PDA

View Full Version : Worst thing another player has done to you?

Grrosgor
2007-06-27, 09:06 PM
Inspired by the "How would you handle this situation" thread - where a player pushed the party cleric into a room with an irate dragon. I was wondering what experiences other people have had where another player has done something to them that you weren't very happy about.

I mentioned in that thread a game I played in where the sorcerer cast enlarge person on my rogue to block a 10" passage so an Owlbear couldn't get to him. I laugh about that now though. :smallsmile:

In another game, I remember one player getting really P'd off at another player and picking up his pet wardog and throwing it off a cliff :eek:

What has happened to you or that you've seen happen to someone else?

Emperor Tippy
2007-06-27, 09:22 PM
Pissed off in-character or out-of-character?

IC I have pissed off tons of my fellow party members and they have pissed me off and each other.

OOC I have never seen any of the people I game with pissed at any other.

We have plotted and schemed, killed each other, slept with the other characters wives behind their backs, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. But OOC we all just laugh about it.

Stormcrow
2007-06-27, 09:42 PM
The party druid used produce flame to torch the Inn I was in to punish me for starting a bar fight once...

Yechezkiel
2007-06-27, 09:51 PM
Our female Elven Ranger's sister got possessed by some devil or demon and the Human Paladin killed her while the Rgr was trancing. The best part is, the Paladin's Rogue brother (PC), was half-possessed too (maybe half-Tiefling) and convinced the Paladin to do it.

Seffbasilisk
2007-06-27, 09:58 PM
My first game ever, my character had the majority of his cash spent on his greataxe (It was level 9), and one of the PCs, while he was unconscious, stole his axe and tried to throw it away, and when it returned (had throwing and returning on it), she carefully placed it in the river. The next morning, they tied me to a horse and rode off.

Grrosgor
2007-06-27, 10:06 PM
Pissed off in-character or out-of-character?

Either. Just whatever has happened to you or someone else that you weren't particularly happy about.

In the dog throwing incident I think it was a bit of both. The player was P'd off but arguable his character could have been too given the circumstance (mind you that was 15 years ago and I've forgotten what the circumstances were)

SurlySeraph
2007-06-27, 10:09 PM
I was an elf paladin. The rogue sold me to the Drow...

Tallis
2007-06-27, 10:17 PM
3 situations come to mind.
In the first the group was entering a dwarven stronghold. They were passing though a corridor lined with arrow slits, so one of them pushed the mage up against the arrow slits to shield him as he walked past.
The second was an ongoing rivalry of practical jokes between me and another mage in the party. Hold person and invisibility on clothes in the middle of town, gluing him together with the girl he was having sex with (who was disguised as a guy),just embarrassing things mainly. Until the last session of the campaign when he blew me up. Officially it was an accident, but it's debateable wether or not he knew I was there.
The third started with an arguement in a bar between the party mage and rogue. The mage pulled out his crossbow, meaning to shoot the table in front of the rogue. He fumbled badly and ended up hitting him. The rogue left. That night he snuck into the mages room at the inn and killed his familiar. This dropped the mage a level and led to fight to the death. The rogue won, hid the body, stole his things and left town.

I should point out that none of these led to OOC problems.

Diggorian
2007-06-27, 10:19 PM
From the other thread:

In a game I played a ghost possessed barbarian that was after a high level spellbook, the ghost wanted it. Our kobold trapsmith found the secret chamber containing it first, so I pushed him inside to trigger any traps there. He was blinded temporarily while I ran out with the tome.

My PC returned the party with missing time during a fight with a carrion crawler. It paralyzed me, and guess who came up to sneak attack my ignorant character?

Hell hath no fury like a kobold scorned :smallbiggrin:

Later on, the kobold got killed by a trap but was raised by a mysterious (cursed?) magic item. He was fine for a few hours but was begining to feel ... odd. While we were camping, ofcourse on my watch, he finished his transformation into a wight! And went to drain our sleeping allies.

I fought the little creep despite taking a couple of negative levels. My Raptoran barbarian/scout got him running off so rage-skirkimish-powerattacked him with my glaive in an aerial charge. He was destroyed, but I lost the saves and lost a level. Retired my PC.

IRL me and that player are the best of friends and have been for years. Still, our characters tend to have friction more often than not.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-06-27, 10:22 PM
Well, long story short: The worst thing another PC has done is survive a coup de grace.:smallannoyed:

illyrus
2007-06-27, 10:41 PM
One PC webbed my character that was currently being grappled and energy drained by a vampire spawn to "buy time" and then was planning to set the web on fire to kill my character before he was killed by the spawn. Cleric turned the spawn before that could happen.

In Shadowrun I had another PC frame my character for murder with Lonestar in a very stupid way that nearly got us all killed. Sadly the GM would not let me put a bullet in his brain the next night while he slept for that. : (

Worst thing I've done is when I joined a game already in progress. No one bothered to tell me the old PCs had been dominated by the BBEG. We proceed thru the dungeon until we get to the "boss fight". Random dwarf leaps out at my character, on my turn I score 3 critical hits and down him before any of the other PCs or players can say a thing. Find out later that was an old character of one of the other players he was planning to take back over once he was rescued. Oopsy.

Anxe
2007-06-27, 10:48 PM
Only time my character has ever died was when he put on a cursed necklace that choked me. My party's solution was to chop my head off. Then they could slip the necklace off. I got them back though. In a different campaign they routinely threatened to kill my Halfling Fighter who was way better than any of theirs (No joke. This fighter kicked butt.). My Halfling then did some scouting into a cave and saw 3 trolls. He told the rest of the party that it was all clear then once they were a bit into the cave he shouted out, "Hey trolls! Fresh meat coming for ya!" They beat the trolls but insisted that my Halfling leave the party afterwards.

Lucky
2007-06-27, 10:53 PM
In a D20 Future game awhile back, my character managed to piss off one of my fellow PCs enough that he tossed me off a platform in the upper atmosphere.

He had a lot of time to think about what he did wrong before he hit the ground.

Ravyn
2007-06-27, 10:55 PM
Kills my favorite NPC, one of a grand total of two things my character'd managed to get attached to in the entire game, then goes and turns the entire party against me. Player claimed it was "to get character development", but that was not the direction in which I was supposed to be going.

...repentant deathknight, my foot.

Exarch
2007-06-27, 11:17 PM
Saddly, most of my games end up being the DM vs. a player. Though there was one time when, during a pirate campaign, a Warforged PC (with the Adamantium Skin feat) took over the captain's quarters, even though the captain was a Halfling PCs. So my Ranger shot him, and ran up onto the deck. The warforged followed...and as he reached the top and came after me, the other PCs hit him with the boom (or whatever) and knocked him off the ship. He couldn't swim.

Delaney Gale
2007-06-28, 10:32 AM
Hmm. I've done some nasty stuff to my party... >> Yay playing evil.

My archmage feebleminded the other arcane caster in the party for waking him up in the middle of the night to ask if he knew knock so he could get into the ship captain's liquor cabinet.

The telepath regularly pretends to be the voice in my archmage's head, freaking him out.

My rogue/swashbuckler convinced the party that the necklace of fireballs was worthless (go Bluff, go!)

Worst thing the DM did to me? Used skill tricks before the Complete Scoundrel was released to get my character (who had disguised herself as a prostitute to get information from an NPC) to sleep with said NPC.

GoblinJTHM
2007-06-28, 10:34 AM
have a party member roll up a chaotic evil char just so he could randomly kill me at some time at the very beginning of the campaign...it wasn't that bad

banjo1985
2007-06-28, 10:41 AM
I killed the party paladin to fulfill my promise to Orcus and become a true vampire hehe.

The worst thing I've ever seen one player do to another happened last year. A new player joined our group early in a campaign, and met the rest of a party in a forest, being a halfling ranger. Two of the party proceeded to kills him before he even had chance to say a word!

At least he didn't have chance to get attached to the character before it kicked the bucket!

Green Bean
2007-06-28, 10:43 AM
Well, like so many 'DM and Player Nightmare' stories, this one is about a CN sorcerer with pyromania. Basically, we were negotiating with the general of a Generic Evil Army (tm), and he gets bored. Keep in mind this was a high-level game, so the sorcerer has a lot of power to throw around, and the character was portrayed as incredibly whimsical. Anyways, let's just say that it ended with him force-feeding the general a Delayed Blast Fireball while Time Stopped, and bringing approximately half a million enemy troops down on us, not to mention the general's two epic level wizards.

Of course, when all is said and done, feeding a guy a Delayed Blast Fireball is pretty darn awesome, so we quickly forgave him, especially when the DM declared that the whole thing never happened (I don't blame him; it was the first session of what was going to be a long term campaign).

Abbott
2007-06-28, 10:53 AM
This was in a different game system, but I suppose my character would count as a cleric. She was thoroughly and utterly mad and quite evil. The group had confronted her arch-nemesis, a scheming fire wizard who had had her family executed. In the ensuing fight, she lost her arm and became unconscious and when she woke up and found he was dead, she attacked the elf **** who was responsible with her sword.

OOC I had a right to be pissed, though, becaue me and the DM had discussed during the lunch break a way for her to get her arm back, namely by sacrificing said evil wizard (oh, and the elf's player had heard it).

valadil
2007-06-28, 11:15 AM
Oddly enough I'm usually the one dishing out the hate. Or at least retaliating to it.

My gnome, Grimble (and this was back in 3.0 before Gimble became the iconic gnome), conducted an experiment with several dream spells to induce nightmares followed by some illusory demons to see if paladins could crap their pants.

