PDA

View Full Version : Your OOTS ships?

LunarDrop
2016-06-06, 09:13 AM
Since the Oolga/O-Chul post I felt it necessary to make a thread discussing your favorite ships (that being relationships between characters, not Lord Hinjo's junk)

Personally Belvaar (Belkar/Vaarsuvius) is my OTP of OTPs.

Quild
2016-06-06, 09:37 AM
My favorite one is Roy and Belkar (after character growth) because I think I read more than there is in it.

I believe there is untold stuff here and that part of their attitude is a facade.
That somehow, Roy trusts Belkar in his own way. Maybe things like "not siding with their foes and loot corpses for magic items" are not very a high rate of trust, but still.
I really like the first panel of #809 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0809.html). I believe none of them wants to tell the other one that they're glad he's ok.
Roy had been a big deception to me in #880 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0880.html) and in #887 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0887.html) (but Durkon being alive in the dream may be a last nail on Belkar's coffin at this point).

Not trusting Belkar on the Durkon* thing, I can go with it. His denial was really strong after all and moreover, he did not thought that Belkar was lying (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0990.html).

I think that Roy will mourn Belkar in the end. Maybe because Belkar will sacrifice for him.

Anyway, Elan and Haley are cute together, I like their couple.

Mightymosy
2016-06-06, 09:38 AM
Since the Oolga/O-Chul post I felt it necessary to make a thread discussing your favorite ships (that being relationships between characters, not Lord Hinjo's junk)

Personally Bellvar (Belkar/Vaarsuvius) is my OTP of OTPs.

I still find the word "ship" strange for this sense.

My choice is obviously Elan & Sabine, as you can guess from my signature.:smallsmile:

Laurana
2016-06-06, 09:51 AM
I totally love Elan/Haley. I definitely thought it made no sense at all when Haley first showed signs of liking Elan, but then the Giant developed it into a wonderful ship, with both of them getting better (also) because of the other. So it's my OTP, and possibly the first time I'm a canon shipper.

Other than that, I rather liked Nale-Sabine, and I found Nale's death scene poignant because of Sabine's reaction.

I cannot envision different pairings than the canonical ones at the moment.

ChillerInstinct
2016-06-06, 11:04 AM
I cannot envision different pairings than the canonical ones at the moment.

Pretty much this. I don't ship much, but when I do I disapprove breaking up canon relationships even if they're not married yet-- it's why I relented on O-Chul x Lien after it was pointed out that Lien is already in a happy relationship. Elan x Haley, Nale x Sabine, V x Inky, Roy x Celia, etc., I'm not going to break up (or in V's case, block out any chance at reconciliation) for the sake of shipping.

Of the main party, that really only leaves Durkon and Belkar unaccounted for. At this point I can't see Belkar in a steady relationship, even post-character development, and the only person Durkon's gotten friendly with who ISN'T in a relationship is Malack, who is a) deader than dead (and the spirit possessing his body for the time Durkon knew him was, if I remember correctly, destroyed when he got dusted), and b) had a wee bit of a falling out because, you know, evil (geez, between Hilyga and Malack, poor Durkon's really had it rough in the "making friends outside of the party" department, hasn't he?). I guess if I had to claim a ship for him it'd be Durkon x HPoT. Not exactly an exotic ship but meh.

Really, other than Durkon the only character not in a known existing relationship I'm really interested in shipping is O-Chul, and much like Durkon we haven't seen him too much with anyone not in an existing relationship. I guess there's enough weight to support a Durkon x O-Chul ship though again I think Durkon x HPoT probably treads more water. So by process of elimination... O-Chul x Niu/Hinjo? I'd lean towards O-Chul x Niu because the whole swearing fealty thing might make a relationship with Hinjo a bit awkward.

Oh, and Bandana x Andi because I'm fairly confident in the whole "Andi's getting snippy with Bandana because they're ex's" fanon.

Seto
2016-06-06, 11:40 AM
My favorite OotS ship is Hinjo's junk.

Gift Jeraff
2016-06-06, 12:01 PM
ElanxTarquin, the ship so deadly it sank all crack ships, before Tarquin was even introduced.

mouser9169
2016-06-06, 01:02 PM
I still find the word "ship" strange for this sense.

