PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun Corporate Nations: IC

Gunther
2016-06-01, 04:30 AM
OOC Thread: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?489740-Shadowrun-Corporate-Nations-OOC-Recruitment)

The year is 2048.

Welcome to the 6th Age.

Dragons fly through the skies. Cybernetic enhanced super-soldiers commit criminal acts for money. Mages vie with Shamans about the nature of Magic. Those without a legal identification, which is a far greater number than most suspect, refer to the average Corporate worker as a 'Wage Slave'. Those who work in the Corporations look down on those who do not, out of contempt for those who stand against society and civilization.

Leading this world are the Megacorporations. Vast economic entities that touch every area of the world at every level. Each Megacorporation is a nation unto it'self. Due to legal decisions handed down decades ago, the land they own is their own and their own laws apply. Like with nations, permission to enter their soil has to be granted unless you wish to be arrested and charged by the nation in question.

It is one of these Megacorporations that you lead. From the 'Honest American' Ares Macrotechnology, to the vast Saeder-Krupp, ruled over by the Greater Dragon Lofwyr in his nest in Germany, to the Japanese Coroporations that control so much of the world.

By hook or by crook. Through blackmail, betrayal, ruthless dealings, merciless fortune making or even by inheritance, you are now the leader of one of the most powerful factions on the planet. Even major nations have to consider your reactions when they set their policies.

Now you lead a Magacorporation. You have a responsibility to keep the profit flowing. To maintain the share price and take the market for your own.

This is the IC thread for Corporate Nations.
In here, is where I, as the GM, will be putting up the public knowledge information. Expect to see bits of Shadowtalk as well as announcements made by Megacorporations, general news and major events.

Yes, players can post here. They are expected to post here. When your company has a major announcement, has an event you are spinning, or is leaking information, here is where it is put up. Shadow Talk is also welcome.

KEEP IN MIND! Metagaming will not be tolerated. Referring to things that haven't happened yet will earn penalties. Any Non-Player who wishes to make Shadowtalk is welcome, but keep in mind you are a guest to this thread, not a player. I fully expect you to behave, not spam and keep to the themes of Shadowrun. I am perfectly happy to ask people who are getting out-of-hand to leave the thread.

As a Shadowtalk example:
Aztechnology has announced today that as of March 15, its new Spindle Space Facility will go into operation. This bold new venture by the world's leader in Magical consumables has been long awaited as they further research into the use of Magic outside the biosphere. A practice that has been impossible and soon, Aztechnology plans to make available to it's customers.
>> We all know that it's impossible to cast Magic outside the Biosphere. This is because of the Mana Warping that occurs. So the question then comes, what are they really up to and what are they trying to accomplish? Anyone? - Silver Streak (18:32-12:1:2047)
>>If they have found a way to utilize magic outside the Biosphere, the methodology will be highly unnatural by design. What effect would this have on the minds and souls of the test subjects and where do they get them from? - Green Mage (03:11-13:1:2047)
>>Be afraid of what they will find. Be very afraid. - Laughing Man (Ha! Fragging Ha!)

Players are expected to post a brief Corporate Profile of the CEO of their Megacorporation. This will be a brief Bio on the person that is leading the company, often put into the best possible light.

I will also be putting up 'Events' mid-turn, when they come along. These will need to be resolved or dealt with in some way before the end of the turn because of their urgent nature.

Aside from that, the main thing to remember is that I will be issuing a Date by which your turn reports are due. This means you have to have your report in by this time or miss out on doing anything that turn. The Time and Date will be East Coast, US time. (New York to be precise). It's easy enough to check up on time differences in this day and age, so the onus is on the players to get it right. Maybe even send things in a day early, to be safe!

Gunther
2016-06-01, 04:42 AM
NEWS POST

The world of business has undergone a massive shift of late.

