Title
At 10th level, your ability to adjust your body in combat to deceive others extends to social situations. After you succeed on a Charisma check, you gain one momentum point. You may expend a momentum point to gain advantage on a Charisma check.
Feature Title - Ribbon
At 14th level,
Feature Title
At 18th level,

Ivellius
2016-06-07, 03:31 PM
EDIT: I'm looking through your brew, and I see some great ideas. Mind if I snag a feature if it fits well? I'll be using it in the subclass instead, so I think that the difference between ideas will be appreciable.

As tribute, I copy-paste my current work. I promise nothing about balance, viability, formatting, or grammer - they are all a work in progress at the moment.

Interesting approach. I think yours feels a little more specific in flavor, but I do like the idea of a "momentum" mechanic and may use that myself for something down the road. There's a Dervish on the DM's Guild that uses a similar mechanic, actually, though I haven't bought it. Mechanically, yours is closer to the Monk while mine's closer to the Barbarian.

As I'll eventually be posting this to DM's Guild, I'll request that you not take anything in particular from this. Here's the secret, though: most of them are renamed or modified from other classes, so if there's something you like, you can really just change the name. (Given the capstone is unique to me and I like it, I'll also request not using that.)

zeek0
2016-06-07, 10:35 PM
Interesting approach. I think yours feels a little more specific in flavor, but I do like the idea of a "momentum" mechanic and may use that myself for something down the road. There's a Dervish on the DM's Guild that uses a similar mechanic, actually, though I haven't bought it. Mechanically, yours is closer to the Monk while mine's closer to the Barbarian.

As I'll eventually be posting this to DM's Guild, I'll request that you not take anything in particular from this. Here's the secret, though: most of them are renamed or modified from other classes, so if there's something you like, you can really just change the name. (Given the capstone is unique to me and I like it, I'll also request not using that.)

I 'stole' the idea of momentum from a battledancer-like class that was posted here, and changed it until I liked it. I'm shameless that way.

Alright, I'll refrain from taking anything from your dervish wholesale. Feel free to take from mine as you will - I care nothing for publication.

Ivellius
2016-06-07, 11:15 PM
Alright, I'll refrain from taking anything from your dervish wholesale. Feel free to take from mine as you will - I care nothing for publication.

Like I said, really anything other than the capstone in the base chassis is just stolen adapted from some other class, so just change the names and we're fine. I appreciate the compliments, though.

I think where you're going is interesting enough (like I said, it's more the Monk to the concept where mine is kind of Barbarian, at least mechanically), and I'm intrigued by the fluff as you see it. "Master of the Form" is a different flavor in my mind.

Ezekiel Moon
2016-06-08, 01:35 AM
Okay, I've recently hit upon an idea. Every now and then, someone comes up with some idea or other to import Final Fantasy Blue Mages to D&D, and this is mine: The Reliquist. I do intend to finish it out on my own, but for the moment, I'll put down the basic concept here for anyone else to make their own version.

The idea is that the Reliquist carries a special reliquary box. The box contains an extradimensional space, capable of holding five cubic feet of matter per level of the Reliquist, but only certain items related to class features, Likenesses and (of course) Relics, can be stored inside.

Likenesses are the Blue Mage part, and they function a bit like Warlock invocations. A Likeness is a small figure that resembles a particular creature, carved by the Reliquist. In order to carve a Likeness, he must know about the creature either through extensive study or through personal experience. A Reliquist can store a number of Likenesses determined by his level inside his reliquary. He can swap them out only through a one-hour ritual. Each Likeness grants him supernatural abilities related to the creature it resembles. At the DM's option, a Reliquist may also be allowed to make a Likeness of a unique individual he has encountered. I have not yet determined the exact mechanism of progression; it could be that each Likeness grants several different abilities based on the Reliquist's level, or it could be that carving a Likeness is level-restricted based on the creature's hit dice or CR.

