PDA

View Full Version : IC - The Return

Ralasha
2016-06-02, 02:11 PM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?489969-OOC-Return-of-the-Ancients&p=20847291#post20847291)
As though waking, your final memories before finding yourself here are the last moments of your previous life.

You notice however, that you lack aches, or pains. And any old injuries which may have once bothered you appear to be gone.

Time appears frozen within your immediately area, beneath your feet the grass cracks as though frozen despire the warm temperature of the air, and the vibrant green of the blades.

Above you sits a pale blue, almost grey sky, a far cry from the deep blue of your memories. The sun beats on your back, unpleasantly hot through your clothes, a slight stinging sensation accompanies it.

To your right and left as those around you begin to mill you notice others of many races, no two seemingly in the same styles of clothing or armor. A woman wearing flames with a very long handled hammer, a halfling dressed as a warrior wielding a spear and a shield almost as large as herself, a very thin and unusually tall man holding a book in one hand, a very strange elf holding a bow with two strings, a kobold with a buckler and a spear, mounted on a Warg, or the like.

In the direction you face is a black wall of some sort slowly creeping towards the line of those gathered. Even with the birds in the sky standing still.

People check themselves and their belongings, some look with troubled expressions towards the encroaching wall, others begin backing away slowly.

What you do notice however, aside from the gradually increasing commotion is that whatever that wall may it, it appears to be accelerating.

arkangel111
2016-06-02, 04:36 PM
I exhale the breath from my lungs and breathe deep, in through my nostrils, I try to get a sense of the general emotions of the crowd. I am also trying to figure out if the area around me is some sort of illusion, perhaps if the land doesn't smell right, or the grass having no scent.

[roll0] (since I am not tracking I didn't include the additional +4)

samduke
2016-06-02, 05:27 PM
stroud looking in disbelief at the wall that seems to be getting closer and that none of these others seem to be overly worried at the moment

Will save to disbelieve that wall is real and must be an illusion.
[roll0]

edit*
stroud thinks the wall is fairly real, and will gather his things and start walking away from the wall that seems to be approaching.

cecil1994
2016-06-02, 05:56 PM
Pale lights blink to life- the twin marbles that provide Iris sight have awoken.

She (it?) startles, caught up in her fabrics and metals where most have flesh and bone. A glance up provides a momentary distraction- the encroaching wall, an obsidian blot on the land. She wracks her itemized (heh) memories in search of an answer.

[/roll]1d20+10[/roll]
Er... check OOC. Oops.

kinem
2016-06-02, 07:14 PM
Gloria blinks. What the hell?

Looking around, she sees many strange folk but none who look like they know what's going on.

Myow. "It's all right, Rusty. I'm here for you, whatever happens."

The birds! Guess I'd better not try flying over the 'wall'. Maybe it's a magic effect like whatever brought us here ...

ooc: perception [roll0], spellcraft [roll1]

avr
2016-06-02, 08:41 PM
"Stars and stones, all here seem as bemused as chicks dropped into a stream, though not nearly as wet. I should ask the spirits if answers are to be had." Jal mounts up and balances marked knucklebones before him on Dusty's back before lighting a stub of incense. "Away for now, slow if you please," he addresses Dusty." Black as char, veil of night, beyond the line do dragons fight?"

Augury asking what happens if he enters the black wall. 76% chance of a meaningful answer, usually rolled by the GM. Details here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/augury); notably it takes a minute to cast.

Ralasha
2016-06-03, 06:15 AM
I exhale the breath from my lungs and breathe deep, in through my nostrils, I try to get a sense of the general emotions of the crowd. I am also trying to figure out if the area around me is some sort of illusion, perhaps if the land doesn't smell right, or the grass having no scent.

(since I am not tracking I didn't include the additional +4)

There is no smell, aside from the smells of the people and animals moving around nearby.

stroud looking in disbelief at the wall that seems to be getting closer and that none of these others seem to be overly worried at the moment

Will save to disbelieve that wall is real and must be an illusion.

edit*
stroud thinks the wall is fairly real, and will gather his things and start walking away from the wall that seems to be approaching.

You begin moving away, so do many others.

Pale lights blink to life- the twin marbles that provide Iris sight have awoken.

She (it?) startles, caught up in her fabrics and metals where most have flesh and bone. A glance up provides a momentary distraction- the encroaching wall, an obsidian blot on the land. She wracks her itemized (heh) memories in search of an answer.

1d20+10
Er... check OOC. Oops.

Without detecting it's aura it is difficult to tell.

Gloria blinks. What the hell?

Looking around, she sees many strange folk but none who look like they know what's going on.

Myow. "It's all right, Rusty. I'm here for you, whatever happens."

The birds! Guess I'd better not try flying over the 'wall'. Maybe it's a magic effect like whatever brought us here ...

ooc: perception [roll0], spellcraft [roll1]

It is definitely something, you're fairly certain it is some sort of magical effect. Probably somehow related to the apparent temporal entropy in your immediate environment.

"Stars and stones, all here seem as bemused as chicks dropped into a stream, though not nearly as wet. I should ask the spirits if answers are to be had." Jal mounts up and balances marked knucklebones before him on Dusty's back before lighting a stub of incense. "Away for now, slow if you please," he addresses Dusty." Black as char, veil of night, beyond the line do dragons fight?"

Augury asking what happens if he enters the black wall. 76% chance of a meaningful answer, usually rolled by the GM. Details here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/a/augury); notably it takes a minute to cast.

"Yes." Is the answer you receive, since you phrased a question, the question is answered.

The wall is now approximately 70' away and accelerating.

Some of the mages in the immediate area attempt to teleport away, only to discover they no longer possess that ability, they are quite obviously appalled. Others attempt using items not on their person, some attempt to use other means of transportation only to find themselves incapable of escaping through their various portals.

A number of druids and monks sit down in a circle and converse calmly as the wall continuously encroaches.

You have about 18 seconds before the wall is upon you.

avr
2016-06-03, 08:15 AM
Jal opens his eyes wide and clutches at his holy symbol. "Dragons? Not just weal or woe, but yes, Dragons? Dusty, never tell me poetry is a waste of time again." The wolf shrugs back at him.

"Ho, all! There may be much on the far side of this wall, but for sure there are dragons who will want the aid of their faithful, or at least witnesses to their glory! Onward!" the halfling servant of dragons readies a javelin, mutters a prayer, and urges his mount across the dark wall.

casting Divine Favor on himself following his speech. In case there needs a diplomacy roll to see how the speech went down, [roll0]

cecil1994
2016-06-03, 08:52 AM
Iris takes one last look at the barreling wall... and books it.

She's taking full run actions to get the Hell out of dodge. 200ft a round, with no sign of slowing.

Oh, a note- I'm .34 mph much slower than Usain Bolt.
*not going fast*

arkangel111
2016-06-03, 11:08 AM
I am pretty sure its futile but I disbelieve the illusion just the same.

Will save [roll0]
Note: in the illusion school it says if proof (no smell) is provided the illusion is false no roll required. Though I have a feeling this is more than a mere illusion. Whether it succeeds or fails Dogg is convinced this is merely a vision and nothing more.

Should the vision fail to disappear. I'll make my way to the gathered druids and take my place in their circle. As I walk over I will dump all of my Essentia (2) into blinkshirt and attempt to teleport with it though only a few feet, just to see if it works. Sitting quietly and watching as this strange vision unfolds. Whether it is from the gods or some strange fever dream from my injuries in life, this vision seems somehow important. Dogg will sit quietly and listen to the druids. Taking note of the strange reactions of man. So inconsistent in their behaviors.

Looking around do I see anyone out of place? Perception [roll1]. I know the description didn't include it but, are there normal people standing around? cooks, maids, blacksmiths or children and the like?

Ralasha
2016-06-03, 04:40 PM
I am pretty sure its futile but I disbelieve the illusion just the same.

Will save [roll0]
Note: in the illusion school it says if proof (no smell) is provided the illusion is false no roll required. Though I have a feeling this is more than a mere illusion. Whether it succeeds or fails Dogg is convinced this is merely a vision and nothing more.

Should the vision fail to disappear. I'll make my way to the gathered druids and take my place in their circle. As I walk over I will dump all of my Essentia (2) into blinkshirt and attempt to teleport with it though only a few feet, just to see if it works. Sitting quietly and watching as this strange vision unfolds. Whether it is from the gods or some strange fever dream from my injuries in life, this vision seems somehow important. Dogg will sit quietly and listen to the druids. Taking note of the strange reactions of man. So inconsistent in their behaviors.

Looking around do I see anyone out of place? Perception [roll1]. I know the description didn't include it but, are there normal people standing around? cooks, maids, blacksmiths or children and the like?

Out of place?

You see a bunch of clothing running away from the wall... Just clothing, no one in it.

So far as basic professions, many people appear to fit the idea.

The druids and monks are talking about life, it's meaning, and that if the wall is what is seen after one dies, there is little point in running, and since no edge is seen in the distance, there is little point in running. They appear to have accepted that whatever it is is inevitable.

The barrier is now 55 feet from the 'line' which has broken with various people apparently attempting to run away from it.

It is now moving 35 feet per round, where it was moving 10 feet per round a mere two rounds ago. Run faster.

samduke
2016-06-03, 05:59 PM
stroud in looking back notices that the walls speed has increased, and goes from double move to flat run ( 80ft a round )

arkangel111
2016-06-03, 06:20 PM
The men speak sense for once. If this is death then I will stand and face it with dignity. Though the sock puppet has me curious I will not be seen running from death. I will stand apart from the other's, as much as possible and face the looming wall of destruction on my own terms.
I will sit on my haunches and force myself to wait for the end. Contemplating all I have done, the friends I have lost, the pups I shall never have. I am ready death, come get me

kinem
2016-06-03, 09:54 PM
Should I try to run? No ... I will take my chances here with the others Gloria decides.

The slim elven woman begins to hum, sounding out a melody to comfort herself, Rusty, and anyone else who cares to listen as the 'wall' rushes towards them.

Ralasha
2016-06-03, 11:36 PM
Each of you, when finally touched by the wall sees something different, yet similar. First time slows, each hair is engulfed in liquid ice, your senses heightened to excruciating detail and you find yourselves aware of every cell within your body as it is enveloped.

The world as of the previous Age, without faith or honor. Nations rising and falling in a near constant state of war over resources, beliefs, technology, land, even plain old greed.

The people seem somehow broken, they move about their lives afraid of each other, and without hope. Those in power view the lives of those 'beneath them' as disposable pawns in their endless games of back and forth.

