PDA

View Full Version : Eberron books?

Dragonmuncher
2007-06-27, 02:37 PM
Are they any good? Is it enough to just own the setting book to understand them, or would I need to sniff out the other Eberron-specific books, as well?

Sereneprophet
2007-06-27, 02:56 PM
If you mean the novels? I like them. I have every one released so far save for the Inquisitive Series, and while they are not entirely original or best seller material, I love em. I like the stories, I like the pacing, they keep my interest.

Only thing i've noticed lately is some more obvious...typo errors. But regardless I still like em. They don't have that superpowered epicness of Forgotten Realms novels. They are a little darker, a little deadlier, etc.

Overall I'd recommend trying The Dragon Below trilogy or the Wartorn Books, which are a set, but each book is a different "adventure" and they were all very good.

You dont need a huge understanding of the Eberron universe, some of the books give you a bit of info in the back in a glossary type form, so that can help, but it does help to have a little more knowledge. They do a fairly good job explaining things though.

Thats my little shpeel on this.

Sundog
2007-06-27, 09:43 PM
I just finished the Dreaming Dark trilogy by Keith Baker. Well written, and an interesting story. Give quite a bit of informaton about the setting, brings it to life quite well.