PDA

View Full Version : Honor Among Thieves (IC)

El'the Ellie
2016-06-06, 11:53 PM
Light years away from earth, a creature sits on a massive black and red stone throne rising over twenty feet high. The creature sits high enough that its entire body is draped in shadows. Everything save for its long, slender, four fingered hand. It looks on, clear irritation on its face. At the foot of the throne, a serpentine creature slithers forward with a mix of pride and trepidation. It speaks in its long guttural alien language.
"Iiii briiing news, honorable Gehmata. Our seers have felt the viiiibrations once agaiiin. Two, actually."
In a moment, the irritation vanishes. "In the same solar system?"
"Iiiiin the same planet, actually. But... Iiiiit iiis... Far away."
"How far?" There is a long silence.
"Twenty Seven Thousand liiight years... A tiiiny rock orbiiitiiing a tiiiny star."
The tension in the serpentine creature is palpable in the following silence while the throned creature contemplates.
"Who do I have that can make a jump?"
"Only the Tyyskiiians. But sendiiing them alone would be--"
"Send them. At once. The might discover something that proves useful. And prepare our fleet to depart as the next moon rises."
The serpentine creature curls its tail in a gesture of affirmation, a tragic look on its face, and crawls away. The throned creature rolls a dark copper coin across its knuckles.
"Two on the same planet. How... Fortuitous."

Nicole
You've always prided yourself on giving the down and out a fighting shot, but this client's case was pretty open and closed. That's what any other defense lawyer would have said, anyway. But you've seen enough of the supernatural to know that twenty-three year old Serina Demarco's story might be worth investigating. She rattles her cuffs uselessly again, and says the same thing she's been saying for hours.
"It wasn't me. Honest to God. I mean, it was, but it wasn't. I know the camera shows me smashing the window, but... I wasn't trying to. It was like I was watching... myself, from behind doing all those things. I know it sounds crazy but you have to believe me! What reason would I have even had?" The young woman sounds increasingly desperate.
Serina was charged with breaking and entering to the Museum of Modern Art, attempted murder of a museum guard (who luckily is slated to make a full recovery), and grand larceny. The evidence is pretty stacked against Ms. Demarco, but you can't help but feel there's more at play here.

Feel free to act as you like: we're starting from Nicole coming into this case pretty cold. And just to clarify, this is taking place in the NYC precinct.

Ser-En
Repairs on the scouting ship had been coming along smoothly, but the fact of the matter is that FTL deep space vessels are, well, complicated. And with the technology of this planet decades or even centuries behind what you need, every delay turned into a frustrating months long project. In the latest case, it was becoming increasingly obvious you needed a real power source for the vessel. You look at the hundreds of car batteries you rigged together while working on other things, knowing that solution hadn't been sustainable. Now the batteries were dying, and the Sanctum's intelligence system was on the fritz because of it. As you bend a piece of the hull back into rough shape, the ships voice comes crackling over your earpiece.
"Ser-En, in the time that you have been working I have been able to process several stores on information that you might find important. First, using signals from this planet's orbital broadcast system, I believe I have discovered a potential power replace--" the voice cuts out as the batteries falter. "ment located on Earth. Second, I have been able to ruminate over sensory information picked up during the death of planet Krypton, which may yield new information. Third, I have discovered additional parts of this shuttle that will need replacing. Finally, I have sensed life signatures of a creature in the vicinity in the depths of the Ocean. Would you like me to elaborate on one of these topics?"
The machine waits expectantly while you work.

I hope you don't mind that things are a bit railroad-y right now: I want a bit to inderstabd both characters a bit better.

BananaPhone
2016-06-10, 12:37 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/0/02/Anna_Raven_%28Earth-1009%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20130721022428 Ser-En

Hands on her hips and ears perked, Ser-En felt her eye twitching in annoyance as the A.I voice crackled over the intercomm. Never one to slide in her work and taking a hint of pride at what could achieve, Ser-En made a mental note to go through the computers systems once more to try and correct its oratory circuits.

"Can you get me a visual on any of them?" Ser-en asked as she made her way down the corridors of The Sanctum, its gun-metal grey walls vibrating slightly as the deep ocean currents rolled over its frame.

"Another power source sounds like just what we need - but what's stirring up nearby?"

Reaching the control deck of the vessel, she slid herself into the command chair and reclined into its plush cushioning as she looked up at the enormous viewscreen.

"How big are we talking? And how far? Can you tap into any of the humans satellites to snoop about on the planet surface?"