Relics, on the other hand, grant other bonuses. I've got concepts for three subclasses, which I call Drives, to determine what counts as a Relic for the Reliquist's purposes. They are the Crusader, who seeks to protect and retrieve holy items, the Archaeologist, who seeks to uncover lost records of the past, and the Memorialist, who seeks to codify recent history for the future. A slightly expanded but otherwise uninteresting version of what I just said follows:

Drive: Crusader
A crusader bears holy relics into battle. The relics she seeks are items of great religious importance, such as a shield carried by a deity, a cup that was used by a great saint, a journal describing religious persecution, or material from a destroyed temple.

Drive: Archaeologist
An archaeologist discovers links to the past. The relics she seeks are items with historical significance, such as the helmet of a commander who fought in an ancient battle, a letter written by a long-dead noble, or an ancestral orb used in royal succession ceremonies.

Drive: Memorialist
Rather than preserving relics of the past, a memorialist is focused on codifying the relics of the future. Many of the things a crusader or archaeologist seeks may be sought by a memorialist as well, but where the crusader's relics are often ancient, and the archaeologist's always are, the memorialist may look for the cup of a still-living saint or a weapon from a recent battle, the first draft of a recently-passed law, or an early example of a new invention.

...and that's all I've got. If anyone does anything with this, I'd love to hear about it.

zeek0
2016-06-08, 02:45 AM
Ezekiel Moon - I'd enjoy giving you questions/ideas/help fleshing out the concept, but I think it will require an longer conversation and some back-and-forth. If you post your ideas and current thoughts in a new thread, we could look at it without cluttering up this thread too much.

rooster707
2016-06-08, 09:21 AM
Two ideas for Warlock patrons:

A) Something focused on shapeshifting (and maybe impersonation?). Not sure about the fluff.

B) A much more powerful version of yourself from the future (or an alternate universe, or whatever).

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-09, 04:01 AM

A) Something focused on shapeshifting (and maybe impersonation?). Not sure about the fluff.

B) A much more powerful version of yourself from the future (or an alternate universe, or whatever).

There's a patron called "The Future You" on the blog Middle Finger of Vecna (http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/p/blog-page.html). There's also a meta Warlock, with the DM as the patron, if memory serves.

rooster707
2016-06-09, 09:30 AM
There's a patron called "The Future You" on the blog Middle Finger of Vecna (http://www.middlefingerofvecna.com/p/blog-page.html). There's also a meta Warlock, with the DM as the patron, if memory serves.

Dang it! I thought I had a cool, original idea for once... :smalltongue:

Night Eternal
2016-06-09, 11:34 AM
This is a great offer Thanks for Posting:

I've been looking for :

sword mage class: i have found some assault and shield classes that are okay but im looking for a ensnarement class. Wtih a 5e version of fox fient, crackling burst, flame cyclone, dimensional cleave
Captain America type weapon with ricochet abilities
a pixie race with the ability to change size to normal . searched a lot but haven't found one. A lot of books i have read lately have pixe as a gish who changes size and does battle

if you can help with any of these that would be awesome

Mr.Moron
2016-06-09, 11:59 AM
Captain America type weapon with ricochet abilities.

Bouncing Shield

This round, impossibly well-made shield is emblazoned with the bright colors and crest of some long-forgotten noble house. In addition to the benefits of a normal shield, the Bouncing Shield may be used as a thrown weapon with a range of 30 feet and a maximum range of 60 feet. It deals 2d6 damage plus your strength modifier on a hit. If the weapon hits a target it bounces towards other enemies. Choose up to 1d4 additional targets all within 30 of each other and the original target. They must make a dexterity save or suffer damage equal to that dealt to the original target. With a final bounce the shield returns to your arm at the end of your turn. If thrown against a wall or other solid surface the shield will bounce off and return to your arm.

The bouncing shield is a magical weapon. If you are proficient with shields you are proficient with the bouncing shield when used as a weapon.

