PDA

View Full Version : Crazy, but Fun Builds (Effective Not Required)

RickAllison
2016-06-02, 12:25 PM
This is just a fun thread to post some ridiculous builds that may or may not succeed in some way. Here is one to start with:

Spinning Spider Saw
Battlemaster Fighter 12/Moon Druid 2/Long Death Monk 6
Ghost wise halfling, or one of the Underdark races.

The basic strategy of this build is transforming into a female strider, leaping into battle, and making a series of unarmed attacks in transit. He normally will make 4 attacks, but his signature Spinning Saw maneuver has him using Action Surge with his second Extra Attack and Flurry of Blows to attack once with each leg.

Is it effective? Maybe, but probably not. I find it entertaining to imagine a giant spider spinning like a top as an attack.

Oramac
2016-06-02, 03:11 PM
I find it entertaining to imagine a giant spider spinning like a top as an attack.

That would be hilarious!

===================

I still like the idea of the Naked Barbarian. He wears literally nothing, takes the Tavern Brawler and Grappler feats, and wrestles dragons to the ground.

All while totally naked.

smcmike
2016-06-02, 03:38 PM
Sir Rollsalot

Halfling Battlemaster 9/wild magic sorcerer 6/diviner 2/lore bard 3. Feats - lucky, sentinel, war caster, mage slayer, shield master.

The basic concept of this build is to annoy everyone at the table by triggering a reaction any time anything happens, and also just rolling lots of dice. Bonus points if you are really indecisive and/or unorganized.

MrFahrenheit
2016-06-02, 03:42 PM
One of my players is about to bring in a naked barbarian...with a battle axe and shield though. Focusing on maxing out con, dex and str (in more or less that order).

I often prefer to go for fun. Ex: half elf paladin 2 (defensive fighting style)/conjurer 18 with polearm mastery and sentinel. Int is minimum for the MC (13) - his strategy is to summon stuff and then attack from the second line, smiting whenever he lands a hit with lower level slots.

Sillybird99
2016-06-02, 03:51 PM
Bullseye the master thrower

Don't have the the whole build planned out but it's a combination of thief rogue and battlemaster fighter. Take tavern brawler and sharpshooter. You can throw basically anything for 1d4 +10+ sneak attack dice.

Fast hands let's you accomplish more as you can maybe break off a table leg as a bonus action or light an oil flask etc.

Battle master gives you more weapon proficiencis and enables "trick shot" like maneuvers. You overshot the target with your first molatov? Pushing attack could put him right back into it.

Or you can do what bullseye did in the daredevil movie and kill a lady with a peanut.

Rysto
2016-06-02, 03:52 PM
Monk 17/Rogue 1/Paladin 2

As a bonus action, cast Divine Favour, then uses your action to attack with a shortsword. On a hit, smite, and you do 1d10+2d8+1d6+1d4 damage.

I've been playing with builds to try and get a d12 in there. Battle Master 10 would allow you to attack with a Greataxe and use a d10 superiority die, so that's something to build on. You could still take Paladin levels to get a smite for the d8, and then Divine Favour for the d4, but I haven't figured out how to get the d6 back (you can't sneak attack with a Greataxe, after all)

pdpi
2016-06-02, 04:00 PM
I haven't figured out how to get the d6 back (you can't sneak attack with a Greataxe, after all)

Throw in a level of Warlock for Hex?

Rysto
2016-06-02, 04:01 PM
Divine Favour is already using up your concentration, unfortunately.

Sillybird99
2016-06-02, 04:06 PM
Monk 17/Rogue 1/Paladin 2

As a bonus action, cast Divine Favour, then uses your action to attack with a shortsword. On a hit, smite, and you do 1d10+2d8+1d6+1d4 damage.

