PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-28, 07:26 AM
I like this game! It seems that it's only available for XBox and PS3 sadly.

Now I've played a lot of games in my day, but I have never played a mafia hitman with something that looks like the Venom Symbiote and Shub-Niggurath growing out of you that eats the hearts of people you've killed.

Wow.

If you're not someone who enjoys their games messy, disturbing and you'll want to give a pass on this one. This is extremely graphic.

But since most of the people here I suspect live for gore, you'll probably all be fine.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-28, 07:28 AM
Should I get it, or can i pass? get to the point!

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-28, 07:49 AM
I only played it a little, so I'm not really ready to give a final verdict. I suspect it may not have much replay value.

If you can get it for cheap, definitely worth it though.

Also edited to make things a bit clearer.

sobebop
2007-06-28, 11:49 AM
i have not played the game myself, but i hear good things about it.

controls are a bit tough to get used to and it is 1st person. but the gameplay and cut sceans are very good (from what i hear!)

TheOtherMC
2007-06-28, 10:11 PM
"I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE"

......oh.....wrong "The Darkness".........

Demon Messiah
2007-06-29, 10:59 AM
Bah! Spare my ears the torment!

I played the game at my friends house last night, it seemed good. Graphics were nice and devouring hearts looked like a barrel of fun. If you're into less realistic FPS games, like Gears of War or Metroid Prime, I would advise it.

I also played Overlord at his house, and I think I'd rather get it...but I'm a sucker for a Pikmin/Fable crossbreed.:smallbiggrin:

Ranis
2007-06-29, 11:05 AM
controls are a bit tough to get used to and it is 1st person.

What's wrong with FPS?

Sereneprophet
2007-06-29, 03:58 PM
Maybe he had bad experiences with CSS?

I dunno, I do know aiming is a bit tougher for me on Console FPS, since i'm used to the quick accuracy of the mouse.

All I know is this game looks fun, and from the reviews Ive been reading, is right up my alley in terms of FPS games. Plus, how can you not like summoning evil darkness to whip out some pwnage on the badguys...its like...AWESOME.

Myatar_Panwar
2007-07-04, 10:38 AM
I bought the game a few days ago, and I love it (well most of it). I love the game play ideas like having to shoot out lights, devour hearts, and impale people with a demonic arm. I also love the story-line, its making me want to read the comic series. But one thing I don't love is how long the main story lasts. I didn't time it, but I finished the game in two days. Its pretty short. But then again, I find myself (right now) playing through it again, and I haven't tried the multi player yet, so that might be good.