The Shiawase Family, led by the firm hand of Shinji Shiawase has erupted into open warfare with each other. The most powerful family in the world, whom control the privately owned Shiawase Corporation has had its infighting explode into assassinations, betrayals and some rather effective framing. As a result, the powerful family has seen its numbers halve as bitter generational feuds, personal rivalries, and collateral damage finally took off in an uncontrolled orgy of destruction. Patriach Shinji is rumoured to have laid down the law and forced the violence to halt, however, as the dust settles an unexpected result has occurred. For once, it's paid off to be a neutral in family feuds as a minor member of the family, Mokato Shiawase has, through inheritence, found herself the largest share holder by a significant margin. With this previously minor family member taking the reigns of the Shiawase Corporation the direction it is going to be led in remains a mystery.

>> Guess there is something to be said for 9mm Retirment packages - Ghost-Shot
>>What is interesting is that Sadato was the one to kick it off. Everyone knows how much he hates Sako and he framed her husband for treason. The fuel-air bomb in retaliation was disproportional, though. Looks to me like Sadato was making a bid for control of the corp and kicked over an ants nest. - Oni Observer
>> I wonder how the other Jap Corps will take this. A relative unknown at the helm of the Flagship of Jap Corps. - Kitsune
>> Shiawase has other problems they are only just finding out - Corp Watcher
>> They have other problems. Look below. - Fastjack

Mitsuhama Computer Technologies has seen it's share price dive after a complete unknown took over. No one knows how he managed to grab so much of the stock in the 'rumoured to be' Yakuza controlled Megacorporation, but he has. What this will mean for the computer giant, is unknown.

>> Hope he has his Bodyguard team well paid. I can't see DocWagon picking him up when the Boss' come after him - Flipchart
>> The Yak's never forgive and never forget. This is going to be interesting if he manages to cut their strings away. Of course, he could be a Yak himself. I've certainly never heard of him before. - Slidewinder

Damien Knight, ruthless businessman and the power behind the world famous Nanosecond Buyout has been hit with what looks to be a variation of just that. An unknown businessman has, apparently, come to usurp Knight's control of his pride and joy -- becoming the single largest stock holder in Ares. There's no word on how Leonard Aurelius is taking this, and Ares is reeling as a corporation with the Americas watching closely to see how this pans out.

>> Is it just me, or is there a certain poetic justice in this? - Flambe Mushroom
>> There is no way Knight will let this rest. He takes things like this personally. He doesn't show it, but he does. I should know - Fastjack
>> Sometimes, fresh blood can do a Corporation good. Even if that results in fresher blood running in the streets. - The Big D

Fuchi Industrial Economics, to most it is the end word in Matrix technology. Also the first. However, they have undergone a slight management change. No one is talking, but apparently Richard Villiers, one of the big forces in the company, has somehow lost some of his shares, leaving him the second biggest share holder. To top it off, he lost control of JRJ International to Fuchi itself. Meaning he no longer has sole control of the Corporate Court seat. To top it off, he lost the Board Seat and there is someone new in the big chair. Interestingly, this has driven Fuchi's share price up by 2%. One might think that there was a lack of confidence in Villiers. Possibly due to him not being Japanese.

>> You think Knight holds a grudge? Villiers is the sort to drop a briefcase nuke in someone's office and go on holidays with a smile on his face if he is insulted. This? I have no explanation for how this happened - Corp Watcher
>> I blame Gambling. He always bluffs on a full house. - Cardshark
>> Yeah, losing that much, plus that much control. Thats tens of billions in assets gone, plus the Court Seat. That one is big because it was his ace in the hole. Until today he could have left and joined any corp in the world as the Chairman, because he would automatically put them on the Corporate Court. Now? He's a has-been and he knows it. - ShockJock
>>Especially since the guy replacing him is, apparently, a pretty quick riser. Villiers might try digging in to see what he can pull out. Not a bad idea to do in general, really, given the new crop. - P2Pirate

Yamatetsu Corporation went through a massive dust up not three years ago resulting in them beginning to tread back towards being a generic Jap-Corp. However, they had a complete unknown on their board who looked like a schoolgirl from Okinawa named Buttercup. Two months ago, they had another dust up. Shares changed hands like you wouldn't believe, people died, fortunes were made and lost and now we have a complete unknown as the senior stock holder and chairman. Mystery Woman Buttercup has already signaled her intention to vote with the Chair, giving him almost unilateral control of the company. Share prices are starting to slide downwards as investors wonder what side of the Metahumanity fence he will come down on.
>> So, does anyone know who Buttercup really is? - Inferno
>> No, and you wouldn't believe how many people are looking. - Eyespy
>> Seriously, how does someone's background remain hidden under that level of examination? - El Humbre
>> Wrong question. What you should be asking is, where does one go to have their identity utterly wiped, their face fully reconstucted without a single scar or mark, her fingerprints changed and DNA altered enough to not show up on a database. - Investigator Prime
>> I'm sure Buttercup has every full faith and confidence in this newcomer. I'm curious why she's so adamant. - The Big D

The Arcology currently being built by Renraku Computer systems was thought to be the biggest news for the company for the next decade. They have sunk over twenty billion into it so far and analysts aren't even trying to guess the top end. Apparently they are having to invent entire new Matrix Assist programs to even consider keeping it running. Let alone the developments in construction technologies they have had to invent and implement, often on the fly. However, they have yet another chairman. So long as he doesnt mess things around too much, the share price should remain solid, but the Arcology is still drawing nervous looks. On the other hand, as a symbol of economic power, it's about as good as it gets.
>> Yeah, a Cat Shaman buddy of mine refuses to even go near that place. Says it's got bad juju or something
>> Thats just mystic mumbo jumbo. Tell your buddy to learn some real magic and then try going near the place. - Lightning Mage

Aztechnology is still reeling from the utter smack-down issued to it by the Corporate Court, along with the other Megacorps. For those not in the know, a few months ago, Aztlan passed a law declaring the nationalization of all foreign owned assets in Aztlan. Then, to top it off, they began selling off the assets at bargain basement prices to Aztechnology. The final cherry on the cake was when the matter was raised in the Corporate Court, Aztechnology used their Veto power to shut down any retribution for them breaking and flaunting the Corporate Law that the Court enforces.
Well, long story short, the other Megacorps did not take it laying down and after some actions (detailed here) Aztechnology has had to hand over some serious cash and assets to every affected AAA rated corp and has to re-build rather large chunks of it's military forces. Over all, no one is significantly out of pocket (Except Aztechnology) but the battle lines have been drawn. Analysts expect Denver and Seattle to be the big war-zones as corps send runner teams out for retribution in the form of data and demolition.

>> Damn straight, my team and I just got back from hitting a facility in Texas. I gotta say, their troops are looking a mite stressed. - The Lone Texan
>> Be careful when you do hit them. Their security has gone up to a war footing and it turns out, all that mystic bullcrap they sell? End result is a horde of some rather gnarly-looking spirits trying to eat your face. - Hammerfist
>> Not content with trying to screw over the other Megacorps, Aztlan (likely at the orders of the Azzies, we all know who is really in charge) is making some heavy-handed overtures to the rest of Central America. Now that the Panama Canal has been declared Corporate Court owned neutral territory, they are pushing hard to expand their borders without butting into CAS or UCAS turf. CalFree better watch out - Freebird

>> Is it just me, or has SK been too quiet lately? - Slammer
>> That's because Lofwyr is up to something. He is ALWAYS up to something - Dragonslayer
>> You are just being paranoid. On the other hand, why is SK one of the only two corps NOT to have replaced their CEO in the past two months? I mean, not that anything could take Big and Orange and Terrifying, but seriously. Six corps in two months? How the hell does that happen? - Indent
>> A good question. One worth looking into. - The Question
>>Agreed. - The Big D

Falgorn
2016-06-01, 09:42 AM
Ares Macrotechnology
Corporate Profile: Jason Alexopolous
In these United States, men and women from humble origins have always risen from the ranks to accomplish great things. Your new CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board, Dr. Jason Alexopolous, is no different. He was born in Detroit to two Greek immigrants, living in one of the poorest neighborhoods in the city. Adding to his hardships, Jason goblinized into a troll at age 14. However, he worked, undeterred, towards a higher goal. During long nights of stress and pain, he gazed to the stars.