The gods having watched from the shadows, their powers dwindling suddenly brought forth their avatars once more and brought destruction, and salvation. But were fought against tooth and nail by those uninformed of their purpose, for no one survived that recognized them.

The flash of brilliance fades and you find yourselves performing whatever actions you had before the wall swept over you, still in the same positions, running, or sitting.

The wall however is no longer visible after having passed over you.

You hear the wind, and the sounds of distant birds. The sun beats down less harshly.

avr
2016-06-04, 02:08 AM
"A goal to be sure, changing this terrible state of affairs, but I'll have to think about how to get to it. Maybe for a while..." Jal considers, "For now I must see what is hereabouts and the obvious answer is a horde of those chosen for the same reason. Maybe there's more who honor the Great Dragons?"

He puts his javelin back in the quiver and looks over the others present for signs of someone else with a symbol he might recognise and goes over to hail them if so, and failing that he wanders over to the halfling to make introductions.

Know. (religion): [roll0] + free inspiration [roll1] = 19
Diplomacy: [roll2] + free inspiration [roll3] = 36

arkangel111
2016-06-04, 05:39 AM
Strange vision. I say softly and to none in particular. Now what about that sock puppet? I look around for the strange creature and make my way to it. Checking along the way to see if my blink shirt is now functional.

samduke
2016-06-04, 06:24 AM
once the vision has pass stroud realizes that the wall was in his mind an illusion, then turns around and heads back the way he came to see about the others he had first seen.

cecil1994
2016-06-04, 11:01 AM
When the wall fades, the loose clothing of Iris' carapace begins to reassemble. The pale light of its eyes blink and take in their surroundings.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2016-06-05, 01:27 AM
Most of those nearby begin to mill in an uncertain manner after the passing of the strange phenomena, Some begin to wander off together, many in similar styles of armor or clothing, similar race, or the like group together.

A derilect fortress, ancient and run down, perhaps a few miles distant is the apparent destination for a group of Dwarves, a nearby forest is where a large number of the druids move, in roughly the same direction as said fortress.

Some a group of halflings and gnomes begin digging into the sides of some nearby hills. Motions is already detectable near the fortress, just how many people were revived?

A large, illusory banner rises above the fortress, obviously intended to draw attention to it, as it is accompanied by the very loud and drawn out call of a horn.

Within eyesight of everyone: A group of old men have gathered and begun arguing heatedly 'No, I am Anarliar!' It seems it will come to magic soon... others quietly move away.

avr
2016-06-05, 05:34 AM
Scanning the crowd for the familiar, Jal picks out one of the group of old men but mutters, "Now, the Archmage might be a little stressed just this moment. Lets not test his patience, who wants to be a frog, much less ash?" Looking on his eye lights on a halfling riding a caribou and he rides over. "Hallo! Looks like we've been chosen to fix the mess our descendants made. I see a lot of teaching ahead, maybe a fight or two. Any plans?"

samduke
2016-06-05, 06:32 AM
stroud will walk towards the quarrel, and in general towards the fortress

cecil1994
2016-06-05, 08:10 AM
Iris' pinpricks of light go cold. She knocks an arrow, and approaches the bastion and the conflict.

kinem
2016-06-05, 09:54 AM
Not seeing a suitable group of elves to join, Gloria heads towards the quarrelsome old men. They have the look of wizards, I think.

She pipes up "Hello! Excuse me. I am Gloria Durant. It would seem that many people from various historical time periods have been somehow been brought to this place. You gentlemen appear wise and I thought, perhaps, can you share any insight into these events?"

ooc: Diplomacy [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-06-05, 10:08 AM
One of the nearly identical old men turns towards you, harrumphing. "What?!" The group of old men turn in seemingly random directions, looking around, up and down, then back at each other in a semi-comical manner. A different Anarliar answers: "You mean aside from whatever those thrice accursed things have decided to belabor us with?" Another remarks "Obviously we're supposed to somehow divert the apparent path of destruction those stupid mortals have set themselves upon!" Another replies, "I say let them, I'm going to find some means of restoring my powers, and blast the peons back into the stone age." The Anarliars alll start nodding and grumbling agreements. Mixed words make it over the sounds of their apparent argument in some unknown tongue such as 'kill' or 'blast them' or 'ash or frog'. More agreement ensues and the Anarliars, apparently having reached an accord begin making their way towards the fortress. One of them says something that sounds like a spell's chant, and the others begin laughing.

An elf with a double bow, and very fine green tinted elven chainmail nearby says something about 'Mage jokes'... Then resumes the pace, joined shortly by a northern looking arctic elf wielding two swords and a buckler. A group of various Dwarves walks past, with an odd halfling dressed and mannered as a Dwarf mixed among them.

The Halfling mounted on the Caribou shrugs. "Plans should be made after information is gained." She rolls her eyes as though saying the sky is blue, and casts a spell on herself (longstrider) the Caribou takes off like a bullet, and quickly overtakes the old men, tripping one of them as it passes.

He fires a ray of frost in return playfully, and uses prestidigitation to clean himself of the dirt.

arkangel111
2016-06-05, 02:26 PM
Curious about the dirty laundry somehow moving of its own accord. Dogg approaches, stealthily [roll0] though not looking aggressive by any means. Sniffing at the strange creature he tries to stay behind it as he can clearly see it holding a weapon.
Sitting on his haunches behind it he tilts his head to the side What are you? his body language seems to convey.

cecil1994
2016-06-05, 05:41 PM
Curious about the dirty laundry somehow moving of its own accord. Dogg approaches, stealthily [roll0] though not looking aggressive by any means. Sniffing at the strange creature he tries to stay behind it as he can clearly see it holding a weapon.
Sitting on his haunches behind it he tilts his head to the side What are you? his body language seems to convey.

Iris' head swivels around. The rest of its body does not follow suit.

"I... am an elf."

It's (her?) voice quavers, unsure in every intonation. Small buttons fall from her eyes, as blue as the sea.

kinem
2016-06-05, 05:52 PM
Gloria sighs, then heads towards the fortress.

Ralasha
2016-06-05, 06:03 PM
You're making me sad.

Work apparently begin in the decrepit fortress, which upon slightly closer inspection appears to have at one time been a town. (One of you thinks they might remember it from the Age of Man, at least once it's reached.)

Blocks are being levered back into place, the dust of ages, rotten wood, and weeds are being cleared, ancient furniture restored... wooden flooring made to grow, which is then shaven back down with axe bits and sword blades.

Other work is being performed restoring the ancient stronghold to livable condition at a rather surprisingly rapid pace, even from a distance the walls' increase in height and regularity is visible.

arkangel111
2016-06-05, 06:07 PM
Clearly the laundry is confused. What era do these sock people come from anyways? Did elves mate with a shirt to produce these creatures? It would certainly explain the things confusion. These are the thoughts that flash through his mind as he considers his next action.
He looks toward the fortress in the distance and back to the arguing wizards. Its better to be far from wizards when they are angry. He takes off at an easy lope towards the fortress, giving the wizards a wide berth, hoping it will give him clues to why the gods granted him a new life.

sorry about that last post i used the wrong color! speaking of colors! I vote the DM gets a new color, that yellow is painful to my eyes and almost impossible to read against the light background

Ralasha
2016-06-05, 06:21 PM
Clearly the laundry is confused. What era do these sock people come from anyways? Did elves mate with a shirt to produce these creatures? It would certainly explain the things confusion. These are the thoughts that flash through his mind as he considers his next action.
He looks toward the fortress in the distance and back to the arguing wizards. Its better to be far from wizards when they are angry. He takes off at an easy lope towards the fortress, giving the wizards a wide berth, hoping it will give him clues to why the gods granted him a new life.

You're a dog, do you have telepathy? Please at least limit messages to simple one word ideas. You chose to play a dog. Play a dog. :smallannoyed:

A bard in the short distance begins attempting to put together a song, "All the valiant of yesteryear, have been reborn today. Heeding the horn that sounds the call, they've risen from the grave... no... too morbid." He shakes his head and mumbles quietly to himself, head tucked down as he continues his slow but steady pace towards the fortress.

cecil1994
2016-06-05, 10:28 PM
You're a dog, do you have telepathy? Please at least limit messages to simple one word ideas. You chose to play a dog. Play a dog. :smallannoyed:

A bard in the short distance begins attempting to put together a song, "All the valiant of yesteryear, have been reborn today. Heeding the horn that sounds the call, they've risen from the grave... no... too morbid." He shakes his head and mumbles quietly to himself, head tucked down as he continues his slow but steady pace towards the fortress.

Iris, as fast in this form as she was in life, is beside him.
"Morbid is appropriate. Don't censor your work, and certainly don't downplay our loss."

She brushes a few last buttons from her eyes, determined to put on a strong face. The world saw her break once. It will not again.

If you're sad, I'm doing something right :smallamused:

avr
2016-06-06, 05:30 AM
"Ah, no great courtesy even between my own kind, it must be a sign of things to come where the last Age has been a disaster lacking in faith and honour. Well, maybe I can teach by example? And the largest part of these people are heading for that great pile of stone there." So saying Jal makes his way to the fortress.

samduke
2016-06-06, 09:30 AM
seeing the argument has been resolved and the crowd seems to all be headed for the fortress, Stroud will continue towards the fortress as well.

Ralasha
2016-06-10, 03:34 PM
As each of you reach the fortress, it appears even worse from a near distance. Ive has embedded itself between the stone and gradually pushed them out of alignment, making even walking nearby hazardous.

Anything that once was doubtlessly a solid wooden structure has rotted, and appears ready to collapse at the first sign of a sneeze.

Yes people mill about, it appears to have actually been a fortification surrounding a town, what might have happened here... is apparently a battle, a weapon scoring marks stone and ancient wood alike, holes mar the ground as though explosions had occurred, and the skeletal remains of those that once appeared to live here dot the ground.

Yet people move in and out of the buildings, attempting repairs. It could have been nearly any city from the age of gods onwards from it's design, and layout. Near the gate rests what appears to have at one time been a tavern, or an inn. A stable long since collapsed rests upon the ground behind it.

The guard house, built into the interior of the wall just within the gate has crumbled, and filled the blocks from above.

The streets, once having had a good paving of cobble is pocked an uneven...

Noise of directed and concerted efforts comes from nearer the center of the once thriving city. People leave with various mismatching axes and a cart thrown together in haste, apparently to gather wood...

Druids trail them, wizards and sorcerers have begun repairing doors and tables, or repairing the stoneworks using simple magics and summoned elementals.

