PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Known Spell Cleric

Senjou
2016-06-02, 02:31 AM
Sorry for the stupid question, first time approaching the cleric after a wizard and a fighter. I would like to know: how many spell can a Cleric know at first level from Cleric list? And how many does he get when he levels up?

Thank you very much

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-02, 02:34 AM
A cleric (or a druid or paladin) already knows all the spells on their list. They can prepare anything they like (up to the usual limit of Wis mod + cleric level). Oh, and domain spells. They're always prepared and don't count against the limit.

djreynolds
2016-06-02, 02:39 AM
Sorry for the stupid question, first time approaching the cleric after a wizard and a fighter. I would like to know: how many spell can a Cleric know at first level from Cleric list? And how many does he get when he levels up?

Thank you very much

No big deal. You know 2 domain spells up to 5th level spells that you need not prepare, such as life cleric knows bless and cure wounds at 1st level. Then you take your level plus wisdom modifier, say +3 for a 16, so you could prepare 4 spells in addition to the 2 known spells at 1st but you only have 2 spell slots per long rest. So its the same as the wizard in preparing spells, except you get the domain spells at 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th level.

Senjou
2016-06-02, 02:42 AM
I know about preparing spell. The only problem I had that wizard had either to find a new spell book or stuck with their spell list forever xD

djreynolds
2016-06-02, 02:48 AM
I know about preparing spell. The only problem I had that wizard had either to find a new spell book or stuck with their spell list forever xD

That's why when I play a wizard, my whole gaming focus is all about looking everywhere for spells until the DM caves in or sends out the hounds.

I would go to every place in a village and ask around for spell scrolls, and force the party to "pony up" gold. I was like an addict.

The cleric list is huge, but it lacks the variety a wizard could possibly accumulate over time.

Ninja_Prawn
2016-06-02, 02:49 AM

Hey, at least a wizard can add to their spellbook! Sorcerers, warlocks, bards and rangers can't even do that!

Senjou
2016-06-02, 03:29 AM
I know. Last time I had went around in an hobgoblin controlled city to ask HOBGOBLIN for new spells...

djreynolds
2016-06-02, 04:52 AM
Inflict wounds is great. 3d10 based on melee spell attack. Ditch the mace, when you want to pack a punch.

Healing word, arguably better than cure wounds.

Spiritual weapon

Guidance and sacred flame, which I love because the DM has to roll and it can be used in melee.

Spirit guardians is too good.

And everyone loves bless.