From a combination of hard work, grit, and a scholarship provided by the Aurelius Foundation, Alexopolous received his PhD in Aersopace Engineering. Even this wasn't enough for him - he had even higher goals. Jason worked with AresSpace, first as an engineer, then as a project manager, rising quickly from rank to rank, until he was Vice President of AresSpace. He credits this to luck, a testament to his humility, but all of us at Ares know that he made it so far because of his exceptional management skills and his ability to speak to people. Jason is, above all, likeable and hardworking. The rest of us employees can only hope to be half the man this troll is.

dash931
2016-06-01, 01:35 PM
NEWS POST

The world of business has undergone a massive shift of late.

>> Is it just me, or has SK been too quiet lately? - Slammer
>> That's because Lofwyr is up to something. He is ALWAYS up to something - Dragonslayer
>> You are just being paranoid. On the other hand, why is SK one of the only two corps NOT to have replaced their CEO in the past two months? I mean, not that anything could take Big and Orange and Terrifying, but seriously. Six corps in two months? How the hell does that happen? - Indent
>> A good question. One worth looking into. - The Question
>>Agreed. - The Big D
>> So, we talking some sort of collusion? Yeah, spouting 'Conspiracy!' at everything is bull****. But when you've got a lot of big, weird stuff going on at once, it's either longshot coincidence or connected somehow. And nobody gets far believing in longshot coincidence. - Shmup Flyer

Ares Macrotechnology
In these United States, men and women from humble origins have always risen from the ranks to accomplish great things. Your new CEO, President, and Chairman of the Board, Dr. Jason Alexopolous, is no different. He was born in Detroit to two Greek immigrants, living in one of the poorest neighborhoods in the city. Adding to his hardships, Jason goblinized into a troll at age 14. However, he worked, undeterred, towards a higher goal. During long nights of stress and pain, he gazed to the stars.

From a combination of hard work, grit, and a scholarship provided by the Aurelius Foundation, Alexopolous received his PhD in Aersopace Engineering. Even this wasn't enough for him - he had even higher goals. Jason worked with AresSpace, first as an engineer, then as a project manager, rising quickly from rank to rank, until he was Vice President of AresSpace. He credits this to luck, a testament to his humility, but all of us at Ares know that he made it so far because of his exceptional management skills and his ability to speak to people. Jason is, above all, likeable and hardworking. The rest of us employees can only hope to be half the man this troll is.
>> A troll. As a CEO. Really? First metahuman CEO. That's going to get some attention. And little of it good. - Shmup Flyer
>> At least he isn't running a Japcorp. They'd be lining up to see how many knives in the back it'd take for him to die then. - Honor Heavy

Keeper Of Storm
2016-06-01, 04:43 PM
>> You kidding? A Founder just picked up a Troll as its CEO. The Japcorps and Japan are going to be furious. Wonder how Yama's new guy will react? - Daggers Wild

sagamer
2016-06-01, 05:41 PM
NEWS POST

Mitsuhama Computer Technologies has seen it's share price dive after a complete unknown took over. No one knows how he managed to grab so much of the stock in the 'rumoured to be' Yakuza controlled Megacorporation, but he has. What this will mean for the computer giant, is unknown.

>> Hope he has his Bodyguard team well paid. I can't see DocWagon picking him up when the Boss' come after him - Flipchart
>> The Yak's never forgive and never forget. This is going to be interesting if he manages to cut their strings away. Of course, he could be a Yak himself. I've certainly never heard of him before. - Slidewinder

Press Release
Mitsuhama Computer Technologies announce an exciting new change in leadership. The new administration is poised to take the company in a new direction. A spokesman for the corporate giant announced, "management changes will allow Mitsuhama to explore new avenues for growth." The spokeman went on to state that Mitsuhama would look to develop "partnerships with other interests, particularly businesses, universities, colleges as well as the public sector to deliver its ambition to create a million new jobs and generate billions in additional revenue over the next financial year." The spokeman would not be drawn questions regarding the identity and background of the new CEO, stating merely that "the Chairman had the full and unequivocal support of the Board"