A flurry of activity... like a riled nest of Formians.

cecil1994
2016-06-10, 05:24 PM
Iris hops down the shattered streets. She stops a nearby nerd (sorry, wizard) and asks:

"Um... sir? What am I?"

arkangel111
2016-06-10, 07:16 PM
Dogg makes his way to the central area. Careful to keep out of anyone's way. Trying to get a feel for what is truly going on. This city is in shambles and yet someone seems to know what to do. Maybe they'll know why we're here too. "I doubt the cosmos opened a rift in time just to have us fix a broken city" He mumbles to himself as he makes his way through the bustling people.

avr
2016-06-11, 04:05 AM
Jal muses as he makes his way to the centre of activity, "Building a home where we can be found by those who might look to us for teaching? Seems a fine idea, though I'm sure these belligerent warlords will want to find us for other reasons. I'm no shaper of stone or hewer of wood so I had better find another role though; perhaps these people need scouts to tell them what's about here?"

samduke
2016-06-11, 05:56 AM
Stroud seeing several others including a vary large animal rush towards the fortress will pick up the pace as well following, all the while trying to make sense of things

kinem
2016-06-11, 09:38 AM
Gloria heads to what appears to have been the tavern, and tries to judge if it might be salvageable. If so she will introduce herself and assist in the repairs, hoping to thereby claim a stake in the once and future tavern.

Ralasha
2016-06-11, 10:37 AM
Iris hops down the shattered streets. She stops a nearby nerd (sorry, wizard) and asks:

"Um... sir? What am I?"

The nerd pushes his glasses up his nose, pulls on his suspenders (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Steve_Urkel.jpg), and speaks in a very annoying voice after looking you up, down in and out for a while. "Well, I would say you're a ragamoffin, except that you do not appear to have a host. So... definitely some type of magical or spiritual construct."

Jal muses as he makes his way to the centre of activity, "Building a home where we can be found by those who might look to us for teaching? Seems a fine idea, though I'm sure these belligerent warlords will want to find us for other reasons. I'm no shaper of stone or hewer of wood so I had better find another role though; perhaps these people need scouts to tell them what's about here?"

People are giving you wierd looks for talking to yourself. The only people, after all, that both talk to themselves and answer, are mad. One Anarliar hears you and starts ranting in your direction.

"Building a centralized location where resources can be stored. Where retreat may be made. Where operations such as they may be may be staged (initialized). Where people can lay their heads without worrying about bandits or animals or monsters?" He then turns to talk to a dog nearby, grumbling to it's self.

Stroud seeing several others including a vary large animal rush towards the fortress will pick up the pace as well following, all the while trying to make sense of things

Since you decided not to have reached the town walls yet:As you reach the fortress, it appears even worse from a near distance. Ivy has embedded itself between the stone and gradually pushed them out of alignment, though it does not appear to be dangerous, as the blocks are cleaned and placed back in their proper positions.

Almost anything that once was doubtlessly a solid wooden structure has rotted, and appears ready to collapse at the first sign of a sneeze.

Yet people mill about, it appears to have actually been a fortification surrounding a town, what might have happened here... is apparently a battle, a weapon scoring marks stone and ancient wood alike, holes mar the ground as though explosions had occurred.

Yet people move between the buildings, attempting repairs. It could have been nearly any city from the age of gods onward from it's design, and layout. Near the gate rests what appears to have at one time been a tavern, or an inn. A stable ready to collapse can be found behind it.

The guard house, built into the interior of the wall just within the gate has crumbled.

The streets, once having had good cobble stone paving is slightly uneven...

Noise of directed and concerted efforts comes from nearer the center of the once thriving city. People enter with various mismatching axes and a cart thrown together in haste, apparently having just gathered wood...

Druids trail them, wizards and sorcerers have been repairing doors and tables, or repairing the stoneworks using simple magics and summoned elementals.

A flurry of activity... like a riled nest of Formians.

Gloria heads to what appears to have been the tavern, and tries to judge if it might be salvageable. If so she will introduce herself and assist in the repairs, hoping to thereby claim a stake in the once and future tavern.

They have you move things around, fetch supplies, and deliver messages.

Dogg makes his way to the central area. Careful to keep out of anyone's way. Trying to get a feel for what is truly going on. This city is in shambles and yet someone seems to know what to do. Maybe they'll know why we're here too. "I doubt the cosmos opened a rift in time just to have us fix a broken city" He mumbles to himself as he makes his way through the bustling people.

An old man standing nearby rebukes you, "Well, I hardly see why you think your opinion counts. We have many of the greatest minds in history here, how about leaving the decision making to them, and your opinions to yourself?"

cecil1994
2016-06-11, 12:56 PM
The nerd pushes his glasses up his nose, pulls on his suspenders (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/Steve_Urkel.jpg), and speaks in a very annoying voice after looking you up, down in and out for a while. "Well, I would say you're a ragamoffin, except that you do not appear to have a host. So... definitely some type of magical or spiritual construct."

That's a sexy nerd. Also, knowledge Arcana to see if I know what I am: [roll0]

Iris nods in an appreciatory and, frankly, confused manner. She heads off to assist in rebuilding in any way she can, hopping with strands of cloth dangling behind her.

samduke
2016-06-11, 03:58 PM
Stroud goes to the tavern looking for a drink and answers he hopes

Ralasha
2016-06-11, 09:28 PM
That's a sexy nerd. Also, knowledge Arcana to see if I know what I am: [roll0]

Iris nods in an appreciatory and, frankly, confused manner. She heads off to assist in rebuilding in any way she can, hopping with strands of cloth dangling behind her.

She is rather certain she is a spiritual construct, as well as some form of ragomoffyn. :smallsmile:

5 points higher on the check and she would recognize her body as some strange form of phylactery...

Stroud goes to the tavern looking for a drink and answers he hopes

Stroud finds the inside of the tavern being restored with Mending spells, and the like. a dwarf already sits behind the bar with three casks of some kind of drink, though what is in them, and if you wish to risk it is your choice. :smallamused:

avr
2016-06-12, 08:03 AM
People are giving you wierd looks for talking to yourself. The only people, after all, that both talk to themselves and answer, are mad. One Anarliar hears you and starts ranting in your direction.

"Building a centralized location where resources can be stored. Where retreat may be made. Where operations such as they may be may be staged (initialized). Where people can lay their heads without worrying about bandits or animals or monsters?" He then turns to talk to a dog nearby, grumbling to it's self.
Jal answers back deferentially but firmly, "Well then, best to know whats out there so the defences can be arranged accordingly. Who'd be organising that, honoured Archmage?"

Ralasha
2016-06-12, 12:55 PM
"So, when setting a camp, and fortifying it, I suppose your suggestion would be to put effort into scouting, rather than building a perimeter wall? The scouting is being taken care of... mostly. Though for now it is only close range. Our primary concern at the moment is defensibility. We have found goblins constructing a lair a few miles hence. They've wargs. The walls are quite important for the moment." :smallannoyed:
He shakes his head and goes back to repairing stonework with simple spells.

samduke
2016-06-12, 02:24 PM
Stroud, looking around the tavern at the work being done

checks to see if he notices Gloria, if he does he will go over and introduce himself...

Diplomacy +9 [roll0]
Perception +10 [roll1]
sense motive +9 [roll2]

kinem
2016-06-12, 04:18 PM
A slim elven woman sees the big goliath watching her as she returns to the 'tavern'. She walks over to him, stroking a black cat.

"Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. Where and .. when ... are you from?"

samduke
2016-06-12, 06:55 PM
A slim elven woman sees the big goliath watching her as she returns to the 'tavern'. She walks over to him, stroking a black cat.

"Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. Where and .. when ... are you from?"

Stroud Ironborn, From! I am from the mountains, when is a good question that does not have an easy answer though. Do you have any ideas about what is going on around here short of the repairs that seem to be taking place everywhere?

arkangel111
2016-06-12, 07:57 PM
"Just seems odd to me that everyone is preparing the place for defense. Yet, what is the place and why are we here? What are we defending from?" Dogg replies to the old man. Staying near him to check his reply.

Ralasha
2016-06-12, 09:01 PM
"Just seems odd to me that everyone is preparing the place for defense. Yet, what is the place and why are we here? What are we defending from?" Dogg replies to the old man. Staying near him to check his reply.

"When in enemy territory, the best course of action is always to secure a location of relative safety. This way if or when a threat appears, defensive action may be taken. If, hypothetically, a monster were to come upon you in the field, would you rather have strong stone walls, or be entirely in the open? Additionally, if the modern world should decide our presence is less than desirable, is it not also better to have a fortified area in which to shelter against obliteration?"

arkangel111
2016-06-12, 09:41 PM
"ARE we in enemy territory? and for the record I'D rather be in the open, not huddled in a corner waiting to die." Dogg says matter of factly. "Besides, building is clearly not an option for me. I'll have to find something more productive to do with my skills."

Ralasha
2016-06-12, 09:46 PM
"ARE we in enemy territory? and for the record I'D rather be in the open, not huddled in a corner waiting to die." Dogg says matter of factly. "Besides, building is clearly not an option for me. I'll have to find something more productive to do with my skills."

"Then why are you here? Your actions and choices are at odds. Though, in fact, I'm certain building would work, you could assist in carrying loads, assist someone of shorter stature in moving about, assist us with scouting, foraging, or hunting... There are many things that need to be done. We need to locate the nearest settlements and attempt negotiations for basic supplies, such as seeds, animal stock, furniture, equipment... Magic may be capable of restoring an object, but an object repaired by magic is never truly as good as an object freshly made."

arkangel111
2016-06-12, 10:38 PM
"Who has placed themself in charge then? Scouting sounds like something I could do." Dogg eagerly awaits his reply before taking off looking for the individual.

kinem
2016-06-13, 06:01 PM
Stroud Ironborn, From! I am from the mountains, when is a good question that does not have an easy answer though. Do you have any ideas about what is going on around here short of the repairs that seem to be taking place everywhere?

Gloria replies "Nice to meet you. Aside from people being gathered here somehow from different time periods, I have no idea what's going on, and no one else seems to either. My only guess is that the gods are toying with us. The real question is, what should we do? On that my guess is, try to make a living here. What do you think of that?"

Ralasha
2016-06-13, 08:28 PM
"Who has placed themself in charge then? Scouting sounds like something I could do." Dogg eagerly awaits his reply before taking off looking for the individual.

"I believe the individual responsible for the initial organization is currently staking claim on the remains of the Inn nearest the Castle's Gatehouse." He points off in the direction of the establishment soon to be known of as 'The Delirious Dwarf'.