NineOfSpades
2016-06-10, 09:26 AM
Nicole listened patiently, keeping her face fixed in a passive and comforting expression. Her instincts were seldom wrong when it came to taking on clients, and her instincts were telling her this case was worth investigating. And in a world of magic and monsters, there were plenty of things that could explain Serina's behavior. But juries wouldn't be swayed with fantastic tales, just evidence and supportive reasoning. Keeping her notepad at the read, Nicole extended a hand, lightly touching Serina on her wrist, steadying the poor girls shaking. "Serina, I believe you. And I give you my word that I'll do everything in my power to see you through this. If your able to, I'd really like to hear your side of things. Start as far back as you feel you need to. Is there anything that happened leading up to the incident at the museum that sticks out in your memory? Anything out of the ordinary, even something small? Walk me through what you remember of the day in question" Nicole smiled, hoping to begin getting her client to open up and extend a little trust, just as Nicole had extend trust to Serina and believed the girl was innocent.

El'the Ellie
2016-06-10, 09:57 PM
Nicole
"You believe me? I mean... Of course." Your assurance seems to calm her, if only slightly.
"Right. I'll just... Start from the beginning.i was coming back from work. I... Tend to work late. Anyway, I was heading back to my apartment, right between Mercer and Greene. So, nowhere near the MoMA.
Ok. So about... Um, 10 pm, I'm walking back down Broome street. I was walking back and I heard this talking from an alley. It sounded like nonsense. At first I ignored it. There are homeless crazies everywhere, ya know? But when I got closer, it sounded like... Maybe Latin or something. I ignored it until whoever was talking said... Well they said my name."
Serina laughs humorlessly. "Oh man, I sound so crazy. I'm not, right. Ok, anyway. So I heard him, it was a guy, say my name. But not like, to get my attention. Just as if it was part of his sentence. So I poke my head in. And then... Well, that's the last I remember from that night. Stuff sorta comes back, but mostly when I watched those videos. It's like... Like I said, I remember looking over my shoulder. Like I was a... Guardian angel. Except I couldn't move or shout or anything... The rest, well the rest is on those tapes; I dunno if you've seen them yet."
Her eyes get deadly serious as she looks at you and lowers her voice. "Was I... Could I have been possessed by the Devil?"

Ser-En
The ship's response is almost immediate.
"No. Acoustics indicate the life form is roughly eight miles from our location: my aft lights are insufficient to cover the distance, and most other sensory input is out of range.
The creature is at largest estimates one hundred feet by fifty feet, migrating northwest at approximately twenty knots. At an estimate it seems not to have noticed us: this could potentially be ignored.
If you decide to investigate, I advise caution as always: pressure at this depth exceeds seventeen thousand pounds per square inch. There are no recorded species native to this planet of the estimated size."
There's a short pause. "I will attempt to access satellite records, but it may take some time."

Does the ship's AI have a name?

BananaPhone
2016-06-11, 12:00 AM
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/0/02/Anna_Raven_%28Earth-1009%29.png/revision/latest?cb=20130721022428 Ser-En

Ser-en narrowed her eyes at the ceiling, as if she could see the A.I and communicate her skepticism. "Your sensors have been reduced to 8 mile range...I got you to scan the planet from space! I, grrrrr...." she shook her fist.

Hufffing and growling softly, Ser-en turned and made her way towards an airlock hatch, her black cape fluttering behind her.

"I'll go and check it out; keep up some repairs in my absence, I'll be back!"

And with that, Ser-en, her mind going over some repairs to the ships sensors that she'll have to make, moved to the air-lock to go outside into the deep, dark ocean and investigate herself.

ooc:
A name?

Hmmmm, *ponders and strokes jaw*, I'm going to say...Jeeves!

No no, that's silly. Let's just call it Sanctum :p. Creative, I know! We'll give him a deeply masculine but strangely soothing voice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QFN3vuzpeA).

NineOfSpades
2016-06-13, 05:15 PM
Nicole nodded respectfully as she listened, occationally looking away to write herself a quick note, but otherwise giving her undivided attention to her client. "Well, Serina, that certainly qualifies as out of the ordinary, I'll give you that much" putting down the notepad, Nicole continued "I can't speak for devil possession, that falls under corporate law" Hopefully a small joke would help ease the tension "But speaking as your legal defense, your story includes an unknown person who was the last individual to speak with you prior to the event. The fact that this unknown party knew your name is very interesting to me. If we can prove that this meeting you spoke of occurred, I can certainly argue grounds to extend the investigation. Remember, I'm not here to prove your innocent, that's a common misconception. My job is to build a case which will create doubt in the minds of the jury. So long as they can't be certain that you committed a crime, and that you were responsible for your actions, then they cannot convict you."

