PDA

View Full Version : Monster Pulse

Takver
2016-06-08, 05:45 AM
Anybody else read MONSTER PULSE? If not, you should! Sort of a fantasy/superhero comic where a shadowy government organization is responsible for creating "ghosts" that seek out children and form monsters out of their body parts (without killing them)! The main character is a girl with a super-strong heart monster. It's got lots of great action, but an equal focus on character development and relationships, and all the monster designs are to DIE FOR. Fans of Gunnerkrigg Court should definitely like this one.

The homepage (http://monster-pulse.com/) (with latest comic). Updates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

The first comic (http://www.monster-pulse.com/comic/monster-pulse). Please note that the comic started out in black-and-white, then switched to color starting Chapter 12.

---

If you do read it, how about this latest chapter with Rjinder and Lulenski eh? Big jump off of the slippery slope for Lulenski!

Durkoala
2016-06-11, 12:50 PM
thank you finding this, I read it a while ago and completely forgot what it was called.

I've only got up to ch. 6 so far, but it's been steadily getting better. The designs are all great, both for the humans and the monsters, the powers are all good and the story is rolling on nicely. Some of the kids are a bit creepy, but that's really to be expected with the subject matter of the story.

To anybody that hasn't read it, it starts a little slow and the pages are paced a bit too fast for my tastes, but it does get better, especially once the gang starts to come together.

halfeye
2016-06-11, 01:36 PM
Yeah I read it. I haven't crawled the archive yet though.

It seems to me that it often updates less often than M-W-F in practice.

Takver
2016-06-11, 07:39 PM
Hmm, I haven't noticed that. She will sometimes be a little late (not midnight), but for the last few months, there have been 3 comics a week I'm pretty sure.

@Durkoala: I think creepiness is this comic's bread and butter, haha.

Kantaki
2016-06-29, 10:22 AM
Interesting story, fun characters, creepy powers (or powersource at least)... I like it.

New Comic

If I was a nicer person I would feel more sorry for Claire (and the other kids). Unfortunatly I'm far to amused by all the "spineless" puns.:smallamused: The various other options are nice too.