EDIT: Dexterity saving throw. Golly old habits die hard.

Night Eternal
2016-06-09, 12:51 PM
Bouncing Shield

This round, impossibly well-made shield is emblazoned with the bright colors and crest of some long-forgotten noble house. In addition to the benefits of a normal shield, the Bouncing Shield may be used as a thrown weapon with a range of 30 feet and a maximum range of 60 feet. It deals 2d6 damage plus your strength modifier on a hit. If the weapon hits a target it bounces towards other enemies. Choose up to 1d4 additional targets all within 30 of each other and the original target. They must make a dexterity save or suffer damage equal to that dealt to the original target. With a final bounce the shield returns to your arm at the end of your turn. If thrown against a wall or other solid surface the shield will bounce off and return to your arm.

The bouncing shield is a magical weapon. If you are proficient with shields you are proficient with the bouncing shield when used as a weapon.

EDIT: Dexterity saving throw. Golly old habits die hard.

I have been working on that for 3 months and couldn't come with anything that was that simple. Amazing thank you so much.

Wulfskadi
2016-06-09, 04:05 PM

If you could send me a copy of this class or post it on the forum I would be most greatful

Princess
2016-06-09, 06:29 PM
I'd like a cleric domain that completely de-emphasizes the murder part, to better represent a cleric who doesn't think more damage makes him a better person. Tranquility, Fortune, Love, et c. would be good themes.

Also, pants on head Madness subclasses are severely lacking in official materials.

Ezekiel Moon
2016-06-10, 12:29 AM
I'll second the idea of a Love domain.

zeek0
2016-06-10, 05:58 AM
I'd like a cleric domain that completely de-emphasizes the murder part, to better represent a cleric who doesn't think more damage makes him a better person. Tranquility, Fortune, Love, et c. would be good themes.

Not to toot my own horn, but I crafted a Hearth Doman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?488246-Help-me-create-a-Hearth-Domain!). I think that it fits with the theme of not being necessarily violent.

Also, pants on head Madness subclasses are severely lacking in official materials.

The blog Middle Finger of Vecna has some nice Lovecraft-inspired subclasses, just to give a direction.

A barbarian path were you transform into savage beasts perhaps?
A bit ago I crafted a Wild Spirit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?489298-Shapeshifing-Ranger-Archetype-PEACH) subclass for the ranger, focused on transforming into beasts. I don't think it would be unreasonable to blatantly graft it onto the Barbarian.

For the Warlock, I suggest adding the following invocation:
Bestial Hunger
Prerequisite: 5th level
When you are in the form of a beast you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

This makes it so, if you are intending to use Wildshape for more than utility purposes, you can do that.

For the purposes of the subclass graft, I think you can just gain the features in order. Barbarians and Warlocks will get features 1 level early (and Warlocks Wild Shape at level 1), but I don't think this is egregious.

I hope that helped, and I apologize for simply referencing existing homebrew material (most of it my own).

Ivellius
2016-06-10, 04:34 PM
- Spear-wielding.
- Flight.
- Female warriors.

After thinking about this, I really like the theme, so I've been working on one of these today. It'll be a half-caster, certainly, and I"ve made a couple of features that incentivize the use of spears (okay, one stole UA's Spear feat). If you'd like the link, here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byxku3D-MjK3NlAzbmQtTHNHNGs/view?usp=sharing) you go.

Prince Zahn
2016-06-10, 05:00 PM
I'm definitely keep an eye on this. There's so many things one could request that could (and should) be done for 5e... I hope this stays a thing long enough for me to decide what to ask for! :smallbiggrin:

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-14, 01:06 AM
How would one go about making templates for humanoids and monsters? For like half-humans and tauric individuals and the like? I also want to make a centaur base race with horse, deer and other four legged mammals (and maybe a reptilian version for snakes and lizards) for PCs and NPCs. :D

ImSAMazing
2016-06-14, 01:10 AM
How would one go about making templates for humanoids and monsters? For like half-humans and tauric individuals and the like? I also want to make a centaur base race with horse, deer and other four legged mammals (and maybe a reptilian version for snakes and lizards) for PCs and NPCs. :D

Take a look in the MM, there are a couple templates there:
- Half-Dragon
- Shadow Dragon
- Dracolich

You could follow their example to make a template. It also depends what kind of template: just another resistance, or a whole new set of attacks?

