PDA

View Full Version : "Short rest guy"

Spacehamster
2016-06-01, 10:47 AM
So idea popped into my dome of a guy who's abilities mostly recharge on a short rest. And here he is: Gronk Fiendblade, half orc race and starting with 1 level fighter for heavy armor + CON save, in the end he will be 12 fiend bladelock, 4 champion and 4 spell less hunter ranger. His spells, action surge and superiority die all recharge on a short rest so he should always have some resources at the end of the day. Prob best as polearm master in melee, using darkness and devils sight combo.

Is this viable or am I cray cray?

RulesJD
2016-06-01, 12:25 PM
You really just built a Warlock, which is a short rest chassis already. You could do the same thing by saying I build a straight Monk/Swashbuckler Rogue, etc.

Spacehamster
2016-06-01, 12:31 PM
You really just built a Warlock, which is a short rest chassis already. You could do the same thing by saying I build a straight Monk/Swashbuckler Rogue, etc.

Straight Warlock does not have action surge or superiority die last time I checked. ;p
The idea were to "put some more short rest into your short rest while you short rest" so to speak. :)

Ruslan
2016-06-01, 12:42 PM
12 fiend bladelock, 4 champion and 4 spell less hunter rangerI find your lack of Battlemaster disturbing.

Spacehamster
2016-06-01, 12:49 PM
I find your lack of Battlemaster disturbing.

Yeah thought hit me after I posted that replacing champ with BM and ranger with assassin would be much better and less mad. :)

RulesJD
2016-06-01, 12:55 PM
Warlock/Battle Master/Monk. Use Quarterstaff + Shillelagh (Pact of Tome) in one hand to get Dueling Fighting style. Hex to benefit from Monk's multiple hits.

Still not sure why you would want to do that, but there you go.