PDA

View Full Version : You could poke an eye out with that [Feat]

Setra
2007-06-28, 01:02 AM
This is just something I came up with out of boredom and a sense of humor.

Spiky Hair [Hair]

Prerequisites: BaB +3, Dex 13
Benefit: Your hair is so ridiculously spiky, that when you make a full attack action, you may make an extra attack with your hair, the damage being equal to half your level, rounded down.

Also, you gain a +1 bonus to Escape Artist Checks made to escape grapples, as your hair distracts them.
Normal: You may not make an attack with your hair.
Special: You may only take one 'Hair' feat at a time.
Sorry if it's been done before
Comments? :smalltongue:

Edited it a little. Then a little more.

Poppatomus
2007-06-28, 01:21 AM
The normal really sells it.

A companion from a similarly bored person:

Cue Ball
Pre: Hairless, Cha 15+

You're head is so shiny that it is actually useful in combat. once per round as a standard action you may attempt to reflect light at an opponent within 60 ft. to distract them. They must make a reflex save with a DC equal to 10 + you Cha modifier or be considered dazzled for 1d6 rounds.

Additionally, your shiny head provides a +2 stylin' bonus to all Bluff checks, as well intimidate checks that are made in combat.

Normal: you can not distract people with your head, regardless of its shininess.

Hazkali
2007-06-28, 02:06 AM
I would reply, but my head keeps on unscrewing...

Hmm...nothing in your prerequisites stops me from taking both Cue Ball and Spiky Hair, although trying to imagine spiky baldness is starting to give me a migrane.

I feel I have to return the favour:

Eighties Mullet [Hair]

Prerequisites: Bab +3, Cha 13

Benefit: Once per round, you may flick your mullet at one target within 10ft. This counts as a ranged touch attack, with no range modifiers. If the attack is successful, the target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+ 1/2 your character level + Cha mod) or is blinded ("Arrgh! Hair in my eyes!") for 2d4 rounds.

Special: Without this feat, you may not make attacks with your hair. Even if you are a 20th level Moshing Barbarian.

If a character with the Snatch Arrows feat catches your hair attack, you count as being connected to him by a lasso (see PhB for the rules of lassos).

You may not take more than one [Hair] feat. Characters with Eighties Mullet cannot take Spiky Hair or Cue Ball

Callix
2007-06-28, 02:48 AM
This looks like a lot of fun. Mind if I join in?

Pudding Basin [Hair]
Your hair has a total lack of any style. As such, people tend to ignore you, since you are so uncool.
Benefit: You take a -2 penalty to all Intimidate checks, but gain a +2 bonus to all Hide checks when hiding in a crowd and a +2 bonus to Bluff checks to persuade people that you are harmless.
Normal: You have some sort of style
Special: You can only take one feat with the [Hair] descriptor.

asqwasqw
2007-06-28, 02:53 AM
You realize that the OP and Hazkali both said that without the feat, you can not make attacks with your hair, therefore creating a paradox unless you have either both or none of the feats?

Studoku
2007-06-28, 03:28 AM
Afro of holding (hair)
You have an afro that is large and thick enough to store items in.
Benefit:You can use your hair as a bag of holding (type 1).
Normal:You can't store items in your hair
Special: You can only take one 'hair' feat.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-28, 05:37 AM
Flat Top [Hair]
req: Hair, no other hair feats
You gain a +3 bonus to intimidate checks for having a badarse haircut. You gain -1 on charisma for having such an out of date haircut.

You must make a DC 5 craft(Hair) check every day or lose the bonus from this feat. The DC to restore your haircut is (10 + days you failed to cut it) to a maximum of DC 20.

Its Retro [Hair]
req: Flat Top
The charisma penalty from the Flat Top feat is negated.

Artemician
2007-06-28, 09:07 AM
Heh. We should compile these feats together into a coherent post, and work out the exact rules of hair.

Anyway, here's are some more.

