PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Isles: "Solo" Campaign [IC]

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 09:27 AM
Due to the "solo" character of this campaign, all players should place their actions within a spoiler and I will respond in the same way. Do not look at another character's actions or the DM's response to another character's reaction. If you are not in this campaign, feel free to look inside all spoilers however.

Player
Character Sheet

Blinkbear
Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=832296)

Cecil1994
Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=832034)

wkwkwkwk1
Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=832893)

Link (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=830415)

J-H
Link (www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php) - Cannot Access...

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 10:03 AM
Your character is on the edge of the border between the non-infested lands and the infested wasteland previously called Nyoxuria. It is approximately five p.m. and the sun is gradually beginning to set. You cannot see any infested yet.
Your character is many miles inside the infested wasteland. He cannot see any infested right now, but it is dark as the sun is almost done setting and there are quite a few trees around.
Your character is in the middle of an abandoned town in the infested wasteland. Please roll a listen check and a spot check.

Blinkbear
2016-06-07, 10:37 AM
((I assume that I come from the non-infested land to find the first temple somewhere inside the infested land? What kind of weather do we have?))

2016-06-07, 01:56 PM
Treorri checks his surroundings, shifting the pack on his tiny shoulders. This place was giving him the creeps...but then, most everything did that these days.

What are the lighting conditions right now? I'd like to go and hide ASAP. It's also worth mentioning that, at least until he's part of a group, Treorri has literally every reason to hole up somewhere during the day, and only venture out at night.

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 03:12 PM
Your assumption is correct. The weather is oddly nice, with only a few clouds dotting the sky.
The weather is quite stormy. Only the occasional bolt of lightening lights up the area.

Blinkbear
2016-06-07, 03:29 PM
"What do you think, Becky? Another hour of walking or should we find a place for the night?" Becky, the mule, naturally does not answer at all. Jaras felt less lonely anyway. It was different out here than in the monastery, ad who knew what or who lurked through this area."Yes, we shall take the first opportunity of an acceptable camping place. With a bit of luck we at least get starlight tonight." The monk nods, probably more to persuade himself of this plan, and continues walking, looking for possible dangers and also a place to stay. ((Are there any trees or rocks in the area?))

2016-06-07, 03:51 PM
Treorri sticks to the shadows as he makes his way through the abandoned town, keeping an eye and ear out for any approaching undead.

Since the lighting isn't full daylight, it's time for Hide and Move Silently checks!

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

Also, what exactly is the goal right now? Like, would I have heard of where apocalypse survivors are congregating, or am I just wandering aimlessly trying to survive on my own?

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 04:33 PM
In the distance you hear a faint scraping. Also, you know of a few bands of raiders taking advantage of the vacated towns but not of any specific groups of survivors.
There are a few trees of small size about a hundred paces of. There are no rocks of large size but a few minor ones of small diameter.

2016-06-07, 04:49 PM
Treorri, wishing to avoid the raiders in-town right now, decides it's time to get out of dodge. He begins heading towards the forest beyond the town, taking the shortest route possible while avoiding others.

Blinkbear
2016-06-07, 05:06 PM
((I assume that I have some idea into which direction I would need to go -- where/what was my last hint pointing to?))

Jaras continues his way as long as he can see sufficiently well, and as long as he believes that there will still be enough light to make a small camp site. If the sky is mostly clear, his low-light vision should work well enough for that. Of course this also depends how long he is already on his way.

He tightens his grip around the hilt of his sword, as he calms his own mind, and concentrates on studying the environment.

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 05:40 PM
Your last hint was pointing to Wyrmtooth, a desolate mountain rumored to be hiding the last of the dragons.

Blinkbear
2016-06-07, 05:52 PM
((Okay, but I fear those mountains are not next door? Are they easy to find or do I first have to investigate to find the way or general direction? Do I know of a near settlement? Do I have some immediate target location?

Sorry if those are too many questions, I just try to figure out his current plan, and I would hope that it is not "let's just walk into some direction and see what happens" ;)

I also would like to have purchased some maps, total value of 260gp, it would be cool if you could tell me what they cover.))

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 06:11 PM
((Okay, but I fear those mountains are not next door? Are they easy to find or do I first have to investigate to find the way or general direction? Do I know of a near settlement? Do I have some immediate target location?

Sorry if those are too many questions, I just try to figure out his current plan, and I would hope that it is not "let's just walk into some direction and see what happens" ;)

I also would like to have purchased some maps, total value of 260gp, it would be cool if you could tell me what they cover.))

1. They are a couple hundred miles away. 2. It is one mountain and is easy to find. 3. Not for at least fifty miles. 4. You may decide that. 5. Your maps cover Wyrmtooth in some good detail, the infested wastelands (before the infection/subsequent desertion) in some good detail, the entire set of islands in okay detail, and the two islands off of the coast of the main island in good detail.