I also had a halfling rogue for an unfortunately brief game. Another player was part demon. This other player didn't grasp that wanting your character to be an uber badass doesn't make it happen within the game world. Whenever my character snuck off to go stealing he metagamed against me and scolded me for it regardless of whether he had any clue what I'd been up to. He also claimed that due to his backstory he was immune to my bluff checks. I claimed that since in my backstory my rogue came from a planet with a kryptonite sun I had super halfling powers, but I don't think the player got the point. Anyway, I eventually went to church and made the confession that I'd been adventuring with a demon. I felt sick and dirty but was powerless to do anything against him. So I rallied the paladins up against the guy. Every town we went into I'd pick a new diety and have his paladins hunt this guy down. He stopped screwing with me after that, but the game stopped soon after.

I played a wonderful little bard by the name of Raoul. He accumulated new titles every game session. After several months of playing he had accumulated several minutes of heraldry. When the group met new NPCs I was pretty much the only talkative player so I went through introductions for the party, including my extended name. The dwarf took exception to this and started throwing rocks at me. Now, what made my character interesting was that he was working as a spy for the arcane hosttower of luskan. The character really wanted to be a good guy, but was terrified of betraying the arcane brotherhood. My part of the game was all about maintaining connections to the tower while trying to decide who to side with ultimately. The rock throwing pushed my Raoul over the edge. During a particularly nasty encounter I announced that I was dim dooring out for help. I brought the barely conscious mage with me and left the rest of them to die. My character went for the host tower but regretted it. He's since been upgraded to NPC status and has tried to atone for his sins, but nobody really knows what he's up to. The current game in that setting is winding to a close and I've been informed that Raoul will be involved and I may get to play him a bit. I'm campaigning to get to play him and my current character at once, not because I could be nasty in combat with two characters but because both of them are rather vocal bards and I'd love to roleplay both sides of their arguments.

Tyger
2007-06-28, 11:21 AM
Punched me in the nose, stole my girlfriend, wrapped my car around a tree and stole my Def Leppard record.

Oh??? In character??? :smallbiggrin:

Sold me into slavery. Still haven't quite figured out what the hell his plan was. He keeps saying that he had one, but I can't figure it out. We ran like hell. And he was officially never allowed to make plans without discussing it with the party first from that moment forward.

psychoticbarber
2007-06-28, 11:24 AM
As far as the worst thing my group has ever done to a player, it was more of a group effort, and I wasn't the poor player trapped by the party.

It was a little thing, but really something that tended to frustrate the player.

We had a Sorcerer, Two Fighters (one ranged, one melee), and a Cleric. The melee fighter's character concept was "low-level town guardsman adventuring against his will," and boy did we abuse that.

We didn't have a rogue. The Fighter's name became "Trap Monkey!" He did what we told him to, because we were clearly his superiors (if that's not good roleplaying, I don't know what is). One time I was asked by the Fighter to open a chest, because he was near unconsciousness and it was probably trapped.

So I did. I stood to one side and opened the chest. An arrow flew out of the lid, hitting the poor Fighter (who had been standing behind me) square in the chest, knocking him unconscious.

I almost felt for the poor trap monkey.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-28, 11:36 AM
We had a rogue who refused to open the locked door that stopped us from leaving the first room. He thought that we were out to get him and had put a giant trap on the door that was impossible to find. It was a prison cell. Who traps a prison cell door? So after our wizard had wasted a spell blowing the door up (he only had fire and blowy up style spells) we had to battle the guards. the rogues response to this was to 'search' the corner i.e stand in the corner and watch us fight for him. Later I pushed him in front of a troll tht he was trying to sneak past to grab the treasure while we all died. Although due to my actions our clerics were killed as my fighter was acting as a human shield. I regret nothing. So we ended the dungeon with only me and the wizard surviving.

psychoticbarber
2007-06-28, 11:45 AM
We had a rogue who refused to open the locked door that stopped us from leaving the first room. He thought that we were out to get him and had put a giant trap on the door that was impossible to find. It was a prison cell. Who traps a prison cell door? So after our wizard had wasted a spell blowing the door up (he only had fire and blowy up style spells) we had to battle the guards. the rogues response to this was to 'search' the corner i.e stand in the corner and watch us fight for him. Later I pushed him in front of a troll tht he was trying to sneak past to grab the treasure while we all died. Although due to my actions our clerics were killed as my fighter was acting as a human shield. I regret nothing. So we ended the dungeon with only me and the wizard surviving.

If your next rogue is this bad, just find yourself a trap monkey. :smallbiggrin:

Diggorian
2007-06-28, 12:44 PM
I've posted a worst thing, but it was character driven. This is a player metagame thing. I think it's worth the read :smallbiggrin:

Alternity Star Drive: I was a T'Sa (think halfing velociraptor) arms dealer trying to make a deal with these space pirates on their base to attack the alien-occupied main world of this system to rescue the other half of the party. With me is a rogue type human mutant who served as my shiphand and biographer (I optioned my early adventures into movie and TV miniseries rights :smallamused: ).

Off on his own with a "hospitality girl", the rogue was accosted by some pirate hands making lewd suggestion to the both of them. Rogue backed them down but became paranoid. He'd had a rough time adjusting to the stygian style of our GM

We meet back up and negotiate with pirate boss whose officier needs some expertise of the rogue elsewhere. Rogue refused flat out. I made it an order. He got irrate so I, his captain, try to calm him down. Pirates get a couple of security into the room on stand by. So, two pirate guards, pirate boss, pirate officier, and me trying to calm him; who does he attack? Me.

Wrestling match ensues with him shooting me in the grapple twice (natural armor but still a small guy). After my crewman knocks me unconscious, he holds a pistol on me as a hostage against the pirates. I'm HIS captain, on HIS side. Dude was actually holding the main character of the campaign, me, against the DM.

Pirates didnt offer anything save opening the door to the room, so he shot my PC once more and threw him in the corner before running out of the room. How do you escape a pirate base that is a colossal tank rolling across a frozen moon and you cant fly a starship? He didnt know either.

The player left the game that night, but do we have stories about him. I gamed with him again in another group I was part of, still a dumba$$.

skywalker
2007-06-28, 01:38 PM
The setting: A massive dungeon of a temple our DM had constructed, the altar of Odin.
The players:1. Me, a lawful good paladin of Odin 2. My friend Joe, a "break-the-module" type of player, also a guy our DM didn't really like, he wasn't getting the spotlight at all, etc. He is playing a CN bard who also worships Odin.

Due to a very, very dumb move by the party wizard, we had sold a shocking longsword to help pay for a res. Little did we know this was supposed to be the bard's magic weapon(why there wasn't instead a magic instrument, the world will never know). This temple was giving out plenty of goodies to everyone but the bard. He had escaped a trap with a tremendous treasure, but it crumbled to dust when he escaped cuz he wasn't lawful good. Then we found some "traps" that gave good characters resistance to fire, and lawful characters resistance to cold. Of course, the bard was neither of these, and the only character who didn't receive some sort of resistance. At this point, he was praying to Odin to give him some kind of sign of his love. Our DM sucked and nothing came of it. So he said "screw you odin" and sent his raven figurine(he had gotten attached to it, kinda like a poor man's familiar) to crap on Odin's(newly consecrated) altar.

The cleric and my paladin caught the raven in a crossfire before it could do anything, and then my paladin snapped a javelin in half to make a switch and beat him senseless. 500XP for me, one less player in the group.

I think that's probably the worst thing I've ever done or had done to me in D&D. Oh, I was playing FATE once and my GF(playing a mage) had my character's vision turn into "vegetable vision" for a night when he tried to sleep with a bar wench. That sucked.

Playing a modern CofC campaign, one of the PCs became a half-zombie, by eating food off of a plate with the zombification symbol on it. Whenever a plate broke, they would attack. So, I broke a plate, beat the guy off of me, then tied him up so he wouldn't attack me anymore. Then I proceeded to break every plate. He would twitch every time 1 broke. The third investigator walks in, sees this spectacle of a man holding a gun smashing plates, a tied up young man and woman(NPC) bloody and bruised twitching on the floor, and immediately takes out a camera phone and uploads the whole thing to youtube. THAT was funny.

Roderick_BR
2007-06-28, 02:07 PM
I think I already commented that these ones:
Elf Wizard: Was going to jump over some traps. The group's fighter and rogue had already passed, found, and disabled some traps.
When I asked which places I could walk over, the fighter told me where to step.
The rogue turned to him and said "wait, isen't that path the place we didn't check for traps?"
The rest is story.
Dwarf Cleric: My character was just entering a mine, when the group's fighter (the same player from the previous tale) decided to "ride" a mine cart, EXACTLY when I entered, walking over the rail. My shortest lived character, ever!

No, the fighter's player have nothing against me. I was just unlucky to have walked close to him, as many others players and PCs suffered the same fate :smalltongue:

Tormsskull
2007-06-28, 02:18 PM
My first game ever...(It was level 9)

Your first game ever was level 9? That's odd.

I haven't been really messed with by other players too much, usually just by DMs. But when I am DMing I have seen:

A PC frame another PC for murder in order to get that PC out of the way.

A PC steal a magical resource from another PC (a once you touch it you get it deal).

A PC kill an NPC that was friends with another PC because the PC sided with the NPC over the other PC.

A PC lock up a warehouse with another PC and a bunch of homeless people inside because one of the homeless NPC's (a kid) stole the other PC's shoes (just ordinary shoes) and wouldn't return them. After locking up the warehouse he set it on fire.

Indon
2007-06-28, 02:23 PM
I'm a somewhat nieve lawful good fighter adventuring with a band of scoundrel mercenary types.

One of the other PC's: "Hey, there's this unnatural inky blackness up ahead. Let's send the Fighter, he's tough!"

My PC: "Well, okay, yeah, I am tough."

*horrible screaming and mauling ensues and they pull my character out*

One of them: "Man, he's almost dead!"

Me: *Stabilized!*

One of them: "We're out of healing potions."

The evil Warforged: "Hey, let's feed him this unidentified potion I made from vampire ash and minotaur dung!"

Me: *Dead from poisonous potion*

Them: "Let's divvy his loot!"

Aramil Liadon
2007-06-28, 08:31 PM
Well... I managed to TPK the party... With a bard...

A word to the wise: Stay away from haunted mansions with narrow corridors if you have an undercover werewolf in the party. If you ignore this warning, then DON'T SPLIT UP!
Also:
Don't wear armour that can be destroyed by the shatter spell.
Don't fall asleep.
Don't get your weapons confiscated beforehand.
Don't play characters with vulnerability to fire.

Nevertheless, it was no mean feat to kill a rogue + wizard + mummy with STR 35, especially as a (were)bard.

enderrocksonall
2007-06-29, 04:00 AM
In a 3.0 game my new character was introduced as the muscle for a local mobster type guy. I was pitted against the rest of the party as a test of their combat worthiness and one of the characters used the oath of their oathbow on me, in an attempt to kill me and prove their combat worth.

It turns out that we left town together that day to attack a caravan. In the middle of the night we were attacked by some creature, and my character ended up blinded halfway through the fight. The oathbow guy, seeing many of the party were blind, and not wanting to lose the magic of his bow, fires an arrow at my back, which happened to critical me, dealing some obscene amount of damage and killing me.

Eldred
2007-06-29, 04:54 AM
A while ago (maybe about a year) we had a group of mainly melee, and I decided to play a sorcerer instead. We were in some random dungeon, and we came across a taught wire. The party then spent about 10 minutes talking about this wire, and because I just wanted to go through the dungeon I told them to just leave it. At the same time our barbarian shouts "Let's cut the wire!" So, before anyone can stop him, he cuts the wire and sets off a trap, with a boulder tumbling straight for us. Everyone makes their reflex save, but me :smalleek:

Our DM gave us a nice gory definition of what happens, and my sorcerer comes out with both his legs and an arm broken. From that point on, I had to be wheeled about in a wheelbarrow. I think that's karma on the barbarian :smallsmile:

Apollo1564
2007-06-29, 12:41 PM
Our party barbarian ochestrated an assassination attempt on myself and another monk in the party. I passed the fort save death attack but was still badly injured. He then tried to "save me" by administering CPR. In reality he was trying to cave in my chest. Threats of bodily harm (Out of game) got him to stop before I died (in game).

My friend playing the other monk ended up worse off. Walks back in from the bathroom and the first words out of our DM's mouth were "Fortitude Save." He rolled a nat 19 and failed. This prompted the (still) running gag of "Fortitude Save" when we walk back to the table.

Meschaelene
2007-06-29, 01:35 PM
Another character "disguised" me by polymorphing me into a cow. He then sold me for butchering.

In a solo adventure, I escaped and fled (I had memorized "Shout" and, with a really high spellcraft check, "Moo" worked as the verbal component), finding a druid who recognized that my actions were decidedly non-bovine and restored my original form.

I then used hold person on this character just as he sat up in his comfortable bed at the inn. I calmly proceeded to explain to him the error of his ways and how I was disappointed that he would betray my trust in him -- all as I ringed him with oil, lit my pipe with a twig from the fireplace, and threw it on the bed. Afterwards, I animated his corpse and put it in my bag of holding to use for opening potentially trapped chests.

As a DM, the worst thing I ever did was kill a PC with the player's former PC (who, in the intervening time period, had dealt with his cyberpsychosis by becoming a transvestite prostitute/cybernetic pitfighter -- this was C'Punk 2020, so it's all fair).

Liliedhe
2007-06-29, 02:41 PM
Good question... ;)

In D&D: Got my character branded and banished from the land (and out of the campaign), because he forced me to kill him. Ok, that probably doesn't count. But maybe, "taking extra long on the way to the next town, so my replacement character was forced to sit idle for two gaming sessions because the play happened elsewhere" counts. :smallbiggrin:

In Shadowrun: Just the usual lying, cheating and betraying... It didn't happen to me, but it probably is worthy to be mentioned: A group of runners had managed to get imprisoned in Tir na nOg. Another PC who worked for the IRA freed them and recruited them for a mission which they tanked spectacularly. Finally, they just wanted out of the country, but missed their contact and where stranded in the middle of a town in heavy combat gear and armour. The IRA-member, who was being hunted by the Seelie Court realised, that she would be arrested and probably executed on the spot for sure, if she stayed with these fools. So she manaballed them and the policemen who wanted to arrest them for bearing illegal equipment and ran... They were not amused.

And @SurlySeraph: I feel for you. That's pretty much the nastiest thing I ever heard...

Missing Shoe
2007-06-29, 04:11 PM
Worst thing in character? Me and another PC joined the ranks of an evil god and plotted to kill the other PCs behind their back. Then we did.

Out of character we are usually pretty calm. Everyone plays nicely (out of character that is).

Grrosgor
2007-07-01, 07:42 PM
Another character "disguised" me by polymorphing me into a cow. He then sold me for butchering.

As a DM, the worst thing I ever did was kill a PC with the player's former PC (who, in the intervening time period, had dealt with his cyberpsychosis by becoming a transvestite prostitute/cybernetic pitfighter -- this was C'Punk 2020, so it's all fair).

He he - that's pretty mean and pretty funny. The cow thing that is :smallsmile:

The Cyber Punk one gives us something to look forward to in 2020 :smallwink:

Thanks for the input people. Some rather said and amusing stories there!

Cheers
Grrosgor

calebcom
2007-07-01, 10:34 PM
playing a druid/warshifter(shaper? can't remember off hand)

Refused to leave animal form, I wrote everything I wanted to say down as a chimp and passed it to the fighter in the group.

I charmed a wildebeast to violate the rogue who was always trying to steal my stuff.

I set fire to a man who was trying to cut down a tree, then threw his flaming corpse into his farm house.

I dive bombed the king of the land as a bird and shat on him incessantly. The rest of the party constantly trying to apologize for the "pet".

as a DM, I had a orc surrender to my exalted party. They decided that they needed to convert him to good. THis orks name was Krunk(I know, so original :smallwink: ) this orc was dumber than rocks.

The orc followed them around and consistantly messed them up. smearing the wards containing a demon, picking up anything shiny in an alchemy lab.
words they came to fear "It's PURDY!"

Three words "Flying Gelatinous Cube"

30 gibberlings all at once.

Bob_the_Mighty
2007-07-01, 11:05 PM
Once, when my DM was starting a game for some new players, I started in a little later, so had to create my character while they played. I hurried through and went with a generic dual-weilding ranger and didn't spend much gold. As the DM introduces my character in game, one of the other players asks how much gold I have. Since I barely spent any, it seems like a lot. The player says that I have to split most of my gold between them to join them, or they'll kill me, and I refuse. This turns into me ranger against a half-orc barabarian, human fighter, and elven ranger. The town watch, who is a fourth level paladin (the rest of us are third level) joins in second round, and they end up running from us.

Gorbad the Limb Rippa
2007-07-02, 07:22 AM
Well... my story isn't about what my party did to me,but what I did to my party.
I killed them all.
Well no,the halfing dervish and the Fey'ri assassin where knocked out by the Orc warlord and me(a drow assassin) and the dwarf monk where on very low hp after defeating the Warlord.The monk was talking to the Evil npc who had appeared out of the shadows and had his back to me,so i snuck up behind the dwarf(i was working for the evil npc)And stabbed him untill he stopped breathing.I then went to knocked out people and killed them too.I took all their loot and ran off.The DM was mercyful and let then get ressurected and got enough money to buy equipment as a reward for deafeating the warlord.
Hehe,good times.

maclaird
2007-07-03, 12:26 PM
My brother had a fighter with a charisma of 3. He had to wear a bag over his head to keep peole from getting violently ill. He used to lift the bag up and look into the face of the group paladin when he was fighting monsters. It didn't end well after the paladin got the poop beat out of him by orcs.

Rofl-Falafal
2007-07-03, 01:17 PM
Well, once I was playing a rather dumb fighter (originality ftw!). The party's rogue, bard, and sorcerer loved pranking me, and were especially skilled at cons due to their combined higher charisma scores and appearance-altering spells. The most memorable was when they chose three days we would be in town, and on each day one of them seduced me into a drunken stupor, knocked me out somehow and stole 1/3 of my stuff, deliberately leaving the other thirds for the other two. The rogue and bard were girls so this wasn't a problem, but the sorcerer was a guy and had to use alter self, which made for some fun rolelaying.

Later in the same campaign, we were, once again, in town for a stretch of a few days, but with no money thanks to some uber high-level brigands. Each of us had some skill we could use to get money (bard had music, sorcerer could impress commoners with cantrips, rogue had 8 ranks in Sleight of Hand, etc.) I had somehow acquired a Cap of Disguise, and further managed to convince the rest of the party that I should keep it because I had a low charisma score(?!?!). I decided it would be appropriate revenge to disguise myself and heckle both the sorcerer and bard in whatever locale they decided to perform in. Of course, we then had significantly less money, but it was worth it.

Mr the Geoff
2007-07-03, 02:01 PM
This was something the party did to another player's character not me, but still warrants an honourable mention.

The player had just had just rolled his character and it was his first game in this campaign (we had all played with him before just not in this campaign). The character was a human paladin and we were about to enter the fortress of what we thought was the BBEG (turned out she was just a minion).

So the DM puts the paladin in on the 2nd floor of the fortress, naked and chained to a pantagram and on 0hp. The party wander in on him, clearly tortured almost to death, cast a cure minor and start asking questions. We then decide time is of the essence and we'll have to rescue him on the way out as we set off every alarm in the place on the way in.

Cut to the end and the final fight is basically so huge it all but destroys the castle, we intimidate a minion into telling us the back way our and run, leaving the paladin still chained to the floor, and with a castle about to drop on his head.

The player looks up from where he is working on a very detailed character sketch while we have fun, turns the sketchbook over and starts drawing a new character.

Tormsskull
2007-07-03, 02:20 PM
but the sorcerer was a guy and had to use alter self, which made for some fun rolelaying.

