PDA

View Full Version : RPG Ideas

Zanctarian
2016-06-05, 06:31 PM
Fun thread: List any ideas you have for a cool rpg.. I am thinking about coding a 3D one but I am puzzled on the theme and would love your opinion, hope to hear from you!

Belac93
2016-06-05, 07:16 PM
This is TTRPGs. If you are talking about a video game (which I think you are), go here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?26-Gaming-%28Other%29)

Zanctarian
2016-06-05, 10:48 PM
This is TTRPGs.
@Balac93 Now I am sorta frustrated with you. I re read all the sticky post and it doesn't say this is just a TTRPG, all it says is just the RPG.. Including TTRPGs, MMORPGs, and others. I suggest you also re read this, if this forum would be about TableTop RPGs, then it should say so on the forum name.. What I am describing is ideas for a theme in a RPG, it could even be a MMO if I wanted.

Belac93
2016-06-05, 11:06 PM
@Balac93 Now I am sorta frustrated with you. I re read all the sticky post and it doesn't say this is just a TTRPG, all it says is just the RPG.. Including TTRPGs, MMORPGs, and others. I suggest you also re read this, if this forum would be about TableTop RPGs, then it should say so on the forum name.. What I am describing is ideas for a theme in a RPG, it could even be a MMO if I wanted.

Well, if you want an idea, sure. I was just saying if you wanted specifically video games, you might want to check that out. Sorry if I frustrated you, I though you were just looking for digital resources.

Well, ideas, huh? I few I can think of:

-The main character has some sort of mental insanity, and gets powers from it.
-A game about being evil (there aren't enough rpgs about that).
-Playing a normal person in a fantastical setting, trying to survive.
-Being a dog. Not a super-powerful dog, just a normal dog and it's life.

Again, apologies.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say: Congratulations on joining giantitp (I just realized that this site lists its own name as a typo).

Zanctarian
2016-06-06, 01:27 AM
Well, if you want an idea, sure. I was just saying if you wanted specifically video games, you might want to check that out. Sorry if I frustrated you, I though you were just looking for digital resources.

Well, ideas, huh? I few I can think of:

-The main character has some sort of mental insanity, and gets powers from it.
-A game about being evil (there aren't enough rpgs about that).
-Playing a normal person in a fantastical setting, trying to survive.
-Being a dog. Not a super-powerful dog, just a normal dog and it's life.

Again, apologies.

EDIT: Also, forgot to say: Congratulations on joining giantitp (I just realized that this site lists its own name as a typo).

It's ok, the rpg isn't going to be all game related.. If people love the virtual game version I may do training cards for the game, like they do in Pokémon (I am not that big of a Pokémon fan). Those are really good ideas, my favorite is the insanity one.. I will talk to a friend about the first 2 but 3 will take some thinking and I don't like 4 :P. Thanks for the help.

Belac93
2016-06-06, 07:51 PM
The insanity one was a system I tried designing at a TTRPG, but got sidetracked and never finished it. If you get it done, please PM me a link, I'd be interested to see it.