LordOfCain
2016-06-07, 07:33 PM
The trees cast long, ominous shadows and the branches wave in the wind. Thus far you cant see anything out of the ordinary. Make a Listen/Spot check.

2016-06-07, 07:38 PM
Treorri flitted from shadow to shadow, thankful for his ability to practically melt into them. As he ventured onward, he thought he detected something nearby...

Blinkbear
2016-06-08, 03:50 AM
Jaras will continue walking until the two of them become tired. Meanwhile, he tries to spot a good camp site, namely a spot with a (as big as possible) tree. He tries to head into the general direction of the next (possibly deserted) settlement.

If there are no encounters of whatever kind, his routine would be to (1) tie the mule to the tree, feed it some water from a pot, and if there is no grass, also give it some donkey feed; (2) eat some smoked meat and bread from his rations; (3) hang most of his belongings into the tree, trying to hide it at least a bit. (4) roll out the bedroll and trying to make himself comfortable.

He would have the (covered) everburning torch and his sword "under his pillow", just in case. During the whole routine, he would try to prevent using light, but use the everburning torch, if possible.

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 08:30 AM
You see a feline shape prowling through the trees off to the side. You think it is approximately seven to ten meters back. It oddly does not appear to be making a sound as it walks in a nearly parallel path to yours.
There are no events of note before you go to bed with the preparations you have described, but make five spot checks and five listen checks (1/hour).

Blinkbear
2016-06-08, 08:34 AM
There are no events of note before you go to bed with the preparations you have described, but make five spot checks and five listen checks (1/hour).

Vision: Low-Light-Vision
Hour 1: Spot: [roll0], Listen: [roll1]
Hour 2: Spot: [roll2], Listen: [roll3]
Hour 3: Spot: [roll4], Listen: [roll5]
Hour 4: Spot: [roll6], Listen: [roll7]
Hour 5: Spot: [roll8], Listen: [roll9]

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 08:44 AM
You are outside of a decent size village, filled to the brim with infectious undead. Previously a stronghold against the plague, a single infected who had not fallen to the disease made his way inside and spread the disease like wildfire. There were next to no survivors.

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 08:53 AM
Four hours into your sleep you are roused by the sound of grunting and what sounds like cracking sticks. You think you see the vague outline of something large around five meters from you.

Blinkbear
2016-06-08, 09:05 AM
Jaras tries to see what kind of creature this is, and calmly grabs his sword. If it is too dark, he attempts to throw the everburning torch (a simple steel amulet with an attached lace to carry it around the neck or hand), targeting some spot 10ft left or right of the creature, preferably not into the mule's direction. He basically tries to make some light without himself standing in the light himself. He also tries to diverse the attention from himself, but of course, the moment he throws the torch, it is uncovered, and thus its trace is visible during the flight.

If a spot check is required: [roll0].
If a ranged attack roll for the everburning torch is required: [roll1].

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 09:14 AM
Please make a Wisdom check to determine what it is. You see the outline of a large quadruped and manage to throw the torch within a few meters of it.

cecil1994
2016-06-08, 09:49 AM
You are outside of a decent size village, filled to the brim with infectious undead. Previously a stronghold against the plague, a single infected who had not fallen to the disease made his way inside and spread the disease like wildfire. There were next to no survivors.

Halir's spiked tail lashes behind him as he takes in the horrific sight. A Spot check to count the undead... and scan for sights of survivors. [roll0]

Blinkbear
2016-06-08, 09:57 AM
Please make a Wisdom check to determine what it is. You see the outline of a large quadruped and manage to throw the torch within a few meters of it.

WIS Check to determine kind of creature: [roll0]

2016-06-08, 01:11 PM
Treorri attempts to put some distance between himself and the creature, beating a stealthy retreat away.

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 05:12 PM
WIS Check to determine kind of creature: [roll0]

You think it is a large mammal of some kind and think you have seen similar creatures but can't remember where.

LordOfCain
2016-06-08, 05:14 PM
Treorri attempts to put some distance between himself and the creature, beating a stealthy retreat away.
The large creature doesn't seem to notice you as you stealthily make your retreat.
You don't see any survivors yet but see around a dozen to two dozen undead wandering aimlessly.

cecil1994
2016-06-08, 05:38 PM
Halir crouches down, and attempts to stealthily make his way to a proper vantage point above the town- one apt for firing. stealth: [roll0]

2016-06-08, 05:50 PM
Treorri continues his careful wandering, maintaining his stealth as he makes his way through the forest. Hopefully, he would come across more civil civilization soon...raiders were not his cup of tea.

Blinkbear
2016-06-08, 10:32 PM
You think it is a large mammal of some kind and think you have seen similar creatures but can't remember where.