If that is a typo, that's the best one I have seen in a long time.

BelFire
2007-07-09, 12:15 PM
It was when I was first getting into D&D that this tale of woe occured. My favorite race has to be kobolds, cause nothing is cooler than people expecting you to be a third of a challenge rating and then it turns out your a level fifteen monk/ ninja of the cresent moon.
Anyways, I had just started a character with a friend of mine and we had yet to get folded into the rest of the party, so we were looking for work in a very Morrowind kind of way. We got a job to kill some large spiders that had decided to take up dwelling in a fellows house. Armed with a lamp, my human friend with his bow, and me with my musket (I was an awesome kobold) we go into the basement.
After an ungodly amount of natural ones the scenes plays like this. Adam runs screaming out of a burning building, covered in biting stinging poisoness spiders, carrying my corpse with has one of his brightly feathered shafts sticking out of the back of my head.

The bastards reincarnated me as a monkey............lol

UserClone
2007-07-09, 02:47 PM
Ok, I was playing a bard with a 7 con (ouch). Luckily, he was a Vow of Nonviolence bard (DC 19 Grease spells, anyone?) so this wasn't a huge problem. At first. Then our cleric gets hit by some sort of demon-horse-type-dealie, and loses 4 HP which she somehow can't heal. None of the characters know anything about Vile Damage, so my bard offers up his reedstaff (a combination ancestral weapon/ancestral instrument) for the info, which we get from a BBEG who is not interested in us much, thinks of us "small potatoes." So I am essentially nerfed w/o my instrument. He says I can have it back if I kill this other BBEG, a fighter who uses a two-bladed sword, one Commander Rarkus. so we get into the lair, I go toe-to toe with Rarkus (using an alternate weapon) and the warmage casts a freaking Stinking Cloud on the two of us! Stinking Cloud! On a 7 con Bard and a likely 15-18 Con fighter of higher level! Needless to say, my bard never returned the Two-bladed sword in exchange for his reedstaff, as he was soon coup de graced.

SurlySeraph
2007-07-09, 09:36 PM
And @SurlySeraph: I feel for you. That's pretty much the nastiest thing I ever heard...

You know what the really bad part is? The rogue was also a surface elf, just one who happened to have enough ranks in Disguise to pass for human. The race-betraying chaotic evil heavily-based-on-Thief-from-8-Bit-Theater bastard.

stolenchariot
2007-07-09, 09:45 PM
this isn't something that happened to me personally, but when my group was first starting out, there was this guy who was playing the party rogue. Very badly I might add. After he let us walk through at least three traps that almost killed us, we decided, well, rogues are for getting rid of traps, so if he won't disable them... Yep. We ended up throwing him into every suspicious situation on the offchance he would wisen up. He eventually did and generally plays the party expert now.

Foeofthelance
2007-07-09, 10:20 PM
Worst thing to ever happen to me? Had another player sneak a troll on to the ship I captained, to make up for all the times he had been caught trying to swipe an artifact from me.

Worst thing I ever did? Had another player Baneful Polymorphed into a husky, then used my considerable Handle Animal skill to turn him into my own personal guard dog.

Kyrsis
2007-07-09, 10:55 PM
I can't think of my own off the top of my head, but my husband made one of my players cry OOC because of his IC actions...
She was playing a Bard, he a dwarven Cleric. Well, these characters were mid/high lvl at the time and the game will go into Epic level. My husband already has an epic Rogue he'd played from lvl 1 from a different game that I told him he could use once the party caught up, so I allowed him to run a scene with his epic character to test the Bard's resolve and see if she had what it takes to some day join his Rogue's followers. So he temproarily disabled the party and got her alone in a small wooden house and engaged her in combat. Not directly himself, because he didn't want to kill her, just test her for the future (and if anything other than said testing occurred Husband would have faced the wrath of the wife, I wouldn't allow her to go down like that). Well he messed with her mind, being all spooky (he has the shade template). He dropped the light to pitch dark and just taunted her from the darkness, sometimes touching her just to scare her. The 2 were so into the rolls of the characters she ended up getting really freaked out OOC and ended up crying (though IC her Bard passed and was rewarded nicely and has made friends with important people, to set the stage for when she hits epic). But the fact he made her cry was pretty mean...I think I should add there are absolutely no hard feelings though.

SilverClawShift
2007-07-09, 11:56 PM
In this campaign (it was a horror campaign, and our DM is good at horror), I played a bard whos draconic ties didn't manifest in any flashy way, but as raw undilluted greed and a tendency to hoarde like crazy. Plenty of extra-dimensional holding space, plenty of random oddball items that no one in a million years would find useful (our DM LOVES to throw 'useless' magic items at us and watch us figure out a way to make it usefull. One we could never come up with a good use for was a bucket that, when placed on the ground by a sentient creature, would wait for 36 seconds, and then flip upside down (or rightside up). It wasn't strong enough to flip more than liquid contents, or a compareable weight. What the hell do you do with this bucket? aside from pranks on exhausted farmers.)

Anyway.

The BBEG we had our sites set on was a kobold sorcerer lich with permanent reduce-person cast on himself. Yeah. We were hot on the heels of a Tiny sized Kobold Lich. ADVENTURE. EPIC. EPIC ADVENTURE.
His lair turned out to be extra-dimensional. in a kobold village (lot of traps) deep through the kobold tunnels (even more traps) there was an inner sanctum. The inner sanctum had traps, and...nothing else. No lich. No sorcerer. We cast every kind of dispelling/purging/senseing magic we had at our disposale. And all we got was an unbeleivably faint magical aura coming from...
A rabbit hole covered with a rock. Which we managed to widen physically, then magically, and enter.

Our BBEG was a reduced sized kobold lich sorcerer with an extra-dimensional lair hidden in a rabbit hole. Covered in a rock.

Oh ye gods. The horror. The horror.

No. Seriously. The unrelenting gut wrenching terror of moving a single inch.

A question for the gaming community. Do you know what a giant extra-dimensional tower is like after a bored (reduced) kobold lich sorcerer spends 1100 years setting up his defenses?
Traps.

More. Traps.

HORRIBLE traps. Nightmare traps. Traps that, for example, summoned cows and then tore them inside out and showered us in their blood and gore. Why? No tactical reason. JUST TO MESS WITH US. Just to throw us off our game and rattle us and make us wish we weren't there.
This was a COCKY reduced kobold lich sorcerer, and he did not respect his invaders.
And for every 'just to mess with you' trap there were 4 'kill you in creative ways' traps. The rogue caught an average of 2/5, and we wound up wishing he'd catch the non-fatal traps because they were really starting to freak us out. I think the worst was the giant rotting angelic face with golden bird wings that simply screamed, and screamed, and screamed.
So we get to the lich. And this fight is... well, it's hard as hell. But it's also annoying (in a fun way). He's a foot and a half tall, undead, ENTERTAINED BY OUR PRESENCE, and has enough spellslots to do all kinds of horrible things that aren't actually fatal, they're just playing with us.

We're outgunned. By a RKLS (reduced, ect). And not just a little outgunned, he's playing with us, and we KNOW it.

But there's no way our DM would let us get in here and not at least hitn that we were going to a no-win fight, so we start looking for what to do in this situation.
To make an allready long story just a little bit shorter, our rogue and wizard manage to team up while the rest of us distract the little guy, and they.... *drumroll* SET OFF A TRAP :smallfurious:
But it was the win for us, because this trap wasn't supposed to trigger unless the lich lost. He panicked and was flung off into the nothingness as his tower began coming apart brick by brick.

DM: Allright, healbot. Roll a knowledge (the planes) check.
Cleric: Uh? uh. *roll 17* + a lot
DM: You realize the abyss you are currently staring into an an ageless, timeless demiplane of infinite size. Nothing here will die of thirst, old age, or starvation. There's nothing here. You will simply drift forever into the black.
Cleric. Uh.

So we're scrambling for the exit at the base of the tower, as the tower comes apart in random directions. Many stunts, many feats, ect.

At halfway down, we set off... guess. Guess what we set off.
If you guessed 'trap' you get 1/2 point. It was a gravity reversal trap that made us fall up into the ceiling. So now we're working our way up to the bottom of the tower (:smallconfused: ) and we make it, but we also don't.
The rift is too big for us to make it across, and the way the tower is coming apart, trying to float to it will just send us off in random direction. The rogue comes up with a bright idea.
from one of my many bags of stuff, I produce a mithral chain (:smallbiggrin:). The rogue promises this idea will save us all. They wrap themselves in mithral chain, and here's the idea. I slingshot them to the portal out using the big statue as a counter-point, and then they yank me back to the exit. Except when they get slingshotted up there, and I grab the chain and get prepared to be yanked... nothing. I look up and see the other end of the chain just floating there.

And I drift off into the eternal void of soul destroying nothingness, facing an eternity of losing my mind.

Why? The rogue figures I been stealing more than my fair share of the loot, cause I'm so greedy (I wasn't).

The cleric shouts out that he's sorry, but they can't find a way to get to me without risking themselves, and says something about always remembering me. Gee, thanks. I'm sure that thought'll keep me warm. Out in the eternal nothing. I'd rather go to the 6th level of hell.

The story's not over, and I'm going to wrap it up, but I'm putting the divider up for anyone who's sick and tired of reading this. That's the answer to the threads question. That's the worst thing a player's ever done to me in game.

But, as I said. My story's not done yet...

The Dm gives me the Game-ologists last rites. "Roll up a new character I guess"
Me: No! Wait! I can still do stuff right!
DM: Uh. Sure?
Me: Okay, I, uh. I take off one of my boots and let go.
DM: ...kay. The boot floats off slowly in a random direction. Everything in this INFINITE plane repulses everything else, and the only landmark was destroyed by your party.
Me: I take off my other boot and let it go too!
DM: ...it also floats off randomly.
Me: Goodbye boots! :(
DM: *slaps forhead* Okay. You have fun in the abyss. When you're ready to roll up a new character, I'll weave you back into the game. For now, we're gonna move on.