I've been playing with builds to try and get a d12 in there. Battle Master 10 would allow you to attack with a Greataxe and use a d10 superiority die, so that's something to build on. You could still take Paladin levels to get a smite for the d8, and then Divine Favour for the d4, but I haven't figured out how to get the d6 back (you can't sneak attack with a Greataxe, after all)

If only PAM worked with a lance....

famousringo
2016-06-03, 12:42 AM
A gnomish beastmaster with a giant frog mount. With Jump spell, can leap 30 feet straight up and auto-grapple a flier on a hit, bringing it crashing down. Can also jump clear across the battlefield and swallow other gnomes.

How does it work if your jump distance exceeds your speed? Are you limited to 30 feet? Can you dash before jumping and get 60?

In a similar vein, somebody posted a suplex build that used Goliath plus barbarian carrying capacity, grappling prowess, and monk slow fall to leap and smash the grapplee into the ground every round.

RyumaruMG
2016-06-03, 01:49 AM
In a similar vein, somebody posted a suplex build that used Goliath plus barbarian carrying capacity, grappling prowess, and monk slow fall to leap and smash the grapplee into the ground every round.

Awesome suplexes: train not required!

Inevitability
2016-06-03, 03:36 AM
There's the good old thief rogue with a healer's kit, which I had a lot of fun playing.

I also like the idea of using changeling to turn into a animal-form-lycanthrope (technically, those are still humanoids) and be a boar wielding a rapier.

Professor Gnoll
2016-06-03, 04:44 AM
Bard 1/Elk Totem Barbarian 3+/Monk 5+.
Cast Jump on yourself. Rage. Run up, grapple opponent, and then use Step of the Wind, utilising your stacked bonuses to jump about 60+ft into the air, landing and dealing a large amount of damage that ignores AC, using Slow Fall to protect yourself.
There's a lot of other ways to make it even more effective, to the point where it can actually become a viable damage dealer. For example, getting your hands on the Boots of Striding and Springing just makes it hilarious.
Build name: Luchador.

TheFlyingCleric
2016-06-03, 07:00 AM
A warhorse can carry up to 540 lb

Halflings weigh (on average) 40 lb each

Lances weigh 6 lb each

Hence, a single Paladin steed can carry 10 halflings, each with the dual-wielder feat, each carrying two lances, and all of them shouting at the top of their lungs: POOORCUPIIIIIIIINE!

Waffle_Iron
2016-06-03, 08:47 AM
Bard 1/Elk Totem Barbarian 3+/Monk 5+.
Cast Jump on yourself. Rage. Run up, grapple opponent, and then use Step of the Wind, utilising your stacked bonuses to jump about 60+ft into the air, landing and dealing a large amount of damage that ignores AC, using Slow Fall to protect yourself.
There's a lot of other ways to make it even more effective, to the point where it can actually become a viable damage dealer. For example, getting your hands on the Boots of Striding and Springing just makes it hilarious.
Build name: Luchador.

Bard requires charisma. You could go Druid, which has the same wisdom requirement as the monk, and fits the nature theme of the barbarian.

tieren
2016-06-03, 09:49 AM
ranger 1/cleric(knowledge) 1/warlock 2/rogue(assassin) 6/bard(lore) 10 - Half-Elf with skilled feat, heavily armored feat and acolyte background.

Literally proficient in every skill, with expertise in 10, and proficient in all weapons and armors, the disguise kit, the poisoners kit, thieves tools and 7 languages.

Use some scaling cantrip as your damage dealer and won't be a total gimp.

[edit: actually that yields an extra skill proficiency with no selections left to make, you could change the background to one that would only give a single skill and a different tool proficiency]

TheTeaMustFlow
2016-06-03, 01:02 PM
Archmage Reacty McNope.

Wizard (Any type but Abjurer or Bladesinger would be best) of at least 17th level with the Polearm Master, Sentinel and War Caster feats.