Submortimer
2016-06-14, 06:39 PM
Dang it! I thought I had a cool, original idea for once... :smalltongue:

Just rememeber, there are no original ideas, only original implementation of ideas.

In any case, take a look at my Signature, there's a warlock Pact boon called Pact of Apotheosis I wrote up a long time ago, with some associated Invocations. Not excatly shapeshifty, but kinda in that ball park.

Celluloid Flick
2016-06-15, 06:03 PM
Could someone adapt the Archivist class from 3.5e Heroes of Horror to 5e, please?

JNAProductions
2016-06-19, 10:10 AM
I would like to request the Assimar. A holy race, focused on booty.

Because sometimes, things just have to be silly.

KoyukiTei13
2016-06-21, 02:24 AM
Another request I think would be funny: Barbarian path: Skyrim's Dragonborn - lots of variable shouts, lots of options
Or one to do with imbibing potions, drugs, magical effects (I'm thinking along the lines of Fallout NV's radiation-, drug and alcohol-, and stamina-based perks)

for a bonus, there should be ways to implement some of the psychotic stuff people do in single player games (like kill everyone and re-load and the all-mighty console commands)

Ivellius
2016-06-21, 04:20 PM
Notes:
- Skilled with lances

- Spear-wielding.
- Flight.
- Female warriors.

Tagging you people with an update because of previously expressed interest. I'm pretty sure my version is done now, if you want to look at the Valkyr Class here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxku3D-MjK3NlAzbmQtTHNHNGs).

I think it hit the points needed:

Incentivizes spears by copying the UA feat and a minor benefit for lances
Flight, eventually (limited at 6th, better at 14th, and reduce falling damage
Good combat proficiencies and half casting (might should add spell slots to the doc, but I dunno)
"Spiritsong," which can give temp. HP, advantage on a death save, or astral projection for all, with other options based on Calling
Four Calling options: broadly speaking, healer, better magic user, warrior, and aggressive soulstealery option. It wasn't intentional when I started, but it basically ended up being two support options and two aggressive options.

Let me know what you think.

Elodin
2016-06-22, 12:56 AM
How about a warlock with a draconian patron?

Professor Gnoll
2016-06-22, 06:08 AM
Tagging you people with an update because of previously expressed interest. I'm pretty sure my version is done now, if you want to look at the Valkyr Class here (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxku3D-MjK3NlAzbmQtTHNHNGs).

Good combat proficiencies and half casting (might should add spell slots to the doc, but I dunno)
"Spiritsong," which can give temp. HP, advantage on a death save, or astral projection for all, with other options based on Calling
Four Calling options: broadly speaking, healer, better magic user, warrior, and aggressive soulstealery option. It wasn't intentional when I started, but it basically ended up being two support options and two aggressive options.

That is... scarily similar to the Valkyrie class that I ended up making. The soulsong mechanic is nearly identical to what I made. I'll post my one here for comparison, as soon as it's finished (which will be soon.)

Siirvos
2016-06-26, 09:25 AM
Do you think updating shadow evocation and shadow conjuration spells from 3.5 to 5e would be a good idea? If so, how would you do it? Keeping the % partial reality of the spell seems needlessly complicated, but is quite likely the best way.

Maybe do it in the style of phantasmal force where the damage is psychic on a failed save? Idk, just spitballing here.

zeek0
2016-06-26, 01:54 PM
I've finished the battledancer class requested by Steampunkette. I've posted it here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492822-Battledancer-Base-Class-Looking-for-Feedback!&p=20935454#post20935454) because I'd like some feedback from the community before I stow it in the vaults.