So there I sit. Tuning out the rest of the party continueing adventuring, moving onto the next higher up on the BBEG scale (A vampire so old the lich was afraid of him). Staring at my character sheet. Humming TAPS.
I kinda zoned out for a while and just relaxed, watching them play and mourning my characters loss. Then I saw it.

"WAIT!" I shout, interupting a random discussion.

DM: Wait for what?
Me: *holding out hands as if there was something there* I HAVE A BAG OF HOLDING.
DM: Yes. Enjoy your worthless loot in the abyss.
Me: I HAVE A PORTABLE HOLE.
DM: ... oh crap?
Players: "???"
Me: IF YOU MIX A PORTABLE HOLE AND A BAG OF HOLDING, STUFF HAPPENS.
Players: Just entertaining yourself in the hoary netherworld then?
Me: No no no! There's two things that happen. You can put a bag in a hole, or the hole into the bag. One way destroys both of them, the other OPENS A RIFT TO THE ASTRAL PLANE AND SUCKS EVERYTHING NEARBY INTO IT.
Cleric: Which does which?
Me: ":D"... "D:"... I don't remember.
DM: *Chuckle*
Me: let me roll a check?! Knowledge arcana?!
Dm: Sure.
Me: *fail* CRAP. What about knowledge, history?
Cleric: WHY would that answer this question?
Me: Cause it has to have come up before at some important time, and maybe I can remember which does which that way.
DM: Sure, roll.
Me: *fail* oh god.

everyone's staring at me at this point. And I'm totally lost in my character for the record. I'm looking back and forth at my hands, trying to decide which to do. Finally, I stuff the portable hole into the bag of holding and pray.
SUCCESS.

I AM NOW IN THE ASTRAL PLANE.

Anyway. Story over. It keeps going, I fought my way to the ethereal plane, haunted my party for a while, managed to kill the rogue, and then found a way onto the material plane and rejoined the rest of the group.

....that was really long.

Sorry.

Yiel
2007-07-10, 12:21 AM
SilverClawShift.... you are my new heroine.

Kyace
2007-07-10, 12:30 AM

I love that line.

Deepblue706
2007-07-10, 01:11 AM
SilverClawShift...

I'm speechless. That's simply so amazing that...words cannot describe it...
I really wish I could play in a game and accomplish something that epic.

The worst thing another player has done to me...

Well, I had this here Elven Fighter...He was pretty nifty. NG hero, well known for killing baddies and saving countless townsfolk. He became a huge character in the campaign. In fact, he was enemies with a lot of bad people, since this was only one of the two of the original group NOT killed, the other being a CE Rogue who kept a very low profile. The rest of the crew was seen as his "lackeys".

An evil sorceress makes a deal with the CE Rogue, and he sets up an elaborate plan to kill off ALL of the other PCs, mine being the most important target. His plans are discovered by the CN Kobold Barbarian, who is persuaded to HELP!

Using the Kobold's prestige with a nearby Kobold clan, they gather all of their resources and capture my character, who they plan on killing. The CE Rogue decides he wants to make it a very slow and painful death.

Another group of baddies show up within seconds, and my character ends up getting tossed into a wild river, while knocked unconscious, and drifts away. He is presumed dead.

The Rogue and Kobolds defeat the other baddies, and with my character out of the way, they attack a small Monastary where two other PCs await the rest of the group - as this was from where they planned to assault the evil sorceress' lair.

The Kobolds storm in, slaughtering everyone. The Rogue finds the party Wizard, and gets the drop on him. His death is quick.

The Monk of the party, who once called this Monastary home, fights off the hordes of the kobolds, and eventually fights the Rogue in a very heated duel. The Monk defeats and kills the Rogue, but the good-guy fighting force is destroyed. He remained there with only a handful of wounded soldiers.

The Kobold Barbarian flees, and afraid of being hunted, gathers his things, throws it all into a row-boat, and goes off to sea.

The Monk leads the fight against the sorceress, despite the rest of the party either being dead or MIA, and actually thwarts her plans by destroying a portal that would bring forth an army of demons to the lands in which our characters were protecting. However, her lieutenant kills him before he can do anything else.

My character wakes up on the side of the river bank, most of his armor smashed, and his sword's blade broken just above the hilt. His arm is broken, and his wounds leave him barely able to move. He limps off into the sunset, and the game's curtain closed there.

de-trick
2007-07-10, 01:16 AM
i had a evil player

i was playing a female Elf sorcery/ dragon disciple and the player who killed me/ wrecked my character a Dwarf fighter.

but I had a dagger stuck in my hand, so he pulled it out, but he made a strength check and got a natural 20 so the DM made him destroy my hand. I used a Wish to restore my hand but I never got my bones in it. So I was going to get surgery to get bones in hand. But the Dwarf had other plans. He decided to do the surgery but he used raccoon bones, instead of elf bones so I had demented hands and could not cast must of my spells. But was he finished no, He wanted me to have bigger breasts so He put 2 raccoon skulls to make them bigger. We'll after that we were fighting gnolls he decided to enslave them and he had a Small Gnoll army about 7. So we kept them and we continued for the rest of that day. When the dwarf decided to go hunting to get some food. So he went and I was pissed off because every Day he would go hunting and he would get bonus XP and taking valuable time up. So i deiced to go hunting myself. So I went hunting I got 2 monkeys I brought back the 2 monkeys and the rangers Dire wolf wanted one so I gave him one, but that player didn't want 2 innocent monkeys to die so he hit me. I was fine with that but thats when the Dwarf came back and decided that I was an enemy so he opened fire on me with his gnolls and I died.

Duke Malagigi
2007-07-10, 01:51 AM
In Second Edition the moronic party druid accidentally dropped a whale on my elven mage killing him instantly. She (the druid, not the player) was trying to kill an evil mage I was fighting. Of course this character, being the Supreme Ditz she was, failed to notice that my mage was in the same building as the bad guy of the day. Oops. At the same time the party crusader/gigolo of Tymora was hitting on his attempted killer while he should have been fighting her and the half-orc fighter was picking fights with the town guard out of boredom. The rest of the party was at a tavern getting drunk. The player of this party's druid also played the fighter mentioned in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49541). Guess which city we were in. A clue, it rhymes with Moulder's Bait.

Gaelbert
2007-07-10, 02:00 AM
One time I got smashed in the face with a mug of ale after the wizard used mage hand on it to hit me. No clue how that happened:smallconfused: . Another time I was shoved into aspiky pit and the rest of the PCs gathered round and threw flaming objects at me. But its OK. I got them back by lighting a tavern they were all in on fire and drenching all of their equipment with alcohal before the fire.

Callix
2007-07-10, 02:43 AM
All right. The party's all level 1. We've been sent to spy on an orc encampment, and we have a half-orc barbarian as a translator (a PC). Half the party go into the village tavern (me included), and the others go and check out the gladiator pits. The guards let us in because we said we hated the human government. The barkeep asks us if we have "clearance". The half-orc says yes. The barkeep hands us free beers. A bit later, I remember that we were told to go see the shaman of the orcs. So I ask the barbarian to ask someone where he was. She asks the barkeep. Now it turns out that the only person who can give clearance is the shaman. The nearby guards grab us, beat us up, and the barkeep takes all our coin. Then we get thrown out. Not so bad for the half-orc, she only had a few gold. I, on the other hand, had put some work into Craft (weaponsmithing) and made my own greatsword, meaning I was carrying over 50 gold, more than half the party cash. To make matters worse, this is a low-magic, low-money campaign. And I'm the only character who is really associated with the human government. So I'm the only one having to lie all the time. And of course I'm the one with the lawful alignment. I wish the DM would warn us about espionage campaigns.

Fooliodislapsis
2007-07-10, 04:43 AM
my first ever game i was a wizard and had an awesome dagger, the party rogue, who liked daggers, killed me in my sleep for it. luckily, my DM loves to be ironic and he made me a ghost, i ended up possessing the rogue and made him do... embarrassing things :smallamused:

cheesecake
2007-07-10, 07:41 AM
I am the roleplayer of my D&D group. My alignment dicates everything I do. Well I was playing a Chaotic Rogue. Our game for the night consisted of a tournament in a magical maze. There were 7 NPC groups and our 1 PC group. Well, right before the stairs to make your way into the 2nd level was a pit trap. Our stupid half orc door opener decided to waltz right up and open the door. Boom he fell down into a 50 foot hole in the ground. Well, OOC i hated this guy, he was a moron and constitly ruined the game. Whenever he got into trouble he wanted everyone to bail him out. Needless to say he is down in this hole and wants someone to pull him out. I was halfing rogue, there was also an elf cleric, an elf wizard and a human ranger. I was the only one who took skill points in use rope. I gave the DM a note saying on all of my rope checks i am taking a 5. Since we only had 2 25 foot piece of rope(don't ask) I tied a knot in the center and a knot at the bottom for him to loop around himself. He'd always make it about 10 feet off the ground and either fail his climb check or the rope would come undone. So after 30 minutes of trying to get him out of the hole another one of the groups showed up. I reset the pit trap door and we taunted the group into charging us. Boom they all fell in the hole. I did this to the other 6 groups as well. Finally the hole was a pit of death, everyone in there was hacking and slashing and finally they were all dead including our half orc. Of course I spent the time urinating down the hole and throwing misc items in.

I had a blast that night.

Argent
2007-07-10, 09:08 AM
Level 1 campaign. I'm playing a sorcerer, one of our other characters is the party paladin. Coming around a corner in the dungeion, we encounter a group of goblins. Me and my measly five hit points are unfortunately close to the front. As the goblins close in, the paladin decides to hide behind my sorcerer so he couldn't be charged. (The wuss.) I luckily managed to knock the charging goblin cold with my quarterstaff (that character had the luckiest rolls in combat. Ofttimes, he was a more effective fighter than the paladin). For months afterwards, I never let the paladin forget about that incident.