((But it looks like an alive animal to me? Does the creature look at me? How does it react on the light?))

LordOfCain
2016-06-09, 07:04 AM
((But it looks like an alive animal to me? Does the creature look at me? How does it react on the light?))

It seemed surprised by the light and took a step back but not wholly surprised. You can hear it breathing heavily.

LordOfCain
2016-06-09, 07:10 AM
Treorri continues his careful wandering, maintaining his stealth as he makes his way through the forest. Hopefully, he would come across more civil civilization soon...raiders were not his cup of tea.

You don't run into anything and manage to make it through the forest uneventfully.
You begin to make it to a higher vantage point. Thus far nothing has noticed you.

Blinkbear
2016-06-09, 07:22 AM
It seemed surprised by the light and took a step back but not wholly surprised. You can hear it breathing heavily.

((Sorry that this works out so slow, but I still have another question: Does this animal look rather carnivore/predator/dangerous or basically like a curious, but peaceful animal? I am basically trying to understand if I am supposed to attack this thing or not))
Jaras stands still, his sword ready, and tries to assess the intentions of the creature. If it should attack, he will be ready, but otherwise, he will let it be for the moment.

cecil1994
2016-06-09, 07:45 AM
You begin to make it to a higher vantage point. Thus far nothing has noticed you.

Halir tenses, slides his finder through the dirt and sketches odd runes on his skin with it. How close are the undead from my lookout?

LordOfCain
2016-06-10, 03:06 PM
There are three approximately sixty feet from you and five approximately one hundred feet from you.

LordOfCain
2016-06-10, 03:09 PM
((Sorry that this works out so slow, but I still have another question: Does this animal look rather carnivore/predator/dangerous or basically like a curious, but peaceful animal? I am basically trying to understand if I am supposed to attack this thing or not))
Jaras stands still, his sword ready, and tries to assess the intentions of the creature. If it should attack, he will be ready, but otherwise, he will let it be for the moment.

It is large and has large spikes protruding from its head. It looks like it could pose a threat if it attacked you

LordOfCain
2016-06-10, 03:10 PM
About five hours of wandering later you come across a field with tall grasses.

cecil1994
2016-06-10, 05:28 PM
A spined tail lashes behind Halir, and fires. Three jutting spines as long as arrows fly at one of the nearest corpses.

Attack:[roll0] Damage: [roll1]
Attack:[roll2] Damage: [roll3]
Attack:[roll4] Damage: [roll5]

Add whatever modifiers high ground gives me, and this is vs flat-footed AC.

Blinkbear
2016-06-10, 05:57 PM
It is large and has large spikes protruding from its head. It looks like it could pose a threat if it attacked you

Jaras does not attack the creature and hopes that is has no further interest in him. Instead, he withdraws slowly into the direction of the tree.

2016-06-10, 06:36 PM
About five hours of wandering later you come across a field with tall grasses.

Treorri cuts through the field, keeping an eye and ear out as he goes.

LordOfCain
2016-06-12, 07:43 PM
Jaras does not attack the creature and hopes that is has no further interest in him. Instead, he withdraws slowly into the direction of the tree.

It looks in your direction and then goes back to eating... whatever it was eating...

LordOfCain
2016-06-12, 07:44 PM
Treorri cuts through the field, keeping an eye and ear out as he goes.

Thus far you neither hear nor see anything.

2016-06-12, 07:53 PM
Thus far you neither hear nor see anything.

Treorri continues deeper into the grass.

Blinkbear
2016-06-13, 02:23 PM
It looks in your direction and then goes back to eating... whatever it was eating...

Jaras looks over to his mule to see if she is sleeping/okay. Then he quickly puts his eyes back on the creature, trying to study it, and to decide whether he should try to lurk the creature away, or wait until it's gone. ((he has lowlight vision))

LordOfCain
2016-06-14, 05:13 PM
Jaras looks over to his mule to see if she is sleeping/okay. Then he quickly puts his eyes back on the creature, trying to study it, and to decide whether he should try to lurk the creature away, or wait until it's gone. ((he has lowlight vision))

The mule is awake but does not seem worried by the creature, that is more than it would be any other large creature.

LordOfCain
2016-06-14, 05:14 PM
Treorri continues deeper into the grass.
How long do you continue going through the grass?

Blinkbear
2016-06-15, 08:47 AM
The mule is awake but does not seem worried by the creature, that is more than it would be any other large creature.

Jaras slowly sits down, his back to the tree, puts his sword on his lap, and tries to get some rest. At some point he will realize that it would probably for the best if he covered the light again. If the creature does not move away before that, he slowly gets up again, and will carefully proceed to the light, in order to take it under cover again. If the creature should leave before that, he will cover the light anyway, and try to get to sleep again.