Let me know what you think!

Wryte
2016-06-26, 04:54 PM
Took a crack at the valkyrie request as a paladin oath rather than its own class.

Paladin Oath: Oath of the Valkyrie
In ancient legends, the valkyries were daughters of the god Odin, tasked with witnessing battles between mortals and bearing the worthy dead to their father's hall in the afterlife, where they would gird themselves to ride beside the gods into the final battle against Evil at Ragnarok, the end of the world. Inspired by those legends, a band of priestesses and shieldmaidens whose kingdom had been set upon by a necromancer of terrible power vowed to bring an end to the vile wizard's desecration of the dead, and inspire their countrymen to rise up against his terror, thus swearing the first Oath of the Valkyrie. Valkyries are traditionally women, and although the legends that inspired them were the daughters of Odin, Valkyries may be found in service to many different Good-aligned gods of life, light, and war.

Tenets of the Valkyrie
Honor the Dying: The dead deserve respect, and those who die with courage deserve honor; even if they are your enemy. Desecration of the dead will not be tolerated.
Inspire the Living: Lead by example, and you will be followed. Though some may fall, their bravery will be rewarded.
Banish the Undead: The undead are a mockery of all that is good, and must be destroyed when and wherever they are encountered.
Leave No Regrets: Death may take you at any moment. Savor life and all its gifts in the moment, so you will have no regrets when your own valkyries come for you.

Oath Spells
3rd: Heroism, Feather Fall
5th: Find Steed, Gentle Repose
9th: Speak With Dead, Crusader's Mantle
13th: Ice Storm, Death Ward
17th: Raise Dead, Circle of Power

Channel Divinity
Flying Strike: Using your Channel Divinity, you can jump up to twice your normal jump distance. If you land within range to make a melee weapon attack against a hostile creature, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice an additional time and add it to the damage total. If you are using a piercing weapon, add another 1d6 to the damage total.

Create Einherjar: As an action you may lay your hands on a corpse or an undead creature with an intelligence score of 8 or lower and call upon your deity to place the soul of a fallen warrior into the creature's body, creating an Einherjar. The Einherjar is a free-willed undead who regards you as a trusted ally and will obey your commands to their best of its abilities. The Einherjar has the same alignment as your deity, an Intelligence score of 12, a Wisdom score of 13, a Charisma score of 11, and immunity to being frightened or charmed. Their hit point maximum is increased by an amount equal to your paladin level, and they add your proficiency bonus to their attack rolls. Otherwise, the Einherjar uses the statistics and abilities of the undead creature it replaced or most closely resembles. The Einherjar lasts for 1 minute or until its hit points reach 0, at which point it is dismissed and its body collapses into its material components. If the target of this spell is under the control of another creature, roll your paladin spellcasting ability against their spellsave DC to wrest control of the creature away from them.

Aura of the Hallowed
Non-hostile creatures within 10 feet of you when they begin their turn automatically succeed their death saving throws, and no creature within 10 feet of you can be raised as undead except by your or an allied paladin's Create Einherjar feature. At 18th level this aura expands to 30 feet.

Flight of the Valkyrie
At 15th level, you gain the ability to sprout a pair of wings from your back, gaining a flying speed equal to your current walking speed. You can create these wings as a bonus action on your turn. They last until you dismiss them as a bonus action on your turn. You can’t manifest your wings while wearing armor unless the armor is made to accommodate them, and clothing not made to accommodate your wings might be destroyed when you manifest them. The steed summoned by your Find Steed spell also gains this ability.

Host of the Courageous Dead
At 20th level, you can use your Create Einherjar feature on all dead or undead creatures within 30 feet of you as a single action without consuming any uses of Channel Divinity. The Einherjar created by this ability last for 1 hour. You must complete a long rest before using this feature again.

