PDA

View Full Version : Touch attacks

Theodred theOld
2016-06-07, 07:57 AM
I need some ideas for creatures with touch attacks for tonights session. Something in the 8-12 CR range. Any thoughts?

Necroticplague
2016-06-07, 08:16 AM
A level 10 gunslinger? Technically, not a touch attack, but it targets touch AC.

The ghost of a level 8 character can have a few nasty touch attacks, depending on it's choice of special abilities. Giving it [Ghost] feats can expand it's repertoire even more.

ExLibrisMortis
2016-06-07, 08:19 AM
A half-giant warblade with diamond mind maneuvers and Deep Impact?

Bobby Baratheon
2016-06-07, 08:26 AM
Any warlock build, really. Or an arcane caster focused on touch spells. Or someone with an item of wraithstrike (which I believe is technically possible under the item creation rules, though it'd be a stupid thing to let PC's have).

A fairly effective build could be a Binder/Warlock karsite. IIRC they get a dispel touch attack, SR, then whatever you get from the Binder levels, plus Eldritch blast. A conniving DM would find a way to qualify for Anima Mage to advance warlock and binder (or just allow it for simplicity's sake under Rule 0), though you'd have to ditch karsite.

Darrin
2016-06-07, 10:01 AM
Sporebats (Fiend Folio). But a word of warning... the "CR 10" must be some kind of joke, because they have 15 HD, plant immunities, and the touch attack is an enervation ray every other round (no save).

Theodred theOld
2016-06-07, 02:35 PM
Perhaps slightly more background. I've already got a slew of warmages loaded up on acid orbs, and I'd prefer to pull something from one of the books as I don't have a ton of prep time.