PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a 3rd party class: Lion's Dens Fiend Blade

Yogibear41
2016-06-01, 08:49 PM
Has anyone ever played or seen this class used in action? I recently stumbled across it and found it pretty interesting. Wanted to know if anyone has ever actually seen it used or has any thoughts/advice on it.

Can pick it up here if you are interested or are just curious.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/3818/Lions-Den-Press-Classes-of-Legend-The-Fiendblade?manufacturers_id=808&it=1

Yogibear41
2016-06-05, 03:33 AM
Guess there are no thoughts to be hand :smallfrown:

Novawurmson
2016-06-05, 06:20 AM
Hadn't heard of it before. Going by the review on the site:

The Fiendblade gets full BAB, D10 HD and the ability to summon fiendish allies, like a Summon Monster spell (as a spell). They are restricted to a certain number of HD summoned per day and further by a limited amount of HD worth of creatures summoned at any one time. They also gain a few dice of sneak attack, the ability to smite outsiders and a few other tricks. Mechanically It seems balanced with other combat and combat/spell casting hybrid classes.

Sounds like an another person's take on the antipaladin.

Pluto!
2016-06-05, 09:40 AM
I remember reading through that class like a decade ago. I remember it having a clunky but exploitable-seeming summoning mechanic with a generic bad melee fighter framework.

There were a few classes in that product line that I remember being pretty solidly designed - an alternate Cleric also by Ari Marmell - but that's the only one I ever used, and it was about 10 years ago. I do generally like things the author's done (Cityscape including web enhancement, Complete Mage, Shadowcaster, Tome of Artifacts), so it might be worth a shot.