PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Lunge, "until the end of your turn" and combat patrol

Seppo87
2016-06-08, 03:09 AM
I do not attack during my turn because I am setting up a Combat Patrol.

After my turn, someone provokes an aoo from me.

"Before making any attacks" I decide I want to use Lunge. The time is appropriate because I haven't attacked yet and the feat does not mention that it must be activated on my own turn.

Using Lunge this way does noy increase my threatened area. However it allows me to attack enemy I threaten with Combat Patrol from a distance.

When my next turn comes, I lose the -2 penalty to AC. However the extra reach is still active as none of my turns has ended yet.

I believe this is raw.
Any reasons why this would not work?

Kurald Galain
2016-06-08, 05:29 AM
It doesn't work. It's pretty obvious from the wording of Lunge that it needs to be used before you make attacks during your turn.

(although I suppose you could also interpret it as "you must use Lunge before your character makes any attacks, ever" :smallamused: )

Psyren
2016-06-08, 08:27 AM
Lunge says "end of your turn" not, "end of your next turn." It must therefore be used on your turn, and cannot usually be combined with AoOs (except for the rare case where those happen during your turn.)

Seppo87
2016-06-08, 08:45 PM
Lunge says "end of your turn" not, "end of your next turn."

it does not say "current turn" either.

Kurald Galain
2016-06-09, 03:44 AM
Yes, I suppose you could also interpret it as "you must use Lunge before your character makes any attacks, ever" :smallamused: