PDA

View Full Version : Help Name This 80's TV Show

Damionte
2007-06-27, 04:49 PM
Heya Gang,

I need help. I am trying for the life of me to remember the names of two TV shows from the 80's but just can't get it. I'm hoping if I describe them to you someone out there may know what I'm talking about.

1st show was about a teenaged super agent of soem kind. I remember the name peanut being someone in the title. or peanut butter or soemthing like that. was like Peanut then like the guys last name or soemthign lke that.

2nd show was a group of teenaged detectives, that solved crime from thier garage or something like that. I wanna say it was called Wiz Kids but I'm not really sure. They may have even had minor super powers. It's been a long time so the details are scetchy in my mind.

These were not cartoons. They were live action shows during the 80's. Also i remember them being on closer to prime time. They were not really kids shows aimed at kids. More like teen esq shows that came on much later.

Any help from the older folks out there would be handy.

Kitya
2007-06-27, 09:44 PM
The second show almost sounds like The Three Detectives, but I don't know if there was ever a show about them. A ton of books... but if there was a show, it didn't reach Canada when I was a kid.

Lucky
2007-06-27, 09:53 PM
2nd one sounds like Encyclopedia Brown, which I didn't know was ever a TV show until I looked it up (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096576/) 30 seconds ago. Can't help you with the first one.

lrigwoc
2007-06-28, 12:27 AM
Aha, I can post!

The first is Adventures of Bean Baxter.

that was so 3rd grade!

Damionte
2007-06-28, 12:35 AM
Was definately not Encyclopedia Brown. I distinctly remember those as I gew up on those books from schoolastic. I also didn't know they made a TV show on that series until this morning when I was browsing around you tube.

Ahh thank you for that first title. "The New Adventures Of bean baxter. 1987. Ok yes now I remember that. Hmm it only lastrer one season.

Still can't remember the name of the show with the dective teens with powers.

Lucky
2007-06-28, 12:46 AM
With a bit of google-fu, I think I have unearthed the second. You were almost right, it was Whiz Kids. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085110/) Missed the H. :smalltongue:

Indon
2007-06-28, 03:22 PM
2nd show was a group of teenaged detectives, that solved crime from thier garage or something like that. I wanna say it was called Wiz Kids but I'm not really sure. They may have even had minor super powers. It's been a long time so the details are scetchy in my mind.

Could you be thinking about "Ghostwriter"? It was a show about a group of teenaged detectives who were assisted by a ghost who wrote cryptic messages to them, or somesuch.