PDA

View Full Version : Yourself as a cohort.

ekarney
2016-06-06, 05:20 AM
So this is a theoretical question but not TO.

So I believe it's a devourer from Lost Kingdoms of Faerun(I think?) that eats things and then clones them.

So if you could answer from a perspective of you if you were DMing this.

That if w character were to get eaten and cloned at level 4, complete with the whole different personality thing and then at level 6, the character were cloned again obviously since the character was eaten at level 4, the clone is level 4.

So, if the character took leadership when eligible, and were aware of this clone and by some wondrous event were out of the devourers control, would you as a DM allow the character, if they requested it, let their clone be their cohort.

Also, really apologize for how badly worded this post is but the topic itself is hard to convey.

Florian
2016-06-06, 05:34 AM
Would you be subservient to yourself? A hero? I donīt think so.
(Remember that cohorts and such do it because they see the character in the leadership role. In this case, the cohort _is_ the character....)

khadgar567
2016-06-06, 05:48 AM
any case its a weird divination block since two people eligible to same spell plus its a good body double for iffy situations ( like insulting wrong nobleman)

ekarney
2016-06-06, 06:45 AM
Would you be subservient to yourself? A hero? I donīt think so.
(Remember that cohorts and such do it because they see the character in the leadership role. In this case, the cohort _is_ the character....)

That would be a personality thing though, and the devourer gives very little of your original personality and memories

Quertus
2016-06-06, 06:57 AM
Ignoring the setup... I've run into so many different copies of my characters in my adventures, between clones, "clones", magic mirrors, magic mirrors, magic mirrors, mirror realms, alternate realities, time travel shenanigans, wizard's experiments, divine whim, and myriad unexplained phenomena, that if someone wanted a copy of their character as a cohort, more power to them.

EDIT: now I've got an idea for a dragon whose breath weapon results in, whoever fails their save, a copy of them appears and attacks. That's one I haven't seen before.