PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psionic Healer/Buffer Build Advice

Thurbane
2016-06-01, 10:27 PM
hey all,

Looking for a basic and easy to run psionic NPC build. Level 8.

I want it's primary focus to be on buffing and healing.

Now I'm a total novice at understanding psionics, so the fewer sources it uses, the better. All from the SRD would be ideal, or maybe SRD + whichever the most appropriate splat book is.

Also, I'd like race to be a fairly common one, like Human or Dwarf.

Again, emphasis on this character being as "user friendly" to run as possible please.

Cheers - T

Yogibear41
2016-06-01, 11:46 PM
If you want to heal and be Psionic I can't think of a better prestige class than the Sangehirn

Here it is:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c

In fact I'm pretty sure that unless you just want to heal yourself you have to take this class. Psion entry will probably be your best bet, or maybe ardent. Can't remember if Ardent from Complete Psionic has heal as a class skill or not, but I know one of the Psion specializations does.

Divide by Zero
2016-06-01, 11:52 PM
Unfortunately, combat healing with psionics is even more inefficient than with spells, and most of their good buffs are personal (I assume you meant buffs for the party). Start with Share Pain+Vigor (make sure to get your psicrystal in on it too), but I'm not sure how much more you could do. They're much better at blasting and debuffing, or melee damage for a psychic warrior.

darkdragoon
2016-06-02, 12:45 AM
Ardent has the Life mantle but not much else as far as healing.

Thurbane
2016-06-02, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the advice so far.

Yeah, I must admit, in my ignorance of psionics, I kind of just assumed the Ardent functioned pretty much like a Cleric.

KillingAScarab
2016-06-02, 01:01 PM
If you want to heal and be Psionic I can't think of a better prestige class than the Sangehirn

Here it is:
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625c

In fact I'm pretty sure that unless you just want to heal yourself you have to take this class. Psion entry will probably be your best bet, or maybe ardent. Can't remember if Ardent from Complete Psionic has heal as a class skill or not, but I know one of the Psion specializations does.Ardent does have heal as a class skill.

So, that prestige class can actually just straight-up heal people, in a psionics-only campaign? However, not until 9th level.

Manyasone
2016-06-02, 03:05 PM
If pathfinder DSP is allowed... Can't go wrong with a vitalist

Thurbane
2016-06-02, 10:50 PM
Ardent does have heal as a class skill.

So, that prestige class can actually just straight-up heal people, in a psionics-only campaign? However, not until 9th level.

Cool...might shoot for 9th then.

If pathfinder DSP is allowed... Can't go wrong with a vitalist

Thanks for the suggestion, but we don't use any PC materials in our 3.x games (we have a totally separate PF game on the backburner)

Vizzerdrix
2016-06-02, 10:57 PM
Psionic characters have create alchemy, yes? If so then maybe making healing salve may be of help.