PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Acquisitions Incorporated in 3.5

Someguy231
2016-06-03, 05:30 AM
So, in a FR game we're in, the main GM and I plan on having this amazing adventuring party in our campaign. Problem is that they formed up back in the days of 4e. So, what would be the best way to convert the stats for the main members to 3.5?

Telonius
2016-06-03, 11:30 PM
4.5 to 3.5 conversions are usually pretty tricky; there isn't really a straightforward method of conversion (like there was from 3.0 to 3.5). (EDIT: Ah, you meant these guys (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/podcasts/acquisitions-inc)?)

Someguy231
2016-06-03, 11:40 PM
Yep, those guys.

Eldaran
2016-06-04, 12:18 AM
I don't see why there'd be any difficulty. With the exception of Wil Wheaton's Avenger (which could probably be a Duskblade or Paladin) the main party is just Cleric, Fighter, Wizard. Patrick Rothfuss is a rogue if I remember correctly.

I don't think you have to perfectly replicate their powers, and 3.5 has enough variety to cover most of what they could do anyway.

Telonius
2016-06-04, 12:21 AM
Well, Binwin seems like a straightforward Dwarf Barbarian.

Omin, I'd probably stat as a Cleric of Olidammara (for both luck and greed).

Jim Darkmagic is harder to figure. Dual Wand Wielder would be an obvious feat for him, so he'd need Craft Wand and Two-Weapon Fighting. For the class ... Wizard, I'd suppose. I'd be tempted to set him as a Sorcerer, but they're charisma-based .

ExLibrisMortis
2016-06-04, 02:50 PM
Jim Darkmagic is harder to figure. Dual Wand Wielder would be an obvious feat for him, so he'd need Craft Wand and Two-Weapon Fighting. For the class ... Wizard, I'd suppose. I'd be tempted to set him as a Sorcerer, but they're charisma-based .
Artificers are better with wands than any other class, and they have sound reasons to use them all the time (infusions having long casting times, and such).

Someguy231
2016-06-15, 08:45 PM
Posting on here again to revive this thread. Hopefully

Someguy231
2016-08-05, 02:33 PM
Another bump for revival

Waker
2016-08-05, 02:57 PM
Repeated thread bumping is pretty annoying. Ok, what exactly are you wanting to recreate? You mention a podcast or something, but give us the TLDR version for those who don't feel like listening to it all. What details about the characters do you want captured, what can they all do?