It's short for relationship. Probably started in Star Trek, as almost all tropes and fanfic terms originated there.

My current ship is obviously Oona and O-Chul (OO-chul?). I've got a good feeling that it may turn out to be canon. They're just too perfect a match for them to stay apart.

Shipping is wonderful as it gives you the opportunity to look deep into the characters souls and grant them what they truly need and desire without pesky annoyances like narrative, setting, or plot structure getting in the way. Sometimes the story works out for the ship, and that's fine when it happens, too :)

Beriorn
2016-06-06, 01:19 PM
My favorite OotS ship is Hinjo's junk.
Hinjo's Junk/Lifeboat that Elan was in when he punched Kubota in the face OTP.

ti'esar
2016-06-06, 02:14 PM
I know the Mechane is the one with all the screentime, but my favorite OOTS ship is actually the Badyear Blimp. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0775.html)

Liquor Box
2016-06-07, 03:58 AM
Belkar Bitterleaf and Julia Greenhilt

Eugene Greenhilt and Lirian (Draketooth?) in the afterlife.

Jaxzan Proditor
2016-06-07, 06:01 AM
Honestly, I think I'm going to say Dorukan/Lirian, if only because I'd love to see how they're holding up right now and to learn more about the Scribblers.

And of course, who's not a fan of Hinjo's junk?

Emanick
2016-06-07, 06:18 AM
I've always had a crazy crackpot theory - which I 100% know will never happen - that Belkar will meet Geezer Serini at the last gate and fall for her, and somehow get redeemed in the process. Since, you know, they're the same race and everything.

Does that count as a so-called "ship"? I guess it counts.

NerdyKris
2016-06-07, 11:02 AM
ElanxTarquin, the ship so deadly it sank all crack ships, before Tarquin was even introduced.

That kind of creepy incest stuff is why the last thread was locked.

Gift Jeraff
2016-06-07, 11:14 AM
That kind of creepy incest stuff is why the last thread was locked.

Yes, that's exactly what I was referencing. :smallconfused:

NerdyKris
2016-06-07, 12:05 PM
Is that what that whooshing noise I heard was? :smalltongue:

Liquor Box
2016-06-08, 04:29 AM
I've always had a crazy crackpot theory - which I 100% know will never happen - that Belkar will meet Geezer Serini at the last gate and fall for her, and somehow get redeemed in the process. Since, you know, they're the same race and everything.

Does that count as a so-called "ship"? I guess it counts.

Not sure, Serini doesn't strike me as being very hot.

Emanick
2016-06-09, 04:57 AM
Not sure, Serini doesn't strike me as being very hot.

Like I said, it's a crazy theory. :smallwink: (Perhaps more importantly, she's probably a senior citizen by now, even by halfling standards.)

Takver
2016-06-10, 03:44 AM
This isn't really a "shipping" comic for me, maybe because there's very little in the way of relationship angst since Elan and Haley got together. They have a very healthy relationship, as do Roy and Celia, as did Nale and Sabine. There just isn't any drama there; it doesn't seem to be a point of interest for Rich. I picture characters together and my reaction is mostly either "Huh, OK," or "Nope." I guess I think Roy and Haley would be a good couple.

Cracklord
2016-06-12, 10:47 PM
Lirian and Durkon (almost seriously). Of course, that's been sunk, so oh well.

Oh, and Soon Kim/Haetra self-destructive hate-sex. I had a lot of fun with that one.

Though I'll admit, I like random tables. I roll up all my characters on random tables, all my traits on random tables, and all my campaigns on random tables. Then I see if I can justify them in a way that is, if not organic, then at least awesome or fun. And so I naturally do the exact same for my ships.

MaggiePye
2016-06-17, 12:14 AM
It's short for relationship. Probably started in Star Trek, as almost all tropes and fanfic terms

(Sorry for the abrupt quote ending. My tablet is terrible for text editing.)

Nope, that term came from X-Files fandom. Specifically, Mulder/Scully fans. Before that (and with a lot of fans after that for years), we just called them pairings.