PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Eager stack with Warning?

theboss
2016-06-03, 06:00 PM
Basically as the title says, does this two enchantment stuck?

Eager:

An eager weapon can be drawn as a free
action. While wielding it, you gain a +2
bonus on initiative checks and a +2 bonus
on damage rolls made during a surprise
round and the first round of combat.
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and
Armor, cat’s grace.
Cost to Create: Varies.

Warning:

A warning weapon grants you a +5 insight
bonus on initiative checks as long as it
is held.
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and
Armor, cat’s grace.
Cost to Create: Varies.

The way I see it, they don't... But I'd like to hear some thoughts becasue they don't mention any type of bonus in the Eager enchantment.

Thanks in advance

Bronk
2016-06-03, 06:11 PM
Basically as the title says, does this two enchantment stuck?

Eager:
Warning:

The way I see it, they don't... But I'd like to hear some thoughts becasue they don't mention any type of bonus in the Eager enchantment.

Thanks in advance

Yes, they do stack, for the reasons you mentioned. They're two bonuses, of two different types: untyped and insight.

Beheld
2016-06-03, 06:11 PM
Yes, untyped bonuses stack with insight bonuses. In fact, untyped bonuses stack with other untyped bonuses from a different source.

theboss
2016-06-03, 06:13 PM
Many thanks

Necroticplague
2016-06-03, 06:15 PM

Why wouldn't they stack? Two different bonus types stack.

theboss
2016-06-03, 06:25 PM
Why wouldn't they stack? Two different bonus types stack.

Same Prerequisites...Same enchantment, Same price....

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-06-03, 06:28 PM
Same Prerequisites...Same enchantment, Same price....Different ability, different bonus type.

They stack.

Necroticplague
2016-06-03, 06:38 PM
Same Prerequisites...Same enchantment, Same price....

Different size of bonus, different name of ability, different amount of bonuses....That's like saying Flaming and Frost don't stack because they're so similar.

Quertus
2016-06-03, 07:35 PM
These two enchantment stacking is one of the reasons why the "best" party I was in, the worst init bonus in the party was a +7.

theboss
2016-06-04, 04:25 AM
I didn't knew that and I'm glad that now I know. It's for my character... I'm not trying to ruin someone's build...

These two enchantment stacking is one of the reasons why the "best" party I was in, the worst init bonus in the party was a +7.

My bonus now is +20 :smalltongue:

Quertus
2016-06-04, 06:58 AM
My bonus now is +20 :smalltongue:

You might get a turn... if you roll high enough. :smalltongue:

Actually, we were looking at... Hmmm... 7 (dex) + 7 (eager+warning) + 4 (improved init) + 2 (gifted general) + 7 (chr <- lightning blade) + 1 (dragonfly amulet) = +28. Or thereabouts.

Gildedragon
2016-06-04, 11:00 AM
You might get a turn... if you roll high enough. :smalltongue:

Actually, we were looking at... Hmmm... 7 (dex) + 7 (eager+warning) + 4 (improved init) + 2 (gifted general) + 7 (chr <- lightning blade) + 1 (dragonfly amulet) = +28. Or thereabouts.
How are you getting Cha to initiative from lightning blade?

DarkSonic1337
2016-06-04, 01:55 PM
Maybe he's thinking swiftblade?

Also want to mention ring of anticipation to the initiative stacking conversation. If I recall correctly it was close to an effective +4 bonus to initiative.