PDA

View Full Version : GM seeking Underdark map templates

mackdaddie
2016-06-02, 03:06 PM
Greetings, gamer type doods! I've decided to take my gamers for a ride in what is loosely based on the Forgotten Realms Underdark, complete with underground civilizations and wonders of that ilk. I'm a lazy bastard that struggles to draw stick figures, and I could use some good map templates. I don't want maps with encounters on it, I want big glorious blank underground maps I can fill in at my leisure. I would love some kind of online map that I could place things on, but I am old and unaware if such things exist. You, oh mighty and wise ones, are likely to hold these nuggets of information, and I would appreciate it if you could share them with me.

Thanks in advance fellas,and have a great week.

mackdaddie
2016-06-02, 03:41 PM
Greetings, gamer type doods! I've decided to take my gamers for a ride in what is loosely based on the Forgotten Realms Underdark, complete with underground civilizations and wonders of that ilk. I'm a lazy bastard that struggles to draw stick figures, and I could use some good map templates. I don't want maps with encounters on it, I want big glorious blank underground maps I can fill in at my leisure. I would love some kind of online map that I could place things on, but I am old and unaware if such things exist. You, oh mighty and wise ones, are likely to hold these nuggets of information, and I would appreciate it if you could share them with me.

Thanks in advance fellas,and have a great week.

After a few minutes searching, I've found more than I wanted, but if you guys have favorite sources, I'd still appreciate the advice. Back to pinning, thanks again.

Falcon X
2016-06-03, 09:48 AM
Nah, my only advice would be to get the 5e adventure Out of the Abyss and convert some of it's stuff. It's so rich in underdark everything.

Gallowglass
2016-06-03, 10:06 AM
After a few minutes searching, I've found more than I wanted, but if you guys have favorite sources, I'd still appreciate the advice. Back to pinning, thanks again.

Hey feel free to post links to the results of your own search so that we can all benefit from your hard work

Tiktakkat
2016-06-03, 11:12 AM
Get the maps from the old D series modules and reinterpret them.
Do the same with the maps from the Night Below boxed set. They have more labeled areas, but a few numbers shouldn't matter that much.

Bullet06320
2016-06-04, 05:13 AM
use tracing paper on existing maps then populate as you please