Of course, not everything she said was true. Nicole had indeed handled demonic possessions in the past, and seen horrible creatures from the pits of hell trying to claw their way into the world. There was a time when such memories would wake her up at night, panting and in a cold sweat. It came with the territory, part of the responsibility of a barer. Subconsciously, she touched the metal bracelet on her right wrist, feeling the gemstone embedded in its surface. There wasn't enough evidence yet to get her to believe that there was dark magic at play, but her instincts told her a different story.

"Serina, I am going to try and locate the person you spoke to in that ally. Is there anything you remember that might help me locate them?"

El'the Ellie
2016-06-15, 12:27 PM
Nicole

Your reassurance seems to have some affect, at least enough that Serina gives a half smile at your joke. She closes her eyes and thinks, clearly struggling to remember as a student might when taking a test.

"Sure, of course. Umm... let's see. Like I said, it was on Broome Street, right after Chrystie. I remember because there was that big pothole outside of Bang Bang. The guy... Cause he was definitely a guy. Real deep voice. I didn't get a great look at him, but he was weird... He was black. Like, black, black. Wait, that makes me sound super racist! I just mean his skin was like very pitch black, it almost looked unnatural. Maybe it was just dark and I couldn't see, I dunno... But yeah, I think he had long hair? He was wearing a full length cloak. Not like a trench coat, maybe a pea coat? And he was standing on top of something. I couldn't tell if it was carved or drawn on the ground but it looked like... some kind of math, I think."

By the by, as you might already know, this is a real place. You can feel free to check a map if you want to infer anything about, I dunno, distance from the subway, or the ocean, or anything else.

El'the Ellie
2016-06-20, 08:29 AM
Ser-en

"Yes well, several miles under water and under extreme pressure put limitations on visual sensors. I could provide you with all sorts of unhelpful telemetry if you wish." Sanctum responds to your complaint with a hint of a defensive tone.

As the airlock floods and the door opens, you feel that familiar black expanse. Not as deep as that of space, but no less haunting of a floating, cold darkness. With a push that rocks Sanctum slightly, you shoot off in the direction the computer indicated. Navigation is hard in the dark, gravity-less expanse, but your instincts guide you in a straight line. About seven miles out you hear a deep, rhythmic wooshing noise some distance directly ahead of you. It's quiet, but your ears are sharp and the sound carries in the water. Continuing forward a bit more cautiously, you see something moving perpendicularly to you. It is a long egg-shaped form easily over a hundred feet long, and a few hundred yards away. From all sides it radiates a soft white light. That strikes you as odd: it's well known that down here where the sun doesn't reach, the creatures lack any kind of eyes (why bother when there's nothing to see). Whatever this is, then, is either producing light by accident or isn't from around here.

Getting closer would be a simple matter of swimming forward, but would also throw you into the white illumination on the side of the creature.

BananaPhone
2016-06-27, 06:15 AM

The inifite void of the deep fascinated the Kryptonian, as did the endless expanse of the darkness between stars.

Needing not breath and withheld from the fear of annihilating pressure, Ser-en sped through the black aquatic world in a trail of bubbles. It was only the majesty of the great unknown that arrested her transport and brought her to pause in wonder and consideration.

Eyes wide and flashing as she peered at an alien behemoth that lingered before her, suspended in the infinite black of the deep and wreathed with its own residual illumination.

Wrapped in the cold deep, Ser-En moved to press her frame against the nearest hint of cover; her powerful eyes spying upon the great thing that had found its way to such inhospitable leagues.

ooc:
Taking a bit of cover and rolling Perception again.

Ser-en has Extended (Vision) x4 or something I think, allowing her to peer out for many kilometers without hinderence (particularly combined with Penetrates Concealment (Vision).

Perception: [roll0]

NineOfSpades
2016-06-27, 01:53 PM
"Thank you Serina, you've been very helpful in this matter" Nicole said, finishing up her notes and closing her binder. As she stowed her case-file in her briefcase, and moved to leave, she offered one last piece of advice to her client "I'm going to look into this matter as best I can. For your part, let me caution you. It is quite likely that other people will come to speak with you. Answer their questions honestly, but don't place any weight on the things they tell you. The prosecution may try to convince you that you've got no chance to win this one, and to take a plea bargain instead. Don't let them plant that idea in your head." Her instructions were direct and forthright. "Good luck, and I'll speak to you soon"

Taking her leave, Nicole headed towards the scene of the encounter that Serina had described. There, she hoped, she could find some clues which would help her track down this specter that had spoken to her client, and with him, some answers.