Gloria replies "Nice to meet you. Aside from people being gathered here somehow from different time periods, I have no idea what's going on, and no one else seems to either. My only guess is that the gods are toying with us. The real question is, what should we do? On that my guess is, try to make a living here. What do you think of that?"

I'm sorry to say, that that player, which should have stated their departure in the OOC has informed me in PM that a crises has occurred irl, that will take them from the game for a while.

In lieu of Stroud, meet the Dwarf that was sitting behind the bar:

An unusually well kempt Dwarf, whom you had seen sitting behind the bar earlier makes his way outside with what appears to be the seat portion of a bar stool, a small chisel, and some charcoal. He begins making a sign for the Inn... A crudely drawn dwarf's smiling face. The outline has such a smile as no self-respecting Dwarf would ever show in public.

Anachronity
2016-06-13, 11:48 PM
To his shame, Grivoult had panicked and run at the sight of the approaching wall, and spent quite some time after calming his racing heart. Though he be far from cowardly, a green dragon's breath is not at all a pleasant way for one's life to end.

Spotting the hustle and bustle about the ruins from a distance through the magical eye lenses he wears, he begins making his way over. Though interested in answers, he suspects he knows why he lives again.

"And perhaps I shall die two score times more before I may die for myself."

avr
2016-06-14, 05:50 AM
"And that is all I wished to know. Come now Master Four-footed Diplomat and we shall see what the tavern holds." Jal reenters the conversation briefly.

Within the tavern he negotiates for a drink before making enquiries. "How far out have others seen and there was some mention of goblins - are they the returned dead also, do you know?"

Ralasha
2016-06-14, 11:20 AM
"And that is all I wished to know. Come now Master Four-footed Diplomat and we shall see what the tavern holds." Jal reenters the conversation briefly.

Within the tavern he negotiates for a drink before making enquiries. "How far out have others seen and there was some mention of goblins - are they the returned dead also, do you know?"

The tavern has apparently begun to fill with 'patrons'. It feels like a homecoming for those of you that has such things (Age of Dragons, or The Gloom excluded) as it apparently does also for many of this within, with quite a few of the faces bearing an odd expression, a mixture of emotions, happiness or satisfaction and deep regret or sadness.

The Dwarf who appears to be the 'owner' of the establishment is outside carving a sign when you arrive.

"Could be... could be. Or they might be typical goblins, want to go ask them if they're friendly?" He grins as though the question were a ridiculous one that no one should ever say yes to. :smallamused:

To his shame, Grivoult had panicked and run at the sight of the approaching wall, and spent quite some time after calming his racing heart. Though he be far from cowardly, a green dragon's breath is not at all a pleasant way for one's life to end.

Spotting the hustle and bustle about the ruins from a distance through the magical eye lenses he wears, he begins making his way over. Though interested in answers, he suspects he knows why he lives again.

"And perhaps I shall die two score times more before I may die for myself."

A large group of people come out and begin preparing the fields with what little sunlight remains, you doubt they will accomplish much.

Off to the left (from your perspective) is a small forest, in the distance you think you see the shadows of mountains, though it may be clouds.

Anachronity
2016-06-14, 06:10 PM
A large group of people come out and begin preparing the fields with what little sunlight remains, you doubt they will accomplish much.

Off to the left (from your perspective) is a small forest, in the distance you think you see the shadows of mountains, though it may be clouds.

Grivoult continues towards the crowd. He had seen some very strange types before, not unlike him, and even if they prove unwelcoming he could likely win them over. Though not afraid of a little hard work, he hopes they will give him some much-needed answers before they give him a spade.

Ralasha
2016-06-14, 07:24 PM
One of them notices your approach, and alerts the others. They stand wary and ready, but relaxed. A few of them continue on with the work undisturbed.

kinem
2016-06-14, 08:22 PM
The tavern has apparently begun to fill with 'patrons'. It feels like a homecoming for those of you that has such things (Age of Dragons, or The Gloom excluded) as it apparently does also for many of this within, with quite a few of the faces bearing an odd expression, a mixture of emotions, happiness or satisfaction and deep regret or sadness.

The Dwarf who appears to be the 'owner' of the establishment is outside carving a sign when you arrive.

"Could be... could be. Or they might be typical goblins, want to go ask them if they're friendly?" He grins as though the question were a ridiculous one that no one should ever say yes to. :smallamused:

Dead like us? No ... I don't want to think about that. I couldn't have died, here I am. I must have been knocked out by him ...

Gloria approaches the dwarf. "Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. I must ask, what is your name and how did you get that booze? Also, talking to the goblins sounds like a good idea. I'd go along on that mission."

avr
2016-06-14, 10:04 PM
"I'm Jal of Maykop; the hospitable dwarf here hadn't got as far as introducing himself to me yet," Jal answers, glancing back at the host. "Anything's possible if the great powers sent them here as they did us, but some looking first won't hurt. It's hard to extract yourself from a warg's bite. Ahem. So, you'd rather be scouting goblins than serving drinks? I can understand that."

An idealist. Well, best make sure I have a plan to save her if it comes to that. Still, the powers brought her here, they surely had reasons.

Ralasha
2016-06-15, 11:54 AM
Dead like us? No ... I don't want to think about that. I couldn't have died, here I am. I must have been knocked out by him ...

Gloria approaches the dwarf. "Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. I must ask, what is your name and how did you get that booze? Also, talking to the goblins sounds like a good idea. I'd go along on that mission."

"You may refer to me as Jorgun Thundergutt. And if you want, I suppose I could let you. They are a few miles to the west, at the base of a cliff, beneath what appears to be the site of an old fort from my days. Though the Fort is missing entirely, not even the stones remain... probably used to build this place here. A little towards the forrest to the North you'll find an old road running east and west. Follow it to the left." He grunts, and resumes whittling the sign, while his stomach grumbles loudly. "The Ale? Ah, I had a barrel of Endless Stout made back a while, carried it with me ever since. Seemed like since I was the only one to have the like, I should be the one to own the tavern, as I am the only one with a source of drink!" He chuckles, leans to one side and releases a loud noise for several seconds. "The thunder sounds... Smells like trouble."

Anachronity
2016-06-15, 04:19 PM
One of them notices your approach, and alerts the others. They stand wary and ready, but relaxed. A few of them continue on with the work undisturbed.

In a horticultural display of his own, Girvoult plants his sword into the earth blade-first and offers a friendly wave.

"'Ey, seems I'm a bit late to the, ah, festivities."
Pausing briefly, he gestures towards the ruins.
"What's the occasion?"

Ralasha
2016-06-15, 06:33 PM
In a horticultural display of his own, Girvoult plants his sword into the earth blade-first and offers a friendly wave.

"'Ey, seems I'm a bit late to the, ah, festivities."
Pausing briefly, he gestures towards the ruins.
"What's the occasion?"

"The return. We're attempting to form a solid base of operations to ensure things go smoothly while we attempt to correct whatever the hell went wrong with the world."

The man resumes tilling his row on the field. "This means a defensible position, food, water, shelter... Wouldn't do to wander off randomly hoping to solve everything in small groups of four or five with no one to communicate their findings. Apparently this it to be the headquarters of some... Guild... If you want to know more head inside, first building to the right. past the Gatehouse."

Anachronity
2016-06-15, 09:00 PM
"The return. We're attempting to form a solid base of operations to ensure things go smoothly while we attempt to correct whatever the hell went wrong with the world."

The man resumes tilling his row on the field. "This means a defensible position, food, water, shelter... Wouldn't do to wander off randomly hoping to solve everything in small groups of four or five with no one to communicate their findings. Apparently this it to be the headquarters of some... Guild... If you want to know more head inside, first building to the right. past the Gatehouse."

"Hah, I'll help 'em straighten this thing out then; I know an idiot or two who got killed headin' off like that." Grivoult replies, complete with a knowing wink.

At that, he plucks his sword from the ground and heads to the building indicated.

kinem
2016-06-15, 09:06 PM
Gloria replies "Good to meet you, Jal. I guess you could say I've been a bit of an adventurer. What's your story?

Jorgun, thanks for the information. Do you know if anyone has claimed leadership of this town? Making peace with the goblins, or at least finding out more about them, ought to be worth something to the town.

I can speak goblin, but I should probably gather a few folks to come along."

avr
2016-06-15, 11:20 PM
Jal takes a swig from his drink, "Fine stuff. I was a lawspeaker, finding out the truth and making judgements. I should be able to help with some of the tradecraft of scouting and while goblins won't respect my authority I've learned a lot about talking to some strange people.

"The goblin language may not help, I've heard a lot of strange jabber from different ages already. If they were sent back like the rest of us this strange common tongue pressed into my head should be in theirs also though."

Ralasha
2016-06-17, 05:37 AM
In the near distance a rising din can be heard. A heated argument.

Several groups make their way towards the gate each with a wagon with a small modicum of supplies in it's bed. Each group seems different, though one thing is certain these are probably groups that used to travel together before their demises.

A halfling in strange armor is apparently attempting to disuade them from whatever course of action they have decided upon.

"No!" Says a man in plate armor, "The best that we can do is go out, and solve the issues. Yes, one at a time if necessary. It wasn't just us that returned, you heard the scouts as well as I. Trolls, wolves bigger than horses, giants by the mountains, elves to the north, dwarves in the mountains battling the giants! I and my party are heading there to lend them aid."

The halfling woman counterpoints, "If we wait until the fortifications are completed, and everything is set we will be on much better footing, and can send you out with far more to help you on your journey."

"But how many more Dwarves will die? We can use their assistance!"

The leader of another group, a kindly seeming man with the pate of his head shaven so that hair only grows around the fringes pipes in, "Indeed! And we will head to the woods in the north to render assistance to the Elves."

Each of the various leaders pipes in with their own plans, a few of the groups are apparently planning to make their presence known in the towns and cities by lending assistance, and spread the word of 'The Return'...

The groups makes their way out, the portcullis never having been shut to bar them from leaving, though it is now in complete repair. She stands there, and removes her helmet to scratch at her head. then puts the helmet back on and begins to march back towards the town's center.

Oddly outfitted in Bronze age equipment, a shield, chest plate, bracers, grieves, armor skirt and helmet. She also appears to carry a sword, bow and arrows, and spears.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0b/c9/f6/0bc9f606211ab3cac22a7104a9006aff.jpg

arkangel111
2016-06-17, 04:26 PM
Noticing the Halfling and his wolf following, Dogg makes himself seem to be nothing more than a companion to the small figure while getting the lay of the land.

