PDA

View Full Version : Burlew's almost-Eberron setting

Mobius
2007-06-27, 11:33 PM
I knew Rich Burlew was a known name and he was a reasonably big name in the world of DMs and DnD in general, but I just picked up Eberron today and I was amazed to see him mentioned in the introduction as one of the three finalists for the setting proposals. Was the setting he submitted the one he's shown us the building process of here in GITP, with the sun goddess and the moon god and so on, or another one? What was it like? Has he pursued it further? I'd never heard anything about it before, which seems odd, if it came that close to being picked up by WotC themselves.

Matthew
2007-06-27, 11:40 PM
Nope, we know very little about that setting because Wizards own the rights to it, as I understand it. I think this information is in the FAQ (so called because nobody reads it, as once was wisely pointed out by a certain Finn)

brian c
2007-06-28, 12:24 AM
Like Matthew said, WotC still owns the rights to whatever it was that Rich submitted.

Are you aware though that, since then especially, Rich has done other work for WotC? Dungeonscape is a terrific book for a lot of campaigns.

Dragonmuncher
2007-06-28, 10:06 AM
Ah, the FAQ... filled with references from the old GITP page. Makes me yearn for the good old days.

I remember when the switch first happened, there was still a way to access the "old" page, with the campaign logs and such. Anyone remember how to do that?