Mid-level campaign. I'm playing a dwarven paladin. My character gets grappled by some fish-plant weirdo monster. I'm low on HP. To save me, the party wizard decides to throw a lightning bolt... which hits both my character and the monster. I drop into negative HP, and luckily, so does the monster. That wizard got quite the earful when my character woke up again.

CaptainSam
2007-07-10, 06:13 PM
Playing 7th Sea, piratey goodness. I had a Vodacce swordsman/spy, another character was his ward, who he was sworn to protect. A third party member was a Vesten barbarbian type.

If you don't know the system, the Vodacce are like the Machiavellian-style Italians and the Vendel are sort of Norsey. Anyway, they chap playing the Vesten insisted in playing him as a boorish lout. Played by anyone else, the character might have been described as a "loveable rogue", but the player was a knob.

From the very outset, he insisted on insulting my character and his ward, generally being an embarassment to the whole party and getting us into trouble. From the very outset I warned him that insulting me was a very bad idea. A very, very bad idea. He continued to do so.

So, eight weeks later (real time), without any warning, I poisoned him. I very poisoned him. With huge doses of arsenic. Actually, with ALL my arsenic.

It brought the whole campaign to a sudden halt. My bad, not.

I gave him fair warning.

Irreverent Fool
2007-07-11, 05:42 AM
I can't offhand think of the worst thing another character has done to mine, but my Sorcerer is pretty awful.

At level 2 we had a new member join our D&D group. We had just begun an adventure of epic proportions and in this particular instance, we were fleeing a town that had been engulfed in flames. As we're running the new character (a psonicist of some sort) did something to 'buff' the party.

Now, Tangle (a nickname given to him by comrades) didn't take kindly to having spells or abilities cast on him without permission as he had the unfortunate circumstance of holding a fair amount of forbidden knowledge in his brain. In fact, his being on the run from the Arcane University was part of the reason he joined the party. He couldn't allow anyone to know that he knew what he knew. At any rate, I elected to make a save against the (harmless) effect. I rolled a 20.

The DM ruled that I was able to tell who caused the effect and what it's energy type/origin was but not precisely the effect. It had already been pointed out by the party cleric that this halfling was of the evil bent so Being Chaotic Neutral ,Tangle had no qualms about doing her in for threatening his mental fortress.

Opportunity never truly presented itself, but one of the other PCs (an assassin) also happened to be in charge of food preparation. Tangle and he had been travelling together for some time before joining the party and as such had a deep trust for one another, so when Tangle asked him to begin poisoning the halfling's food, he went ahead and did so.

Weeks passed. The Halfling's player had been keen to point out he always kept an effect up (I forget the name) that kept the SYMPTOMS of fatigue/poison/disease/etc from affecting his character. According to the rules, it did not neutralize the poison itself.

After months of adventuring and nearly six months of biweekly sessions, we had hit about level 8-9. The halfling had realized at this point that something was wrong, but chalked it up to one of the various monster encounters. She refused to ask for help from the party cleric on grounds of theological differences.

We found ourselves in a temple at the bottom of which was a portal into a parallel Prime Material Plane. We really had no choice but to try to reach it before the temple collapsed on us. On the way to the bottom, we found an elaborate system of doors and ceiling/floor spikes. Opening the doors in the wrong sequence would cause spikes to jut out from the ceiling and floor on the other side of the door, potentially impaling the character on the other side who had to be standing there to keep a pressure plate held down (rather ingenous of the DM. I was impressed.)

Well, at one point the halfling went off alone. Tangle happened to be the first person to come upon her by casting invisibility on the door to see what lay beyond. The halfling was impaled upon spikes on the opposite side, but still very much alive. Tangle opened the door. The spikes receeded. The halfling began to gurgle out a 'thank you'.

Tangle, a rather 'cold-fish' of an elven sorcerer who rarely showed any emotion smiled slowly.

Tangle closed the door.

Through the invisiblity infusing the door he watched as the spikes once again jutted from ceiling and floor to reimpale the halfling.

Tangle opened the door.

He did this at least two more times until he was sure the halfling had passed on. Nobody else saw.

We were 9th level.

I ended up having to shift my alignment to Neutral Evil (I talked the DM down from Chaotic Evil with the argument that CE wouldn't have spent so much time). I ended up getting attoned around level 12, but that's another story.

fatninjacow
2007-07-11, 09:14 AM
i made a CE lv.15drow kinslayer then played with a party of lv2 elfs they thought i was a lv.5 paladin :smallbiggrin:

they were all slaughtered then i hung there intestines around my neck they ended up coming back for me as lv.15s and paladins ouch:smalleek: i was enslaved as a mummy but at least the wrapping were stylish:smallbiggrin:

Solo
2007-07-11, 09:22 AM
What was the thread count?

AdversusVeritas
2007-07-11, 09:55 AM
Hm, I haven't had many PCs screw over my character. One time our paladin (who was also a member of the town guard) had my cleric arrested for starting a fight with someone that I thought was the campaign villain in disguise. Turns out I was wrong and the villain had actually disguised himself as the warden at the jail. Needless to say, things didn't go well for my character after that.

Worse thing I ever did to my party actually happened during downtime. We had been playing Ravenloft and the other players asked me to play a healer. We had plenty of money for wands and everything, and I wasn't in the mood to play a cleric, so I decided to play a bard. He ended up being a pretty effective character, but I still never heard the end of it. No matter how many times I managed to save the party, they still kept complaining, "I can't believe you are playing a bard, what a waste."

When the campaign came to a close, I got really fed up with the way they were treating me, so I decided to show them the best thing about being a bard: no matter what happens during the adventure, you are the one who gets to tell the story to the public.

The DM asked us how we wanted to retire our characters. The fighter went on to found a mercernary company, the wizard had a tower built so he could live out his life in solitude, the rogue went to seek revenge on those who had wronged him during our quests, and my character travelled throughout the domain singing songs about how he had been the real hero of the whole campaign and the other characters had simply been evil, cowardly, and sub-par sidekicks.

The next week we made new characters and started a campaign set ten years after the first one. I didn't realize that the DM was actually going to run with what I had done, but every tavern we went to was full of songs about the way Bramus the bard had saved the land despite his treacherous comrades . . . who, incidently, ended up being villains in the new campaign.

Kurald Galain
2007-07-11, 10:31 AM
Well, this didn't happened to me personally since I was the DM at the time, but it's still a fun story...

On a quest to try to find out why teleportation portals were appearing everywhere, the party was traveling to some abandoned temple on a mountaintop. There was a narrow but passable road leading there, flanked on one side by the mountain, on the other side by a hundred-plus-yard drop onto solid rock, or at some points into lava.

Now this part wasn't actually dangerous. However, for some reason the PCs were literally running back and forth on the aforementioned narrow road. So at a certain point I found they were being too careless, and asked for a few dex checks. One character failed big time, so I said he fell over the edge and was now hanging there, precariously.

Of course I figured the party would just pull him back up, or employ a rope to do so. However, the nearest character (a druid) walked over, made a remark about how the hanging character hadn't been very nice lately, and stomped on his hands, hard...

Maroon
2007-07-11, 01:31 PM
So I'm playing a NE Bard, along with a CN Barbarian, a NG Druid and a Paladin. I have a habit of spending a 1st level spell on Undetectable Alignment, and the aforementioned Paladin has a habit of using Detect Evil on me. Usually first thing in the morning. I'm saving his hide, really, because our DM had warned him often enough that if his character would, for instance, find out my Bard is actually evil, he'd lose his Paladin abilities for knowingly associating with evil. Still, the Paladin persists. Yes, he's that kind of Paladin.

That, however, isn't the worst thing he has done to me. I'd like to note at this point that my Neutral Evil Bard is not actually Evil towards his party. The worst thing he has done to me was after I sprung him and the rest of the party out of a dungeon.

That afternoon things weren't going well in the throneroom of a palace of a king of a kingdom we were supposed to be nice to. It didn't help that my Bard was busy seducing the princess of said kingdom ruled by said king in said throneroom of said palace, instead of participating in the conversation, but neither was anyone else who were shouting things like 'where's our treasure' and the like.

Now, the king wasn't really a likeable fellow, and he eventually ordered his guards to take us to the dungeon. My Bard was forced to disappoint the princess by turning invisible and running out of the throneroom, which was a pity.

In the evening, I was ready to rescue my the other members of the party. It all went rather smoothly, until I actually got them out of prison. Apparently, the Paladin objected to the way my Bard had behaved himself. He objected loudly to the dead bodies of certain guards, at which point we were noticed by the living bodies of other guards.

We eventually shake the guards and make it to the top of the castle walls. Because we now have some breathing space, my Bard and the Paladin continue our heated discussion for a while, until...

The Paladin bullrushes me over the edge.

Yeah.

Hey, no biggie. Happens to party members all the time. The Druid kindly suggests casting Feather Fall, which my Bard knows. Then I realise I do not have any 1st level spells left. I would have had one left, if I had not cast Undetectable Alignment that morning.

I go splat because I rescued a bleeding idiot. Fortunately for me, the ground rolls rather poorly and only manages to drop me to -4 HP.

Part one of my vengeance comes in the form of my friends, the Barbarian and the Druid. They're obviously rather distressed by the recent events, but manage to come up with a plan: because they do not have any rope on them (just being sprung out of prison a few moments ago by yours truly), they will send the nearly uninjured Paladin down to heal my Bard without a rope.

The Paladin had the audacity to refuse, and gets tossed unceremoniously from the wall by the Barbarian. He survives, barely, and the Druid threatens to kill him if he doesn't comply. Finally, the Paladin grudgingly agrees and brings my Bard back to the positive numbers.