Reacty's main schtick is turning into a Marilith demon and exploiting the Reactive trait (Mariliths can make one reaction on every turn in combat) for all it's worth - spamming Shield and Parry for all they're worth, counterspelling everything, and using opportunity attacks/War Caster to screw over anyone that gets near her.

deer princess
2016-06-03, 05:30 PM
My idea is making a mage that uses mage hand,telekinesis and lots of ropes and making a snake charmer type of character

using ropes as an extension to do things , like a puppeteer

maybe slap some poisoned spikes on it , bombs , or even swords

trip enemies,pick pockets all kinds of mischievery

hmm

Sillybird99
2016-06-03, 07:35 PM
My idea is making a mage that uses mage hand,telekinesis and lots of ropes and making a snake charmer type of character

using ropes as an extension to do things , like a puppeteer

maybe slap some poisoned spikes on it , bombs , or even swords

trip enemies,pick pockets all kinds of mischievery

hmm

Haha animate objects with a bunch of ropes could be interesting

Naanomi
2016-06-03, 08:14 PM
Not terribly complex, but Im a big fan of a Ranger/Hunter taking magic initiate for Shillelagh and/or Magic Stone and being wisdom-based combat (make best use of that garbage capstone!) and be the ultimate tracker

Rhynear
2016-06-06, 01:33 PM
Monk 14/Paladin 6

Proficiency and Charisma to all saves!

famousringo
2016-06-06, 03:02 PM
Perhaps not particularly crazy, but I'd like to play a barbarian/bladelock at some point. Fluff-wise, the barbarian rage is a manifestation of being the host of a demonic possession. Crunch-wise, it's about the synergy between Armor of Agathys and damage resistance. Focus is on instantaneous, non-concentration, and utility spells and invocations to be used between rages.

gfishfunk
2016-06-06, 03:07 PM
Grok the Barbarian Wizard

Though being the perfect subject for a barbarian, Grok was chosen (perhaps unwisely) to be the tribe's wizard. After his tribe was wiped out by a rival wizard. Grok seeks vengeance, and will refuse to give up his spellbook for anything. He chooses to believe he was chosen for the role, all evidence aside.

Autocon
2016-06-06, 06:54 PM
Berserker Barbarian
Assuming point buy, at level one: 15 Str, 12 Dex, 15 Con, 13 Int, 8 Wis, 8 Cha (before mods)
Variant human, +1 Str, +1 Con
Feat (from v human): Observant (+1 Int)
Cloistered Scholar background (SCAG)
Prof (2 barbarian, 1 v human, 2 background): Arcana, Athletics, History, Intimidation, Perception
Start with Greatsword, standard barbarian gear, cloistered scholar gear (Dewey Decimal for Dummies book :smallamused:)
ASI/Feats as you level: Str +2, Con +2, Linguist (Int +1), Keen Mind (Int +1), GWM or Str +2, and not necessarily in that order

Totally unoptimized, but hilariously fun out of combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZHoHaAYHq8

Inevitability
2016-06-07, 12:59 AM
Haha animate objects with a bunch of ropes could be interesting

I have had necromancers use Animate Objects with skulls more than once.

Uneasy Goat
2016-06-07, 02:08 AM
One word. Bard-barian.

dev6500
2016-06-08, 02:33 AM
Ok here is a fun build although I am unsure about effectiveness.

Lore bard 6 with magic initiate for find familiar while magical secrets nets you find steed and flame blade.

You now have a cool familiar animal that scouts for you (I pick a hawk) and with your cool steed alongside you, you can use disguise self and flame blade to turn him into the horse equivalent of zoro while he swings a flame blade held in his teeth.

If you wish to later optimize then you can go 1 level of undying light warlock to buff your fire damage with the flame blade.

2016-06-08, 03:16 AM
Variant Human (Skilled feat) Rogue 1/Knowledge Cleric 1/Warlock 2/Lore Bard 3 with whatever background you prefer and the Beguiling Influence invocation. Boom: just 7th level, and proficiency in all 18 skills, with expertise in 6 of them. Plus, you're a 5th lvl multiclass caster with some Warlock slots recharging on a short rest!

Upping this build to 20 can get you another 4 expertise skills; I recommend getting an Ioun Stone of Mastery and a Luckstone for this build, if you can manage it.

