PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Ageis/Soulknife Equipment Suggestions

somethingrandom
2016-06-06, 05:42 AM
I am creating a multiclass Ageis/Soulknife. He is 5th level and has 7000 gp to spend, I may not spend more than 4000 gp on any one item and would like suggestions for what to buy. Normally when playing a melle character I would buy magic weapons armour and str/con boosting items but I have little to no use for those given my class choices.

Admiral Squish
2016-06-06, 07:03 AM
First, I was not actually aware that Aegis was a thing and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. Definitely gonna make one of those someday.

Second, while you wouldn't need armor or weapons, you should definitely buy up some stat-boosting items. While you could use aegis abilities to give yourself strength and con bonuses, they'd eat up valuable customizations points, and the level limits make it so you can't get them as fast as you'd be able to afford them with items.

Now, all my advice is my personal opinion, and I'm sure there are others on this forum with more... optimized advice than my own.

I would suggest exploring the wonderful world of stacking bonuses. A +1 ring of protection is a quick + to AC, and only 2k gold. A +1 amulet of natural armor costs the same, but covers slightly less situations.

I would say get yourself a belt of giant strength +2 (4k), a ring of protection +1 (2k). You can either pick up a cloak of resistance +1 with your last 1k, or, if your DM is picky, buy a pack of mundane gear and then get some minor magical utility stuff with the 990 g left over, like a feather token (tree), or dust of dryness.

Going forward, you'll be able to afford bigger and better generic bonus items than your peers, so go nuts with those to maximize the advantages of your 'free' gear. Items that boost stats, attack rolls, AC, and saves are all solid, reliable choices that will serve you well. As you grow, look for a way to get yourself flying, (so you don't have to rely on others to fly you around). Also, a ring of freedom of movement as soon as you can afford it. You'll have a good bit of spare cash to throw around, so don't be afraid to pick up some of the fun-looking unusual utility items you might otherwise pass up, either.

Psyren
2016-06-06, 08:10 AM
Take note of the Metaforge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/metaforge) theurge PrC which allows you to advance both your mind blade and astral suit.

phlidwsn
2016-06-06, 08:17 AM
Depending on which armor you plan on using as your main, you might want to switch which stat belt you get. If you're using the Astral Suit(Medium armor, damage focused) you don't want the STR belt as they won't stack with the free Brawn customization. Grab Dex or Con instead according to your needs.

Other than that, if you plan to pickup the Harness Power Stone / Shard lines at any point for self-buffing, I'd stock up on a few stones.

Thealtruistorc
2016-06-06, 04:39 PM
I would highly advise the crystal hilt and crystal spauldrons, both of which aided me when I was building a similar character for a previous campaign. More customization is always handy, and your class features already provide everything you need.

Aside from that, investing in power stones would be worthwhile. Stock up on miscellaneous wondrous items like the cloak of resistance and the various ioun stones to make sure you can survive as long as possible, and maybe think about getting creative with the belt slot since you'll have it open from now on.

Finally, grab the Fighter's Blade and Student of the Astral Suit feats. Both are vital for making a decent metaforge build.

somethingrandom
2016-06-07, 05:20 AM
I would highly advise the crystal hilt and crystal spauldrons, both of which aided me when I was building a similar character for a previous campaign. More customization is always handy, and your class features already provide everything you need.
I would grab them but I currently can't not afford even a +1 crystal hilt and cyrstal spauldrons are over the maxium I can spend on 1 item.

Finally, grab the Fighter's Blade and Student of the Astral Suit feats. Both are vital for making a decent metaforge build.
I have Student of the Astal Suit and plan to take Fighter's Blade as my next feat

Depending on which armor you plan on using as your main, you might want to switch which stat belt you get. If you're using the Astral Suit(Medium armor, damage focused) you don't want the STR belt as they won't stack with the free Brawn customization. Grab Dex or Con instead according to your needs.

Other than that, if you plan to pickup the Harness Power Stone / Shard lines at any point for self-buffing, I'd stock up on a few stones.
I plan to have Astual Juggernaut as my main so I might pick up a Con boost

Take note of the Metaforge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/psionic-prestige-classes/metaforge) theurge PrC which allows you to advance both your mind blade and astral suit.
I am aware of the Metaforge PRC and plan to take it when I meet the prerequistes.

Magentawolf
2016-06-07, 10:27 AM
Personally, with my Aegis / Soulknife builds, I usually go dex-focused and use an Astral Skin. +1 Mithril armor is cheap, you get an extra +10 movement and a dex bonus from the skin, and with Mind Blade Finesse, you can even apply dex to a two-handed blade. :)