Part two of my vengeance arrives next morning, when the Paladin uses Detect Evil on my Bard and promptly loses his Paladin abilities.

Arbitrarity
2007-07-11, 01:37 PM
Doesn't he have to associate with evil, knowing it's evil?

Ah well. I would've made him lose his powers for bullrushing you, but then you'd probably be dead. Just because that's not lawful good at all. That's evil.

Rinquist
2007-07-11, 01:47 PM
In a Vampire:tM game, we had a group of 6 players, all very good friends OOC, but there was always a lot of conflict in game, considering that we all played young upstart kindred during in a Dark Ages chronicle.

Well, with that said, this was before the Council of Thorns, so my character and the Assamite cruising with us never really got along, and since we weren't rolling Vaulderie, we had no real reason to. It worked out for storytelling purposes, conflicting histories, etc.

Well, to make a long story short, our pack leader decided to travel to the British Isles rather than deeper into Eastern Europe, for some objective where we had a clear choice of which destination we wanted, and after a few exploits there, we managed to run into a horde of pissed off Silverback Werewolves that wanted to tear us to shreds. So in a Benny Hill esque chase scene, with our pack getting the hell out of dodge, I end up jumping on top of a farm house to try and clear a local river, that's when Assamite boy jumped up in front of me, used his third level of Quietus to spit acid blood in my eyes, blinding me permanantly, but not doing enough agg damage to put me into final death, and proceeded to kick me off the house, right into the horde of Silverbacks.

Our storyteller gave me a nice descriptive death scene, and noted that because of my "brave sacrifice" (What my Assamite buddy told the rest of the pack, rather than the truth behind my character's murder), the pack was able to get away.

I rolled a Malkavian after that and regularly used Dementation to annoy the crap out of the Assamite.

skreweded
2007-07-11, 01:49 PM
Ok, it was a scifi scenerio, (technically, serenity. Dont bug me if we broke the rules. was the second meet we ever did) and one of the group members was trying to call out to get help, as thier ship crashed. The one with "twitchy" (essentially paranoia) that we had upgraded to a major comp. because of how he played it, as the player tried to contact someone, says "I HEARD HIM TALKING TO THE RADIO ABOUT A DEAD MECHANIC!! So... I destroyed the communications array." See, it turns out, during the crash A mechanic (NPC) had died, but the twitchy player was also a mechanic. So he destroyed the communications array. Perfect for how he had been playing his character, but damn. That is far to RP your character well.

Though. He might get leaky brainpan soon. He has done many things that hurt the group. On a mission to assassinate a person who owed a gang boss, they were told they can do up to a certain ammount (dont remember what it was) of damage to the house, because the boss wanted it. Well, the first thing the mechanic does is place explosives on the elevator. Second thing is hear gunshots. third is freak out and blow the explosive, damaging the door, but allowing the elevator down. Thus lowering the ammount they were aloud to damage. Which, really, the limit was there to stop them from just blowing the house up.

That would be boring! :smalltongue:

Costantinov
2007-07-11, 02:21 PM
Firstly hello all for i am new to the forums :smallbiggrin:

Ok now on topic:

IC: We always have some funny arguments which lead to stealing, backstabing ect.

Recently, i had a Human Barbarian, with who i won a sword that was good but useless for me (i won it through that choose-a-card game, don't remember the name now), and i decided to sell it.

But our rouge wanted the sword. I didn't gave it to her, because she didn't had money or anything to exchange. So she pick-pocketed me and succeded. I asked the rogue where is my sword (after i found out it was missing) and she bluffed me she didn't knew
She failed the bluff :smile: and so i grab her and intimidate to answer me at once or i'll break her chew (:P )

She began screaming "Ahhh that madman wants to kill me!".

Some villagers tried to attack me and i made an intimidating shout and made them run to the hills :smallbiggrin: (love barbarians). Finally, i punched her, she fell uncosius and took back my sword (and some extra money :smallamused: )

OOC: I was pissed off with my DM once because he was treating (on purpose) like **** to me (like, when i asked something a NPC, he was like "oh come on, stop asking stupid things" :smallmad: )

JoshuaZ
2007-07-11, 02:31 PM
So I'm playing a NE Bard, along with a CN Barbarian, a NG Druid and a Paladin. I have a habit of spending a 1st level spell on Undetectable Alignment, and the aforementioned Paladin has a habit of using Detect Evil on me. Usually first thing in the morning. I'm saving his hide, really, because our DM had warned him often enough that if his character would, for instance, find out my Bard is actually evil, he'd lose his Paladin abilities for knowingly associating with evil. Still, the Paladin persists. Yes, he's that kind of Paladin.

And that kind of DM. Finding out he was associating with someone who is evil shouldn't make a paladin fall. Continuing to associate after one knows might. If associating unknowingly was enough then the paladin should fall even if he doesn't know. If I were you, I'd have a talk with your DM about running paladins in a more reasonable fashion.

Kushial
2007-07-11, 09:17 PM
Worst thing I've done as a party member was when I was playing a CN human wizard. We had two paladins in the group both of whom were trying to prove they were more zealous and damage dealing than the other one. Which lead us to having to deal with way more fights and way more enemies than we needed to being dealing with. I starting laying simple hints that I knew they couldn't ignore cause they always HAD to know what was happening. So I used my languages learned such as daemonic and fiendish to start writing notes that said nothing really but they saw me writing them and storing them away.

After a couple sessions they couldn't take it any longer and while my char was sleeping stole the notes from my pack and then tried to force me to read them to them the next morning when they couldn't figure out what they said. Two allaignment changes later we had some nice level 5 paladins with no paladin abilities which lead to their deaths soon after cause they couldn't deal with things we were facing.

Worse thing that ever happened to me was in a game where we were being DM'd by a guy who only cared about the rules as written and couldn't be bothered to consider things like roll modifiers. So my half elf ranger ended up making a run into a town with the party's halfling rogue to get some magic potions for a couple badly damaged members of the group. While in town to get the potions I swung through a store and sold a magic staff we'd found (and since we didnt have a caster or bard who could use it and our rogue was pure sneak and grab, no one could use the thing) for about 10K in gold. I loaded up on about 10 bottles of cure moderate wounds then we headed back to the party.

On the way back the halfling decides to pickpocket the 9K+ of gold (what was left after potion purchase) off of me. From the bag it was in under my armor, under my cloak, in front of me while he was walking along behind me. Fine, I'm willing to roll an opposed check, I've got +12 in spot to balance his +12 in pickpocket so with modifiers (which I'm assuming giving the circumstances should be at LEAST a 5 to 10 in my favor for the WEIGHT he's taking off me if nothing else). He wins the roll 17 to 16 premodifiers only there is no modifiers. Well, I'm scratching my head thinking how the heck did that happen. It turned out alright in the end though. Back at the camp he tried to steal off the NPC guards who were along to make sure we were doing what we were sent to do. A nice 1 for the pickpocket roll late and He ended up hanging in a sack from a tree being used as a pinata as the rest of us sat around the campfire making smores and watching.

Kushial

Driderman
2007-07-11, 10:13 PM
I don't remember any bad things happening to me, but I do remember this horrible thing (In-game) I did to another player.

It was the Old World Of Darkness.
I play a vicious old nosferatu vampire dabbling in sorcerous ways and necromancy, among other unwholesome things. Through sheer force of will and being a real nasty sort, drinking the lifeblood of the heart of some mythical dragonbeast (never figured out completely what it was but it made me powerful so hey, no problem. My sub-concept was powergamer after all) and generally being an unholy terror with a pleasant facade, I browbeat the Brujah primogen, another player, into fearful servitude. After many sessions of making him do my dirty work, and believe me I had so VERY dirty work to have made that he'd had lost sanity points from it if possible, I send him and my Childe to the spooky, dangerous, mysterious park that no-one supernatural has ever come out of alive (or undead) because I have hunch there's something pertaining to the current story arch, which will make me even more powerful, gathering there. The logic of course is that if they both go, one of them might make it back.
Turns out the Brujah is so terrified of me that he'd rather get killed by the unmentionable things in the park than face my wrath if the comes back without my Childe, so he dies and I get the information I need from my Childe. At this point, I can almost sense the relief of the Brujah, finally being out from under the yoke of the second-most horrible villain in the campaign (my Sire was worse, like father like son), so I go to my necromancying place, do some hot necro-mumbo-jumbo and catch the pitiful remains of his soul before it shatters, whispering in his ectoplasmal ear 'Your service is not done yet, little one'.
The look on the players face was priceless

Vincentrose91
2007-09-06, 11:24 PM
Well, i had a half-orc barbarian that didn't like to get along with people so i would make alot of trouble. There was also a half-elf rogue in the party (turned out to be my half-sister) and we always fought.

We found a cage full of elves, so i named on Ka'Ebbler and sent him to his death as a meatshield.

I also tackled the Cleric/Sorcerer on many occasions to force him to clw/cmw me to full health. alot of the time i did armor-spike damage too.

My barbarian had a leopard skin thong with the tail in back and the face in front as a fly, but the dam rogue cut the tail off.

Also, the cleric/sorcerer dethonged me with mage hand a few times

i had a cleric who animated an ogre to be a slave, but then the ranger with a phobia/rage against undead freaked out and we almost killed each other.

AslanCross
2007-09-07, 04:53 AM
The BBEG we had our sites set on was a kobold sorcerer lich with permanent reduce-person cast on himself.

Our BBEG was a reduced sized kobold lich sorcerer with an extra-dimensional lair hidden in a rabbit hole. Covered in a rock.

Traps that, for example, summoned cows and then tore them inside out and showered us in their blood and gore. Why? No tactical reason. JUST TO MESS WITH US.

I think the worst was the giant rotting angelic face with golden bird wings that simply screamed, and screamed, and screamed.