El'the Ellie
2016-07-07, 10:42 AM
Nicole

It's a rainy day in the City, and as you leave the penitentiary you can't help but hope the occasional sprinkle hasn't washed away any evidence. Finding the street isn't too hard: you've been in New York long enough to know many of the major streets. Finding the specific ally Serina mentioned is a bit harder, forcing you to do some retracing of your client's steps.
The small, two foot ally isn't much to look at. A few wet trash bags sit haphazardly down the paved pathway. A few steps down the ally on the right, it branches out into a small paved, dilapidated courtyard. A metal door at the back and ring of cigarette butts suggest this is a place for a quick smoke break. Just as Serina said, however, an array of numbers and symbols are carved into the pavement.

An appropriate knowledge check can be used to identify them.

Ser-en

Floating out of reach of the behemoth's illumination, you peer at it though the darkness.

It is clearly alive: the enormous mouth and fins, and long fined tail at the rear of the creature confirm as much. It looks almost like the earth creature known as a whale, except that its skin is more visible calloused and thick, and its body is more round than the streamlined whale. Though it is alive, it is clearly not entirely biological. Peering more closely, you see metal framework bolted into the skin of the creature, and attached to the frame are many circular flood-lights, each about two feet in diameter.

BananaPhone
2016-07-10, 09:21 PM

Ser-en narrowed her eyes through the deep ocean murk as her mind pondered of what that...thing could be.

Leaving the safety of cover, Ser-en scooted further down as if she were trying to approach its soft-underbelly. As she did so, her eyes flashed with the pale indicator of her X-ray vision scanning the great things bulk in search of anything moving inside or signs of something more...sophisticated. Was it a cyborg? Something synthetic posing as a life-form?

ooc:
Another Perception roll: [roll0]

This time using Penetrates All Concealment.

NineOfSpades
2016-07-20, 11:43 AM
The rain was cold as it dripped down the back of Nicoles exposed neck. Part of her didn't want to be out here, knowing full well that this sort of chill would soon seep into her bones, giving that deep rooted ache that only came from ignoring common sense and lingering outside when wisdom told you to seek shelter. Evidence was likely to be hard enough to come by as it was, though, and an evenings downpour would only push this case that much further away.

do your duty

The voice resonated through her head, the faint touch of the Witchblade on her psyche. Once, such content made her head spin and her knees buckle, but she hardly flinched at the connection. Mostly, she was just annoyed. For being an ancient relic that bound the universe together, the damn thing never seemed to bother developing much in the way of people skills. "Yeah, I know..." Nicole sighed. The fact that it had bothered to speak at all was worrysome, since it never bothered to do so unless there was something foul stirring. The blade could sense these things, even if it didn't bother to share. Now she regretted not stopping for coffee, it was going to be one of those long evenings.

The ally was about what Nicole expected. Small, out of the way, filthy. Her eyes caught the markings on the pavement. "Alright, talk to me...what happened here...". She mumbled to herself, taking in the scene, letting her mind turn the story around in her head, tracing the steps back to the night that Serina had been walking through here.

Expertise (Magic) to identify the markings
[roll0]

Investigation check to use Brilliant Deduction (Postcognition): DC 13
[roll1]

And a perception check to use magical/divine awareness (Acute 1, extended 3)
[roll2]

El'the Ellie
2016-08-08, 09:54 AM
Ser-en

Focusing your vision, you peer into the depths of this creature. What you see surprises you. You peel back the layers to see the organs of the creature, as you might expect, and the massive rib cage and bone structure. But most of the inside of the creature is empty space. It takes you a moment to realize that the dozen other things you see moving around inside are other living creatures. And they are not the unfortunate prey of this whale-like thing: the five-foot tall, hunch backed humanoid creatures move in a way that clearly implies they are in there intentionally.

Nicole

You tap into the otherworldly senses of the witchknife, looking down at the symbols before you. Both of your minds are fairly sure there is actually nothing magical about the markings before you: it seems Serina might have been more accurate with her guess than she might have realized: these are actual mathematical symbols. It seems to be some formula of significance that takes up about two square feet of pavement, but without knowing what the symbols refer to or higher learning, it's nearly impossible to tell what the meaning is. Although a greater question occurs to you: this seems to be the thing you would find on a university chalkboard or in a professor's notebook. Why is it carved into pavement in the middle of an alley.