DC-K.O.
2016-06-29, 09:28 PM
Tagging you people with an update because of previously expressed interest. I'm pretty sure my version is done now, if you want to look at the Valkyr Class here[/URL].

I almost forgot the password but finally I got it and enter to the site =P

In other hand...

Wow, a good, very good, base class for Valkyrie (Valkyr as you put it in the submission), I like the spear mastery, seems a good balance between deeds and skills; I congrat you, pal.

As Prof. Gnoll said, the class that he and I are building is very close to yours, is a great job what you did there. :D

Ivellius
2016-06-30, 03:24 PM
Another request I think would be funny: Barbarian path: Skyrim's Dragonborn - lots of variable shouts, lots of options
Or one to do with imbibing potions, drugs, magical effects (I'm thinking along the lines of Fallout NV's radiation-, drug and alcohol-, and stamina-based perks)

I don't think the Dragonborn super-works as a barbarian path, but here's a stab at it. (Thursday blog entries are homebrew, so I figured I'd do something new anyway.) The power is intentionally kept kind of down--this path is more about providing options for the barbarian rather than strengthening its existing focus. The Fallout perk thing might be more profitable, honestly.

Also, I realize the flavor text is really short, but I have a few things to do this afternoon.

Voice of the Scaled Kings
It is not in dragons’ biology or mimicking their arcane study that you hope to find their power. Instead, you have learned the speech of dragons, and in their words you command elemental forces beyond mortal understanding.

Dragontongue: You have begun to learn the language of dragons, giving you a measure of their mighty power. Beginning at 3rd level, you learn the Draconic language if you do not already know it and 3 Draconis Lexia from the collection below. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum of 1). When you finish a long rest, you regain all expended uses.
Unless otherwise specified, using these words takes an action. If a saving throw is required, the DC is 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier.

Draconis Lexia

Brass Protection: You can absorb elemental energies and send them back at your opponents. When you take acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage, your can use your reaction to reduce the damage by 1d6. The first time you hit with a melee attack on your next turn, you can deal an additional 1d6 damage of the triggering type.
Breath of Flames: Fire erupts form your mouth, igniting the area in front of you. Each creature in a 15-foot cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 2d6 fire damage on a failed save or half as much on a successful saving throw. This fire also ignites any flammable objects in the area that aren’t being carried or worn.
Breath of Illness: You can make others sick with a breath attack. Make a ranged spell attack using your Dexterity modifier against a creature within 60 feet. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 poison damage and must make a Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, it is also poisoned until the end of your next turn.
Breath of Life: You can invigorate others with your presence. You breathe on an adjacent creature, which regains 1d4 hit points and additionally gains 1d4 temporary hit points.
Copper Mockery: A creature within 60 feet must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failure, it takes 2d6 psychic damage and has disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn. On a successful saving throw, it only takes half damage and its attacks are unaffected.
Dark Ambush: You can teleport up to 60 feet to an unoccupied space you can see and become invisible. You have advantage on your next melee attack roll made before the end of your next turn.
Freezing Tongue: You can hurl a frozen missile that shatters on impact, sending shards of ice into nearby enemies. Make a ranged spell attack using your Dexterity modifier against a creature within 60 feet. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 cold damage. Each creature adjacent to the target must make a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 cold damage as well.
Reveal the Unseen: Each object in a 20-foot cube within range is outlined in gold or silver light (your choice) for 1 round. Creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a Dexterity saving throw or also be outlined in light. For the duration, objects and affected creatures shed dim light in a 10-foot radius. Any attack roll against an affected creature or object has advantage if the attacker can see it, and the affected creature or object can’t benefit from being invisible.
Paralyzing Breath: Your breath inhibits a nearby creature. Make a ranged spell attack using your Dexterity modifier. On a hit, the creature either drops prone or on its next turn doesn’t move and takes no actions. A flying creature stays aloft, provided that it requires only minimal movement to do so. This feature has no effect if the target is a construct or undead.
Sandstorm: You conjure a cloud of sand, limiting visibility within its radius. You create a 30-foot-radius sphere of swirling sand centered on a point within 60 feet of your position. The sphere spreads around corners, and its area is heavily obscured. It lasts for up to 1 minute or until a wind of moderate or greater speed (at least 10 miles per hour) disperses it. Creatures that enter the storm must make a Strength saving throw or spend 10 feet of movement for every 5 feet they move.

