PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help getting a twist on my blaster Wizard/sorcerer.

andysowhat
2016-06-04, 02:28 PM
So I planned making a blaster/survival wizard/sorcerer sort of type. (level 1 sorc, level 19 wiz, the classic power build.) Draconic/orc bloodline etc.

So I thought I try making this character that only is using fireball as the only damage spell, and I would like to max the damage of this one spell, getting this reckless feel to my character. Like that I don't have single target damage spells, and no propper meta feats to negate the friendly AOE damage, making me a sort of wildcard in fights. Either I will over perform in straight up combat dealing massive, or I will under perform heavily because of close quarters and allies are in melee combat with the enemy, making me go to alternative options. Because. Hey you just don't splat a fireball in your teammates face.

I would like my character to have some distinct weaknesses. Like no crafting, no abilities to capture or pinning down creatures (like this spell etc. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/black-tentacles). To kill or to be killed, sort of feeling. Things that would be really awesome is spells like illusions, or similar that allows survivability. Escaping impossible situations or maybe tricks to just survive. Some fun mechanics to do in combats or avoid bad situations.

I'm trying to aim for those awkward moments, where you meet a pack of orcs underground, and your party is almost wiped. Then suddenly the party's wizard figures out there is no hope, trying as a last desperation to throw light in his enemies faces. Only finding out, that light blinds them completely, and you are able to turn the battle completly with a silly cantrip spell.

I have been reading up on wizard spells along with several feats, but I just fall short for inspiration. But I hope you get what I'm aming for :) Gladly share funny moments using silly spells or similar, or silly builds or something. ^^