Suddenly one of the wolves speaks up from behind Jal. "I'd be down for a look at these goblins too. Certainly beats building or tilling fields. I am NO pack mule!" He says a hint of annoyance in his voice.

kinem
2016-06-17, 06:32 PM
Gloria says "Ah, a talking wolf! Hello there wolf! Jal, you have an impressive animal there. All right, let's see if we can round up a few more and then go for it!"

avr
2016-06-18, 01:06 AM
Jal gestures expansively, "Well, Dusty's a solid beast, he bears me well with my cursed foot, but this fellow here isn't mine. A smart one; he does seem to have the knack of talking to irritable archmages! I didn't catch your name Sir Wolf?"

Anachronity
2016-06-18, 10:31 AM
Distracted by the spectacle of the departing groups, Grivoult notices a gathering of more strange sorts and a talking wolfdog. This sparks a memory of Korm, a comrade of his that had returned as a talking pegasus after they'd died in the druidic defense.

Grivoult looks to his intended destination, then mutters to himself: "Aah, they can figure it out themselves. Looks like half'ov'um left already."

He moves towards the others, hoping that this talking animal might know the same druids, or perhaps that this was one of his former companions returned in yet another form.

Ralasha
2016-06-18, 12:37 PM
The group outside of the would be tavern/inn see a... male creature walking up to you.

Satyr walking up to you.

It is a Faun walking up to you.

The groups that left already continue fading into the distance. It seems oddly quiet for a moment... giving your surroundings a sense of surrealism, as though the world were muted. There is no noise...

The sounds quickly return though, others mutter about what just happened, some argue about it loudly.

Anachronity
2016-06-19, 01:29 PM
Grivoult had not been to a tavern in quite some time, though his memories of those times were nothing but fond.

With a stylish flourish he plants his greatsword into the ground between the cracks in the cobblestone, the blade's discolored tip suggesting he makes a habit of doing this.

"Aay this seems right, no settlement should be without a tavern! Can ya believe them fools settin' off and leaving a fine establishment like this behind?" He says, only half-joking.

Noticing that there are, in fact, two wolves, Grivoult quickly surmises which had spoken: Surely no one would be cruel enough to dress a simple companion beast in a sweater (http://talonsmindscape.wikidot.com/blink-shirt).

Ralasha
2016-06-22, 04:26 AM
Gloria gains 100 XP for assisting in the reconstruction efforts.

Everyone gains 25 XP for Roleplay.

It is getting later into the afternoon. Soon the bright period of the day will be over.

kinem
2016-06-23, 09:18 PM
After introductions have been made, Gloria will lead those who wish to see the goblins according to the dwarf's instructions.

ooc: As the group will talk about it as they leave, anyone else who wants to hop aboard the goblin train can do so as it leaves the station.

avr
2016-06-25, 03:45 AM
"No sense meeting goblins in the dark, eh? Best wait til morning. I'm sure there'll be a space to lay our heads somewhere in these great halls."

Ralasha
2016-06-25, 04:20 AM
As you stand around, a group of rough looking men dressed in various mismatching armors ride up to the gatehouse.

"Hey, hey! What's all this then, what are you lot doing here?" :smallmad:

Anachronity
2016-06-25, 12:44 PM
"Well tha short of it is we're makin' a settlement, but ya'll probably need more than that if, say, ya' haven't seen a big black magic wall or ya' don't remember havin' died before."

His many years as a faun had softened Grivoult's "ye"s into "ya"s and "yer"s into "yar"s, and a tear would trail down Moradin's beard if he could hear that at least half of Grivoult's t's were being pronounced. He had the strange notion in the back of his head that he should feel some sort of shame.

Dismissing the silly semantics, he looks for signs that these sorts are not among the returned.

EDIT: revised since Grivoult doesn't necessarily know what age he is in.

avr
2016-07-02, 04:36 AM
Jal shifts forward to answer. "Well, we're just turning this old heap of stone into a place to stay for now. Who wouldn't, dropped in a strange land like this? And who are you fine folks?"

He tries to get a feel for just how aggressive these people are by observation. Just blowhards, or are they likely to turn violent?

[roll0] + free inspiration [roll1] = 25

Ralasha
2016-07-02, 05:12 AM
Jal shifts forward to answer. "Well, we're just turning this old heap of stone into a place to stay for now. Who wouldn't, dropped in a strange land like this? And who are you fine folks?"

He tries to get a feel for just how aggressive these people are by observation. Just blowhards, or are they likely to turn violent?

[roll0] + free inspiration [roll1] = 25

The are likely bandits.

"Well tha short of it is we're makin' a settlement, but ya'll probably need more than that if, say, ya' haven't seen a big black magic wall or ya' don't remember havin' died before."

His many years as a faun had softened Grivoult's "ye"s into "ya"s and "yer"s into "yar"s, and a tear would trail down Moradin's beard if he could hear that at least half of Grivoult's t's were being pronounced. He had the strange notion in the back of his head that he should feel some sort of shame.

Dismissing the silly semantics, he looks for signs that these sorts are not among the returned.

EDIT: revised since Grivoult doesn't necessarily know what age he is in.

"What in the blazes are the two of you talking about?" He notices the Raggomofyn, "And what is that? I've never seen that kind of golem before."

avr
2016-07-02, 09:42 PM
Jal drops a hand to his spear as he replies. "Eh, does that matter? The point is behind us there's more and better fighters than you have, and we're here to stay, so best not to poke the bear. Or the Archmage as the case may be. If you'd be willing to trade - even if all you have to spare is news - we might be able to do a deal though. What do you say?"

Ralasha
2016-07-03, 08:36 PM
The man snorts derisively. "Fairy tales." He pulls out a short cylindrical tube with a handle and a slightly larger diameter cylinder on the other end. "Next you'll tell me you're building a lightning rail. Those don't exist either." He points the tube in your direction, the others with him 'unsheathe' other similar devices, the men in the back hold longer versions, the man in the center pulls out a bottle, which suddenly fills with a harshly glowing red liquid.

avr
2016-07-04, 08:13 AM
Jal sighs. "If you must be so disagreeable... Well, as they say back home," he strikes a pose as he starts casting a spell.

initiative time, I think. [roll0]

kinem
2016-07-04, 10:48 AM
Gloria says "Put away your little tubes boys, or you'll regret it."

initiative [roll0]

Are there plants on the ground suitable for an entangle-type spell?

Anachronity
2016-07-05, 04:57 PM
Grivoult pulls his sword from the ground, narrowing his eyes.

"Not all fairy tales have a happy ending, boy."

Initiative: [roll0] (assuming I have time for the auras)

I will try to draw my sword pre-combat, like their own weapons. Not sure about the action needed, but Grivoult does this a lot and has a high Perform (Weapon Drill) if that helps.

Ralasha
2016-07-06, 02:34 PM
PC Initiative rolls:
OTHERS (That haven't posted for a while): 0
ANACHRONITY: 19
KINEM: 13
AVR: 16

The 'Leader' Fires his revolver-pistol (no you don't know what it is IC) at [roll0].
The others have to wait to move...

Ralasha
2016-07-06, 02:36 PM
Kinem is the target.

To hit: [roll0]
Confirm: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

The apparent leader of the bandits aims his gun into the crowd and fires. The bullet hits Gloria, for 15 damage (ball shot).

His horse rears as he fires... and attempts to swat a certain very ancient-style clothed halfling warrior.

Anachronity
2016-07-07, 07:55 PM
Hold the gate, surround any id'yot who makes it through!

Grivoult dashes to the opposite side of the bandit spokesman who had discharged that odd device, across from the female halfling and prepares to strike...

Moving to square w11 or thereabouts and switching to 'Master of Tactics' minor aura (allies in 60' gain a +7 bonus to damage for flanking attacks, replaces initiative and Dex-check bonuses). If I can get there in one move action, I'll ready a swing with the greatsword on the bandit who'd been speaking to us and take it after the Halfling's turn for flanking bonuses (or I will take it immediately if she is not flat footed, due to combat reflexes or whatever else). Other than that, I'll take an AOO against anyone passing through the gate within reach.

Attack: [roll0] (-2 if not flanking)
Confirmation: [roll1] (-2 if not flanking)
Damage: [roll2] (-7 if not flanking)
Sneak Attack: [roll3] (if flanking)

avr
2016-07-07, 11:56 PM
Jal's gestures at the leader's tube as he finishes the spell and it flashes red-hot for a moment. "That's a nasty magic. I can't say I approve; time to put that down." Dusty snarls in agreement and lunges forward aiming for the horseman's leg, pulling him off the horse.

Burning Disarm at the leader. Reflex DC 14; failure means he takes [roll0] fire damage, success means he gets to choose either to take the damage or to drop his gun.
Handle animal to attack with Dusty (DC 15, free action): [roll1]
5' step forward to w13
Dusty's attack, assuming the handle animal roll succeeds:
attack [roll2]
confirm crit [roll3]
damage [roll4]
extra damage if crit [roll5]
trip [roll6]

kinem
2016-07-08, 09:43 PM
Ouch! Oh damn ...

Suddenly wounded, Gloria quickly considers her options ... and none seem good. She decides to try to blind the alchemist. If it works, perhaps he can stand down the others in exchange for me dismissing the spell.

ooc: Cast blindness at the alchemist; Fort DC 18 negates.

Ralasha
2016-07-09, 03:18 PM
Hold the gate, surround any id'yot who makes it through!

Grivoult dashes to the opposite side of the bandit spokesman who had discharged that odd device, across from the female halfling and prepares to strike...

Moving to square w11 or thereabouts and switching to 'Master of Tactics' minor aura (allies in 60' gain a +7 bonus to damage for flanking attacks, replaces initiative and Dex-check bonuses). If I can get there in one move action, I'll ready a swing with the greatsword on the bandit who'd been speaking to us and take it after the Halfling's turn for flanking bonuses (or I will take it immediately if she is not flat footed, due to combat reflexes or whatever else). Other than that, I'll take an AOO against anyone passing through the gate within reach.

Attack: [roll0] (-2 if not flanking)
Confirmation: [roll1] (-2 if not flanking)
Damage: [roll2] (-7 if not flanking)
Sneak Attack: [roll3] (if flanking)

You move into a threatened square. (They are in an arrowhead formation.)

AoO: Horse Bite: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

Jal's gestures at the leader's tube as he finishes the spell and it flashes red-hot for a moment. "That's a nasty magic. I can't say I approve; time to put that down." Dusty snarls in agreement and lunges forward aiming for the horseman's leg, pulling him off the horse.