DM: You realize the abyss you are currently staring into an an ageless, timeless demiplane of infinite size. Nothing here will die of thirst, old age, or starvation. There's nothing here. You will simply drift forever into the black.
Cleric. Uh.

Me: *holding out hands as if there was something there* I HAVE A BAG OF HOLDING.
DM: Yes. Enjoy your worthless loot in the abyss.
Me: I HAVE A PORTABLE HOLE.

Anyway. Story over. It keeps going, I fought my way to the ethereal plane, haunted my party for a while, managed to kill the rogue, and then found a way onto the material plane and rejoined the rest of the group.

....that was really long.

Sorry.

This is the best, most entertaining post I've seen all day. Kudos.

My players aren't anywhere as mean to each other, but some of the meanest things that happened (in the case of the second one, almost happened) were caused by the unwise actions of a Monk of Ilmater.

1) "We don't have a lock picker? Let me break down the door!" Monk successfully shatters the door, alerting the whole garrison they're raiding. The The entire party is pinned down by hobgoblins in a small corner room.

2) Party is in combat with the adventure boss encounter: a 9th level hobgoblin fighter, a 5th level gnoll ranger, and a 5th level hobgoblin wizard. The battle is set on the roof of the garrison, where a light trebuchet and a whole storeroom of flammable materials is located.

Due to some tactical blunders on the PCs' part, the fighter really lays into the six-man party and ends up getting several 5-foot-step+full-attack-action turns, killing the PC wizard, dropping the PC druid into "dying" status, and killing the PC ranger (who had Favored Enemy: Goblinoids.) The Monk has the Fiery Fists feat and comes up with a brilliant, heroic idea.

"Everyone, duck! I shall use my flaming fists to ignite the explosive powder!"

He is convinced that his Evasion will keep him alive while everyone else on the roof takes 6d6 fire damage and 3d6 bludgeoning. (Given that he would cause the explosion, I would have ruled no save.) This probably wouldn't have killed the boss, and would have fried every single one of them. That would have been my first TPK---except that the entire party would have died at the hands of a Monk devoted to the god of compassion.

Thankfully he wised up and decided to keep using Stunning Fist on the boss instead.

Yvanehtnioj
2007-09-22, 04:35 AM
Hehe, sorry. I got a little long with this.

I once played a cleric, and the party kept ignoring any input I gave, on any matter, but they still wanted to be healed after getting hurt. I figured out after a few sessions that I had become nothing more than a 'healbot' to them.

Solution?: I turned on them; LE cleric ftw. :smallbiggrin:

How: Short story was we met a minion of the BBEG, and escaped from near-certain capture. Clerics have all sorts of useful spells, like "Sending." So I began to set up regular meetings with him and later the BBEG himself. (The party's goal was to defeat an undead warlord.) I used spells like "Know Alignment," and others, to describe each member of the party to the bad guys. I even went as far as telling them what the party was up to and where they were headed. (This allowed me to conviently warn the BBEG so that he always seemed to "escape" from us.)

My reward: I dominated a vampire as a minion, became one myself, and got to enjoy the look on the other player's faces when they realized that I had replaced all of their cherished magical weapons with cheap imitations. Right before the boss fight too.

<Fighter> A-ha! I rolled a 20! That ghoul is toast.
<DM> The ghoul is unaffected.
<Fighter> Urk.
<Mage> I use my wand of Fireball on the other ghouls/zombies/undead giant.
<DM> Your wand has no effect.
<Me> Guys! We must be in a no-magic zone! None of us can cast any spells nor can I rebuke the undead to drive them away!

Party believed me. :smallsmile: The mage didnt cast anything. :smallbiggrin: Instead, he got torn apart by the undead giant. :smalltongue: The ghouls paralyzed the fighter, and while our rogue hid, I cast "Helping Hand," to lead me to the rogue.
Then I told him that I needed to make him 'invisible to undead' before I went to save the fighter. He agreed and I cast "Hold Person" on him, since he was awaiting a spell from me and was caught unawares. Then, I cast a green "Light" on him and "Blindness" too. The light attracted the zombies/some of the ghouls, and the other spell was because payback is a you know what.

I still grin when I think of how he had to stand there and be devoured.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-09-22, 01:26 PM

Did you get some nice replacement boots? :smallbiggrin:

LordMalrog
2007-09-25, 07:55 PM
Alright... same player...
IC: ok So malrog is fighting another far more powerful god. He eventaully finds the sword that could finally kill said rival. Staven, runs over grabs the key to victory like golum (FAILING THE GODDAMN WILLSAVE BEFORE HE PICKED THE DAMNED THING UP! aka the player gave into his own greed.) and begins to hack and slash his way through malrogs castle like a retard with an epic artifact through a bunch of evil over lords employies. Eventually, after about 30 min of this, he leaps off the side of the tower, hoping to evade malrog, hides in a goddamn cave. Malrog, using the communication device staven forgot was in his pocket, locates said traitor and has his giant flying tower pummel him into the ground, killing him. Afterward i tell the player himself that i'll res his guy if he promises to be malrogs harbinger, to avoid this happening yet again, (yeah stuff like this has happened before) and this leads us to-
OOC:
alright after a good time, he storms upstairs upset, and looking to lighten the mood and get back on a buddy buddy basis with him, i get in close to appologize for ******* off with a play grapple, yelling "SNEAK ATTACK!" after he has recognized this as me, fully knowing that it is indeed his friend behind him, he spins around grabs a stapler and bashs me in the freaken ear with it! :smallmad: I take this very calmly and ask the host if he has any bandaids or something to stop the bleeding (which he quickly provided). All the player who bashed me upside the head with the stapler said was quote un quote "It was your fault. and to stop whining." despite all i did was mention my ear ringing alittle.... all in all those were my two most annoying experiences.

TimeWizard
2007-09-25, 11:56 PM
I'm going to have to go with serious discussion of wether or not my character should be raised, and then having been stripped of all valuables and gold for said raise (over and above the cost). I ended up rerolling, and subsequently procrastinating when it came time to save them.

Icewalker
2007-09-26, 12:02 AM
Not exactly making the other players really mad (at least most of them) but coming pretty close:

There is a guy in the large group who basically plays his character as totally self-thinking. He only really acts for himself, often plots to steal stuff from other characters half-jokingly, after adventuring for a long time he is one of the best-equipped, and uses his gear to get more gear. He's getting pretty close to invincible.

The DM loves uber and inventive traps. We once descend a staircase into a large hallway with the walls covered in masks. He stops at the bottom of the stair case and sits down and waits while we walk in (he has invisibility always from an amulet, so we didn't know)

Eventually somebody grabs a mask, psionic blasts almost kill us all, etc. He's just sitting on the steps and chuckling.

LemonSkye
2007-09-26, 01:35 AM
The worst thing that one PC has done to another PC in a game that I've been in was done by me. We were playing in a setting where everything was evil or tainted by evil. I was the only thing remotely celestial in the group, a Svartalfar (essentially a part-celestial dwarf). The other players were a Fey'ri (demonic elf), a Worghest (part goblin, part barghest), and a Draegloth (half-fiend drow). We were using the honor rules instead of alignment rules in this particular game, due to the nature of it. Being the closest to good, I was the most honorable of the party, and I roleplayed as such. The one playing the Worghest was the least honorable, and he also roleplayed as such. We'd been butting heads for a while not only because of that, but also because he (IC, mind you) had been stealing my liquor.

One session, the party got ambushed by a bunch of Tanarukk (fiendish orcs) armed with guns (it was a kind of Wild West setting). The Worghest and I went off in the same direction; I ended up getting to the Tanarukk we were after first. After a lengthy discussion of who was going to do what to it OOC, it was decided that I would incapacitate him, and the Worghest would finish him off by eating his soul (an ability of the race the player had been itching to try out).

The DM threw the both of us a curve: He had the outmatched Tanarukk surrender. Being honorable, I had to honor it. I warned the Worghest's player, both in and out of character, that the enemy had surrendered, and cautioned him that if he continued to advance with the intent to harm him, that I would shoot him. The Worghest continued to advance. I aimed the gun at him (IC, of course) and ordered him to stand down, in goblin. Again, he continued to advance. So I shot him.

The player was furious, but everyone backed me up, including the DM (who I think was thrilled that I had done it, because this guy'd been driving him nuts for some time now). After seeing that no one was supporting him, he calmed down some, but he was still a little miffed. Luckily, the shot hadn't been a fatal one, and he was healed quickly.

Oh, yeah...the guy playing the Worghest? That was my boyfriend.

Skjaldbakka
2007-09-26, 01:56 AM
Well, lessee here . . .

I played a mojh that was transformed against his will at the age of 12. He was obsessed with getting revenge against the person responsible. He would also get very angry when anyone would call him out for being a mojh (it was common in the setting for mojh to be called race-traitors by humans. AE has no alignment, but he was pretty much CE by the end of the campaign. He started out pretty much CG. His primary motivations were revenge and protecting the orphanage.

mid-late game, we were escorting a wizard home from his factory. He was a real scrooge type, and a mob had formed to try and kill him, led by a champion of death and a champion of freedom. We defended him against the mob, dispersing the mob with Gusts of Winds and Energy Bolts and Geyser spells, and killed the champion of freedom. We captured the champion of death in an eldritch web, and Zatara proceeded to interrogate him. The interrogation came to a swift end when the imprisoned champion called me a race-traitor, and I proceeded to throw a tantrum. Which in this case entailed opening a crack in the earth beneath his feet, and causing a geyser of boiling water to erupt upon him, while he was trapped in the eldritch web. So I pretty much boiled him alive.

This was the moment when I finally went from CN to CE. It was also the moment when the party realized they had somewhat failed in the 'teaching the poor tormented orphan right from wrong' department.

The party sorceress (whom Zatara had adopted as a mother-figure) punished him by taking away his enchanted ice cream machine.

Irreverent Fool
2007-09-26, 02:36 AM
Thread necromancy!