Hirsute [General, Hair]
You have a LOT of hair. Maybe it's because of that special ointment that you rub. Maybe it's just hereditary. In any case, it's a lot.
Requirements: Any one hair feat, Con 13+
BenefitYou may take multiple [Hair] feats. Any numeric bonuses that a [Hair] feat would grant you are multiplied by 1.5
Normal: You may not take more than one hair feat.

Porcupine Style [Hair,Tactical]
You have mastered the art of utilizing your Spiked hair in battle, your attacks, like those of the Mythical Beast the Porcupine, really do put your opponent's eyes out, in addition to a myriad of other things.
Requirements: Spiked Hair, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Bab +8
Benefit: The feat Porcupine Style grants the following three tactical options.

Gel-Spiked Charger- When you succeed on a Bull Rush attempt against an opponent, you may immediately make an attack with your Hair at your highest Base Attack Bonus against him.
Quill Spray - By flicking your hair with a comb, you may turn your hair into a fearsome projectile weapon. Your hair can now be fired with a ranged increment of 10 ft. Your hair is a projectile weapon, and you may not add your Strength Modifier to attacks with this tactical option.
Hair Trap - You may, as a standard action that provokes attacks of oppurtunity, cut off a few locks of your hair. You immediately take 1d4 Charisma damage (no save). However, the hair can be placed onto the floor to form a hair snare trap. Treat the locks as Masterwork Caltrops, with the exception that they immediately lose their function and dissolve when in contact with water.

Special: You may take this feat even if you already possess a hair feat, but that feat must be Spiky Hair.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-06-28, 09:14 AM
Bangs over eyes [hair]
Your emo haircut makes you hard to see
Bonus: You get a plus 3 to hide and move silently checks.

Artemician
2007-06-28, 09:22 AM
Bangs over eyes [hair]
Your emo haircut makes you hard to see
Bonus: You get a plus 3 to hide and move silently checks.

I would change that, as it is, it's just much better than Skill Focus (hide/move silently) or Sneaky.

Bang Over Eyes [Hair]
Your long hair drapes over your eyes, obscuring your vision. However, it also makes you that much harder to recognize, as if you were wearing a mask.
Bonus:You automatically succeed on Disguise checks to avoid being recognized. However, this feat has no effect on other uses of the Disguise skill, such as to stay in character.
You take a -1 penalty to Spot checks and gain a +1 bonus on Hide checks.

Poppatomus
2007-06-28, 09:52 AM
I like what your doing here Artemician. might I suggest "hirsute" (or however that's spelled) for the as yet unnamed feat?

Artemician
2007-06-28, 09:57 AM
I like what your doing here Artemician. might I suggest "hirsute" (or however that's spelled) for the as yet unnamed feat?

Gotcha. Thanks for the idea.

I think I'm going to compile all these feats, and standardize the rules for hair. This concept is just too cool to pass up.

Capt .12 Gauge
2007-06-28, 02:13 PM
New feat: Master Stylist
Prerequisites: Craft(hair do) 10 ranks
Your skill with hair manipulation is so great that you can rapidly craft a battle worthy style in 15 minutes flat. If you have masterwork barber tools, you may spend 15 minutes and make a DC 20 Craft(hair do) check to style another character's mane, giving them benefits of the hair feat of your choice (that the character in question qualifies for) for 1 hour + 15 minutes for every 1 by which succeed the check. you may only use this ability once per character per day

Special: If you use this ability to grant a character the cueball feat they can not be granted any other hair feats until at least 1 month after the last application of the cueball feat.

Unscrewed
2007-06-28, 02:23 PM
The normal really sells it.

A companion from a similarly bored person:

Cue Ball
Pre: Hairless, Cha 15+

You're head is so shiny that it is actually useful in combat. once per round as a standard action you may attempt to reflect light at an opponent within 60 ft. to distract them. They must make a reflex save with a DC equal to 10 + you Cha modifier or be considered dazzled for 1d6 rounds.

I've heard of head shots, but this is ridiculous.

