PDA

View Full Version : unusual bonus types in item crafting = fun

flamewolf393
2016-06-02, 01:40 PM
So in the item crafting rules it says you can use unusual bonus types for a 50% price increase. So I have a headband that gives me a +6 dodge bonus to Int? :D

On a more serious note. I made a headband of the godly mind. It requires being a TN human wizard to use but gives a +6 bonus of each enhancement, holy, profane, anarchic, and axiomatic. +30 Int for only 80k gold? Yes please.

Maxrim
2016-06-02, 02:24 PM
And if any GM lets you make that at their table, you can expect all their other players to be immune to damage and one shot every encounter.

Âmesang
2016-06-02, 02:54 PM
Pick of Destiny: +30 profane bonus to Perform (string instruments)

Malimar
2016-06-02, 02:59 PM
On a more serious note. I made a headband of the godly mind. It requires being a TN human wizard to use but gives a +6 bonus of each enhancement, holy, profane, anarchic, and axiomatic. +30 Int for only 80k gold? Yes please.

Anarchic and axiomatic aren't actually bonus types (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#modifierTypes), though. For some reason.

Vizzerdrix
2016-06-02, 04:54 PM
Anarchic and axiomatic aren't actually bonus types (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics.htm#modifierTypes), though. For some reason.

So does this mean we can make new bonus types? Can I have a groove bonus to dodge?:smallbiggrin:

Jormengand
2016-06-02, 05:03 PM
Other things the custom item rules let you do is create a sword that costs less than a regular one but gives you a free attack with every attack, create armour that never lets you leave maximum hit points, or make a weapon that, when so much as pointed within 15 feet and a 45 degree arc of someone, kills them without recourse or saves, and which costs 600 gp but only works if you're a commoner* with ranks in craft (basketweaving)**. In fact, you can create items whose only magical property is only being usable by you (or creatures oddly similar to you) and slash the price by two fifths. The item creation guidelines aren't actually meant to be "You can make anything you like" but "If you make something, and it's reasonable, this is how much it costs, ish, subject to DM approval".

*Substitute any one class or alignment to taste.
**Substitute any one skill to taste.