Majestic Speech: Beginning at 6th level, you can add double your proficiency modifier on Charisma-based skill checks that use language and for which you are already proficient. Additionally, you learn 1 new Draconic Lexum and can exchange one already known for a different one.

Inspiring Presence: Your voice encourages others to fight with greater facility. Beginning at 10th level, you can use your action to choose a number of allied creatures within 30 feet equal to your Constitution modifier. For the first attack roll affected creatures make before the beginning of your next turn, they can add 1d4 to the result rolled. On your turn, you can use your action to continue maintaining this effect up to a total of 1 minute. If you become unconscious, this effect ends. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest. Additionally, you learn 1 new Draconic Lexum and can exchange one already known for a different one.

Outburst: You have learned the most powerful Draconic Lexum and can powerfully unleash elemental energies during your rage. While you are raging, you can use your action and expend all uses of your Dragontongue. Hostile creatures within 30 feet of you take 2d10 of your choice of acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage for each use of Dragontongue expended. A Constitution saving throw halves the damage taken. Your rage immediately ends and you gain 1 level of exhaustion. Additionally, whenever you enter a rage and have no uses of Dragontongue left, you regain 1 use.

Celluloid Flick
2016-07-10, 06:29 PM
Could someone adapt the Archivist class from 3.5e Heroes of Horror to 5e, please?

Repeating this request, please.

JNAProductions
2016-07-11, 09:33 PM
I am wide open to some requests right now.

Professor Gnoll
2016-07-11, 11:54 PM
I am wide open to some requests right now.
Could you make a Yeenoghu-themed warlock patron? And maybe a Gnoll race?

ravencroft0
2016-07-12, 05:43 AM
How about a warlock with a draconian patron?

There are 2.

The Elder Wyrm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?479936-Warlock-Patron-The-Elder-Wyrm-PEACH&highlight=elder+wyrm), The Great Wyrm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?494175-Warlock-Patron-The-Great-Wyrm-PEACH)

Enjoy!

Ivellius
2016-07-13, 08:17 AM
Could you make a Yeenoghu-themed warlock patron? And maybe a Gnoll race?

This wasn't directed at me, but...

Gnoll (I think Volo's Guide is going to have these anyway?)
As a gnoll, you have the following racial traits:

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2 and Strength score by 1.
Size. Gnolls are roughly the size of large humans, with lean, muscled builds. They generally stand around 6 1/2 to 7 feet tall and weigh up to 300 lbs. Your size is Medium.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't distinguish color in the darkness, only shades of gray.
Scent. You can distinguish creatures by their odor and have advantage on Perception checks made involving scent. You can track creatures using this ability.
Savage Jaws. You gain a bite attack that deals 1d4 + your Strength modifier in piercing damage. If you take the Attack action and successfully hit with a melee weapon attack, you can make this bite attack as a bonus action.
Rampage. If you reduce a creature to 0 hit points, you may use a bonus action to move up to one-half your current walking speed.
Languages. You can speak Common and Gnoll.

If you were going to break it up into subraces, I'd mess with ability scores and probably Rampage. It might be a bit on the weak side, but you do get an extra attack, which is pretty nice.

This wasn't originally done for Yeenoghu (it's basically a Werewolf Patron), but I think it fits fairly well. You could swap out the 10th-level feature; I've included a suggestion for that. The spells might not be the best, either.

