PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Post-Sundering Order of Blue Flame

Millstone85
2016-06-01, 01:09 PM
Okay so I played in a 4e campaign that ended with the return of Mystra. That campaign will soon get a 5e sequel. It wasn't quite the canon Sundering but the Spellplague is gone and I suppose that Abeir and Toril will have reclaimed all their respective pieces.

The campaign also ended with my character securing a portal for her Far Realm patron, somewhere south of Ormpetarr. The idea was to give scar pilgrims a new exotic and dangerous magic to seek in place of the one that just disappeared. Hopefully, the Order of Blue Flame would embrace the change instead of disbanding, thus providing plenty of organization and reputation to the project.

Yes, it is in all likeliness a ZK-class reality-failure scenario in the making. The patron might be lying about only desiring to study the Great Wheel. The very nature of the Far Realm might destroy everything regardless of any intentions. Even if it somehow doesn't all go to Xoriat, the scar pilgrimages will probably be no less horrific than before. It is also very possible that I will soon receive from my DM an email saying "Ten years ago, you fled as adventurers sealed the portal" or something like that.

I regret nothing. :smalltongue:
What I want to ask here, just for inspiration, is if there is any canon information regarding the Order of Blue Flame during and after the Sundering. Alternatively, how do you think the Order reacted to the disappearance of the blue fire it is named after?

BigONotation
2016-06-01, 03:40 PM
I don't recall them being mentioned at all, that said, you're best off asking over at http://forum.candlekeep.com/