PDA

View Full Version : AOO feats that give options in combat

Nosta
2016-05-30, 05:22 PM
so I am trying to find feats that allow you to do other stuff instead of making An Aoo when an Aoo is triggered

I do know of Evasive Reflexes that allow one to take a five foot step when an Aoo is triggered

but I was wondering if the people here new of any other feats that allow any other actions or such when An Aoo is triggered.

Nando
2016-05-30, 05:27 PM
Stand Still is another classic, preventing your foes from leaving threatened squares.

OldTrees1
2016-05-30, 05:27 PM
I am unaware of anything beyond Standstill, Evasive Reflexes, attacks, and things that replace attacks(trip, sunder, disarm) that can be used via an AoO.

The good news, although not relevant to your question, is that "on hit"/"if hits" effects can expand the options that "attack" gives.

StreamOfTheSky
2016-05-31, 12:05 AM
I am unaware of anything beyond Standstill, Evasive Reflexes, attacks, and things that replace attacks(trip, sunder, disarm) that can be used via an AoO.

The good news, although not relevant to your question, is that "on hit"/"if hits" effects can expand the options that "attack" gives.

There's also Stormguard Warrior, to forgo the AoO and get a bonus against the foe on your next turn.

But yeah, the trick is usually just chaining stuff off of attacking in general. You can grapple as an attack for example (or take Scorpion's Grasp feat or get Imp. Grab special attack)...if someone was trying to get away from you, that would ruin his day...
If you have reach and care more about playing keep away, feats like Knockback and Large and in Charge are nice on AoOs.
Improved Trip lets you stop them in their tracks and with Curling Wave Strike, you can use someone else triggering an AoO to punish another enemy who didn't even do anything! :smallbiggrin:

Thurbane
2016-05-31, 12:13 AM
Sidestep (Miniatures Handbook): bonus 5ft step (above the normal 1 per round) after making an AoO.

The reqs are pretty hefty, but you can pick it up as a bonus feat with 2 levels of the Tactical Soldier PrC.

Divide by Zero
2016-05-31, 12:16 AM
Aside from Evasive Reflexes, pretty much everything you do on an AoO is an attack of some sort (it's an attack of opportunity, after all).

You know, if you combined all of your questions about this character into one thread, you'd probably get more useful help.

Ruethgar
2016-05-31, 08:19 PM
The Parry feat line is one of my favorites, from Dragon 293 I think? It lets you attack, burning an AoO, to prevent a melee attack. Feat intensive though, I would go with the article's suggestion of making the first feat an automatic combat maneuver like Trip and Bull Rush.

daremetoidareyo
2016-05-31, 11:11 PM
active shield defense (PHB2): no penalty on AOOs when fighting defensively (as if anyone does that)
Hold the line (CW): AOOs on charging folks