>> This new guy must be a Yak, no way he would have that level of support otherwise. Unless the whole corp has been beheaded, now THAT would be interesting! - Tacchidog
>> 'new direction', 'new avenues', what the ... does that mean? One things for sure though, these guys are looking to grow. Investment ops coming up. - Vedette66

dash931
2016-06-01, 07:24 PM
Press Release
Mitsuhama Computer Technologies announce an exciting new change in leadership. The new administration is poised to take the company in a new direction. A spokesman for the corporate giant announced, "management changes will allow Mitsuhama to explore new avenues for growth." The spokeman went on to state that Mitsuhama would look to develop "partnerships with other interests, particularly businesses, universities, colleges as well as the public sector to deliver its ambition to create a million new jobs and generate billions in additional revenue over the next financial year." The spokeman would not be drawn questions regarding the identity and background of the new CEO, stating merely that "the Chairman had the full and unequivocal support of the Board"

>> This new guy must be a Yak, no way he would have that level of support otherwise. Unless the whole corp has been beheaded, now THAT would be interesting! - Tacchidog
>> 'new direction', 'new avenues', what the ... does that mean? One things for sure though, these guys are looking to grow. Investment ops coming up. - Vedette66
>> Don't be so sure of him being Yakuza. There's friction between corporate and their Yakuza "masters." Possible he secured support some other way. Still, anyone got some pics of the guy? If he's sporting ink then yeah, that's a blatant declaration of allegiance. - Shmup Flyer
>> It's standard corporate buzzwords. White noise. When you get down to it, they haven't actually said anything at all or released any new information. I mean, do we even have a name on the guy? Stockholders have to be nervous. - Honor Heavy

Novabomb
2016-06-01, 08:58 PM
Fuchi Industrial Economics
CEO Corporate Profile: Setsuna Shima
Bloodtype: A
Hailing from humble Iga province, raised by a family of cloth makers Setsuna Shima grew up knowing the importance of good customer service. He graduated from the prestigious Fukishima Academy with Honors, and decided to travel abroad to learn about the many flavors of the Metahumanic Condition. He obtained a Bachelor of Software Engineering from Waterloo University, and a Masters of Buisness from Cacora. He was lead design and developer for the popular game "End of Days" and became the Head of the Gaming Division at the young age of 28. After bringing the Gaming Devision to new heights, he now plans to raise up the entire company.

Any given piece of information in the Bio may or maynot be true, but if anything is false, someone has done a really good job of covering it.

Happerry
2016-06-01, 09:01 PM
Press Release
Renraku Computer Systems is pleased to announce that their new CEO, Shinji Ikari, has been sworn in by the board as of last evening, and assures all stock holders that despite the recent spat of sabotage and other terrorist incidents, perhaps caused by competitors being out competed in the bussness world, the company will be continuing on as profitably as normal.

In honor of those who have fallen in this troubled past month, the company will be holding a charity dinner and auction at...

>> 'recent spat of sabotage and other terrorist incidents', that's a nice way of brushing over how many senior management figures came down with death of 'natural causes' this past month. - NotACorporateSpy
>> Well, for senior management, bullet wounds are natural causes, right? - TheHazardousOne

Gunther
2016-06-01, 09:44 PM
Ares Macrotechnology

>> So, we talking some sort of collusion? Yeah, spouting 'Conspiracy!' at everything is bull****. But when you've got a lot of big, weird stuff going on at once, it's either longshot coincidence or connected somehow. And nobody gets far believing in longshot coincidence. - Shmup Flyer

>> A troll. As a CEO. Really? First metahuman CEO. That's going to get some attention. And little of it good. - Shmup Flyer
>> At least he isn't running a Japcorp. They'd be lining up to see how many knives in the back it'd take for him to die then. - Honor Heavy

>> I'd be laughing if I wasn't terrified at what Damien Knight and Aurelius are going to do to this guy. I hope he has good bodyguards. And a lot of cars he isn't afraid of seeing blown up. -SamuraiDataJack
>> You may be laughing now, but apparently he's a real whizz when it comes to making friends. Word has it that the entire reason that he even got the CEO seat was because he convinced some hidden backer to hitch their horses to his wagon. -UCowboy
>> I wonder who would stand to benefit from orchestrating the first ever Metahuman CEO in world history. Mystifying. - The Big D
>> You know something, don't you? - P2Pirate
>> Only that there is no spoon. - The Big D