Burning Disarm at the leader. Reflex DC 14; failure means he takes [roll0] fire damage, success means he gets to choose either to take the damage or to drop his gun.
Handle animal to attack with Dusty (DC 15, free action): [roll1]
5' step forward to w13
Dusty's attack, assuming the handle animal roll succeeds:
attack [roll2]
confirm crit [roll3]
damage [roll4]
extra damage if crit [roll5]
trip [roll6]

Reflex Save: [roll3]

Resist Trip: [roll4]

The leader is pulled from his horse, and seems to fall unconscious. The revolver won't leave his hand (Perception check DC 10).

Ouch! Oh damn ...

Suddenly wounded, Gloria quickly considers her options ... and none seem good. She decides to try to blind the alchemist. If it works, perhaps he can stand down the others in exchange for me dismissing the spell.

ooc: Cast blindness at the alchemist; Fort DC 18 negates.

Resist Blindness: [roll5]

The Alchemist quickly pulls out another flask, and begins filling it with a different ocher liquid. Spellcraft DC 21, Knowledge Religion DC 18, Craft Alchemy DC 13 to identify the new 'potion'.

arkangel111
2016-07-09, 06:53 PM
Dogg quickly assess's the situation and decides to try and end this quickly. [Edited actions since its not my turn, but keeping rolls, will post below]

Essentia allocation: 3 total (1 max +1 totem) 2 in LS boots 1 in DC = 3
[roll] 1d6+10 Acid ----- if crit (19-20x2) [roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll] 1d6+10 Acid ----- if crit (19-20x2) [roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll] 1d6+10 Acid ----- if crit (19-20x2) [roll10] [roll11]
[roll12] [roll] 1d6+10 Acid [roll13] ----- if crit (19-20x2) [roll14] [roll15]

unsure of where exactly I am I wish to take the safest route towards an enemy I can charge.

Ralasha
2016-07-09, 07:50 PM
The four nearest men on the horses (which go before Dogg) fire their tube weapons.

Right side of the formation: nearest the halfling; at the halfling [roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Behind the leader, between two others and behind a horse; at the one with the greatsword [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Left side of the Formation; into the crowd: [roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

The alchemist drinks the ocher potion, then chucks the red one:
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11] + [roll12] splash duration

Everyone within ten feet of Gloria: reflex DC 16 or take 8 damage, and catch fire for 4 rounds, during which you take 2 damage per round.

avr
2016-07-09, 11:24 PM
Jal calls strength to Dusty then, energised by the faun's words he snaps a word of power to hide him from his enemies before speeding into their midst. The wolf he rides harries one of the bandits from behind.

Not that it mattered in the event, but if we're using PF combat maneuvers then the trip was opposed by CMD not a roll.

Perception DC 10 (Jal): [roll0]
Know (religion) DC 18 (Jal): [roll1] + free inspiration [roll2]
Reflex DC 16 (Jal): [roll3]
Reflex DC 16 (Dusty): [roll4]

Standard action (Jal): cast Bull's Strength on Dusty
Swift action (Jal): cast Grace on self (no AoO's from movement)
Move action (Jal): ready spear if it wasn't already
Move action (Dusty): Move to flank a bandit with Grivoult or Dogg or the female halfling in her fancy new (in Jal's opinion) metal armor, whichever's easiest.
If Dusty takes an AoO, Ride check to replace AC: [roll5]
Standard action (Dusty):
attack with flank, bull's strength: [roll6]
confirm crit: [roll7]
damage including aura, bull's strength: [roll8]
extra if crit: [roll9]
trip with flank/dirty fighting, bull's strength: [roll10]

arkangel111
2016-07-11, 12:25 AM
Pushing away the pain he charges and leaps at the nearest soldier, slashing at him with all 4 claws.

Reflex [roll0] Charge to W13 and continue with my 4 attacks on the rider as originally planned. Repasted here and consolidated for easy reference:
1st hit 12 // dmg 11+6 acid
2nd hit 17 // dmg 14+1 acid
3rd hit 24 // dmg 16+2 acid
4th hit 21 // dmg 11+3 acid

Ralasha
2016-07-11, 05:00 PM
Dog attacks, dissolving one of the bandits... There is apparently a new form of gelatinous cube amongst you...

The Leader takes 1 damage from his wounds (he failed his stabilization roll).

The halfling woman chucks a javelin at the bandit at y, 11-12, five foot steps closer, then attacks the horse with a Bastard sword, drawn as she stepped closer. (to Z, 13)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Anachronity
2016-07-11, 08:12 PM
One glance at the grim spectacle the bandit in front of him had become convinces Grivoult that the foe's right flank was in good... ah... paws. Though one had torn at his shoulder just moments ago, he feels he can afford little attention to the steeds as he rushes around to the halfling's side.

move around to Z12, provoking some AoO's; swinging at the horse at y 11 & 12

power attack: -2/+4
attack: [roll0]
(crit?): [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Ralasha
2016-07-11, 10:44 PM
Jal's wolf misses the bandit, as the horse canters under the rider's guidance. [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-07-14, 09:32 PM
One glance at the grim spectacle the bandit in front of him had become convinces Grivoult that the foe's right flank was in good... ah... paws. Though one had torn at his shoulder just moments ago, he feels he can afford little attention to the steeds as he rushes around to the halfling's side.

move around to Z12, provoking some AoO's; swinging at the horse at y 11 & 12

power attack: -2/+4
attack: [roll0]
(crit?): [roll1]
damage: [roll2]

Horse AoO[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Horse 2 AoO[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

You miss.

Ralasha
2016-07-19, 04:34 AM
The rear line of the Bandits, having seen what happened when the dog attacked one of their members, begins moving out of the gatehouse, followed by the line directly in front of them.

[roll0] DC 10 to hit the square.
[roll1] Electric Damage.
The alchemist hurls a vial of glowing yellow at A 12, everyone z - A by 12 - 13 roll reflex

Bandit at y-z, 9-10 shoots at [roll2]
1: Dogg
2: Grivoult
3: Halfling

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Roll AoOs if relevant.

Bandit at w-x, 9-10 fires at Dogg, roll AoO.

[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

The two rear lines are withdrawing, player's turns.

avr
2016-07-19, 05:22 AM
Jal laughs as the bandit overlooks him and shoots. "Never forget a halfling! Worse than you have regretted it!" he yells as he jabs up at the unguarded bandit's side.

AoO: Jal
Attack: [roll0] (+1 if hasted = 19)
Confirm crit (20/x3): [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Extra if crit: [roll3]
Spell storing weapon, casts Burning Disarm on hit. [roll4] damage, Reflex save DC 14 to have the option of dropping the gun instead. Which would negate his attack as an AoO occurs before the action triggering it.
AoO: Dusty
Attack: [roll5] (+1 if hasted = 27)
Confirm crit (20/x2): [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Extra if crit: [roll8]
Trip on hit (vs. CMD): [roll9] (+1 if hasted = 22)

kinem
2016-07-19, 05:27 PM
ooc: Gloria's action BEFORE the bandits acted:

Gloria casts a haste spell on her new friends and allies, seeing that her attempt to target the alchemist had backfired. Though his potion was a temporary solution ...

ooc: Gloria's action AFTER the bandits acted:

Gloria heals herself, and hopes that the enemies are indeed retreating and won't come back.

ooc: Healing hex on self: [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-07-21, 02:09 AM
Jal laughs as the bandit overlooks him and shoots. "Never forget a halfling! Worse than you have regretted it!" he yells as he jabs up at the unguarded bandit's side.

AoO: Jal
Attack: (1d20+8)[18] (+1 if hasted = 19)
Confirm crit (20/x3): (1d20+8)[11]
Damage: (1d6+4)[8]
Extra if crit: (2d6+8)[11]
Spell storing weapon, casts Burning Disarm on hit. (5d4)[14] damage, Reflex save DC 14 to have the option of dropping the gun instead. Which would negate his attack as an AoO occurs before the action triggering it.
AoO: Dusty
Attack: (1d20+9)[26] (+1 if hasted = 27)
Confirm crit (20/x2): (1d20+9)[28]
Damage: (1d6+5)[9]
Extra if crit: (1d6+5)[7]
Trip on hit (vs. CMD): (1d20+14)[21] (+1 if hasted = 22)

You hit. The man grimaces but manages to hold onto his weapon.
reflex save: [roll0]
Dusty attacks the horse, because his target was left unspecified. Remember what I said, the DM is evil. :smallamused:
He hits the horse. Having been struck previously by the other halfling: 'Alexis' (whom was the one in the roll for targets), the horse falls over dead. The trip attack is nullified.
Reflex save: [roll1] vs being trapped and injured by the falling horse.

The man is unhorsed, he managed to slip from the saddle when his horse fell dead, and is now on his feet. He drops his weapon and raises his rather badly burned hands...

The other bandits, those not withdrawing follow suite, surrendering.

Who remembers when the world tasted purple? A huge wave of wind and dust can be seen moving at impossible speed towards you from the northern horizon!

Everyone makes reflex saves! DC 35! Hurray! If you roll a 20 you win!

I'm not rolling for the NPCs or Bandits, since no one can make it without a twenty... I'm not very happy with what is happening elsewhere in the world right now... How in the hell does the person that's scripted to lose keep rolling 20's....

Ralasha
2016-07-22, 10:06 AM
The bandits, their horses and all of the people within sight are knocked down when struck by the shockwave. A few recently repaired windows shatter, and some smaller light items are blown down the street. Minor damage has occurred to many of the buildings within sight.

From the north the sound of drums is heard, though it sounds as though it is coming from many, many miles away.

A nearby bard lets out a strangled cry, though if it is of joy or outrage you are uncertain.

A nearby man dressed as a Cleric shivers visibly.

Everyone of good alignment suddenly feels rather cheerful.

A roaring noise is heard coming from the east, the bandits outside, those having regained their feet and having turned to look let out screams and hurriedly mount their horses to ride away from whatever made the noise.

A man is seen who leaps onto the wall to look, he is apparently momentarily startled... Then scratches his head in apparent confusion.

The sky is tinted vermilion for a few moments.

arkangel111
2016-07-22, 02:22 PM
Dogg quickly gathers himself. "I'll check it out." he says leaping in the air and blinking out of existence only to reappear higher up on the wall. Disregarding the startled guard he scans the horizon before him.

Reallocate (2) points into into blinkshirt and teleport up to 30ft. Perception check for [roll0]. The big thing I am looking for is to see what startled the man. After that I am looking for a general layout of the landscape.

avr
2016-07-23, 03:25 AM
Jal quickly gathers the weapons of those who surrendered into a pile. "Strange but favourable omens are fine enough, but let's not get shot while we interpret them. Jorgun, could you take custody of these fellows til we've had a chat with them? A bar on the outside of the door of one of your rooms should be easy enough to set up." He turns to Alexis with an apologetic smile. "If you've better somewhere in these halls that'd be better than fine of course."

