PDA

View Full Version : Favorite RPG moments

Immabozo
2016-06-03, 05:07 AM
I got a particularly nasty case of nostalgia and I had to make this thread. What are your favorite moments in an RPG?

One of mine, we were playing Star Wars saga and we were in a space battle. My jedi was less than useless in space battles. So, when it can to me in the initiative, I decided to blow the ships sewage lines, and use the force: move object, threw our.... excrement.... at the enemy ships. The GM decided to, I guess, play along, and used the 1/round ability to dodge an attack. The next one in initiative then landed a single hit to destroy the ship, so the DM went to evade that 1 attack, but he had already spent the 1/round action dodging my poop attack!

One of my other ones, I was very new to D&D, I doubt this mechanically works, but my DM was so proud of my solution, so he let it fly. My cleric was in a tournament and as a routine buff, I always had on ventriloquism (the DM let me roll bluff to fool my target into behaving as if there was an enemy behind him and thus flank an opponent all on my lonesome). This bard had silence cast on his breastplate, so he could get into melee and caster would have a bad day. When I found out I couldn't cast spells, due to silence, I asked my DM if I could, using ventriloquism, complete the verbal components of my spells from outside the silenced area. I proceeded to soundly whoop that bard's tukus

Falcon X
2016-06-03, 10:18 AM
So I had this CE shapeshifting Kobold. I'll skip bulk of his stories of rape and pillage. We spent most of the time in a city trying to take down this incubus who led the whorehouse (read: not at all the main plot the DM planned).
A sample of our adventures: So, we lured the incubus onto the street at night by dangling a nun in front of him (to kidnap), when our attack failed, we fled to the biggest church in town and it summoned succubi to chase us. At the church, a bunch of paladins and clerics came out to do battle with them. They killed the succubi, but the succubi had explosive earrings that exploded all of them (I was hiding around the corner. I'm a lover, not a fighter). So, I pillaged the bodies, found the month's offering on them, used the money to get the apothecary to craft a bunch of "rings of opium", gave one to an orphan girl to make her perpetually high, and tried to use the orphan girl as a bargaining chip to get into the brothel.... I could go on.

My favorite moment: My companion decided to turn good and repent at the church. My kobold said "Good? I want to be that too!" Cut to me confessing to the priest all my sins... three hours later, the priest looks like he's about to pass out from horror. I had to atone by walking around the city praising the goddess. "All hail the goddess, because she is hot. I mean have you seen her statue. And she's good and stuff, and I'm good, so all hail her!" Things like that...

Immabozo
2016-06-03, 01:34 PM
So I had this CE shapeshifting Kobold. snip

haha that sounds like fun