The Howling Lord
Expanded Spell List: The Howling Lord lets you choose from an expanded list of spells when you learn a warlock spell. The following spells are added to the warlock spell list for you:

1st – false life, longstrider
3rd – alter self, blur
5th – bestow curse, conjure animals
7th – freedom of movement, polymorph
9th – antilife shell, contagion

Horrifying Howl: At 1st level, you can invoke your patron’s name to terrify your opponents with a loud howl. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws take 1d8 thunder damage and are all frightened by you until the end of your next turn. A successful saving throw halves the damage dealt and avoids the frightened effect. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Prowler’s Leap: At 6th level, you gain supernatural reflexes in combat and can use them to avoid danger. When you are targeted by an attack, you can use your reaction to make a Dexterity saving throw (DC = 8 + your opponent’s attack roll modifier). If successful, you avoid the attack and can immediately move up to your current walking speed. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If you end your turn next to the creature that targeted you, you have advantage on the first attack roll you make against that creature before the end of your next turn. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Howler’s Hide: Starting at 10th level, you have resistance to piercing and slashing damage. Damage from magical or silver weapons ignores this resistance.

This one might be more suitable to a demonic patron: Consume Life: Beginning at 10th level, when you reduce a foe to 0 hit points, you can use a bonus action to drain part of their soul. You regain hit points equal to 1d8 + your Constitution modifier. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1). After finishing a long rest, you regain all expended uses.

Howling Terror: At 14th level, you can invoke true terror in a foe of your choice. As an action, choose a creature that you can see within 60 feet of you. It must make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlock spell save DC. On a successful save, the creature has disadvantage on attack rolls made against you for 1 round; on a failed save, it is frightened of you for 1 round. This effect ends early if the creature takes any damage. Once the effect expires, the creature takes 10d10 psychic damage as your patron’s influence makes it reel in terror. You must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again.

Repeating this request, please.

I've been working on an Archivist this morning. Figuring out how to adapt Dark Knowledge was hard--I like what I have, but there would probably be other ways to do it effectively. Even at its simplest, it's likely to be fairly complex for 5e. On the plus side, it's a big enough feature that the class itself is basically finished aside from class options (going to have to ponder those a bit, I think).

Here's a teaser:

Dark Knowledge
Beginning at 1st level, you have a trove of lore to combat the monsters of the world. As an action, you select a hostile creature you can see within 60 feet and make an Intelligence-based skill check (Arcana, History, Nature, or Religion) with a DC equal to 10 + the creature’s Challenge Rating. On a success, you remember the secrets of engaging this creature in combat. For 1 minute, you can use one of the following options below on your turn. This feature requires concentration, as if you were concentrating on a spell. Dice used are based on your Dark Knowledge die as shown on the table above. If you fail the skill check, you cannot attempt to use your Dark Knowledge feature against that creature until after you finish a long rest.

Tactics: As a bonus action on your turn, you or an ally you can see within 30 feet of you can add your Dark Knowledge die to one attack roll you make against that creature within 1 round.
Puissance: As a bonus action on your turn, you can inspire yourself or an ally you can see within 30 feet of you. The affected target can add your Dark Knowledge die to any saving throw they make against that creature’s abilities until the beginning of your next turn.
Foe: As a bonus action on your turn, you can add your Dark Knowledge die to the damage of one successful attack roll you make against that creature within 1 round.

Different creature types generally fall under different types of skill checks as listed here:

Arcana: aberrations, constructs, dragons, and elementals
History: fey, giants, and humanoids
Nature: beasts, monstrosities, oozes, and plants
Religion: celestials, fiends, and undead

As you gain levels, you gain additional options for this feature.

It's basically like a bigger / more flexible Bardic Inspiration that requires a bit more investment from the character. Triggering the feature as a bonus action could work, but then you can't really do anything with it on its first turn. As a counter-point, I included Concentration and an action requirement to justify it not actually using resources, so you can gain this feature all day. I'm open to suggestions on how to change it, but it does need to remain distinct from other class's features.