PDA

View Full Version : List of Shadow Creatures

Death_Lord12
2016-06-07, 08:36 PM
I am looking for shadow themed creatures to use in my campaign. So far I have:

Shadow
Greater Shadow
Shadow Mastiff
Nightshade (nightcrawler/nightwalker/nightwing)

I also remember somewhere seeing a spider and a shark version of nightshade but can't remember where, any one know?

Anyways, what's all the different shadow creatures you guys know, and if you could put sources and page number next to it that'd be appreciated.

Anything is allowed, core, 3rd party, whatever.

Thanks in advance.

Tiri
2016-06-07, 09:11 PM
There are also the Shadow and Umbral Creature templates if you want to add a shadow theme to a larger range of creatures. Shadow Creatures are more akin to Shadow Mastiffs and Umbral ones to the undead you listed.

Shadow Creature is from Lords of Madness and Umbral from Libris Mortis.

Gildedragon
2016-06-07, 09:17 PM
There is also the Dark template from Tome of Magic
Diabolans (Drag Comp) aren't native to the Shadow but set up residence there after their home plane was destroyed
Illumians (RoD) also moved their racial capital to the Shadow after their previous capital was trashed by githyanki

BowStreetRunner
2016-06-07, 09:19 PM
From the archives: Everything Shadow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-329348.html)

Sword-Geass
2016-06-07, 09:22 PM
There's also a Shadow Dark template in the Tome of Magic! And a there's also a section of Shadow monsters in that same book, under the Shadow Magic section. That's probably the best you'll find. You can also grab shadowcasters and the shadow PrC from that book if you want to incorporate enemy humanoids and also keep them shadow themed.

PD: shadow shadow shadow. Dunno how many times did I say that, but this has probably been my worst redaction of all times. :smalltongue:

Troacctid
2016-06-07, 09:24 PM
Shadow-bound (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20030728a) template

DrMotives
2016-06-07, 10:36 PM
Manual of the Planes has the Ephemera. Fiend Folio has Shadar-Kai, Shadow Asp, & Shadurakul. There's a Shadow Fiend Tanar'ri Demon somewhere, but can't recall what book off the top of my head. Shadow dragons are in Draconomicon. Savage Species has an "Umbral Creature" template, which is a template version of the shadow undead.

DrMotives
2016-06-07, 10:38 PM
Also the Shadow Jelly is in the Planar Handbook.

ksbsnowowl
2016-06-07, 11:52 PM
Lost Empires of Faerun has a fourth type of Nightshade. The gargoyle-like Nighthaunt.

Anauroch: The Empire of Shade also has Shadow Sea Serpents and Veserab.

The aforementioned Shadow Demon is in BoVD and Expedition to Castle Ravenloft (3.5 stats).

There is also the Shade template in the back of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting.

ShurikVch
2016-06-08, 11:21 AM
Check this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?402427-Looking-for-darkness-shadow-related-stuff-%28feats-magic-monsters-etc-%29), there are a lot of stuff

Also, Nightgaunt from Call of Cthulhu

ksbsnowowl
2016-06-09, 12:09 AM
Gloaming race from Underdark

Werephilosopher
2016-06-09, 12:15 PM
There's the shadow-walker template from Unapproachable East.

Xuldarinar
2016-06-09, 12:20 PM
No mention of ephemeral hangmen, khayal, shadow elementals, or shadow lich? (Tome of Magic)