Callix
2007-06-28, 04:15 PM
Ponytail [Hair]
You have a ponytail, and you're not afraid to use it.
Benefit: You can make attacks with your ponytail. You can use it as a normal melee weapon which deals 1d4 nonlethal damage for a Medium creature. A heavy ring or band changes this to 1d6 lethal damage for a Medium creature. Making more than one attack with your hair in one round (other than with the Whirlwind Attack feat) leaves you off-baklance (treat as flat-footed) until your next turn. Whenever you use the Cleave or Whirlwind Attack feats with another weapon, you gain a free ponytail attack against the adjacent enemy of your choice. You may only gain one attack per round in this fashion.
Normal: You may not attack with your hair.

Also, a suggestion: Medusae cannot take Hair feats.

Poppatomus
2007-06-28, 04:33 PM
Pigtails[hair]
Req: Ponytail
You're cute, but deadly.
Benefit:Any time you make a ponytail attack you may choose to make a second ponytail attack at your full base attack bonus against another adjacent target. This attack with your ponytail can be made without being considered flat-footed. Your hair must be prepared in order to use this ability, preperation takes 1 minute and prevents the use of ponytail to gain a free attack after a whirlwind or cleave.

Leia Hair[hair] (if this has an actual name do tell)
Req: Ponytail
Trust the Stylist, Luke.
Benefit: You gain an additional +1 to your natural armor and have a 50% chance of avoiding any killing strike from a Vorpal weapon or any other effect that kills through decapitation. If you have the hirsute feat, these bonuses are doubled. Your hair must be prepared in order to use this ability, preperation takes 1 minute and prevents the use of ponytail or pigtails.
Normal: Your hair provides you no defensive bonuses.

Catch
2007-06-28, 04:57 PM
Leia Hair[hair] (if this has an actual name do tell)

"Donut Hairstyle" or "Cinnamon Buns."

Duchess_of_Elysian
2007-06-28, 05:19 PM
Awesome. Hair is underrated as a weapon, in my opinion. My contributions:

Flyaway [Hair]
You have long, straight hair that has a habit of standing up or sticking to things randomly.
Benefit: Anyone attempting to make a Concentration check while focusing on you takes a -4 to the check as they are distracted by your hair. This effect does not work if your hair is wet or suffering the effects of Hairspray.
Normal: Your hair actually stays in one place.
Special: This feat may not be taken in conjunction with Spiky Hair, Cueball, Afro of Holding, or Ponytail.

Static Cling [Hair]
Your hair is very susceptible to static electricity, which you can use to your advantage.
Prerequisite: Flyaway
Benefit: Once per every five rounds, you may make a touch attack to confer the charge in your hair to another, doing 1d6 electricity damage. The effects of Flyaway are negated for 5 rounds after this attack is used. If you take electricity damage, the attack and Flyaway effect is immediately restored and can be used on your next turn, even if it has not yet been 5 rounds since your last attack. This attack can not be used if your hair is wet or suffering the effects of Hairspray.
Normal: Your hair does not get staticky enough to be used as an attack.

Setra
2007-06-29, 02:13 AM
I go to sleep, wake up, come onto the forums at some point later in time to find that apparently I have started some sort of hair revolution. Awesome.

PlasticSoldier
2007-06-29, 03:48 AM
Goatee [Hair, Strong Evil]

Prereq: Must have Good twin, Evil alignment

Benefit: You gain a +3 to all Charisma checks against non-good creatures, You gain a +3 to intimidate checks, You automatically make any disguise attempts when trying to disquise yourself as your Good twin

Normal: You don't have a cool beard.

This feat stacks with other Hair feats.

Demented
2007-06-29, 03:54 AM
Goatee [Hair, Strong Evil]

[...]

Normal: Your facial hair is the antithesis of style.

This I have fixed!

Artemician
2007-06-29, 05:03 AM
I'm working on compiling these feats, and in the process, have thought up some new ones.