Ralasha
2016-07-23, 08:55 AM
Several other are making their way into the blockhouse across from the tavern, from within onto the walls.

Other have begun making repairs to what has been damaged.

You see what appears to be a military patrol in the distance, fighting something.

Knowledge Nature to identify the monster.

Jorgun shakes his head. "There's prison cells beneath the Keep. They can go there."

The Halfling, 'Alexis' has already begun having the men strip at weapon point, and has others leading them off towards the middle of the town.

The group of them having made it out, including the Alchemist, have fled west.

kinem
2016-07-27, 07:44 AM
"If you're an injured ally, I can heal you" Gloria offers.

avr
2016-07-27, 07:47 AM
Jal follows the bandits being led off and tries to lead them to talk about the local area and who else might be found there. If they're all unwilling to talk, "I could surely put in a word for you if you're willing to help us. And what could a few words hurt, eh?"

skill [roll0] + free inspiration [roll1] =40

Ralasha
2016-07-27, 10:41 AM
"If you're an injured ally, I can heal you" Gloria offers.

Alexis looks over and nods in what appears to be acceptance of the offer. "Check the bystanders as well if you would be so kind. There are clerics in the crowds... I think, but best to be certain." She gestures a man in reinforced leather armor over and mutters something, he runs off.

"Now we just need to deal with future situations, such as the current modern military forces, which will likely be hostile. Any roaming beasties... Any monsters possessing sapience..." She sighs, removes her helmet and rubs her head, then puts the helmet back on. "Supply issues, such as food and amenities necessary for daily life... The Anarliars appear to have made it their personal life's goal to make the bath house self sustaining. Though I suspect they are just lechers." She closes her eyes and tilts her head back, "I just want to go to sleep..."

Jal follows the bandits being led off and tries to lead them to talk about the local area and who else might be found there. If they're all unwilling to talk, "I could surely put in a word for you if you're willing to help us. And what could a few words hurt, eh?"

skill [roll0] + free inspiration [roll1] =40

The bandits loosen slightly, "Talking is unlikely to be of any great assistance to us. We are bandits, you know? Death is our dinner." Several bandits grumble indifferently, but their chosen spokesman speaks lightly, "What did you want to know?"

avr
2016-07-27, 09:51 PM
"It's who else was here before these others and I appeared that I wonder about. Surely a land cannot be populated with bandits alone? Is there more than a farmer or two living within a day's ride?

"Further afield - I hope? - what great powers might look into the strange events happening here. No shame if you can't answer that," Jal shrugs.

Ralasha
2016-08-01, 03:23 PM
A different bandit answers, "There's towns, and farms. This area here has a few farms around, but mostly not. It's near the border, and considered cursed. It was supposedly the last holdout of the small... folk." He glances at Jal to the side. "I suppose that would be you." He shudders, "Next I'll find out Old Mother Oak is real..."

The guards escorting them appear to have slowed somewhat, but you also notice that you are rapidly approaching the center of the town. The number of men and women in armor with weapons out is gradually increasing.

The various bandits, picking up on the situation begin attempting to talk on top of each other in the hopes of slowing their progress.

There is a town roughly south of here, it is of modest size, having several hundred people.
The largest local port is to the east.
There are the remains of another fortress just east and west of here that 'you' may want to rebuild as well.
Monsters have been appearing at random all over the continent, the nations have begun putting out bounties, though both ears or the head of each monster are required as proof.
People having begun taking up arms and hunting them, though most never return. It's thought to be at least partially because of bandits attacking them for their valuables.
Strange occurrences have begun to happen all over the island. No, not just this island, but all of them, some have even happened at sea.
They chose this place because some of the roofs were still mostly intact, and they could hide here, since most people believe the area to be haunted.
There is another town just to the northeast. It's a foresting town, from which mining teams, surveys and supply caravans are sent out. It has a few thousand people. It is considered a large city.
The capital is about a half of a month's ride to the north toward the coast. It has around twenty thousand. It's a metropolis.

((Who in the party has knowledge local? Also, Jal, having gotten this info, and other minutiae, gains one rank in knowledge local (The Spined Isle).

I forgot something else. Exp from combat, I believe. 27+39+27+49+57+81+35= 315 Experience. Jal gains an additional 60 Experience. Dogg gains 90 for solo kill.

kinem
2016-08-01, 06:16 PM
Gloria begins checking the bystanders and healing anyone who needs it.

Ralasha
2016-08-01, 09:49 PM
There are two bystanders that were shot when the bandit's bullets missed.
There is one bystander that was hit by the alchemist's fireball in a flask.
Alexia was clipped by a horse.
Any of your party that were or were not injured.

Ralasha
2016-08-03, 08:32 AM
Skipping to morning.

Your rooms are all very simply furnished. A single bed, and a chest with no lock at the foot of each. The mattresses are straw stuffed, the pillows likewise. Made of thick felt to prevent the grass from poking through and irritating the skin. (Assuming you use the beds.)

The sounds of birds suddenly strikes loudly through the windows of the ancient tavern. The light of your first morning once more alive is bright, nearly dazzlingly so. Loud footsteps resound within the hallways, those that chose to sleep here have begun rousing for the day, making preparations.

The sloshing of water and the pouring of the same from buckets into tubs is still audible despite the noise.

Each of your doors is pounded upon loudly. "Oi, it's near sunrise, rise and shine." Additional pounding, and the same words can be heard being repeated on all three levels of the Inn which contain rooms for sleeping. The creaks of old wood, people yawning, and others getting to work outside joins the general din of noise pervading the air.

kinem
2016-08-03, 09:36 PM
Gloria pets her cast, Rusty, and whispers to him. As she does she prepares a new set of spells for the coming day.

After freshening up she eats a hearty breakfast at the Inn. While eating she asks around to find out if there have been new developments.

She then gathers those of her new allies who want to go see the goblins, and heads out of town with them.

Spells/day: 4 0th (unlimited casting), 3+2 1st, 3+2 2nd, 2+1 3rd; DC 16 + spell level
Spells prepared (&=conjuration):
0: daze, detect magic, light, stabilize
1: ear-piercing scream (3d6 + daze 1 round, Fort half and no daze)(x2), mage armor, snowball (+6 ranged touch, 5d6, Fort or stagger 1 round), charm person
2: blindness/deafness, silence, stone discus& (4d6,4d6; magic & silver) (x2), glitterdust
3: haste, stinking cloud, unadulterated loathing

Ralasha
2016-08-03, 10:01 PM
Gloria pets her cast, Rusty, and whispers to him. As she does she prepares a new set of spells for the coming day.

After freshening up she eats a hearty breakfast at the Inn. While eating she asks around to find out if there have been new developments.

She then gathers those of her new allies who want to go see the goblins, and heads out of town with them.

Spells/day: 4 0th (unlimited casting), 3+2 1st, 3+2 2nd, 2+1 3rd; DC 16 + spell level
1: ear-piercing scream (3d6 + daze 1 round, Fort half and no daze)(x2), mage armor, snowball (+6 ranged touch, 5d6, Fort or stagger 1 round), charm person
2: blindness/deafness, silence, stone discus& (4d6,4d6; magic & silver) (x2), glitterdust

Gather Information is covered under Diplomacy and Knowledge Local. The use of the skills represents the ability to decipher useful knowledge from speculative rumor. Originally this was why Gather Information was a separate skill. I shall treat Diplomacy as having this mechanic for this reason.

The short version: Diplomacy Check if you please.

kinem
2016-08-04, 04:29 PM
ooc: Gloria's diplomacy to gather information [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-08-05, 08:46 AM
As far as you can tell, there have been no new developments since the Gloom... :smallannoyed:

You know damn well that's inaccurate. On the bright side, you can try again!

kinem
2016-08-05, 01:12 PM
After breakfast Gloria chats up a different group of people and inquires about new developments.

OOC: diplomacy [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-08-05, 10:58 PM
A DC 10 gets you common knowledge.

The roads have begun being repaired.

The damage from the strange shockwave yesterday is nearly finished... they think.

More scouts are being sent out, others are being sent out to attempt to establish trade. Though what the large group here might trade is most likely mercenary or adventurer work.

A tunnel leading deep into the earth was discovered beneath the keep at the center of the fortress town.

A strange doorway that the mages think may have been a portal was found in the interior of the keep, though it appears damaged.

Soldiers have been spotted patrolling the roads, heading this way, several people are nervous, others anticipatory.

Anachronity
2016-08-09, 02:52 PM
Grivoult wakes only when roused by the voice, feeling well-rested yet disoriented by the difference in time of day between when he'd died and when he'd been brought back.

Hearing of the plans of the witch from yesterday's bandit attack, Grivoult asks around independently of her, searching for other heroes interested in joining them in their investigation of the goblins. As always, he keeps an ear out for interesting developments as well.

diplomacy: [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-08-09, 10:55 PM
Grivoult wakes only when roused by the voice, feeling well-rested yet disoriented by the difference in time of day between when he'd died and when he'd been brought back.

Hearing of the plans of the witch from yesterday's bandit attack, Grivoult asks around independently of her, searching for other heroes interested in joining them in their investigation of the goblins. As always, he keeps an ear out for interesting developments as well.

diplomacy: [roll0]

It seems a few individuals in town are in fact interested, one of which is a Goblin himself. The Witch, Gloria also plans on going. A Warforged was located, apparently inactive beneath the keep, most likely due to 'The Gloom'. They are, after all... capable of living forever, but the sudden deaths of so many immortals is still a mystery. The warforged appears to have retained all of it's capabilities, and enchantments, it almost appears to be in a fugue state.

With a 37, you also find out what Jal found out yesterday from a few guards, though it seems he disappeared when he tripped and touched the damaged portal, further experimentation has failed to yield similar results however. You are also notified of all of the information Gloria gained.

The Center of this town has effectively become the administrative center. Many of the leaders of this new community are considering making it a permanent home for adventurers, since it is so near to the middle of this section of the continental isle.

The walls are in very good repair now, thanks to the Druids efforts the crops should have a yield within a week. Though they have warned against doing so repeatedly, as it would damage the soil.

What appears to be an arcane tower was located to the north along the mountains to the east. It is not far from the Dwarves warring with the Giants, It is visible from the opposite edge of the forest if you look for it.

The mages in the nearest towns are apparently incapable of casting spells beyond third level, there are also far fewer spell casters than were expected. Not that anyone here is currently any different... which is odd... The archmages' remember their magic, but appear to have 'reverted' to their younger days... in terms of power, as has everyone else.