Switching tactics, you employ magical senses of your own and reach through the fabric of time. The events of the past few days suddenly play around you in a hazy time-lapse...
For a long time, nothing: the sun beats down on the alley and the endless traffic passes in the street. Then a man slips out of the traffic stream and into the alley. He is of average height, black hair, brown eyes. He wears a Yankees baseball hat, a fleece jacket and jeans. In one hand he carries a zipped up backpack, and in the other a handheld device. Although you've never seen the device before, its purpose is easy to discover based on the latitude and longitude numbers on the screen. It is a GPS, and based on the precision of the numbers which move with every step he takes, a very precise one. The man unzips the front portion of the bag and takes out two pieces of paper he unfolds the first one, which contains a latitude and longitude. The man steps back and forth until the numbers on his device exactly match those on his paper, then he takes care not to move his feet. He puts the first paper back in the bag and draws out a chisel and a rubber mallet. He unfolds the second piece of paper, which contains a copy of the formula found on the ground, and sets to work carving it in place. He looks between the paper and what he is carving with a frequency that suggests he hasn't committed most of this to memory. The why is still a mystery, but at least now you know how those got there. The man eventually finishes his work, throws everything back in the backpack, and tosses the backpack in the corner of the small alley area.
Time passes... Night, then day, then back to night. Eventually the alley sees another arrival, but you don't seem to see him arrive: you just sort of became aware of his existence. Perhaps he was always there and you never noticed? It is a remarkably upsetting feeling. Immediately you realize that this must be the man Serina was talking about. He is about six feet tall and wears a long black coat, but its color is so dark it is nearly impossible to tell the material or style: just that it covers him from neck to ankles. Serina was right: one of the most noticeable things about the man is the color of his skin. It is a black beyond any normal human pigments. His skin reflects so little color that the facial features everyone has, cheek bones, wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, eye depth, laugh lines, and so on are impossible to see. His white teeth and white irises are a stark contrast, as is his long, light brown hair. The man walks purposefully to the backpack in the corner and glances briefly at the symbols in the center.
The man takes a nondescript book out of the backpack, and leafs through the pages. Your glance at each page is brief, but the text in them seems to be written in Latin: not typically a great sign. The man finds his page, and begins reading in a whispering chant that grows in volume. It has a distinctly ritualistic ring to it. In between phrases you hear him work the name 'Serina' into his speech and sure enough after a few seconds a cautious but curious Serina walks around the corner. Her eyes widen in shock, and the man wordlessly extends a hand towards her. Immediately her face turns blank and expressionless. The man begins speaking to her in English. Each sentence to her begins in the same way, and carries the same ritualistic feel.
"Serina, that is your name?" She nods.
"Serina, do you know the building known by the name 'Museum of Modern Art'?" She nods again.
"Serina, do you know of the painting titled 'Gray and White' by Henry Aldan?" She shakes her head.
"Serina, that painting is in the museum. Do you think you can locate it?" She nods.
"Serina, you will leave immediately to acquire that painting, then return it to me at apartment 32B East 26th Street. Then you will forget everything about this exchange. Do you understand what you have to do?" She nods one more time.
"Then we are done here."
He turns his back her and closes the book, puts it in the bag, and takes the bag. Serina turns and walks out of the alley and you suddenly find yourself alone in the alley. You can't remember seeing the man leave, but he must have at some point, right?

Time passes again, but nothing of note occurs in the alley until you see yourself from a few moments ago enter and begin investigating.

NineOfSpades
2016-08-10, 10:28 AM
Pulling her jacket a little closer, Nicole gave a quick shake, trying to keep the blood flowing to her chilled fingers and toes. She’d seen enough in the visions to tell her what her next move was. Taking out her phone, she snapped a picture of the markings on the pavement. Magic runes might not have been her area of study in college, but she’d learned enough on her own to get by. Math though? That wasn’t something she had much of a head for, nothing on this level at least. She’d either need to find an expert, or get herself a few cups of coffee and a long night in front of her web-browser to try and get some insight. Shame she couldn’t do the same for the Latin text, as she badly wanted to know more about that. Nothing much left to do here but follow the lead she had back up to East street.