Static Leviation (StatLev) [Hair]
You have also gained a crude control over the electromagnetic forces that occupy your hair, and can hover by repelling yourself from the ground.
Prerequisites: Flyaway, Static Cling, Character level 6th
Benefit: When your Flyaway feat is active, you gain the ability to hover 5 feet above the ground. This functions as the Elocator's Scorn Earth ability (XPH, page ~~)

Static Tempest [Hair]
The charge in your hair builds up abnormally fast, and you can shock opponents multiple times. By anointing your hair with amber, you can build up so much of a charge that you can release an electric pulse that hits multiple opponents.
Prerequisites: Flyaway, Static Cling, Bab +3
Benefit: You gain the ability to make static shock attacks at will, instead of every 5 rounds. You still require an attack action to make static shocks. You do not lose the benefits of the Flyaway feat when you make static shock attacks.
In addition, you gain the benefits of the Whirlwind attack feat, but only to your static shock attacks.

Thoughts, anyone? As you can see, I'm striving to make all of these feats into coherent trees, that will add value to a character beyond just the laughs. If you feel that any of the feats are too overpowered or underpowered, please tell me, along with your reason.

Artemician
2007-06-29, 06:29 AM
I've reworked the Spiked Hair feat to make more sense. Any thoughts on the following?

Spiked Hair [Hair, Basic]
You have some spiky hair. When you get up close and personal to an opponent, your hair pokes him, causing pain.
Prerequisites: Bab +1, Con 11+
Benefit: Your hair is treated as if it were a set of Armor Spikes , with all the relevant benefits. Your hair does not deal the stated damage for armour spikes, but rather deals damage equal to an unarmed strike.
Normal: Your hair does nothing.

Combat Spikes [Hair]
You have anointed your hair with the finest of wax and pomade. It has been designed for use as a weapon, and you have sharpened and styled it for this purpose.
Prerequisites: Bab +3, Spiked Hair
Benefit: You are considered proficient with your hair, and can now make attacks with your hair. It is treated as an unarmed strike, with the exception that deals piercing damage.
Normal: You may not attack with your hair.
Special: This feat can be used in place of the feat Improved Unarmed Strike to qualify for feats and prestige classes.

Superior Unarmed Spike anyone? :smallbiggrin:

Setra
2007-06-29, 06:58 AM
Nice rework, didn't think of armor spikes.

These are just kind of funny/neat to read.

brian c
2007-06-29, 08:53 AM
Combat Spikes [Hair]
snip
Special: This feat can be used in place of the feat Improved Unarmed Strike to qualify for feats and prestige classes.

Heh... a Sorcerer with spiky hair can now add their Cha to armor class. I think that's funny, but in real game terms that "special" is a little troublesome.

Triaxx
2007-06-29, 09:06 AM
Static Tempest should disrupt Static levitation for a few rounds upon use, since it's discharging some of the energy.

Artemician
2007-06-29, 09:08 AM
Heh... a Sorcerer with spiky hair can now add their Cha to armor class. I think that's funny, but in real game terms that "special" is a little troublesome.

How so? I don't understand how a feat that allows you to qualify for other feats as if it were Improved Unarmed Strike allows someone to add their Cha to Armour Class.

Static Tempest should disrupt Static levitation for a few rounds upon use, since it's discharging some of the energy.

Hmm.. the idea behind Static Tempest is that, well, you can repeatedly zap opponents, as your hair has more than enough juice. But then again, when I look at it, it's quite horrible as a feat, and the benefits don't really fit the fluff. Maybe I should just redo the feat..

Triaxx
2007-06-29, 09:17 AM
Actually, given the fluff, it should be almost an electrical pulse, dealing damage to all adjacent creatures.

Xefas
2007-06-29, 01:25 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millia_Rage

Horrible Mutant Hair
Through some freakish demonic possession or scientific hair experiment gone wrong, your hair has become a deadly entity in and of itself.
Prerequisites: Combat Spikes, Static Tempest
Benefit: Your hair becomes a reach weapon equivalent to a Spiked Chain made for your size category. You are proficient in its use, and can deliver static shock attacks automatically on successful strikes. In addition, you cannot be flanked in any round in which you do not attack with your hair, as you are able to divide both you attention and the attention of your hair between two opponents.