Vogonjeltz
2016-06-08, 10:40 AM
A warhorse can carry up to 540 lb

Halflings weigh (on average) 40 lb each

Lances weigh 6 lb each

Hence, a single Paladin steed can carry 10 halflings, each with the dual-wielder feat, each carrying two lances, and all of them shouting at the top of their lungs: POOORCUPIIIIIIIINE!

Space considerations can be more important than weight considerations.

Only one small creature (halfling sized) can occupy a given 5 foot space. i.e. Only one halfling can mount a creature effectively. Now, the other 9 could probably be jammed into dufflebags and MAYBE tied to the sides of the horse, provided of course they aren't simply taking up too much space, but they'd be incapable of fighting.

gfishfunk
2016-06-08, 10:48 AM

Only one small creature (halfling sized) can occupy a given 5 foot space. i.e. Only one halfling can mount a creature effectively. Now, the other 9 could probably be jammed into dufflebags and MAYBE tied to the sides of the horse, provided of course they aren't simply taking up too much space, but they'd be incapable of fighting.

YES! Halfling saddlebags!

< <
~-0-0- Horse head = ~, Riders = 0, Harnessed Halflings = <
< <

I can see six halflings effectively riding the horse: two on each side, one at the helm (facing forward), and one facing backwards on the saddle.

WMO?
2016-06-08, 12:33 PM
I have a fun starting build I haven't tried yet, named Abraxas the Clown. He's an Abjurer Wizard 2/Fighter 2 and he carries a kazoo and a maul (i.e. gag-sized clown hammer).

RickAllison
2016-06-08, 02:26 PM

But a horse is a Large creature, meaning it has 10' by 10'! So four halflings is not exactly uncalled-for :smallbiggrin: Let the mass-poking begin!

Joe the Rat
2016-06-08, 05:10 PM
YES! Halfling saddlebags!

< <
~-0-0- Horse head = ~, Riders = 0, Harnessed Halflings = <
< <

I can see six halflings effectively riding the horse: two on each side, one at the helm (facing forward), and one facing backwards on the saddle.
On the last one: Switch out the lances and dw for a hand crossbow and crossbow master. He's the tail gunner.

Oh lord, now I need to find a way to work Wyvern-taming Gnomes and Halflings into my game world.

Naanomi
2016-06-08, 06:10 PM
Lightfoot Halflings too; all hiding 'behind' the horse they are riding?

Azedenkae
2016-06-08, 07:46 PM
Lol you guys crack me up. XD Love all those crazy grapple/jump/check builds. Anything that deals damage in odd ways appeal to me.

Crazy smiting paladin multiclasser is awesome too. So is that Lucky Halfling + other things. Always fun to have an indecisive/not-planning-ahead player with lot's of choices. Takes forever. I am glad in my parties the slow ones are the Champion Fighters, Berserker Barbarians, and all those.

Here's my contribution:

'I MUST ALWAYS GO FIRST'

Human Variant (Feat: Alert)
Class: Swashbuckler Rogue 3.

Say with a standard array with 15 in Dex and Cha (16 each with the added racial stat bonus), you have +11 initiative (dex: 3, cha: 3, alert: 5). So your minimum initiative is effectively 12, at level 3. If you roll a 10 or 11, that's already 21/22, more than what most can achieve, even with high rolls.

The added benefit is not being able to be surprised, so long as you are conscious. Even if it's one of those situations where you are in a dark cave and a gisnt spider or whatever drops down on you or whatever. Yes, even in complete darkness, without any form of darkvision. You just can't be surprised while conscious. And the fact that you probably can go first means that you could light a torch or something and attack the enemy, even if the enemy was supposed to ambush you. Quite fun when you think about it. Spidey senses! Would make a great Spiderman.