>> You kidding? A Founder just picked up a Troll as its CEO. The Japcorps and Japan are going to be furious. Wonder how Yama's new guy will react? - Daggers Wild
>> Ares isn't a Japcorp. I'm willing to give this guy a chance. Have you listened to some of his speeches? - Trixie
>> Word has it that the Japcorps are at least a little leery of picking up a fight with Ares Macrotechnology. Thorshots make the world go 'round. - FastJack

Press Release

>>An anonymous CEO? Oh, what I'd give to be in that shareholders' meeting. - FireNFun
>>I was. The world's going in an interesting direction, but I'm not spilling more without nuyen to back it up. - CorpWatcher

>> Don't be so sure of him being Yakuza. There's friction between corporate and their Yakuza "masters." Possible he secured support some other way. Still, anyone got some pics of the guy? If he's sporting ink then yeah, that's a blatant declaration of allegiance. - Shmup Flyer
>> It's standard corporate buzzwords. White noise. When you get down to it, they haven't actually said anything at all or released any new information. I mean, do we even have a name on the guy? Stockholders have to be nervous. - Honor Heavy

>>Roses are red. Yamatetsu's stock is red. The streets are gonna be red. - PaintByBullets
>>Hyperbole on PBB's part. Mitsuhama's stock, like that of a lot of corps, is wiggling a bit. Looks a bit lie a Richter Scale, honestly; the needle's not shooting too far forward or back, but as time goes on this could change. - StockBoy
>>I think it's kinda slick, truth be told. Nobody can target you if you aren't seen. Plus, speculation leaves a lot of people guessing about their true identity even if it's a regular PR piece. It might cost some nuyen on the stocks, but they'll be a bit safer. -StoogeSniper
>>Costing nuyen on the stocks is the opposite of being safer. -P2Pirate

Hailing from humble Iga province, raised by a family of cloth makers Setsuna Shima grew up knowing the importance of good customer service. He graduated from the prestigious Fukishima Academy with Honors, and decided to travel abroad to learn about the many flavors of the Metahumanic Condition. He obtained a Bachelor of Software Engineering from Waterloo University, and a Masters of Buisness from Cacora. He was lead design and developer for the popular game "End of Days" and became the Head of the Gaming Division at the young age of 28. After bringing the Gaming Devision to new heights, he now plans to raise up the entire company.

Any given piece of information in the Bio may or maynot be true, but if anything is false, someone has done a really good job of covering it.

>>Bloodtype's a nice touch. Japcorps love when someone with the 'right' blood takes charge. Seems like someone that knows how to finagle their new seat. -P2Pirate
>>We'll see. He ticked off Villiers, so he can't be that slick. -StoogeSniper
>>Villiers is dangerous, but we have no idea about this guy. Could be just as much a handful. -P2Pirate
>>Wanna bet? I've got a platinum credstick that he's dead within a month. -StoogeSniper
>>If any gambling's going on, I get 10%. -FastJack

Press Release
Renraku Computer Systems is pleased to announce that their new CEO, Shinji Ikari, has been sworn in by the board as of last evening, and assures all stock holders that despite the recent spat of sabotage and other terrorist incidents, perhaps caused by competitors being out competed in the bussness world, the company will be continuing on as profitably as normal.

In honor of those who have fallen in this troubled past month, the company will be holding a charity dinner and auction at...

>> 'recent spat of sabotage and other terrorist incidents', that's a nice way of brushing over how many senior management figures came down with death of 'natural causes' this past month. - NotACorporateSpy
>> Well, for senior management, bullet wounds are natural causes, right? - TheHazardousOne

>>This guy's not the most subtle when it comes to sending a message, but he's made it loud and clear. I feel sorry for whoever ends up trying to screw him over. -CorpWatcher
>>That kind of maneuvering lacks finesse. If he does that stuff on the international markets, SK, Ares, and MCT will eat him alive. - ImaDeckU
>>Sometimes a soft voice and a big stick can make all the difference. - The Big D