There were plenty of options available for travel. Flight, teleportation, swinging from the buildings…but she chose the more mundane option of walking. Despite the rain, she preferred to be on her feet when thinking. From the front end, she had the beginnings of a case. There was already physical evidence at the scene in question, and if she could find the Yankee fan, it wouldn’t be that hard to link him to the scene. Much as her advantages aided in her job, it was sometimes exhausting having to fabricate the chain of evidence that her magic usually filled in.

A passing taxi splashed her as she traveled, the wheel-well bottoming out in a pothole and sending a wave of water cascading into the sidewalk. She might have avoided it, had she not been enraptured with her own thoughts. The cold sheet soaked most of her left side. Pausing to offer the driver her exact opinion of his driving skills, and the various places he could shove said skills, she resumed her travels at a brisk pace.

From the other side of things, Nicole was a little worried. The specter, this black phantom, was clearly something outside the normal realms. It made her nervous whenever these sorts of beings turned up. Crooks and criminals, even ones who could shoot fire or pile drive a bus…they had a sense of proportion to them. She could guess from the onset the scale of the threat, and her predictions were usually spot on. Magic didn’t play by those rules though, and it was an endless source of stress and concern for her. A stolen amulet, a few scribed circles…maybe it would only result in some misanthrope going off on a crime spree, but sometimes it turned into apocalyptic portents and strange aeons. With magic, little things tended to turn into big things, and that was what had Nicole worried.

As she waited for a crosswalk to change, Nicole was wrestling with herself as to what she should do. Well, perhaps that was inaccurate. She knew what she should do, but she rather didn’t want to. Sera Winter. Superwoman. The alien soldier. How to describe her? Well intentioned, surely. Enthusiastic? Defiantly. Dependable? Almost certainly. All positive qualities, and yet…much as she respected the work that Sera did, it was hard to put her full faith behind her. Maybe it was her attitude, or maybe Nicole was just jaded when it came to dealing with super powered beings. Nicole felt like she should at least give her…Companion? Ally? Associate? …college a courtesy notice. This case was still small scale, one unidentified entity and one poor girl unfairly facing a long prison sentence. But it had enough out of the ordinary to throw up a red flag. In case this was one of those times when small things turned into big things, it would be nice to give one of the few people that could help some forward notice. Perhaps the alien could even decipher some of the equations, she seemed plenty adept when it came to the hard-sciences. And yet, the hesitation remained.

Nicole was out of time to debate the matter, as she’d finished her walk and arrived at her destination, the apartment complex at East 26th Street. It wasn’t any sort of leap in logic to presume she’d find her Yankee-fan here. Maybe even the link between him and the specter. She was outside the door to apartment 32B. For now at least, she was going to handle this as a lawyer, keeping the witchblade as her reserve. Part of her still hoped this was just a case of someone stupid playing with forces they didn’t understand. Those ones could usually be scared straight, just needing a reminder that it’s not all fun and games. The other ones…

Well, like she said, little things had a way of getting out of hand.

Raising a hand to knock on the door, Nicole paused only for a moment, feeling for any magical auras. No sense in going in blind. With that done, she gave two quick, firm knocks on the apartment door.

BananaPhone
2016-08-11, 12:03 AM

Ser-ens eyes narrowed and her lips parted in a "What the f...?" expression as her eyes scanned over the school of...embryos? No, they were walking about...small and hunched.

Narrowing her eyes and pursing her lips, Ser-en had an inkling that what she was looking at was a giant, under-water vessel. It had to be extraterrestrial in origin...the humans couldn't build things this big that could withstand the pressure down here.

Learning what she could from the outside, and not seeing anything (??) that would indicate hostile or suspicious activity such as imprisonment or something akin to a bridge, Ser-en left the rocky outcrop....and appeared in front of the vessel.

If there was a bridge or some type of control module in which there was some form of viewing screen, Ser-ens figure seemed to materialise before it; her flight speed ensuring she'd move from her prior point to her new one within the blink of an eye and a plume of bubbles. Floating in place, her blonde-brown hair slowly waving in the sea, she peered through the screen to whoever...or whatever...was on the other side; a smile in wait for whatever would spot her, as she brought a hand up to knock on the screen.

"Hello! I am pleased to meet you!"

But with her voice muffled beneath fathoms of ocean, to those on the inside who might hear her all they would see is her grinning and knocking on the window with a garbled "Bllro! Bl blm blee bl blee bloo!"

Expertise: [roll0]
Technology: [roll1]

Rolling these to see if she'd know whether this was a space ship, whether it was grown or built, what type of species operates a ship like this (that she'd know of) etc etc