Later on you can go for at least Bard 2, which adds half your proficiency to your initiative. At Rogue 13/Bard 4 or something similar, and assuming you've taken Dex and Cha for all your ASI, you'd have 20 Dex and Cha. So you'd be at max initiative bonus, which is +18 (dex: 5, cha: 5, alert: 5, prof: 3). So minimum initiative roll of 19. Maximum of 38. Average of 28.5. XD

Also if you can fit at least 7 levels of barbarian in there somewhere, you also get advantage on initiative rolls. So literally you only have a 1% chance of a score of 20 or less. That increases to a 12.25% chance of a score of 25 or less. Also translates to a 87.75% chance of rolling 26 or higher. XD Of course this would require a Str of at least 13, which may cause issues. May.

Bard is actually a good choice, as going Valor grants shield proficiency and stuff, plus eventually extra attack, which is great. I found playing Swashbuckler, that going dualwielding is not that great. You do lose out on a higher AC, enough to gimp you as a melee player (yes, even with auto-disengage post-attack). I'd much rather a shield, and having an extra attack. The extra attack really is not that useful, aside from giving another chance for the sneak attack to proc, if the first one missed. Otherwise it's like 'yus, I dealt 25 damage, now I will deal... 5'.

Anyways not the best build, but certainly fun to go first. And saved our party more than once, when we needed to get the heck out of an area and we HAD to go first or most likely die.

RickAllison
2016-06-08, 08:12 PM
Lol you guys crack me up. XD Love all those crazy grapple/jump/check builds. Anything that deals damage in odd ways appeal to me.

Crazy smiting paladin multiclasser is awesome too. So is that Lucky Halfling + other things. Always fun to have an indecisive/not-planning-ahead player with lot's of choices. Takes forever. I am glad in my parties the slow ones are the Champion Fighters, Berserker Barbarians, and all those.

Here's my contribution:

'I MUST ALWAYS GO FIRST'

Human Variant (Feat: Alert)
Class: Swashbuckler Rogue 3.

Say with a standard array with 15 in Dex and Cha (16 each with the added racial stat bonus), you have +11 initiative (dex: 3, cha: 3, alert: 5). So your minimum initiative is effectively 12, at level 3. If you roll a 10 or 11, that's already 21/22, more than what most can achieve, even with high rolls.

The added benefit is not being able to be surprised, so long as you are conscious. Even if it's one of those situations where you are in a dark cave and a gisnt spider or whatever drops down on you or whatever. Yes, even in complete darkness, without any form of darkvision. You just can't be surprised while conscious. And the fact that you probably can go first means that you could light a torch or something and attack the enemy, even if the enemy was supposed to ambush you. Quite fun when you think about it. Spidey senses! Would make a great Spiderman.

Later on you can go for at least Bard 2, which adds half your proficiency to your initiative. At Rogue 13/Bard 4 or something similar, and assuming you've taken Dex and Cha for all your ASI, you'd have 20 Dex and Cha. So you'd be at max initiative bonus, which is +18 (dex: 5, cha: 5, alert: 5, prof: 3). So minimum initiative roll of 19. Maximum of 38. Average of 28.5. XD

Also if you can fit at least 7 levels of barbarian in there somewhere, you also get advantage on initiative rolls. So literally you only have a 1% chance of a score of 20 or less. That increases to a 12.25% chance of a score of 25 or less. Also translates to a 87.75% chance of rolling 26 or higher. XD Of course this would require a Str of at least 13, which may cause issues. May.

Bard is actually a good choice, as going Valor grants shield proficiency and stuff, plus eventually extra attack, which is great. I found playing Swashbuckler, that going dualwielding is not that great. You do lose out on a higher AC, enough to gimp you as a melee player (yes, even with auto-disengage post-attack). I'd much rather a shield, and having an extra attack. The extra attack really is not that useful, aside from giving another chance for the sneak attack to proc, if the first one missed. Otherwise it's like 'yus, I dealt 25 damage, now I will deal... 5'.

Anyways not the best build, but certainly fun to go first. And saved our party more than once, when we needed to get the heck out of an area and we HAD to go first or most likely die.

Chiming in, Bard 3 already gives you Enhance Ability. Stick it on Dexterity and you then have advantage on initiative for an hour (concentration permitting). You can also grab Guidance for the rest of the time. So with Swashbuckler, Alert, Jack of All Trades, and those spells, he is looking at an initiative of 1d20+1d4+18 or 2d20d1+18. With Guidance, his absolute minimum roll (1 on d4 and d20) is the highest a commoner or other Dex 11 or less person can get. That would just be awesome.

