PDA

View Full Version : Death note finally over [possible spoilers]

Zeku
2007-06-27, 04:25 PM
What a great series this was! The emotional and mental impact was strong.

I'm not sure it had what I would call a shark-jumping moment, but halfway through it became something noticably different. What matters is that both halves were really good.

If I could have changed one thing I would have more completely developed the central characters. Many of the most interesting characters, such as Ryuk and Misa, simply stopped appearing very often. Matsuda is the only one who seems have been changed at all by his experiences.

The ending was a little different from the manga, but that was welcome and expected.

FdL
2007-06-27, 07:59 PM
Do I smell spoilers? If you ruin this for me I'm going to write your name in a heavy tome and beat you to death with it.

I mean it. So put the freaking spoiler tag in the title.

Zeku
2007-06-27, 08:05 PM
There is nothing that even vaguely resembles a spoiler in my post. In fact, it was crafted with great care specifically to that end.

How else do you propose to discuss it? The best I can do is a few abstracts and some positive comments. I have no desperate need to do so, I simply noticed that there was no post about it here.

FdL
2007-06-27, 09:13 PM
I'm just asking for you to put "[possible spoilers]" tag in the thread title. That way you'll have more freedom to discuss the series to the extent you prefer without ruining it for those who have not finished watching/reading it.

For what you have posted I consider you are giving away plot developments. Nothing too detailed, but it's there.

Xilehxt
2007-06-28, 01:08 AM
I'm just glad that Light didn't demonstrate how to swim on bare ground. I might like the anime ending better, although the anime was over for me the moment L died and Light made the new world...(or that's what I tell myself... the anime could have ruled if they went with an alternate ending where Light wins)

SITB
2007-06-28, 02:48 AM
the anime could have ruled if they went with an alternate ending where Light wins)

Quoted For Damn Truth!

As soon as I saw the end of episode 36 I thought "There's no 'effing way that the series is going to end and I wouldn't feel cheated out of Light's win"

Many of the most interesting characters, such as Ryuk and Misa,

Misa was never intresting and got more then enough screen time as it was.
//Misa-hater

All in all I really that story, but "And with strange aeons even deathnote may end".

Aston
2007-06-28, 06:06 AM
How many episodes is it then?

Dispozition
2007-06-28, 06:33 AM
I'm just glad that Light didn't demonstrate how to swim on bare ground. I might like the anime ending better, although the anime was over for me the moment L died and Light made the new world...(or that's what I tell myself... the anime could have ruled if they went with an alternate ending where Light wins)

See...I ****ing read that...I'm actually really pissed off now...*sigh*

I'll probably forget it by the time the fricken' series finishes downloading and I finally finish reading the manga...

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-28, 07:36 AM
I really loved this series. Though the Fansubbing group that I was getting it from was told to stop. Silly me, I should have looked for episodes anyways.

And it turns out only two more episodes got made after that.

But, ending. It was a bit unsatisfying. Which is probably intentional.

Still great series with lots of great characters.

bluish_wolf
2007-07-07, 12:04 PM
How many episodes is it then?

37, not counting the promo, movie, or anything to that effect.

Eldpollard
2007-07-14, 11:31 AM
I've just finished watching it. It was quite a good series.

I wish they hadn't have killed off L though. I really liked his character.