Happerry
2016-06-01, 10:00 PM
>>This guy's not the most subtle when it comes to sending a message, but he's made it loud and clear. I feel sorry for whoever ends up trying to screw him over. -CorpWatcher
>>That kind of maneuvering lacks finesse. If he does that stuff on the international markets, SK, Ares, and MCT will eat him alive. - ImaDeckU
>>Sometimes a soft voice and a big stick can make all the difference. - The Big D
>>Wait, wait, Guys he was on vacation when this started. Surely he wasn't involved, right? Right? - TheHazardousOne
>>More seriously, considering that from what I dug up he missed the main bloodbath because someone's attempt to off him stranded him instead, I don't think he actually started this mess. He did finish it though. - NotACorporateSpy

dash931
2016-06-02, 01:36 AM

>> This guy jumped from making video games to replacing Villers in the big man's chair? Now that's just odd. Sounds like a proxy for the real power players. Somebody nice and expendable to make Villers waste his time fighting. - Shmup Flyer

>>Bloodtype's a nice touch. Japcorps love when someone with the 'right' blood takes charge. Seems like someone that knows how to finagle their new seat. -P2Pirate
>>We'll see. He ticked off Villiers, so he can't be that slick. -StoogeSniper
>>Villiers is dangerous, but we have no idea about this guy. Could be just as much a handful. -P2Pirate
>>Wanna bet? I've got a platinum credstick that he's dead within a month. -StoogeSniper
>>If any gambling's going on, I get 10%. -FastJack

>> I'm up for that bet. My money says he bites it between years two and four. - Honor Heavy

Press Release

>> This guy seriously making public references to how the shadows work? ImaDeckU is right, he needs to work on his subtlety. - Shmup Flyer

sagamer
2016-06-02, 03:50 AM
>>An anonymous CEO? Oh, what I'd give to be in that shareholders' meeting. - FireNFun
>>I was. The world's going in an interesting direction, but I'm not spilling more without nuyen to back it up. - CorpWatcher
>>Roses are red. Yamatetsu's stock is red. The streets are gonna be red. - PaintByBullets
>>Hyperbole on PBB's part. Yamatetsu's stock, like that of a lot of corps, is wiggling a bit. Looks a bit lie a Richter Scale, honestly; the needle's not shooting too far forward or back, but as time goes on this could change. - StockBoy
>>I think it's kinda slick, truth be told. Nobody can target you if you aren't seen. Plus, speculation leaves a lot of people guessing about their true identity even if it's a regular PR piece. It might cost some nuyen on the stocks, but they'll be a bit safer. -StoogeSniper
>>Costing nuyen on the stocks is the opposite of being safer. -P2Pirate

>>Mitsuhama PR is pumping out posters showing the new CEO and putting them up all over their offices with the tagline 'The Chairman protects you, The Chairman watches you'. - Vedette66
>> That picture could be anyone. Has anybody seen this guy? - Tacchidog
>> I don't care. If that's him on the poster, he looks tough ... and cute - Rockergirl
>> Sure seems to have Mitsu staff in a spin though, never seen 'em so focused - Bizguy

dash931
2016-06-02, 01:05 PM
>> Alright, I dug up a bit on the new Shiawase CEO. Here's what you all get for free:

Shiawase Makoto, CEO of Shiawase Corporation. Japanese citizen, female, aged 27. Got some college age pictures too.

From the genealogy I can look up, she was pretty far out from the main line of inheritance working management in MIFD (that's Shiawase's pet intel division, for you newbies). But when every drekking person above you either gets dead or gets out of the way? You inherit anyway.

Here's the interesting bit. She's married, or was, to one Shiawase Jun. Even had a kid, a couple years back. They've got obituaries around the same time she took medical leave. Collateral damage from the civil war from the looks of it.

Anyone want to know the rest of the details I've got, contact me over a secure line. And have your credstick ready, only the first hit is free. - Shmup Flyer

>> Half finished wetworks job turns CEO of the flagship megacorp. Somebody's got to be sweating. - Heavy Honor
>> If I were in her shoes, I'd be out for blood. As is, anyone's guess what her game is. I sell info but I buy too, and I'm trying to figure out how of her ascension was happenstance and how much was design. Again, contact me over a secure line if you've got anything. - Shmup Flyer

Keeper Of Storm
2016-06-02, 07:32 PM
>> Alright, I dug up a bit on the new Shiawase CEO. Here's what you all get for free:

Shiawase Makoto, CEO of Shiawase Corporation. Japanese citizen, female, aged 27. Got some college age pictures too.

