PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pickpocketer Gestault

Triskavanski
2016-05-30, 06:54 PM
I've got a friend who's going to be running a solo campaign for me. And in that campaign I'm playing a Phantom Thief Cat Burgler Catfolk Unchained Rogue. The game is gestalt, and I'll be focusing on using slight of hand quite a bit to pick pockets.

Its a bit of a higher powered game, and some of the things I'd want to do with slight of hand are going to take quite a bit of stuff to do. Things like the Gamers where someone steals the pants off someone while they're sitting down.

At the Current Moment I'm thinking Archaeologist Bard | PTCBUR as I get a lot of different skill things from that, magic, will saves and lucky stuff. But is there anything better? Any feats that I should look out for? I know there is one from Ultimate Intrigue where I can steal from someone as I walk past them ill be wanting.

Honest Tiefling
2016-05-30, 07:34 PM
Until your skills are legendary, there are going to be some embarrassing moments where you are caught red-handed. Unless the bard truly aids in the pick pocketing, how do you intend to get out of this sticky situation?

If you intend to be the charismatic rogue type, may I suggest leadership? If you are into the RP side of things it'll give you an NPC the DM can flesh out with you. If you are not, you have gained a partner to make into a distraction. In fact, I wonder how a Cohort Bard will do, given that it makes thematic sense in the way that they can Aid Another in bluff checks and have distracting performances.

Triskavanski
2016-05-30, 08:18 PM
Well, the bard is able to help in pick pocketing, and trap working. If I'm going to pick a pocket, I could pick a pocket with a luck bonus from the archaeologist's luck. Also get spells that could give me bonuses probably.

Geddy2112
2016-05-30, 08:27 PM
You need the fast fingers archetype (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/rogue/rogue-talents/paizo---rogue-talents/fast-fingers-ex) for this kind of build. Also, skill focus(sleight of hand) is worth looking into, to raw max sleight of hand.

avr
2016-05-31, 07:50 AM
Inspiration (investigator) can be a bigger bonus than archaeologist luck, or there's a mesmerist ability (one of the stares IIRC) which penalises the target's perception, which is very like buffing your sleight of hand.