Armads
2007-06-30, 01:37 AM

Ascetic Mage doesn't work if you want to use it that way.

If you would normally be allowed to add your Wisdom bonus to AC (such as for a unarmored, unencumbered monk), you instead add your Charisma bonus (if any) to your AC.

Artemician
2007-06-30, 01:54 AM
Ascetic Mage doesn't work if you want to use it that way.

Ah.. so it was Ascetic Mage. I wondered. But, even if it DID work that way, then the Sorceror had might as well just take Improved Unarmed Strike, instead of taking two feats, no?

In any case, some more feats.

~Name Pending~ [Hair]
Your hair is so big and sturdy, that you can force opponents inside forcibly, whereupon they are hard-pressed to leave.
Prerequisites: Afro of Holding, Combat Expertise, Improved Grapple, Bab +5, Con 13+
Benefit: When you start a round with an opponent pinned, you may attempt a new grapple check (as though attempting to pin the opponent). If you succeed, the opponent takes grapple damage, and is forced into your hair. A swallowed creature has no air to breathe, and after a number of rounds, it begins to suffocate due to lack of air. (See the suffocation and thirst rules, DMG page ~~) A swallowed creature can cut its way out by using a light slashing or piercing weapon to deal 15 points of damage to the hair (AC 10). Once the creature exits, muscular (hair-u-lar?) action closes the hole; another swallowed opponent must cut its own way out.

Your hair can hold an unlimited amount of opponents, as long as the total weight of everything inside is within its carrying capacity. You may expel opponents from your hair at any time. This can only be done in an adjacent, unoccupied square.
Normal: You can't squeeze people into your hair.

Iron Maiden [Hair]
Your hair is not only big and sturdy, but is also lined with spikes, both on the inside and the outside. The whole contraption resembles some sort of medieval torture device.
Prerequisites: Afro of Holding, Combat Expertise, Improved Grapple, ~Name Pending~, Spiked Hair, Bab +8, Con 15+
Benefit: When you use the ~Name Pending~ feat to force an opponent into your hair, the swallowed opponent takes an additional 2d6 piercing damage each round he is inside from your spikes. In addition, the number of damage a swallowed opponent must deal to cut his way out is increased to 30.

Armads
2007-06-30, 04:31 AM
What happens if you use ~Name Pending~ to trap someone, then put a portable hole into your hair?

Also, ~Name Pending~ is rather overpowered now, as a monster with that and Iron Maiden can easily destroy any fighter who forgets to pack a light weapon along. You should let the trapped person attempt to hold breath, and maybe make it such that you can only trap smaller foes.

What action is it to expel people from the thing?

Triaxx
2007-06-30, 05:42 AM
Having had problems with such in the past, I ruled that every character carries a utility knife, which can act as a light weapon in such a case, provided no other weapon is available. It hits as an improvised weapon, but does dagger damage.

Anxe
2007-06-30, 06:41 AM
Dreadlock[Hair]
"I haven't cut or shampooed my hair since grade school!"
Prerequisites: Rage or Frenzy ability, Cha 15
Benefit: That one dreadlock on your head that you call a hairstyle gives you a frightful presence ability. Everyone within 30 ft. of you must make a Will Save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Cha bonus) or be shaken for 1d6 rounds. Those with HD equal or more than yours are immune.

Imrix.
2007-06-30, 08:55 AM
This is... This is too awesome for words. It really is.

Now, how long do you think it'll be before some random fanboy demands Sephiroth Hair?

Poppatomus
2007-06-30, 09:12 AM
I am gonna vote either "Marge hair" or "Beehive of consumption" for the unamed feat. I agree that it needs to be weakned however. Rather then suffocating, I would make it deal non-lethal damage every round, and then have Iron maiden turn that into lethal damage. Also, there should be a penalty for absorbing someone that get out (say, can't use any hair feats for one hour, or some such.)