From the genealogy I can look up, she was pretty far out from the main line of inheritance working management in MIFD (that's Shiawase's pet intel division, for you newbies). But when every drekking person above you either gets dead or gets out of the way? You inherit anyway.

Here's the interesting bit. She's married, or was, to one Shiawase Jun. Even had a kid, a couple years back. They've got obituaries around the same time she took medical leave. Collateral damage from the civil war from the looks of it.

Anyone want to know the rest of the details I've got, contact me over a secure line. And have your credstick ready, only the first hit is free. - Shmup Flyer

>> Half finished wetworks job turns CEO of the flagship megacorp. Somebody's got to be sweating. - Heavy Honor
>> If I were in her shoes, I'd be out for blood. As is, anyone's guess what her game is. I sell info but I buy too, and I'm trying to figure out how of her ascension was happenstance and how much was design. Again, contact me over a secure line if you've got anything. - Shmup Flyer
>>So; competent -have to be if you survive working management for MIFD-, hot, single, and with a grudge? Wow, I'd hate to be in her line of fire. - Daggers Wild
>>Cool it Daggers. Shmup, how 'bout a trade? I'll match you with a bio on this new guy in Yama. Equivalent exchange and all that, so here's a teaser:

Adrian Umbra, CEO of Yamatetsu. 28, Japanese Citizen, former Mid-level Manager for their Military R&D.

He's a nobody. Like, seriously, there is no rhyme or reason for him picking up the amount of shares he did. And then Wonder Girl herself backs him almost unconditionally? It's nuts. Though, I did find a few interesting things regarding his Citizenship. Single, no family, not even a dog. Go figure. - ChaosInciter

dash931
2016-06-03, 03:20 AM
>>So; competent -have to be if you survive working management for MIFD-, hot, single, and with a grudge? Wow, I'd hate to be in her line of fire. - Daggers Wild
>>Cool it Daggers. Shmup, how 'bout a trade? I'll match you with a bio on this new guy in Yama. Equivalent exchange and all that, so here's a teaser:

Adrian Umbra, CEO of Yamatetsu. 28, Japanese Citizen, former Mid-level Manager for their Military R&D.

He's a nobody. Like, seriously, there is no rhyme or reason for him picking up the amount of shares he did. And then Wonder Girl herself backs him almost unconditionally? It's nuts. Though, I did find a few interesting things regarding his Citizenship. Single, no family, not even a dog. Go figure. - ChaosInciter
>> No deal. I don't do trades unless I know the other guy is good for it, and then only for hot topics. Still interested in buying, but only hard info, not negative space or speculation. I can get the later on my own. - Shmup Flyer
>> Sounds like a ghost anyway. Spit out from wherever Buttercup came from, just with a cookie cutter paper trail. Because we needed another mystery man CEO. - Shmup Flyer
>> I don't know about hot. Pics are out of date and what's the term over there in Japan? Christmas cake? - Jackknifed
>> You want to call the CEO of a Triple A that, you go ahead. Sounds fun to watch, but only from a safe distance - Shmup Flyer
>> I'd pay money to see that. - Honor Heavy

Keeper Of Storm
2016-06-05, 07:40 AM
>> No deal. I don't do trades unless I know the other guy is good for it, and then only for hot topics. Still interested in buying, but only hard info, not negative space or speculation. I can get the later on my own. - Shmup Flyer
>> Sounds like a ghost anyway. Spit out from wherever Buttercup came from, just with a cookie cutter paper trail. Because we needed another mystery man CEO. - Shmup Flyer
>> I don't know about hot. Pics are out of date and what's the term over there in Japan? Christmas cake? - Jackknifed
>> You want to call the CEO of a Triple A that, you go ahead. Sounds fun to watch, but only from a safe distance - Shmup Flyer
>> I'd pay money to see that. - Honor Heavy
>>You're not the only one! Though if you're going to do it Jack, give me warning first? The video will make a killing. -Daggers Wild