Alternatively, go Lore Bard and use Magical Secrets to pick up Web and Spider Climb. Fulfill the whole Spider-Man shtick :smallwink:

Axorfett12
2016-06-08, 09:45 PM
I always thought it would be fun to play a mute forest gnome with a pet raven. The forest gnome racial ability lets you communicate simple ideas through sounds and gestures, and the Raven can speak things it has heard. So your bird speaks for you. Bonus points if you are a swashbuckler rogue, have a pet parrot, and call yourself "Mr. Cotton".

Along the same line of thought, I was stewing an idea for a ghostwise halfling urchin monk who had his mouth sewn shut by a rival gang. They got tired of his jabbering. Since he can only speak telepathically with one person at a time, he picks one person in the party and he only talks to them. Sort of an R2 and C3PO relathionship. Even better if you bring a pad of sticky notes to every game and pass everything you say to that player.

Belac93
2016-06-08, 10:27 PM
But a horse is a Large creature, meaning it has 10' by 10'! So four halflings is not exactly uncalled-for :smallbiggrin: Let the mass-poking begin!

I say a paladin for infinite steeds, fighter for extra toughness, cleric for close range healing, and rogue/sorcerer/evocation wizard for utility and damage.

Why don't we say...Lightfoot halfling paladin, forest/deep gnome eldritch knight, ghostwise cleric, and rock gnome evocation wizard.

Naanomi
2016-06-08, 11:58 PM
I had fun with a:
Sorcerer 1/Warlock 4/Sorcerer +3/Fighter 1/Rogue 3/Fighter +1/Warlock +7... Distant spell, expertise: intimidation/stealth, spell sniper

My answer to everything was eldritch blast, up to 4 times a round (16 auto-crit beams!) with lots of options and general utility... Took spellsniper to heart with great stealth and ridiculous range. It was a mess on paper but I had a great time

RickAllison
2016-06-09, 02:26 AM
The passive Perception thread made me think of a ridiculous, awesome, and not-terribly effective build.

Octo-ninja: Moon Druid 5/Rogue 1/Open Hand Monk 14.

The basic premise of this build was to make a crowd-control grappler. To that effect, we have Moon Druid providing access to the eight-tentacled and 15' reach Giant Octopus form as well as Enhance Ability for advantage, Rogue providing Expertise in Athletics, and Monk giving Extra Attack, AC, and Martial Arts.

Basic combat maneuvers would be using Tentacles to restrain a target, then proceed to wallop that restrained target with four attacks per turn while 15' away from him. If there are multiple people, Attack attacks would be used to grapple enemies at 15' while FoB knocked them prone. When the threats are trapped, he would move to one and start beating it down with unarmed attacks.

SaintRidley
2016-06-09, 03:22 AM
I absolutely intend to build a Beastmaster ranger around grappling and improvised weapons, using a wolf beast buddy. Favored improvised weapon of choice will involve making barbed wire and wrapping it around a torch, then setting it on fire. Character will use this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwXUxgszF0) as a theme song, as is entirely appropriate.

Knaight
2016-06-09, 03:51 AM

While this is somewhat sketchy, it's not explicitly disallowed. On top of that, elephants are available mounts, so you can get nine halflings on top of them.

As long as we're on the topic of somewhat sketchy mount rules, the necessary size gap is only one size. There's also nothing that explicitly says that a creature can't simultaneously be a mount and a rider.

An elephant has a carrying capacity of 1320 lbs. A halfling can be 40 pounds, which is under the mastiff carrying capacity of 195 pounds. Mastiff weights aren't listed anywhere, nor are horse weights. Military saddles are 30 pounds each, so as long as the combined mastiff and horse weights are under 1170 pounds, there can be a mount stack of a halfling riding a mastiff riding a horse riding an elephant.