Another:

Teenaged Heroine's Hair
Req: Cha 13+, Int 13+, disguise +3, Knowledge (any) +3 or Perform +3

Depending on the way you wear your hair, people treat you completely differently.
Benefit Your hair is either up or down at all times. When up you gain a +3 inherent bonus to all int based checks but -3 to all cha based checks. When down you gain a +3 bonus to all cha based checks, but -3 to all int based checks.

It takes 1 round to switch from one to the other. When you switch, you may target one character within 10 ft. That character must make an opposed will save against 10 + your ranks in disguise or immediatly be considered friendly. This can only be done once every two hours.

Normal: Simply changing your hairstyle doesn't affect your character in the least.

Special If you possess other hair feats, you must choose whether they, or this feat, are active. It takes 15 minutes of preperation to allow the use of other feats or to return to using this feat. You also cannot take this feat if you also have the cueball feat.

Setra
2007-06-30, 06:21 PM
Silver Hair of the Devil [Hair]

Prerequisites: Cha 17
Benefit: Your hair is shiny... very very shiny. People love your hair, and as such, you gain a +3 to Diplomacy, and Bluff, but a -2 to Intimidate, and Hide.

Normal: Your hair is not overrated
Special: You may only take one Hair feat at a time.

Callix
2007-07-02, 05:53 PM
Hair Style [Hair]
Prerequisite: Any Hair feat other than Pudding Basin.
Benefit: Your hair is remarkably stylish, even for its given style. Treat it as a constant 0-level distracting spell effect (Charisma-based). This ability cannot be voluntarily ended. Also, you gain a +2 to all Charisma-based checks, but take a -2 penalty to Hide checks when using a crowd for concealment.

CabbageTheif
2007-07-02, 10:36 PM
Fad
prereq- any other hair style feat, HairStyle, cha mod +3

Benefit- because you and your hair are both so awesome, you radiate a coolness that is desired by all. as such, people who are 1/3 you hd need to make a will save (dc Cha mod+10)or desire their hair to be exactly like yours.

you also gain a +5 bonus with everyone who has failed the will save in any bluff, gather info, or diplomacey check involving the individual.

Normal- People think your hair is so-so, and dont feel a need to change theirr style

Special-combined with the leadership feat, your awesome aura has your followers taken aback, and they change their hair to match yours (they retrain a feat to have a hair feat that is the same as your hair style feat). they keep the hairstyle even if dismissed from duty to you

Poppatomus
2007-07-02, 10:46 PM
Trendsetter[hair]
Req: Cha 15+, Fad

You are a fashion pioneer. You may make an opposed charisma check against any other character with a hair feat. If you succeed they spend one round adjusting the style of their hair and doing nothing else. After that round, for the next ten rounds they can not use a hair feat unless you are using that same feat.

Normal: no one cares what your hair looks like.

Special: You gain a +2 bonus on this check for every hair feat you posess.

brian c
2007-07-02, 10:51 PM
Normal: no one cares what your hair looks like.

I want to put this in every feat that I write now.

Mr. Moogle
2007-07-02, 10:55 PM
I need a lung transplant from laughing so hard, anyone want to donate?

CabbageTheif
2007-07-03, 06:49 AM
shure moog. just take this HairSpray Familiarity feat

Requirrements- a prepared hairstyle feat (as opposed to spontanious hair-casting)

Benifit- because it takes any number of chemicals to prepare you hair in the morrning, you have goten used to the stench and acrid feeling in your nose. you also have become much more efficient ant making your style in the morning. as such, you get a +2 to fortitude saves on all inhalation based saves (poisonus gasses, sickening stenches) and you take half the time preparing your hair every morning. this does cut the effects of trendsetter to 5 rounds, and the aura of Trendsetter, greater* cuts the time to 10 rounds.

normal- large quantities of hairspray makes you gag, and it takes forever to prepare for the day.

*Aura of trendsetter and aura of trendsetter, greater are parts of the bard-based presteig class Rocker** and the female counterpart Diva**

**no, i have not made the pesteig classes yet, but they should get mad benifits from these feats.