PDA

View Full Version : Eidolon w/ Two Claws and Bite ... but now FOUR attacks allowed.

timoteo
2016-06-02, 07:16 AM
So I have reached level 4 with my Eidolon which allows for 4 attacks per round. However I only have three natural attacks (claws and bite). So, does this mean:

a) I still can only do three attacks (i.e. claw, claw, bite) per round until I add another natural attack; or
b) I can do four attacks total, reusing one of the natural weapons (e.g. claw,claw,bite,claw or claw,claw,bite,bite, etc.)

I'm thinking it is probably (a), but just wanted clarification.

Also, while I'm at it, just remembered ... I will be adding Trample (I think) as well, and it is not completely clear (surprise-surprise) how this works. It would appear that I could trample more than one foe based on the wording, but do I have to be charging to another foe? Or can I just pick a spot behind them (up to my movement range of course) and all those, in a straight line (I assume) will fall under the tramples mechanics?

Thanks a ton!

-Tim

Florian
2016-06-02, 07:29 AM
Only the number of attacks you have actually equipped it with.

Psyren
2016-06-02, 07:32 AM
(a) is correct. That entry is maximum attacks; it won't give you more attacks on its own (i.e. you must take more attack evolutions to actually use them.)

As for trample, yes it can affect multiple foes if you aim it correctly.

timoteo
2016-06-04, 04:17 PM
Thanks very much too you all!

Take care,
Tim

GreyBlack
2016-06-05, 02:20 PM
The rules on natural weapons are rather clear. You may make one attack per round with each of your natural weapons at your highest base attack per round (or at a -5 penalty if performed as a secondary attack). So, if your BAB is +11/+5/+1 and you only have 2 claw attacks, you would make 2 claw attacks at +11 each. With a bite, you would have 3 attacks at +11 each. However, at BAB +16/+11/+6/+1, you would still only have 3 attacks, now with each at +16. It's a tradeoff, but worth it imho for certain builds.