On an unrelated note, Vicious Mockery doesn't have a somatic component, so grappling builds involving pinning two people to the ground then yelling at them until they die are technically functional.

Cespenar
2016-06-09, 04:10 AM
Get Storm Sorcerer 1 on a Paladin just so that you can fly up to 10 feet in the air when casting a smite spell, raise your sword to the sky, and then fall on your enemy as you bring down the broken paladin nova damage.

Home Alone build: Halfling Battlemaster/Rogue with Tavern Brawler. Use your maneuvers with thrown toys, and then bonus action to hide.

Oramac
2016-06-09, 01:33 PM
At Rogue 13/Bard 4 or something similar, and assuming you've taken Dex and Cha for all your ASI, you'd have 20 Dex and Cha. So you'd be at max initiative bonus, which is +18 (dex: 5, cha: 5, alert: 5, prof: 3).

At Rogue 13/Bard 4, you're character level 17, so your proficiency bonus is +6, not +3.

You're looking at a 17 minimum (1 on the die plus Dex/Cha/Prof).

Oramac
2016-06-09, 01:44 PM
The passive Perception thread made me think of a ridiculous, awesome, and not-terribly effective build.

The basic premise of this build was to make a crowd-control grappler. To that effect, we have Moon Druid providing access to the eight-tentacled and 15' reach Giant Octopus form as well as Enhance Ability for advantage, Rogue providing Expertise in Athletics, and Monk giving Extra Attack, AC, and Martial Arts.

Basic combat maneuvers would be using Tentacles to restrain a target, then proceed to wallop that restrained target with four attacks per turn while 15' away from him. If there are multiple people, Attack attacks would be used to grapple enemies at 15' while FoB knocked them prone. When the threats are trapped, he would move to one and start beating it down with unarmed attacks.

I played with a Moon Druid who did basically this, minus the Monk levels as we weren't that high level yet.

It is scary how effective it is, especially with a lot of melee characters in the group.

Waffle_Iron
2016-06-09, 02:23 PM

So, you can leave dex at 13 or 14, just enough for multi-classing, and focus on WIS, making sure to grab Shillelagh from druid. That way, even when you aren't in octo-form, you can still keep up with damage and attack rolls.

Variant human lets you grab magic initiate for vicious mockery, so you can scream at them while human, too.

N810
2016-06-09, 02:31 PM
Lawful-Good
Aroka
Sun-soul Monk

name:

Harvey Birdman !!!

Joe the Rat
2016-06-09, 11:14 PM
Lawful-Good
Aroka
Sun-soul Monk

name:

Harvey Birdman !!!
See if you can pick up Find Familiar or a few Beast Master levels...
...or a Druid sidekick. Purple Falcon's don't grow on trees, man.

Oh god now I want to do Space Ghost (Tomelock/Sorcerer: Flight, Invisibility, ALL THE RAYS!).

I love you people so much.

Cespenar
2016-06-10, 12:32 AM
Lawful-Good
Aroka
Sun-soul Monk

name:

Harvey Birdman !!!

Now, the real question is how to manage the "Attorney at Law" part. Custom background?

Naanomi
2016-06-10, 07:36 AM
Now, the real question is how to manage the "Attorney at Law" part. Custom background?
Lawyer... Persuasion and Insight? Or History and Investigation? (depending on law style)

Oramac
2016-06-10, 09:25 AM
Lawyer... Persuasion and Insight? Or History and Investigation? (depending on law style)

Off the top of my head in about 3 minutes.....

Lawyer Background:

Proficiencies: Persuasion; Insight (alternate: History; Investigation)

Tools: Caligrapher's Tools? (IDK here)

Equipment: Quality writing utensils; one set of fine clothes; and a belt pouch containing 25 gp

Feature: Studious Memory: You can always recall the local laws and customs of a given area, provided that you have heard of it before. If you have not heard of it, you always know where to go and who to talk to in order to find the proper laws and customs in an area.

Alternate Feature: Sleazy Lawyer: Same as the Criminal feature.