PDA

View Full Version : My World Voidsea (PEACH wanted)

Ralcos
2016-06-07, 05:07 PM
The Voidsea
A Science-Fantasy setting inspired by Titan A.E. and Treasure Planet.

http://cdn.paper4pc.com/images/scifi-fantasy-art-artwork-science-fiction-futuristic-original-adventure-fantasy-wallpaper-14.jpg

We are born from the blood of dead gods,
the shrill threat of existence.
The void calls order from the chaos,
yet we survive the ashes.
Followers of our true calling,
we stand alone.
But, together, our voices call,
for we are born from the blood of dead gods...
- High Priest Torem, The Ballad of Lost Discovery.

The Voidsea, the name for the void and its' flows and waves. Infinite in scope, unfathomable by mortal perception.
As all know, the universe was born from a war between deities long forgotten, and from the corpses, came mortality itself. Building civilization on the remnants, mortals of all kinds developed technology alongside the arcane and psionic arts, later able to travel between settlements colonies and, more importantly, the vast Voidsea itself.

RACES OF THE VOIDSEA
When it comes to the beings born from the deceased gods, there are a supposedly infinite amount of races and animals in the known parts of the Voidsea (though many races are still considered to be weird and alien, especially if the species hasn't been seen before).
When it comes to playing in this setting, any playable race from a handbook should be allowed (unless for a specific reason).

MAGIC OF THE VOIDSEA
Magic in the universe of the Voidsea is just as universal as it is in other settings, the major differences being the source of the said powers.
Arcane Energies come from the universe itself, with the majority of beings having been born with wellpools of energy, but only a fraction (in comparison) able to harness and learn how to use the energy of the flows and waves.
Divine Energies are the life forces of the universe itself, the infinite energy that fuels suns and a potent remnant from the essence of gods themselves. Practitioners of Divine powers (like Clerics and Paladins) are "descendants" or "chosen" of the deities, being their own source of divine energy.
Psionic Power is the innate ability of all creatures in the known universe, but only some can learn to control and harness their minds, similar to the users of Arcane energies.

Ralcos
2016-06-07, 05:08 PM
{reserved for more details}

Ralcos
2016-06-07, 05:09 PM
{Reserved for more details}

Ralcos
2016-06-07, 05:10 PM
You can comment now.
I just want to share this setting with you guys. I think it'd be fun, despite the fact that it's a general concept right now with only a few basic ideas in place.

barbecube
2016-06-08, 06:35 PM
You didn't say what system you're using, but since this is mostly a D&D community I assume you're using D&D and that raises some questions related to your "dead gods" premise (which, by the way, I really like.)

Are there "outsiders" in your setting? What are they like?

if you're using 5e, what's your solution for Divine Intervention?

Ralcos
2016-06-08, 11:03 PM
You didn't say what system you're using, but since this is mostly a D&D community I assume you're using D&D and that raises some questions related to your "dead gods" premise (which, by the way, I really like.)

Are there "outsiders" in your setting? What are they like?

if you're using 5e, what's your solution for Divine Intervention?

I AM planning this for 5e.

Wait, 5e has a spell that relies on gods? Crap...

But, to answer your question, the basic imagined premise was that there are no true "planes" per se, but elements of all of them interact with each other in a huge mega-reality. Does that make sense?

There will still be "outsiders", though I'd use the term "immortal" like WOTC used for the same creatures in 4e.