For other information you will require additional individual attempts, with specific details in mind.

kinem
2016-08-11, 09:25 PM
Assuming that Gloria finds out about the Goblin in town, she'll ask him about who he is, where he's from and what he might know about the local goblins. "I'm hoping we can establish a peace with them, and head off any trouble that might otherwise start."

Ralasha
2016-08-18, 04:28 PM
Assuming that Gloria finds out about the Goblin in town, she'll ask him about who he is, where he's from and what he might know about the local goblins. "I'm hoping we can establish a peace with them, and head off any trouble that might otherwise start."

It seems, lacking any knowledge of their tribe, ancestry or philosophical and ethical leanings, he is uncertain. He agrees with the idea of hopefully forming cordial relations, but is not optimistic on the matter. He's an aberration, much like the Pixy-Knight, though where such members of his old troupe might be is a mystery to his person.

His name is Kiplak, though he prefers the name Senechal. Of no Clan or Tribe due to disinheritance. He was a member of a roving band of do-gooder anthropomorphic creatures, "The Way-wards" A play on words, since most of them acted in manners considered entirely against their natures. The Pixy a Knight, he a Shaman, the Troll Monk, the Drow Celibate Healer who could do no harm, the Aasimar Rogue and the Tiefling Paladin, though even at this, they did not tend to meet the typical standards of their standard adventuring counterparts. A matter he thinks was intentional on everyone's part, mostly for humor's sake.

He enjoys eating, drinking, sleeping, studying strange things, and shorts walks off of long piers.

((How did I have you do HP?))

kinem
2016-08-18, 07:37 PM
"Well, Kiplak, you're quite an interesting goblin! Uh ... I hope that didn't sound racist" Gloria says. "Anyway, it might be helpful to have you along.

Anyone else coming?"

OOC: "Your first Heroic Hit Die is max, all others are rolled."

stanleyindraven
2016-08-19, 07:44 AM
A darkly dressed figure approaches. Just a moment before, his presence didn't even occur to anyone. His slow gaite and quiet movement gave an erie vibe to him. "I would be most interested in this venture. The name is Fleming, Jorgun Fleming. Pleased to meet you." His words were well crafted and stated with some air of royalty. He bowed half-way to mid-waist then straigtened. "I am a master of many trades and could help you along your ways."

kinem
2016-08-19, 05:15 PM
"Pleased to meet you, Fleming Jorgun Fleming. I am Gloria and sure you will be able to help."

With Fleming, Kiplak, Grivoult, and any others who wish to come in tow, Gloria will begin the journey to see the goblins.

As she leaves town she thinks I must admit, I'm not used to being around so many people. It's nice, for now, to hit the open road.

Ralasha
2016-08-20, 03:04 AM
"Pleased to meet you, Fleming Jorgun Fleming. I am Gloria and sure you will be able to help."

With Fleming, Kiplak, Grivoult, and any others who wish to come in tow, Gloria will begin the journey to see the goblins.

As she leaves town she thinks I must admit, I'm not used to being around so many people. It's nice, for now, to hit the open road.

"It is also nice to make your acquaintance Gloria And I Am Sure You Will Be Able To Help."

The goblin smirks, "I hope no one is late coming back or else he may be 'The Late Fleming Jorgun Fleming'..."

kinem
2016-08-20, 08:48 AM
Gloria laughs nervously. "Ah, goblin humor. At least you didn't set him on fire so you could call him Flaming Jorgun Fleming."

Ralasha
2016-08-20, 05:16 PM
Gloria laughs nervously. "Ah, goblin humor. At least you didn't set him on fire so you could call him Flaming Jorgun Fleming."

"What is this... Goblin humor?" He looks quizzically at Gloria.

The road is rather straight, if ill maintained. The forest on either side has apparently been gradually encroaching. Here or there are tell-tale signs of locals, in the form of paths leading off into the woods with cart ruts worn into the dirt. Weeds and grass have taken over much of the spaces between the ancient paving stones, some of them having managed to sink at odd angle into the ground beneath them. Several areas appear entirely buried.

((I almost called him 'The Late Flaming Jorgun Fleming'.))

It is a quiet day over all, the sounds of birds and animals in the distance calling to one another instills a sense of peace and calm, normality. All is right with the world. (But then the fire nation attacked! This is a bad joke.)

Listen Checks, DC 10.

kinem
2016-08-20, 09:37 PM
ooc: Gloria's Perception [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2016-08-22, 08:23 AM
Mr. Flemings perception: [roll0]

Ralasha
2016-08-22, 09:46 PM
(Kinem, please PM the other player which appears to have remained.)

After a few short hours of travel, you spot what appears to be a small, slightly ruined military camp, most likely made by a patrol. You hear what sounds like the roar of battle a small distance off to one side of the road.

You notice what appear to be large footprints leading from one side of the road to other, towards the camp, then through the remains of the tents, as though giving chase. DC 18 Knowledge Nature Check to identify the source

You smell a powerful musky, and sour odor. DC 18 Knowledge Nature Check to identify the source

kinem
2016-08-23, 10:13 PM
"I guess we'd better check that out" Gloria says. If the others agree, she'll cast mage armor on herself before heading quickly over to where the sounds are coming from.

Ralasha
2016-08-25, 09:49 PM
Gloria heads towards the noise, while the other two PC's in the group pull out torches. Because they are apparently disinterested, so I'll NPC them.

You follow the path of disturbance with... disturbing ease. It appears to have been a moving battle, but just ahead you hear a man scream, only to be suddenly silenced. The sounds of battle still continue, but the noise appears subdued.

Ahead you see a clearing, roll knowledge checks to see if you can recognize the big malformed greenskin standing amongst soldiers shooting it with the pipe thingys, and hacking it with melee weaponry to little effect.

stanleyindraven
2016-08-26, 07:27 AM
"Well, looks like we might see some action. Though watching how this plays out would be nice too." Jorgun says.

kinem
2016-08-26, 07:38 PM
Gloria says "What? We should do something!"

She targets the big green-skinned humanoid with her slumber hex.

(ooc: Will DC 19 or sleep for 6 rounds or until damaged)

She says to the soldiers "What's the story!?"

1: ear-piercing scream (3d6 + daze 1 round, Fort half and no daze)(x2), mage armor (cast), snowball (+6 ranged touch, 5d6, Fort or stagger 1 round), charm person

Ralasha
2016-08-26, 10:29 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll][roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll][roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

The thing before you finished ripping the man's torso in twain his legs landing to one side, his arms to another, He lifts his hands to his mouth to begin eating what he kept hold of, but falls suddenly on his face asleep.

The soldiers cheer and one of them strikes at the hulking bestial thing, it twitches.

(None of these soldiers are actually anything more than proficient, since in a world with firearms, physical strength is considered secondary to accuracy with said projectile weaponry. They average a 12 strength.)

kinem
2016-08-27, 06:29 PM
Gloria exclaims "Fool! If you haven't woken him already, any blow that hurts him will. We have little time in any case before he wakes. What is he? Tell me fast, then run away fast, I think."

Ralasha
2016-08-27, 09:49 PM
Some of the soldiers turn towards you, one of them screams 'It's another monster!'.

They take defensive stances, one of them speaks rationally. "We've no idea what it is aside from big, carnivorous, and very difficult to kill. We've wounded it a few times, but it keeps healing." He is obviously forcing himself to remain rational, judging by his shaking and a tremor of panic lacing his voice. "It smells rancid, and it's very strong. In both senses, physical might, and odor." :smalleek:

stanleyindraven
2016-08-29, 08:06 AM
"Hmm, may be a troll. Douse it in something flamable and set it ablaze." Fleming says. He then shifts his weight to his right foot and draws his blade. (I'll show you flaming fleming)

Ralasha
2016-08-29, 08:34 AM
"Hmm, may be a troll. Douse it in something flamable and set it ablaze." Fleming says. He then shifts his weight to his right foot and draws his blade. (I'll show you flaming fleming)

Appropriate Knowledge roll if you please. Nature, Local, or Geography. :smallsmile:

kinem
2016-09-01, 08:35 PM
While Fleming tries to figure out how to kill the giant, Gloria uses her magic to try to limit the threat it will soon pose.

First she uses her Evil Eye hex to try to make the creature more vulnerable to magic.
(ooc: Will DC 19 or -2 to saves for the next 9 rounds)

Then she casts Blindness at the sleeping creature.
(ooc: Fort neg DC 18)

Next she casts Unadulterated Loathing at the creature, choosing herself as the object of the loathing.
(ooc: Will neg DC 19 or it will be nauseated when within 60' of her, and try to flee beyond that distance, for the next 6 days)

Next is another Evil Eye hex on it.
(ooc: Will DC 19 or -2 to attack rolls for the next 9 rounds)

Finally she readies herself to cast Haste to help the group flee if the above precautions fail.

Ralasha
2016-09-04, 01:38 AM
The Goblin Shaman reaches into his robes and pulls out a tiny fire elemental. Apparently his familiar... or companion of sorts.

(I'm cheating. Using the Animal Companion ACF (Grants an animal companion as a Druid in place of a Familiar) in conjunction with the Elemental Companion ACF (Grants an Elemental in place of an animal.) Due to RAW, it is legal, it also happens to not be horribly broken. Only just slightly broken...)

The Elemental quickly grows to Small size, the Shaman shakes it's head sadly, "If we have all been damaged to such a state as this" he mumbles in Goblin, "what have we that can destroy that which threatens this plane?" In common he continues "One thing which I have always found particularly odd, is that short of using words in conjunction with each other, usually in an unnecessarily complicated manner, there is no means of communicating such ideas as 'save', 'rescue' or 'hope' in Goblin. The same is of course true for many other similar terms."

The Shaman summons a Small gelatinous cube, then casts a spell to enhance it's 'natural attacks' with fire damage. His mouth wanders, giving away his own strange thought patterns, rhetorical questions abound, "If you mix an ooze and a slime do you get a pudding?" is one such example. Less knowledgeable individuals than typical adventurers, say... typical soldiers, might find the Shaman slightly off-putting, not quite frightening or intimidating, but with a hint of foreboding due to streams of extremely questionable questions. Such as 'what happens if you cut it apart and can it, would it keep refilling the cans?' or 'I wonder if it would be edible...', 'An infinite source of nutrition perhaps?'

The goblin appears to prepare a spell. Static fills the air, and your hair begins to stand on end as he rubs a bit of fur against a quartz crystal on the end of a copper rod. Ritual magic?