PDA

View Full Version : A quick couple questions about Aegii?

SilverSavio
2016-06-03, 04:46 PM
I've been doing some reading about the Aegis class that Dreamscarred Press has published and I've come to question a couple of things about them.

Question 1) Can a Crystal Warrior even take the Student of the Astral Suit feat since it specifically calls for the Invigorating Suit class feature but that archetype has nothing that qualifies the class for such things that requires it since Psiycrystal Containment replaces invigorating Suit.'

Does this also mean that the Crystal Warrior cannot even qualify for Metaforge?

Question 2) With Path of War: Expanded the Aegis can take a customization to gain maneuvers, and there is an archetype that gives them a gimped eidolon, the Ectopic Artisan. The Astral Warrior can be given customizations as the Astral Suit which leads me to question how the Initiator's Soul customization would work for the Astral Warrior? Does it gain the int mod of its creator? Can it simply not be given that customization? How does this work?

And finally for a stupid question 3) Is a Gelatinous Cube busting out some Iron Man Armor not be one of the most hilarious things you would ever come across?

ATalsen
2016-06-03, 06:34 PM
1) Going strictly RAW, the Crystal Warrior archetype loses the Invigorating Suit class feature normally gained by the Aegis, so anything requiring that feature would not be attainable. So no Student of the Astral Suit or Metaforge for Crystal Warrior.

2) For Ectopic Artisan you are basically asking if a mindless creature can initiate maneuvers, and again strictly by RAW, there’s no prohibition on the normally allowed initiation regarding having no initiator stat. If you have gained a maneuver via some legal method then you can use it.

It’s not like magic where you need a given stat value to cast a spell – you can have an 8 stat and still initiate 9th level maneuvers. It will tend to hose over maneuver DCs, but just don’t use maneuvers that have DCs and it should work fine.

Since the Ectopic Artisan is commanding the construct it’s the Ectopic Artisan that needs to tell the construct when and how to use the maneuvers, just the same as they tell the construct when and how to attack its opponents.

"Commanding an astral warrior is the same as commanding an astral construct."

From Astral Construct: "As a free action, you can mentally direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions"

3) For an Aegis / Gelatinous Cube I tend the think more of a Borg Cube – Armored Flying, well… Cube.